• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Money In The Bank 2013 - WWE Championship: John Cena (c) VS Mark Henry

It'd be nice to see Henry get another World Title run, but I doubt it will happen here, unfortunately. As someone above posted, this is just a short term feud against a worthy challenger, before Cena moves on to, hopefully, feud with Daniel Bryan.

I've enjoyed Henry's work since 2006 or so and his 2011 unstoppable monster run was great fun. The promo on this week Raw was a classic and unlike most I think the match will be good, but I like monster heels vs a good selling face and Cena and Henry are great at their respective roles in such a match.

I have zero doubt that Cena will win, to me this is like the R Truth feud Cena had in 2011. It's a stop-gap, a 1 PPV and done feud until his next long term rival comes along, most likely in the form of the mighty bearded wonder that is Daniel Bryan.

You are such a delusional mark. u enjoyed mark henry in 2006? lol he didnt do shit in 2006. he had shit matches and shit promos. it wasnt until 2011 that he started to get better, and i enjoyed his WHC run. lol u think this match will be good lol? are u fucking serious lol? hahaha i bet this will be a 5 star match! naww i was being sarcastic. i actually think their styles dont clash together. it wil be john cena getting beat up, then he makes a comeback. mark henry is so slow in the ring and john cena cannot carry bigger men in matches, it just doesnt go well. and the result is so fucking obvious.. john cena will win. it will be a typical overcoming the odds bullshit, same thing that we seen for 7 years. john cena beat so many monsters like mark henry, including big show, khali, lord tensai, brock lesnar, etc! its just the same thing. this is why i hate john cena feuding with big "unstoppable" monsters. it the same shit man. "overcoming the odds".

IN ADDITIOn, i know i am a bit late about this. but what the fuck was the point of mark henry and ryback's wrestlemania match? so ryback lost, then he got to challenge john cena? why didnt they have ryback WIN and then challenge cena. or why didnt they have mark henry challenge cena at extreme rules instead of right now?? LOL LOGIC FAILURE!!!!! makes no sense at all. no body can justify it, u have to agree with me unless u are a fucking troll. what is the point of this stupid creative decision?

In addition man, remember MITB 2012? john cena's mitb main evented over cm punk and daniel bryan's wwe championship match. horrible decision.. do they not want to create hype for the MITB peson to cash it in???? Omg, i swear they should have make cm punk main event instead of john cena stupid MITB match.. it will make HYPE for cash in..

THIS YEAR, WILL JOHN CENA RETURN THE FAVOR? OR IS HE TOO SELFISH? WILL HE TAKE A BACK SEAT TO THE VERY INTERESTING STAR POWER RAW MITB MATCH? OR WILL HE BE SELFISH AND MAIN EVENT OVER IT???? HUHHHH??? SO SELFISH JOHN CENA.. NOBODY CARE ABOUT YOUR FUCKING TITLE MATCH BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW U ARE GOING TO WIN. ALSO WWE DID NOT MAKE MARK HENRY CREDIBLE ENOUGH, HE LOSE TO SHEAMUS, HE NEED A BIG WIN IN ORDER TO GET INTEREST. MORE PEOPLE WANT THE MITB RAW TITLE MATCH INSTEAD. ITS FUCKING HAVE 10X MORE STAR POWER! fucking star power man.

Reactions: TLC
I know its not going to happen but I'd really like to see Henry win this one. Not just for that AMAZING promo he done but just for the fact he DESERVES this. He's been wrestling with WWE since the 90's this could be his last chance. I know if he does get it, the reign won't be for long but still, better than not holding the WWE Championship at all.

However, thats just my opinion. I, like everyone else can see Cena winning this, and yes setting up for the Cena - Bryan feud which I'm most looking forward to for Bryans sake because its his time.

Henry deserves a lot more though, that's for sure.

