WWE Merchandise in Public

Burrows94

Dark Match Winner
Lets be completely honest, These days if you wear WWE merchandise in public you are bound to be criticized, ridiculed or avoided. Wrestling (WWE in particular) is a social Faux Pas to most people 16+. And most of its older fans are ashamed to wear stuff with the 'W' logo on it. (In the UK thats the case anywhere, Not too sure about across the seas.)

However, WWE produce some very good looking and some humorous shirts that people wouldn't be ashmed to wear had they not have the 'W' logo on it, Some fine examples of these are

Big shows shirt (Cool looking) -http://www.wweshop.com/item/big-show-crossbones-authentic-t-shirt/bigshow/01-16123

and Daniel Bryans shirt (humorous) - http://www.wweshop.com/item/daniel-bryan-yes-authentic-t-shirt/DanielBryan/01-16384

(Maybe not with the ring on the back).

My question is: Would you, the IWC. Be more inclined to wear WWE products if they did not have the logo on them?

Good post.

I totally agree with you. WWE has put out lots of shirts in the past few years that are very cool. However, the big WWE logo really hurts them. How many people would have bought an NWO shirt if it said "Time Warner" on the back in huge letters.

I know some people are going to say this is stupid because "its the WWE, of course there name has to be on it". Nonsense. You don't see band shirts that have Warner Brothers on them besides the band name. You don't see shirts for cool movies that have Universal Pictures on them.

The WWE is constantly trying to get its name in the general public (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube). If they just put out a cool product without plastering their name all over it, a lot more adults would wear their shirts.

Yup, I will admit that, some of the shirts would actually be pretty cool and easy to wear outside if it didn't have a big W logo on the back. I'm not a total closet wrestling fan per se, but at the same time I'm not exactly going to be wearing clothes that share the same logo as a ten year and that aren't made by Nike for instance. During the Attitude Era they had some shirts that were definitely being worn all over even by older people such as the DX Suck it shirts and from WCW the NWO shirt which was pretty basic and didn't have a big logo on it. I still wouldn't wear just any shirt, like I wouldn't wear anything with someone's face on it, but CM Punks best in the world for instance, is a pretty cool shirt that just needs to get rid of the logo or at least make it smaller.

The logo on them really doesn't bother me too much. I have several WWE shirts, the newest being the "Yes" Shirt.

I don't wear wrestling shirts everywhere I go or nothing, but I am not ashamed to were them places other than wrestling events. I go to a lot of Indy Shows, so they get worn there mostly, but I wear them other places too.

I don't know.. I think it depends on where you live and who's shirt you're wearing. I live in Ames, Iowa and I attend Iowa State and I see quite a bit of wrestling shirts. My roommate has a Stone Cold T-Shirt and he gets compliments all the time about it.

I have a couple shirts, and I've worn them in public. Granted, I wouldn't where them out to a bar so something, but I've worn both my Miz shirt with the Awesome name tag and CM Punk Best in the World shirt out to house parties. Actually had a few people ask me where I got the CM Punk shirt since I'm in the Chicago Suburbs.

I have seen some people wearing current wrestling shirts outside of wrestling events although most times it's usually kids. Even without the dumbass WWE logo on them most wrestling shirts in general are usually pretty stupid. They're either childish, too inside jokish, or if they do look decent from the front they always ruin it by putting something stupid on the back. Adding in the big WWE logo makes them look even dumber. The only wrestling t-shirts I can think of that were actually cool were the DX Suck It shirt, The Austin 3:16 shirt or the nWo shirt.

I have been thinking the same thing!! I want to get the Dolph Ziggler "It's not showing off if you back it up shirt" because I have been known as the cocky confident person my whole life and the shirt just fits me. However I don't want to wear a shirt with the WWE logo on it. Wrestling is like a guilty pleasure and a lot of people I know/ girls in particular would look at me different

I was actually thinking the other day about how it would be cool to get a dolph ziggler shirt (It's not showing off if you back it up) but for the WWE sign on it. Nobody I know would have any idea where it came from because nobody likes wrestling but with the WWE sign on it it just looks like some stupid kids merchandise.

