WWE Merchandise in Public

I wouldn't mind if people knew it was a WWE shirt, but just the fact of how they have the logo stitched on there is kinda tacky. Most of the shirts I own don't have logos anywhere on them, I just don't think it looks good no matter what brand it is. If they do want to keep the logos on the shirt however, they used to put a small logo on the back by the collar of the shirt. That didn't look bad, either that or just leave the logo on the inside where the tag would be

Great thread!

Crazy because I was just thinking this with the Dolph Ziggler shirt.
A shirt that if it wasnt produced by the WWE, would probably be a very popular shirt in general!

hi guys this is my first post even though i have been a reader of this forum for a while now,

This is something i have thought alot about over the years and i have to agree that its the "wwe logo" that stops me buying the shirts, i am 25 years old and been a fan for about 15 years, where im from in the UK people dont openly admit to watching the product especially when your 25!! there have been many shirts i would have loved to own over the last few years but the logo stops me the most recent 1 is the ziggler one.

i am going to show in cardiff (wales) in november, while there i will probably buy my shirt or 2 just for a memory standpoint, but will ever wear them in public? probs not which is a shame. don't think they should ditch the logo entirely but just maybe a small one on the collar or just on the inside tag would be much better, sales would massively improve i think.

I haven't gotten shit for watching wrestling or wearing wrestling shirts since the attitude era. I really don't get why people seem to think there is this stigma around letting people know you're a wrestling fan, I tend to think it's something that's just in heads & something you're just making into a issue. I'm 31 yrs. old, I wear wrestling shirts, I wear shirts with comic book characters on them, & nobody ever gives me any shit about it, in fact most people don't really say anything period, occasionally someone will complement my shirt but that's about it. Wrestling fans, & fans of pretty much anything just need to stop being *****es when it comes to wearing shirts supporting the things they love.

Am also from England and during the Attitude Era i went to Blackpool. I was probably about 20-25years old back then. We were there on a friends Stag Party. During the day it was pretty hot and i was getting sun burnt on the head. I thought to myself i should buy a cap (to protect my head from the blazing sun) I went into a Shop and noticed a cap with The Bramha Bull on the front. It wasn't Official WWE Merc as it only had the bull on the front and nothing else. It was a cool looking cap though.

I wore the cap the whole day. Three of my friends who i was with said "Seriously you arn't going to wear that are you?" i said "Damn right i am" My friends (who were about the same as age as me, early 20s) didn't really think it was right for a young adult to wear WWE related stuff out in a busy tourist place like Blackpool.

Although my friends didn't agree, people i didn't know had a different opinion. I was getting "look The Rock" as strangers pointed at my hat, with smiles on thier faces.

I Understand The Rock was a huge name back then and a lot of people recognised the Hat even without the W logo on it. Yeah i think they should design some Merc nowadays without showing the logo and i think it would still sell as good if not better. Perhaps just have a tiny logo just to show it is official WWE products.

I don't see a lot of wrestling products out in public unless it's something small like a hat. Once in a while i'll see a shirt. I agree and disagree at the same time. I do think if depending where you're at you can become a target so to speak of ridicule but i think it's more of who you are. I have seen people that just look like the stereotype wrestling fan and get made fun of. But I wear a lot of wrestling shirts and never get any weird looks. I think your idea has potential but i don't think it should be done with every single shirt. Brock Lesnar's and Triple H's new shirts are pretty cool in my opinion.

Side note: I was riding a bus one day and i look out the window to see a grown man wearing a FULL John Cena outfit. Hat, Shirt, Wristbands, etc. And this was back when he was wearing Orange. I'll admit i laughed my ass off.

I live in New Zealand, have a few wrestling shirts and happily wear them out whenever I want to. I don't really give a fuck what people think about what I'm wearing, I'll wear whatever I'm comfortable in.

I've also had a few random people on the streets give me compliments when I've had my white CM Punk shirt on :D I've also had a bunch of people ask where I got my NWO one.

I think we all in an agreement that WWE needs face lift in there logo with the '' E '' in it not just WW that looks stupid on anything they put out T- Shirts DVDS whatever The last WWE Shirt I bought was at Wal Mart and it was a DX T-shirt.