I know its not going to happen but I'd really like to see Henry win this one. Not just for that AMAZING promo he done but just for the fact he DESERVES this. He's been wrestling with WWE since the 90's this could be his last chance. I know if he does get it, the reign won't be for long but still, better than not holding the WWE Championship at all.

However, thats just my opinion. I, like everyone else can see Cena winning this, and yes setting up for the Cena - Bryan feud which I'm most looking forward to for Bryans sake because its his time.

Henry deserves a lot more though, that's for sure.

u think wwe gives a shit about if he deserves it or not? u tink theyre letting an old man take the title off of their golden boy john cena? no chancei n fucking hell man. they love to kiss cena's ass and feed every single fucking person to him. they turn ryback heel, then feed him to cena. they turn the entire roster and feed him to fucking john cena. thats what they do because of hash tag #logic.

It's a one pay-per-view program and at least Henry's challenging for the title rather than Ryback when you consider that Henry won that bout at Mania was then tossed aside and fed to Sheamus while Ryback turned and went on to fill time as Cena's challenger for two PPVs. So why we need another time filler for Cena is beyond me but at least with the faux retirement they've made it more interesting then Henry just attempting to put Cena in the Hall of Pain.

All that being said it's still very predictable than Cena beats Henry in yet another title defense before being put into a program with somebody else at SummerSlam. I cannot see this thing continuing after Henry loses. Him challenging for title is a one shot deal to buffer as title contender between now and SummerSlam that is all.

Anyone who thinks the actual match quality will be very good either thinks these two will simply exceed expectations or have no standards whatsoever. The storytelling will be the most interesting aspect of this match but how much of a "Henry is a serious threat" story can you try to sell when the obvious and opposite conclusion is so forgone?

I have to add this to the discussion. I have read a lot of feedback about this feud and so many people think Henry can/will win the title, and no one had even mentioned the fact that Henry would be the first black WWE Champion. I know Rock is half black but when I look at him Samoan and most people say that there has never been a black champ. I think that it would be a huge honor for him but I love the fact that race isn't even mentioned in all I have read.

Cant see their being any surprises here to be honest and Cena will more than likely pick up the clean win. Only other thing i can think off is something involving the money in the bank winner, maybe kick starting the Cena Bryan feud.

It sees to me that the way to get a shot against Cena is to attack him, rather then earn it. First Ryback, and now, Mark Henry.

For a moment, I was had. For 75% of his promo, I figured it a work, right up until the moment Henry mentioned his wife and kids. Even with John Cena conspiciously near-by, at that point, I thought they were giving Henry a nice show of respect by having the 13-time champion raise Henry's hand for the last time. As Cena later mentioned, Edge, Ric Flair, and HBK have all done retirement speeches on Raw, so Mark Henry was, at least, plausible in doing so.

The idea here is simple: How do you protect Mark Henry going forward and keep John Cena champion? The last time they ran with Henry vs. Cena, it was before said attack by Ryback, and he was to earn a shot at the title. He lost, by countout, so I can't see them going to that finish once again. At the same time, I can't see them putting the belt on Henry here either. He's been built up nicely through his faux retirement promo to the vignette on him as World's Strongest Man and all, and his two promos as well have reinforced that he's a strong character. Further, the John Cena character has done a nice job of showing actual fear of Henry, demonstrated best by his backing off as Henry faced him down come Raw's end.

The idea being pushed of the WWE Title as the only one to elude Mark Henry is a nice one, but it's also a fallacy. He's never won IC, US, or Tag Team Gold, but I guess they're simply referring to the major titles. By using that logic, I could see Henry winning the title, only to be cashed in on by the winner of the "All-Stars" Money In the Bank Ladder Match. Still, that remains a long-shot to me, as I believe this is the closest Henry will get to the WWE Title.

The set-up here has been nice, as other then Henry's 'retirement' speech, the contact between the two has been minimal, physically and otherwise. The match was set-up nicely there, we know what these two can do, so all they really need is a go-home show promo between the two to hammer home the match.

