WWE HOF Title

King Patrick Star

K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed
TNA has their Legends Title, that is basically a Mid – Card Title with little more kick to it. It’s a World Title with a little less kick to it. Now, I think the WWE can sort of steal this idea, but change it a bit to make it their own. What I propose is the WWE Hall Of Fame Championship.

The WWE HOF Title can only be competed for and won only by WWE Hall of Famers that still have a little something left in the tank. It’ll be the “Senior Tour” for the WWE. I can see the first match being Ricky Steamboat vs. Tony Atlas, being that they are the latest two HOFers to wrestle.

Imagine the possibilities. The WWE can actually make a decent roster out of willing and able WWE HOFers. What about Flair / Steamboat for the Title?? Can you imagine a Fatal Four Way Elimination Match with Hulk Hogan, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior and WWE HOF Champion, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat for the Title…in 2010??

Something like this could rebuild the bridges burned in the past and finally get someone like Savage, Warrior and even Scott Hall into the, well, Hall. What about Sting, Foley and the M. E. Mob in the near and far future?? Yes it’ll be a slow match, but at least we can get some nostalgia out of it.

Most of the hall of famers now are WAY to old to wrestle, and way too out of shape. Randy Savage cannot wrestle in WWE as he's off the roids now and is too small, and in order to get big again he'd have to go on the roids again.

Although I would love to see Steamboat/Flair 2, it would basically be like going to a retirement home and getting them all to fight eachother. (No offense to the elderly)

I give you a lot of credit for thinking bout it but as was mentioned earlier they are just too old. And I'm sure vince's ego would be just too big to ask them to come back. But it would to be good to see them again in the ring. My question is what show would they be on? Or is this just ppv?

Not to be an ass... but this isn't that great of an idea. In theory it would be cool to have all of these guys, but. There is no way it would happen and be entertaining. The only guy that I know could still put on a solid match out of the four you listed is Steamboat. I hate to say it but there is no way Hogan could put on an entertaining match now days. Same goes with Warrior, and I don't know about Savage.

The only way that They could do this would put it as a belt that is just under world titles. Not a mid-card belt, but not a world title. Something that the big names could come and win, but something that new guys can win as well. I think that would be the only way it would be able to work.

One of the biggest problem's in wwe now. Is that they have 9 different titles. That is already to many. Then to add another one to make it 10 would be ridiculous. The only way they could add a belt like this as I said above would be to merge some of the belts. Which I am a fan of. Move WWE and WHC together. Have the undisputed belt back. They already have moved the tag titles together. You could move the IC AND US titles together, but they are solid right now. Then get rid of the plastic cut out that is the divas championship. That the only way I could see it happening...

I give you a lot of credit for thinking bout it but as was mentioned earlier they are just too old. And I'm sure vince's ego would be just too big to ask them to come back. But it would to be good to see them again in the ring. My question is what show would they be on? Or is this just ppv?

Well, this idea of mine stems from the current Titles being Unified and lower Defunct Titles returning and having Titles only defended on PPVs.

If they were to assign a brand for each Title, then:
Raw : WWE / World / ECW, Women’s / Divas, and this HOF Title
Smackdown : Intercontinental / United States and Tag Team
ECW : European, Hardcore, and Light Heavyweight

I could go for either this format or simply have the Champions go wherever needed at any given time to enlarge the divisions across all three shows, but keep the Brand Split and keep the Non – Champions assigned to a show.

I know the HOFers are too old, but for this Division it could work. It could also be used for future HOFers like the current Stars of today. It’s just an idea.

Not to be an ass... but this isn't that great of an idea. In theory it would be cool to have all of these guys, but. There is no way it would happen and be entertaining. The only guy that I know could still put on a solid match out of the four you listed is Steamboat. I hate to say it but there is no way Hogan could put on an entertaining match now days. Same goes with Warrior, and I don't know about Savage.

The only way that They could do this would put it as a belt that is just under world titles. Not a mid-card belt, but not a world title. Something that the big names could come and win, but something that new guys can win as well. I think that would be the only way it would be able to work.

One of the biggest problem's in wwe now. Is that they have 9 different titles. That is already to many. Then to add another one to make it 10 would be ridiculous. The only way they could add a belt like this as I said above would be to merge some of the belts. Which I am a fan of. Move WWE and WHC together. Have the undisputed belt back. They already have moved the tag titles together. You could move the IC AND US titles together, but they are solid right now. Then get rid of the plastic cut out that is the divas championship. That the only way I could see it happening...