I have to go back to what Pro Wrestling Fan said fans are ashamed of admitting that they are fans and I have to agree with him on that this pg WWE is way more different then the PG WWF Hogan era they did not have a stupid looking logo nor did they have stupid saying on the back of T- Shirts unlike today's pg WWE Woo Woo Woo You Know It ? what hell type of catchphrase is that '' The Show Off '' that's another stupid catchphrase I think the best 3 catchphrases ever in wrestling were

Randy Savage '' Ohhh Yeah Dig It ''

Bret Hart '' The best there is The best there and The best there ever will be ''

Ric Flair '' To be the man, you have to beat the man ''

Those were great catchphrases.

This thread is the proof that many fans nowadays are ashamed to admit that they are wrestling fans.

Reason : PG and John Cena. WWE Product has been childish since 2009.

Ok, seriously, do you ever think before you fucking type, like, anything?

Who the flying fuck are these "many fans"? You mean the OP who isn't even from The United States(not trying to insult). This is about people being afraid to wear a t-shirt with a fucking logo on it because they might be judged by idiots that never watch it or used to watch it and are stupid enough to think a rating such as PG means they're too old for it. Also, where was John Cena EVER mentioned in that part of the discussion. All I've heard is someone say they saw someone in full Cena gear and thought it was funny. WHO CARES? Hell, I've done it with his Rise Above Hate gear, and I'm fucking proud of it. So I suppose you think I'm a childish PG fan too, which I probably am, eventhough I'm way smarter than you

As for WWE being childish since 2009, give me a fucking break. Before there was Santino Marella or John Cena, there were Shawn Michaels and Triple H dropping shit on two millionares and 5 jobbers. Before that, there was Spike Dudley taking Christian and Y2J's towels away in front of a live audience. Before that, there was Benoit shoving Angle's gold medals down his pants, to Big Show coming out doing his best Hulk Hogan impression on PPV, to Crash Holly getting chased around a theme park in to a ballpit by two guys trying to win The Hardcore Title. WWF/E has ALWAYS been childish. Get the fuck over it and try to have some fucking fun.

I never cared about WWE Shirts or Merchandise. Im fine with watching and buying the Pay Per Views but in my opinion the WWE shirts are pretty ugly and I would never buy them much less wear them. Now I do like Tattooes with WWE Symbolism or characters. Ive only seen little children wear anythhng WWE related in my town. So I'll let them enjoy such things

I'm not ashamed because I don't give a shit. If I like the shirt, I'll wear it. Then again I'm a lot older and usually you learn not to care what other people think. Many younger people feel embarrassed and all that crap for fear of caring what others think. Which is understandable. Being a teen for example. Not me. People wear those Tap Out shirts and I think it's stupid, but I don't judge. Like what you like, it's your life, not theirs. And if people really have to voice their displeasure, I tell them to grow up. Why they care what I wear or do in my life is asinine.

I actually wore my CM Punk best in the world shirt out all day yesterday at a beer garden! Its cool when you get a random shout off a guy, 'yeaahh CM Punk'.

Would you, the IWC. Be more inclined to wear WWE products if they did not have the logo on them?

In a word: no. But that is more a general thing of mine. I'm not big on wearing messages on my shirt of any sort. I rarely ever do it.

If I did, then yes, the WWE Logo on the bottom would bother me. I remember Edge had a really cool shirt once (this is it, but there was also a grey version that looked even cooler) that I might have considered getting if it wasn't for the logo.

I do, however, like it when I see people wearing WWE stuff in everyday life, which, believe me, is a rare thing in Germany. Once I saw a guy wearing an HBK shirt at a soccer game, which I suppose he chose to wear because the shirt primarily used black and red colors (the team's color's as well).

And then, only recently, I walked by a guy on the street wearing a Tatanka shirt. B: A Tatanka shirt in 2012. I thought it was awesome.

If you like it, wear it. You may even make wrestling fan friends that wouldn't have known you were into the same thing they are. I guess because I go to indy shows and WWE live events I'm used to seeing people of all ages wearing WWE or wrestling gear. I'm proud to wear wrestling shirts often, it's one of my favorite forms of entertainment and I honestly don't care what others think.