Ultimately, however, I think this match goes to John Cena. Henry's suffered losses before, so it's not irrational to think he can bounce back from it. With the story being told that this is "John Cena's year", him dropping the title to Henry ends that abruptly, and I'm not sure they've done enough to build to that end. This should be an absolute war, however, and I expect, one of the best matches of Mark Henry's career.

John Cena retains here.

WWE - please don't insult our intelligence.

it seems to me that the wwe is going to go with the "can he lift him?" angle.. this is utter bullshit because we have seen cena lift guys like henry pretty easily.. hes done it to big show, umaga, great khali, henry numerous times, and many more..

don't insult our intelligence wwe, u think we can't remember things from a few months or a few years ago? what the fuck is wrong with u?

this is bullshit. the same old bullshit we have been dealing with. john cna's stupid character about overcoming the odds.. they wil use this as a storyline during the match, and cena will finally lift henry up and win. then the commentators will hype the fuck out of cena carrying henry, like we've never seen that before, right? what the fuck ma. this is the same old shit as 2005. what the fuck? come up with a real storyline

I think this has been the best built WWE title feud since Punk and Jericho last year, both guys have delivered on the mic and the career video package they've ran on Henry is superb.

However as much as I've enjoyed Henry's work I don't see him winning the title here and I don't want him to, I want Cena to retain and face Bryan at Summerlsam even if it ends up with a Cena beating Bryan, I want those two to face each other one on one in the main event a the 2nd biggest PPV of the year and the "Event of the Summer!", no gimmicks and no multi-man matches.

The interesting thing will be to see if this goes on last as the focus of WWE over the last few weeks has been the All-star MITB match and I think it will be the match that the Philly crowd are most anticipating. We know they'll boo the hell out of Cena but Henry isn't really a smark darling either so I'm not sure how they'll respond to him.

I am usually in favour of the WWE title match being last and I know the argument is that by going last it leaves the possibility of the Raw MITB match winner cashing in that same night, but on this occasion I think the match will benefit from going on before.

_TEMPLATE_EP_LIGHT_MITB_matches_cena-henry_C-hompepage%202.jpg

Normally I struggle to find any interest in a Mark Henry match. That isn't quite the case here. WWE have done a rather good job of making him look like a legitimate threat to Cena's WWE Championship. With that being said, I really doubt that Mark Henry will be winning. This has been done countless times before. A heel gets built up as a monster to make you think they will defeat the top face, only for the face to overcome the odds and leave with the championship. It's been done and while it's predictable, it works. I expect a great video package before the match and for it to go on last on the card. The only other match that could possibly go on last if this doesn't is the red briefcase's Money In the Bank match, which I see going on third to last instead with this closing. It should be ok given that it's yet another Cena VS monster heel match. No red briefcase cash-in. John Cena will close the show still WWE Champion.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
John Cena retains the WWE Championship.
No red briefcase cash-in.

Big time oppurtunity for a red breifcase. ESPECIALLY if they are hell bent on turning Dan Bryan heel. It does this (well...sort of....he may actually become MORE over...) and sets up the feud for the match at Summerslam perfectly. Not to mention, the Philly crowd willl SHIT for that particular cash-in, and there is more than enough oppurtunity for a Angry Mark Henry post-match destruction.

Plenty of potential for a solid match between the bells too, both guys are at the top of the list for their particular styles

A match taht I'm really looking forward, the build up has been very good, but I have my doubts about the actual match, it could be very good (I hope to, it needs to live to it's potential) or it could be a mediocre match.

Either way, I really doubt Henry is going to finally win the big one with Bryan being too damn over right now to not take advantage of it and have him face Cena at Summerslam, there is absolutely no reason for Henry to win, unless he wins the match and immediately the winner of the red Mitb briefcase (let's hope it's Bryan) cashs in and wins. But that would suck honestly. Cena wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back