• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Money in the Bank - The Big Show vs. Mark Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night on SmackDown!, it was annoounced that the "World's Largest Athlete" would take on the "World's Strongest Man" at the upcoming MITB ppv.

I don't expect this match to get a lot of buzz or attention for a lot of reasons. Of course, the MITB matches in and of themselves and the two World Championship matches, the WWE Championship match in particular, are going to be what people are generally waiting for.

However, believe it or not, I think this actually has the potential to be a decent match. WWE has been delivering some good big man matches as of late, Kane vs. Mark Henry last night was actually pretty good in my opinion. Of course, Show & Henry suffer from the fact that they're not internet darlings. After all, they're both over 240 pounds so that immediately gets them hate from a lot in the IWC right there.

Henry's intensity has been interesting and while this match certainly won't be some technical or high flying classic, there's potential here to tell a good story and for just a good, physical clash between two monsters.

Don't see who this match benefits. I'm going to guess Mark Henry seeing as if Orton retains at Money In The Bank he'll need a new opponent for SummerSlam. They surely won't opt for Sheamus again.

Ideally Big Show would win, considering he has marginally more upside.

I'm not really gonna expect much from this match and I only see it as filler for the card. I think WWE has plans for Mark Henry in the future before he retires. I'm predicting Henry picks up the win here and moves up the card and maybe ends up becoming the next contender for the WHC unless Sheamus gets the next title shot.

Filler; another match until the real matches start. It'll be a basic big man match, I'm sure. Can't say this match will be overly good, it will be just that - a super heavyweight showcase. I bet Henry wins in a 4 minute formulaic time-to-get-the-popcorn big man match.

I think Henry will attack show before match starts then Kane comes down 2 help his partner then in the mitb match kanes about 2 win and henry comes down and pushs him off the ladder

I dont think the fact that they arent 'internet darlings' even matters...vince doesnt care n the big show is a fan favorite and mark henry is getting pushed i like the fued its great to see mark henry getting used hes been there forever...i think show is a great person to use for 'enhancement' hes done it before but still i feel like he should be in the main event picture after all hes...500 lbs dudes a beast

Damn, I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this.

Make no mistake about it, this will suck, it may be entertaining in a train wreck kind of way, but it will suck none the less. I can't remember that last time either man had a good match on PPV, let alone having a good match on PPV with each other.

Some people seem to insist Henry has been good as of late, I can't see it, all I see is him angry a lot and breathing loudly. I haven't seen any good promos by him lately (or ever for that matter), I certainly haven't seen any good matches from him lately (or ever) so where are people getting the idea he has been good lately?

Anyway, Henry will probably win this to continue his "every two years push". His pushes haven't worked in the past, he had a fucking Mania match with Taker, he main event he Rumble with angle and he still didn't go anywhere, what makes Vince think his push will work this time?

Henry to win and then hopefully get squashed by Orton to end this stupid push.

I'm not really gonna expect much from this match and I only see it as filler for the card. I think WWE has plans for Mark Henry in the future before he retires. I'm predicting Henry picks up the win here and moves up the card and maybe ends up becoming the next contender for the WHC unless Sheamus gets the next title shot.

I couldn't agree with you more. The WWE seems to be pushing Mark Henry even more than usual and we all know his time is coming to a close. I'd love to see him as WHC before he goes

I think it's bad to overly negatively critique a match before it gets here, you never know, it could shock you and be great.

I enjoyed watching Khali vs Show live at Backlash in person years back.

I mean, I just dont know what people want because every great wrestling match isnt two little guys Rey's size or two guys's HBK and Bret's size. Two big guys can have a nice match, a big and little guy can have a nice match, hell, Andre was a draw. Bigshow can move better than him. Taker can move better than any big man in history.

Why cant we just see what happens

World's Largest Athlete vs World's Strongest Man is all that needs to be said here, that alone sells this match as something special, yeah we've seen it before, but with the story behind it it will not be a match it will be a fight and a damn good one. MITB didnt drop the ball last year and damn sure hasnt this year and officially has overshadowed NOC as best B list PPV even over EC, TLC and HIAC which overexposes the HIAC match.

MITB cards are great from top to bottom even in the matches you least anticipate and I guarantee a nice DQ finish to this match. It seems like it's the only logical finish being that there's so much heated hatred between the two, you'll get a DQ and end up having them in some type of specialty match... and hell, maybe we'll get a Weight Lifting Contest on Smackdown! leading into that No Holds Barred style match and then some type of Strong Man Challenge. Remember when Bigshow lifted the jeep in England I believe and the stuff Henry did? Now imagine that all in one segment in a strength vs strength muscle-off.

I'm just sayin, let's wait and see. I dont see how any of you get bored at a PPV and I hope the ppl I've been reading about lately who get up during a "bathroom break" match or turn off their tvs because Raw isnt getting them hard the whole 2 hours feel really stupid missing the moments they said they missed live. I never miss a show, I never go to the bathroom or get up through an event, live or at home, I am glued to my screen, I hold it because I know that at any moment, anything can happen and that's something people forget. It may not be Attitude anymore, which I love, but it is still the company I love and they show they're trying sometimes, even if they drop the ball with some stuff.

Enjoy the match, it wont be Daniel Bryan vs Sin Cara but it will be a good match with a story behind it not Jack Swagger vs Edge out of nowhere or an impromptu tag team title bout or U.S. title bout, now that sucks, but Bigshow vs Mark Henry, fighting this Sunday, in their current mind states... dat... dat's cool.

This match will most likely be crap, but the kind of crap that can put Mark Henry over even more. It needs to be a mostly dominant performance for Henry, as destroying the Big Show will make him look like an unstoppable monster. He'll need that going into an eventual feud with Randy Orton. I'd rather Sheamus get a shot next, but they seem quite high on Henry right now, so who knows? Either way, Henry needs to win this.