Funny wrestling shirt story...last fall when I ordered my Miz "Awseome, you are not" shirt, I was in the grocery store with it on and an old man on one of those little scooters rode up to my laughing and said, "man you gotta be tough to wear that shirt!" I thought that was hilarious.

Most comments I get on my shirts comes from other wrestling fans. Non fans don't seem to understand or care...

I don't see the big deal wearing a WWE shirt out in public. I've seen it a few times and I even told someone I approved of their shirt (CM Punk Ice cream bar)

I'm not even knocking Cena but if I seen an adult wearing that in public, I'd look at them kind of funny because the designs and colors are very animated and childish (but it makes sense since it's targeted to kids) Other shirts for other wrestlers aren't bad cuz they are more subtle.

Don't have a problem with wearing my wrestling shirts in public, never did. WWE logo or no WWE logo, I wear them, and I wear them proudly. Of course, a few people make fun me. "OH MY GOD YOU STILL WATCH WRESTLING? DON'T YOU KNOW IT'S FAKE?? HOW OLD ARE YOU!?!?!" Yeah, I get this reaction sometimes, but I just stopped caring after a while. I'm a proud wrestling fan, and nobody's going to change that.

Besides, WWE makes some damn good shirts. Good material, and the designs are just fucking awesome. I routinely wear these shirts to work:

image_32500.jpg

31424X.jpg

And I've actually received a few compliments on them. Only shirts I won't wear a light colors. Things tend to get messy at my job, light colors get dirty fast, and I don't want to ruin or damage any shirts. But when I'm not I'm work, I randomly pick out any type of shirt.

I also don't understand this "I can't wear my shirt in public, or I can only wear my shirts at wrestling shows" stuff. So if you're sports fan, you can only wear the gear of you favorite teams to games? That doesn't make sense. I'm a Dolphins fan, and I don't just wear my Dolphins shirts or jerseys to games. I wear them anywhere I go, and the same thing goes for wrestling shirts.

Within the next few years I will be opening a retail store that will most have wrestling merchandise. Of thelogistic work I hav done on this matter wrestling is still somewhat popular. definetly more popular than it was in the 80's. Wrestling is still mainstream coming out of the Attitude Era. Any fan that is afraid of wearing this merchandise shouldn't be a fan to begin with. The argument of age and maturity from non-wrestling fans just proves those people are plainly ignorant seeing they probably watched wrestling during the MNW. Fans of any age don't be ashamed. WWE should get rid of the WWE logo on their apparel. come up with logos for individual talent brands for guys like Cena,Punk, and HHH!

I wear WWE merchandise proudly, as any fan should. If you really like something then who cares what others think? Several of John Cena's shirts are part of my collection and I even dressed up as him for Halloween a couple of years ago at an event for my college. I had his Attitude Adjustment shirt, a pair of jean shorts, buzzed my hair, and a WWE Championship replica. Granted a few rude people told me wrestling is stupid but I got a lot of positive feedback too and it was a lot of fun.

The same thing happens if I wear those shirts in public on regular days. There's always going to be a mixed reaction. I always tell other fans wearing merchandise "cool shirt!" or something, it makes my day if someone does it to me and it always makes them smile too. I saw a guy in a CM Punk shirt just a week ago at WalMart and he ended up stopping to talk to me for a few minutes about Johnny VS Cena after I told him he had a cool shirt. I also told him to come check our forums out.

There's rude people out there who will tell you it's stupid but for every one of them you have to deal with, there's others who are fans too that think the merchandise is cool. It's something we as fans have in common, thus a way to make a new friend. As for the logo, it does not matter. A shirt is a shirt and having a little W on it should not make a difference in whether you will wear it or not because it's just a shirt. If you're a fan and proud of it, wear the shirt. I will never be afraid to wear my Cena shirts and neither should any of you.

Logo or no logo I think that the way you dress is an essential representation of who you are. I wouldnt wear a TV show shirt, regardless of whether its WWE's or not, because it gives the impression that I'm incredibly proud and attached to that show. Its like when you see someone with a Star Wars shirt and you think "wow, geek". Or a superhero shirt on an older dude, "creepy". When I meet people, WWE is not the first impression I want to give.