What you are trying to do is exactly what the WWE won’t do, and that is copy the TNA Legends Title exactly as is. You know Vince wouldn’t do that and my idea would make it “seem” like a better idea than the Legends Title. The WWE does have 9 Titles right now, but if you were to break it down, they actually have 4 “Different” Titles split up into 2 (3 for the World) divisions. The problem isn’t how many Titles they have, it’s what Titles they have. By consolidating the 3 World Titles, and the 2 Mid – Card, 2 Female, and 2 Tag (which they already did), that would make room for lower level / Specialty Titles like the Euro, Hard, and LH Titles. This removes the “redundancy” of Titles being “equal” and adds importance to the actual “important” straps.

Well, this idea of mine stems from the current Titles being Unified and lower Defunct Titles returning and having Titles only defended on PPVs.

If they were to assign a brand for each Title, then:
Raw : WWE / World / ECW, Women’s / Divas, and this HOF Title
Smackdown : Intercontinental / United States and Tag Team
ECW : European, Hardcore, and Light Heavyweight

I could go for either this format or simply have the Champions go wherever needed at any given time to enlarge the divisions across all three shows, but keep the Brand Split and keep the Non – Champions assigned to a show.

I know the HOFers are too old, but for this Division it could work. It could also be used for future HOFers like the current Stars of today. It’s just an idea.

What you are trying to do is exactly what the WWE won’t do, and that is copy the TNA Legends Title exactly as is. You know Vince wouldn’t do that and my idea would make it “seem” like a better idea than the Legends Title. The WWE does have 9 Titles right now, but if you were to break it down, they actually have 4 “Different” Titles split up into 2 (3 for the World) divisions. The problem isn’t how many Titles they have, it’s what Titles they have. By consolidating the 3 World Titles, and the 2 Mid – Card, 2 Female, and 2 Tag (which they already did), that would make room for lower level / Specialty Titles like the Euro, Hard, and LH Titles. This removes the “redundancy” of Titles being “equal” and adds importance to the actual “important” straps.

Ok I see where you are going with it and I agree with it. If you consolidate the titles that would help. And I think they are old however that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see it. I say they are too old because a lot of people wouldn't find the fun in it. I would just enjoy seeing sav and hogan back in the ring...imagine the pop they'd get and how many people would buy to see them

Yeah, I don’t want to go too far like a WWE HOF Tag Title. HAHA!! I could definitely see some “Dream Matches”, but I do agree, the pace of the matches would be really slow. Maybe they could start this whole division with a Battle Royal or something. This could be Sting’s ticket in. You never know. Another plus, could be the extra light schedule some of the older Stars are looking for in TNA. This could be the light schedule all future HOFers are looking for. We don’t need to see it often. As a matter of fact, they could have 4 matches a year for this Title and they could do it at the Big 4 with one month prior for build up. That should be enough trash talking and promotion to get attention to these HOF Title Matches. Being that this is a “Retired” division, we could even make a loop hole for Flair to step back in this ring this way, without “tarnishing” his WM XXIV Good Bye.

I know that, but. It's the only way it would work, that's one of reasons it won't happen, because Vince won't copy anyone. (not that it's a bad thing) We agree that they need to merge some of the titles together. Vince isn't going to do that, because he's making to much money off of people buying the different types of belts. Also people are going to by ppv to see title matches. Because they don't happen on tv anymore. So he's not going to cut down on the titles.

This is a horrible idea. There are already way too many titles and if they were going to add another it would definitely not be a HOF title. Most HOFers aren't capable of going out there and having great matches. Just because Steamboat was able to do it doesn't mean that all these guys can. Steamboat is the exception to the rule. I really have no interest in seeing out of shape 50-60 year old guys wrestle on a consistent basis. There's nothing wrong with just seeing these guys make the occasional appearance and wrestle the occasional match, but to give them there own title is a ridiculous idea.

I'd rather not see half of the HOFers wrestle as mostly are out of shape. Also, the WWE should instead focus on adding prestige to it's current titles. However, they could add some title that is only defended on Superstars, just to make that show more interesting.

Right, this would only work with a combination of Unifying current Titles and then adding “Lower” level Titles. This would add prestige to the current Titles by giving them more importance with one Title per “Level” and would also make room for Titles for the Low Card Stars. If things were to stay the same and just flat out add a Title, then it would be too much.

I actually like the sound of this idea in a way it could be a title that people like Hogan and Flair could hold should they ever return. Maybe it could be put nly to win at Wrestlemania or something. But at the same time it could be seen as sort of a rip on the Legends title from TNA even though the concept of the people who could win it is different but i do like the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back