I don't know.. I think it depends on where you live and who's shirt you're wearing. I live in Ames, Iowa and I attend Iowa State and I see quite a bit of wrestling shirts. My roommate has a Stone Cold T-Shirt and he gets compliments all the time about it.

You may be right, I live in Northern Ireland and I've only ever seen two people with wrestling shirts, and one of them was like six years old.

I see no harm in wearing WWE t-shirts, or other merchandise. In fact, today they seem to make up most of my wardrobe. As a High School student I always get good and sometimes witty responses regarding anything wrestling because I wear WWE t-shirts so frequently, even from teachers that used to watch. From CM Punk's original BITW to Lesnar's newest shirt to Cena's Rise Above Hate, it always gets me a little attention. People know when they see me that I'm that one guy they could ask what's going on in WWE, whether it involves "that guy John Cena fought on RAW last night" or "hey, is Big Show really a heel now?" As a fan I take great pride in that.

I've only watched wrestling since 2006, and from 2008 until now I still haven't stopped buying the newest WWE merchandise. Whether it be down in Miami for Wrestlemania, or a House Show in New Jersey, if I see a shirt or a hat or a pendant that I like, I'll get it, and there's usually a lot of them. Hell in Miami I was probably one of the only people that weekend that bought a Team Johnny shirt and got a shit ton of attention for wearing it several times over Mania weekend, even to the point of getting a photo with Mark Henry and John Laurinaitis(yes I'm bragging, get over it).

ApN13cOCIAACssO.jpg

There's nothing wrong with getting a little attention, folks.

This holds true on the other side of the pond. I actually had to force myself to wear the CM Punk shirt that I bought. I didn't actually intend to wear it in public, even though I love it. And I had to tell myself that I shouldn't be ashamed to be a wrestling fan, and actually worked my way up to wearing it.

I probably would feel better if there was no WWE logo on it. Because a lot of people wouldn't know about the lower card T-shirts. If you're wearing a Dolph Ziggler T-Shirt a lot of people aren't going to know, so it's not a big deal. But I don't want them to take the logo off. Because I don't want to be ashamed to be a wrestling fan.

I really want to get the yes and broski shirts but as you said the logo ruins it and in scotland I am usally slagged for watching wrestling yet everyone seems to spend 15 pound at wrestlemania then come up to me and ask about it but by the next raw its back to "YOU KNOW IT'S FAKE"

Really? If you're all "embarrassed" to wear your rasslin' shirts in public, then quit buying them. I have some wrestling shirts and yes, I wear them every once in a while. But I'm not embarrassed about it. Mine are older shirts though, so I sort of quit wearing them. Like my DX or nWo shirts. The newest shirt I got was the CM Punk Nexus one, but right after i bought it. The Nexus broke up. I'm bad luck when I buy shirts, things like this always happen. :(

Luckily bands haven't broke up yet, from me buying their stuff. :D

Oh and that Big Show shirt is ugly, I would be embarrassed to wear that one. The only good shirts Big Show has ever had was the one that said BIG SHOW on the front, with an arrow pointing down and the one that said Big Nasty Bastard on it. Wish I would have bought both of those back in the day. :)

Really? If you're all "embarrassed" to wear your rasslin' shirts in public, then quit buying them. I have some wrestling shirts and yes, I wear them every once in a while. But I'm not embarrassed about it. Mine are older shirts though, so I sort of quit wearing them. Like my DX or nWo shirts. The newest shirt I got was the CM Punk Nexus one, but right after i bought it. The Nexus broke up. I'm bad luck when I buy shirts, things like this always happen. :(

Luckily bands haven't broke up yet, from me buying their stuff. :D

Thats why I don't buy them haha. But honestly the WWE would make so much more money on their shirts if they took off the logo.

I have a few wrestling shirts the most recent ones I bought were the "In Punk we trust" and "Best in the World" t-shirts, and I have no problem wearing them whilst out and about, I'm a wrestling and it's nothing to be ashamed about, tons of people watch stuff I wouldn't it'd be boring if we all liked the same thing.

