WWE Merchandise in Public

I live in UK (London) and during the Attitude era I gladly wore my Austin 3:16 and Y2J T-shirts. I never saw anyone else on road wearing a WWE t-shirt except for one guy in an Austin 3:16 T-shirt, and nearly pissed myself with pride.

I'm thinking maybe I should get the grey CM Punk T-shirt. A cool T-shirt is a cool T-shirt at the end of the day

Wish I was from a place like you, Im from Birmingham, England. if i wore a WWE T shirt in public I would probably get stabbed.
(Little extreme, Maybe smacked up a little).

57984637796478892663040.jpg

Thats funny, I was up Brum on monday (caught metro from Bilston) with my wife sorting out her passport & a little shopping and no-one minded I was wearing my Wrestlemania top, got a few strange looks but that was it.

Although the first time I went up Wolverhampton with it on, I went into CEX to get some XBox pad batteries, and these 3 dudes queueing up to pay gave me a dirty look as if to say "Yeah right, AS IF YOU WENT TO WRESTLEMANIA"

I love that top, ive worn it to go shopping up Bilston, Wolverhampton & Birmingham.

I wear my wrestling tops with pride everytime I go out, especially my DX black "Suck It" shirt, have had many ppl come up to me and do the DX crotch chop many a times, but at work I do get ridiculed to the fact I love wrestling, and one chap at work keeps saying "Welll, its the big show" everytime he sees me.

I dont mind the WWE tags on my new tops, in fact im gonna sport my Apocalyptic Warrior Undertaker shirt when I goto Giffard Arms (Rock/Metal pub) in Wolverhampton on Friday night.

I say Fuck everyone else, wear ya wrestling merch with pride, if they dont like it, thats their fucking problem.

I'm not scared to show my pride of WWE by wearing the shirts like someone else said if you like the product you sholdn't be ashamed to wear it. I wear mine with confidence and haven't heard anyone say sh#t to me.

I have no problem wearing my cm punk shirt in public its just a shirt people are not gonna criticize u for wearing a wwe t shirt

Don't have a problem with wearing my wrestling shirts in public, never did. WWE logo or no WWE logo, I wear them, and I wear them proudly. Of course, a few people make fun me. "OH MY GOD YOU STILL WATCH WRESTLING? DON'T YOU KNOW IT'S FAKE?? HOW OLD ARE YOU!?!?!" Yeah, I get this reaction sometimes, but I just stopped caring after a while. I'm a proud wrestling fan, and nobody's going to change that.

Besides, WWE makes some damn good shirts. Good material, and the designs are just fucking awesome. I routinely wear these shirts to work:

[

What kind of place do you work at that lets you wear a wrestling shirt? If you came to an interview with a wrestling shirt on or a sports jersey I would tell you to leave instantly.

My opinion on reading everyones post on this thread is this:
The people who seem to have no problem and go out wearing the shirts let the WWE define them and clearly don't care about public perception. And no its not bad to care what the public thinks because more often then not, you are going to need people in this world to help you with certain things.

I myself was the biggest wrestling fan since I was born till age say 15. Then I started growing out of it and started getting all about parties and girls and a lot of other different things. I was also a sports fanatic in every sport but the WWE just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I recently got back into wrestling because I liked some of the wrestlers and it was something to watch.
I enjoy some TV shows, (How I Met Your Mother) (Entourage) (True Blood). However I don't own a single shirt of theirs. The only reason I would own a WWE shirt is if I like the shirt. Like I stated previously I would love to buy the Dolph Ziggler shirt but the Logo ruins it for me. The difference between me and the majority of the people who wear the shirts is, it seems they make WWE their life. Wearing a WWE shirt to work, or even a Football Jersey, is unprofessional to me unless you work at a sports store.

For the people who say well if you would't wear a shirt then you shouldn't be watching wrestling and are not a true fan, thats just an asinine statement. Being a true fan has nothing to do with wearing merchandise. I like to dress good and look my best. I like the Dolph shirt because I think its funny. However I'm not gonna define my life on wrestling. I enjoy watching wrestling and I enjoy debating it, however that is not my life. I may buy it when I go to The Night Of Champions (where wrestling shirts should be worn) but I will no add it into my every day wardrobe. And that does not make me less of a fan because of it.

Personally I've grown up not really caring what other people think and it usually serves me well. I still brag about being a huge wrestling fan and none of my friends really care, most of them used to be casual fans themselves. So me wearing the occasional WWE shirt seems to fit me. It's not the first thing I mention to someone when I meet them, though, either. Nor do I mention that I'm a big Green Bay Packers fan or Atlanta Hawks fan. I have several WWE shirts and I almost always get compliments on them (especially my old-school shirts like Triple H and Bret Hart), I think from people who are probably too embarrassed themselves to wear one. Just the other night I was out at a bar and the bouncer at the door was staring at my C.M. Punk shirt. He had this look of excitement on his face which was hilarious because, well, he's a bouncer, and probably isn't supposed to smile. As I was walking in the door he said, "It's clobbering time!" Of course my argument would probably be deemed invalid because it was a bouncer at a bar, but none the less. Then again, I was at a bar, not a job interview or work or a wedding or something. I've never had any one come up to me when I'm wearing a WWE shirt and them say any thing negative, probably because I'm 26 and most people my age have more important things to do than to criticize someone for wearing a wrestling t-shirt. I don't see it as any different than wearing a shirt of your favorite sports team. I do have to agree with the OP on the fact that I would rather the shirts not have the WWE logo on them, but it doesn't stop me from buying the ones that I like. Besides, me buying a Daniel Bryan shirt (hopefully) helps them decide if he's still getting over.

I haven't gotten shit for watching wrestling or wearing wrestling shirts since the attitude era. I really don't get why people seem to think there is this stigma around letting people know you're a wrestling fan, I tend to think it's something that's just in heads & something you're just making into a issue. I'm 31 yrs. old, I wear wrestling shirts, I wear shirts with comic book characters on them, & nobody ever gives me any shit about it, in fact most people don't really say anything period, occasionally someone will complement my shirt but that's about it. Wrestling fans, & fans of pretty much anything just need to stop being *****es when it comes to wearing shirts supporting the things they love.
This.

I could do without the WWE logo, but I don't think anyone has ever noticed it on any of the shirts I own.

I don't understand why wrestling fans are so self loathing. People won't judge you as much as you think, as long as the shirt looks cool, it's fine. It's one thing to not wear the kiddy-looking Cena shirts out, but if you get insecure wearing something like Orton's or Punk's, you need to either stop over thinking it or just grow a set.

What kind of place do you work at that lets you wear a wrestling shirt? If you came to an interview with a wrestling shirt on or a sports jersey I would tell you to leave instantly.

Can you point out the part in my original post, where I mentioned wearing a wrestling shirt to my job interview? Oh, right. You can't, because I never did.

I work out at home improvement warehouse, and as long as the shirts don't feature any profanity (main reason why I can't wear my Boots 2 Asses shirt to work :suspic:), obscenities, or prejudice and racial remarks, then management has no problem with my wrestling shirts.

As I said before, I have no problem with wearing my wrestling shirts in public. But of course, I know how to dress during certain occasions. I'm not going to wear gym shorts and a wrestling shirt (my usual attire on a daily basis) to a wedding or a job interview. But when I don't have to worry about special or formal occasions, I wear my WWE shirts in public, wherever I go, and I don't let the strange looks of non-wrestling fans bother me, at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back