Retro is in, so people wearing a shirt bearing nothing but the old Batman logo or Superman logo is kind of what people do these days....I could see wearing a simple one color t-shirt with the old, shiny WWF logo front center (not WWE)

I wear WWE merchandise proudly, as any fan should. If you really like something then who cares what others think? Several of John Cena's shirts are part of my collection and I even dressed up as him for Halloween a couple of years ago at an event for my college. I had his Attitude Adjustment shirt, a pair of jean shorts, buzzed my hair, and a WWE Championship replica. Granted a few rude people told me wrestling is stupid but I got a lot of positive feedback too and it was a lot of fun.

The same thing happens if I wear those shirts in public on regular days. There's always going to be a mixed reaction. I always tell other fans wearing merchandise "cool shirt!" or something, it makes my day if someone does it to me and it always makes them smile too. I saw a guy in a CM Punk shirt just a week ago at WalMart and he ended up stopping to talk to me for a few minutes about Johnny VS Cena after I told him he had a cool shirt. I also told him to come check our forums out.

There's rude people out there who will tell you it's stupid but for every one of them you have to deal with, there's others who are fans too that think the merchandise is cool. It's something we as fans have in common, thus a way to make a new friend. As for the logo, it does not matter. A shirt is a shirt and having a little W on it should not make a difference in whether you will wear it or not because it's just a shirt. If you're a fan and proud of it, wear the shirt. I will never be afraid to wear my Cena shirts and neither should any of you.

I think you and I have the exact same take on this subject....great post!

If you are a fan of something, what is wrong with wearing a shirt with something about it on it, regardless of what it is. I have several WWE shirts, as I said before, and I am not one bit ashamed to wear them. Of course, like anything, it depends on the occasion a bit, I don't wear them out on a "date" with my wife or to my job (I am a Social Worker) or to Church, but I also wouldn't wear any of my sports memorabilia in those situations, nothing to do with wrestling. Any occasion that is appropriate for a t-shirt and shorts, I have no problem wearing a WWE shirt...

I was 17 and 18 during the Austin explosion, and that is the only time in my life where I actually saw people wear wrestling shirts. I am from a small town in PA, and since I moved to Pittsburgh about 7 years ago I don't think I have seen one. Austin 3:16, DX suck it, and nWo were the ones that I saw most of course during that time period. I used to wear the bright yellow Edge and Christian totally reeking of awesomeness shirt, and I either got laughed at or a that's a funny shirt comment. I own a DX worlds largest member shirt that I have worn to a few live events, and I have a Punk best in the world shirt that I haven't worn at all. Punk's shirt is really cool to, and if it didn't have the big logo I would wear it. So yes I think if they weren't so hell bent on pasting the logo on everything I would be more likely to wear it.

Being from Glasgow, Scotland (a place where if you like wrestling over the age of say eight years old, to most people you're a social pariah) I have recently noticed an increase in people wearing WWE merchandise.

Just a few days ago I was waiting for a bus with my sister and a guy walked past with a CM Punk Best In the World shirt on. She turned and said to me "oh that's a cool t-shirt, where have I seen that before?" to which I replied "It's a wrestler's shirt." She then responded, and I quote "Why would somebody wear a wrestling t-shirt in public, it's quite gay." It's this sort of attitude, I feel, that makes wrestling fans less vocal about their passion for the biz.

I was also playing WWE 12 while logged onto xbox live and a random person whom my friend was playing online with on UFC Undisputed 3, joined our party and said "who's the gay playing a wrestling game," I just laughed and said "It's your opinion mate now take it elsewhere."

I myself own a few WWE produced shirts such as the Edge "Lewd, Crude and Tattooed" shirt, an NWO shirt, a Nexus shirt and the CM Punk Best In The World shirt, however I don't wear them in public due to the big ass ugly WWE logo which is printed on them (I feel it is more toned down now than on earlier shirts).

If I like you enough as a performer I don't give a damn what someone else thinks of me for wearing you're shirt. Especially in the cases of CM Punk Daniel Bryan, and Christian, as the current roster is. I love those three guys and think they are amazing and I am very happy to wear their shirts in public regardless of where I am going and let people know why I enjoy what they do and respect them as performers.

Having the WWE logo on it it's irrelevant to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back