Because where I live in Boston England, not many people are open about watching wrestling, so there aren't many people I've seen with WWE t-shirts, but I have been complimented about the "Best in the World" shirt especially and asked where I got it from etc.

I have a few wrestling shirts the most recent ones I bought were the "In Punk we trust" and "Best in the World" t-shirts, and I have no problem wearing them whilst out and about, I'm a wrestling and it's nothing to be ashamed about, tons of people watch stuff I wouldn't it'd be boring if we all liked the same thing.

Because where I live in Boston England, not many people are open about watching wrestling, so there aren't many people I've seen with WWE t-shirts, but I have been complimented about the "Best in the World" shirt especially and asked where I got it from etc.

Wish I was from a place like you, Im from Birmingham, England. if i wore a WWE T shirt in public I would probably get stabbed.
(Little extreme, Maybe smacked up a little).

I don't blame WWE for their logo being on shirts. Think about it, they'll get their Tees ripped off when they do tours they're just proving the authenticit on their shirts, not some cheap knock off. I wear my Daniel Bryan 'Everyone taps' Tee out and about. I don't really care what anyone says, I like wrestling and i'm not ashamed my self esteem isn't really that low/pathetic. This arguement is more about people not having any balls to wear a shirt.

Uhhhh...so you're a closet wrestling fan?

If I buy a shirt, I like said shirt. I buy wrestling shirts, and thus, I wear them. And people are like, "omg you like that wrestling shit?" And I say, "Yes." Said people probably like some shit that I think is pretty stupid, too.

If you're going to be a fan of something...just freaking like it and be proud of it.

I wear my John Cena outfit about 3 times a month. Complete with jean shorts, wristband and cap (during the sunny days).

I also like to wear my other shirts (the white C.M Punk Best In The World, The Miz's AWESOME one and Brock Lesnar one). I must also admit that, when I wear my Brock Lesnar one, it is almost impossible to walk around without a puffed out chest, walking around like I own the place.

Not that many people actually know what I'm wearing, to be fair so I don't feel all that ashamed or anything. Although I do occasionally get the odd person come up to me in my Cena shirt and say 'Cena Sucks', which is often met with good humour and a smile back

I recently got Punk's new shirt in the mail, the "In Punk We Trust" shirt. The only mention of the logo anywhere, aside from the tag, is on a little piece of easily removed paper thing on the bottom left of the shirt.

Aside from an instance where a little kid tugged on the back of the shirt while I was at the grocery store and told me Punk could never beat up Cena, which was worth a laugh, I have never been ridiculed over any E related merchandise.

My theory is if you like something, but you are twoo afraid of people making fun of you to show your like and support of it in public then you aren't a true fan. Man the fuck up and grow a spine. I wear My Little Pony shirts in public and don't get shit over it. Only once can I ever remember getting shit for any of my superhero shirts. If you are a true fan, why let non fans opinions bother you?

Wish I was from a place like you, Im from Birmingham, England. if i wore a WWE T shirt in public I would probably get stabbed.
(Little extreme, Maybe smacked up a little).

Boston isn't the greatest of places to be "different" but as I said if you're a wrestling fan it isn't anything to ashamed of.

one thing i always liked about TNA shirts is that even though they have a logo/initials on them, they have fun with them. take this one (sorry about the ebay link)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Authentic-TN...0?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&var=&hash=item99ab627af3

yeah, the logo is there but it doesn't dominate the shirt. with the wwe, the logo seems to dominate the shirt, even when it is a superstars shirt, that logo seems to be much larger than it should. i remember Nash saying that the nWo shirt sold so well because it looked cool and the wcw logo was so small, you couldn't really notice it. there are some that I will wear in public (the Rock's Canada Team Bring It shirt for example) but a lot of shirts are just poorly designed and that wwe logo seems to stand out too much on some.

Oh and I'm also trying to say that WWE T shirts are vagina repellents.

Thats the point I was trying to make.. I could care less if guys give me crap about liking wrestling. But If i'm at a bar wearing a wrestling shirt the chances of me getting laid by anything greater than a nickel is very unlikely. However a wise man once said two nickels make a dime anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back