WWE Vengeance 2011 - World Heavyweight Championship - Mark Henry (c) vs. The Big Show

I personally like how they've built this up. Henry has been unstoppable for months now and it makes sense that Show should be the one to have the momentum going into their match tonight. In terms of sheer physical size & strength, Big Show is the only guy on the roster that actually looks like he could physically overpower Henry. Of course that's not how it actually is in real life, but perception plays a big role in wrestling. Show is someone that looks like he can hang & go toe to toe with Henry and playing up that fact makes all the sense in the world.

With Show going into Vengeance tonight with all the momentum, booking 101 would suggest that Henry retains the title tonight and retains it with a clear victory. I enjoyed their match at MITB and this should be just a solid, hard hitting big man match with some impressive displays of strength from both guys. If WWE decides to take the title off Henry, then Vince needs to be taken out in an alley somewhere by someone and have a couple of slugs put into the back of his head. Right now, Mark Henry is money and he's doing a great job in the role he has. Taking the title off Henry right now is as brain dead as using your head as a battering ram on a locked door when you've got the key in your pocket.

As much as I would love to see Big Show win here after all the time off, and see him come back and get revenge on Henry for the injury I really don't see it happening. I think the build has been great and after the promo that Show delivered the night of his return I think the dude warrented his winning the title soley based on that. But also this is the first time that I have considered Show a legitimate threat to a World Title in quite some time and I do think it would be the best time for him to win it. However Mark Henry is still doing a hell of a job as world champion, I see him getting his ass kicked but in the end pulling off the victory and retaining his title.
Gunslinger's Prediction
Mark Henry Retains

Ill put this as simply as possible. Henry retains here, but not clean. This is the typical route they go every year for Show as a babyface challenger, as evidenced by his PPV match with Swagger at Over The Limit last year. Swagger couldn't beat him. so he got DQ'd.

I realize Henry is being built as a monster champion. So a clean win would be nice, right? I certainly think so. It wasn't long ago at MITB that Henry defeated Show clean, but that was when Henry was being pushed into the main event. Show wasn't being positioned as a threat whatsoever.

But what has happened since Show returned? He's been positioned as a bigger threat, honestly, then Henry. It would almost make no sense for him to go over clean with the actions of the following weeks. Henry has been put through an announce table by Show, and knocked out as Smackdown ended. This begs an incredible question. WHy the hell doesn't Show just knock out every opponent right away instead of trying other offense? Anyway, they've been positioning Show as more dominant then Henry, so don't expect a clean win.

I like the big man match. Id much rather see a big man maatch with Henry then a match with he and a smaller guy. He and Show had a really good match at MITB, and Im hoping for the same here. Its too early in Henry's title reign(even for WWE) to take the strap off of Henry, but they won't have Show lose clean after how he's been positioned since his return. So Henry retains the title, either by walking out, getting DQ'd, or attempting to walk out and being chased by Big Show, only to beat Show back to the ring. SHow is made to continue to look strong, but Henry retains.

LSN Prediction: Mark Henry will retain the title against Big Show.

That was a great match, but I hate the finish. Are we just supposed to forget about Show Lesnar?

No, because King even mentioned that this happened once before with Lesnar.

The match was much better than I expected. I definitely was not expecting that ending. I'm not usually a big fan of double DQs but that was done really well. Henry sold that REALLY well too so I hope he's not actually injured but I don't think they would've let him walk back if he was actually injured.

Henry is actually really good at selling. This man is much, much better than most people used to give him credit for.
His gimmick does have some truth to it, in the end - he's proving wrong a lot of people that thought he wasn't good.

Fantastic match.

I thought it was a great match, much better than I was expecting to be honest. Both wrestlers are now interesting, their feud is interesting and they delivered a hard hitting match with both of them showing some serious power.

As for the ending with the ring collapsing, who gives a shit that they did the same thing with Brock Lesnar years and years ago? It was a great spot that gave both guys a legit way out. WWE wants to continue this feud, can't blame them, and this is a way to do it without either guy looking weak. Sorry, I just don't really see anything to complain about here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back