Hopefully, this will be the first match to get it out of the way, but it's more than likely the PPC will begin with the SD MiTB. However, I really hope Show comes out on top because of my hatred for Henry, no matter how much this heel character suits him. After his sneak attack on Show this Monday on Raw, I say Show will get the one up on Henry.

Clearly I am in the minority here, but I look forward to this match. I won't pretend this will be a 5 star technical battle, but I believe it has a chance to be a very intense, hard hitting match. These are two giant men with storyline rage to unleash.

Big Show has less momentum going into this match, but has shown a more aggressive side to him as of late. I'll cite his attack on that poor announcer for Alberto Del Rio. Show rarely shows that type of furor. Plus I find some intrigue in the fact that he has been bested quite a bit in recent weeks. Could this be a build to the Big Show snapping and finally, finally become the killer a man his size should be.

Mark Henry seems to be receiving the proper push for a large man. He is incredibly strong, pissed off, and eager to use those to his amusement. I actually loved his line "When you're dealing with the world's strongest man, somebody's going to get their ass kicked." He has been portrayed as an unstoppable monster lately, which I feel fits him well and is gaining heat. I think his "silverback" gimmick could have been huge on Smackdown had he not been booked in the exact same manner as his career (i.e. getting pinned way too often by guys he logically would be crushing).

I believe these men will be allowed to get a little more physical then a standard Raw match or angle. I think they have done a nice job incorporating table spots, as well as that neat cage spot from Vegas. This is a chance to allow these men to push the boundaries and deliver a solid foundation for the push of one of these men.

I'm voting Mark Henry.

Well, its obvious that wrestling wise, this isn't going to be a good match, and storyline reason, I don't think so either. There is no true story behind it, just a bunch of cheap attacks, I am actually interested in the outcome of the match. If Big Show wins, the question is whats next for Mark Henry? If Mark Henry wins, the question now becomes is Mark Henry next in line for the World Heavyweight Championship? That is the only reason to watch this match in my opinion. If you want a prediction, I would have to say Henry is going to win.

Call me crazy, but I'm really looking forward to this match. I'm sure it will be what J.R would call, "Bowling-Shoe Ugly," but I'm curious to see where the booking goes from here. They've been pushing Henry as an unstoppable monster and he's all of a sudden become passable with a microphone. Show always been solid and would be the perfect stepping stone for Henry to get in his final run in main event status.

If Show wins though, I don't know what the point of all of this was. Just to pass the time I suppose.

Here we are, ladies and gentlemen. My pick for the match where I go to the fridge for a snack. We have a match between a jobber to the stars in Big Show and the permanent holder of the "Raw MVP" (lol) and "Royal Rumble biggest threat to win" awards in Mark Henry. Seriously, does either guy benefit from a win here? This match is filler and nothing else. They could have done a match between Ziggler and Drew (or random other challenger) for the US Championship, or even an IC title defense to open the show. They give us this instead? I can't think of anyone who actually wants to see this match. I think Henry will win because they seem to be building him up as a monster heel again, only for him to end up getting squashed by Orton should he enter a main event match. Big Show winning would change absolutely nothing.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Mark Henry will defeat Big Show.

This will be an awful, awful match. It may seem presumptuous to say that, but come one. Let's not kid ourselves. Neither Mark Henry or the Big Show are exciting in the ring. They can wrestle, there's no doubt about that. But they aren't really known for their exciting, entertaining matches. It's classic big man vs. big man.

Henry has to win here. They've been pushing him as a monster heel, while Show hasn't really been pushed at all. Henry would benefit greatly from this win and put him in the Intercontinental Championship picture, or even (gulp) the World Heavyweight Championship picture. Show would get nothing out of a win here.

You know something, I've actually enjoyed the build for this feud. Mark Henry has done a fine job with his heel character lately, and he does have a nice amount of momentum. Show has been able to hold up his end of the bargain as well, and the big man can always do a good job of showing some real rage.

I don't except anything good or decent from this match. I think this will be slow, and we should see a good amount of power moves in this battle of the big men. I'm picking Henry for the win here. He has received a pretty nice push over the past few months, and I wouldn't be surprised if he found his way into the WHC picture after this one

They have done what I thought impossible -- forced me to care about Mark Henry.

His heel turn has been outstanding. He's a simple monster, and it's working. He isn't going into long, drawn out speeches, talking philosophically, etc. He's just tearing shit up, plain and simple.

Matches like this are never IWC favorites, so I expect this match to "suck." However, if you dumb yourself down a bit, and understand what this match is supposed to be, you'll probably enjoy it. That's the route I'm taking.

Mark Henry should definitely go over here. Big Show doesn't need it. He's best at putting over talent and that's what he should do here, put someone who is a tad bit more interesting over. Mark Henry has been on a path of destruction and I would expect him to win to keep his momentum going. Like many others have said, hopefully he gets himself a World Heavyweight Title opportunity later on. This match will be cool to watch but might go by a bit slow. Mark should win though.

Hamler's Prediction - Mark Henry

I feel bad considering my original post. Because it wasn't actually that bad. In fact - and call me crazy if you want - it was good. It had that epic feel to it. It wasn't a technical match by any means, but it didn't have to be. It was two huge guys facing off and I liked it. Everything they did looked impactful and impressive. From Henry's dropkick into the steps to the post-match assault, there were "wow factors" littered throughout the match.

Just read that Big Show is out for 6-8 weeks with a story line injury. Am I the only one that thought he was really injured? From the conversation you could hear him having with the trainer it sounded like Mark Henry messed up and actually broke Big Show's foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back