• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Hell In A Cell: HIAC Match - John Cena VS Randy Orton

Mustang Sally

Sells seashells by the seashore
I suppose what happened last night was inevitable: The Authority changing the Cena-Ambrose match from the next PPV to Raw eliminated the need for this match to occur at HIAC, in which the important factor could not be missed......whomever won the match would meet Seth Rollins in a cage .....but what would the loser do at the PPV?

If Cena lost to Ambrose at HIAC, that would mean he's finished for the night? Doesn't seem right, not for John Cena.

Instead, Cena lost cleanly to Ambrose last night.....without being beaten up or losing face....and will now face Randy Orton at HIAC.

Who cares, you might ask? Another Cena vs. Orton fight? Bleggh, right?

I think Creative will come up with something a lot more interesting for this one. Randy's seeming 'tweener behavior last night with Seth Rollins is an indication that something is coming down the pike for him. If it's a face change, what would he be doing in the ring against John Cena at the PPV? If he's still a heel, all we'd get out of still another meeting with Cena is a possibly great match.....and while there's no problem with that, I don't think the status quo would compel many PPV buys.

Consider......last night, the company had a bad guy (Orton) facing off against another bad guy (Rollins). Meanwhile, the "good-est" of the good guys (Cena) was applying himself against a young face who's enjoying the height of his popularity (Ambrose).

Something's got to change, and whatever it is will be the impetus that spurs Cena vs. Orton.

I'm fine with this match. It's Cena vs. Orton so I've already seen it. If it goes on last it means I can get to bed half an hour earlier.

It also allows Rollins & Ambrose to have their match away from Cena, which in our heart of hearts is what we all really wanted.

I reckon it should have been the other way around. We have seen Cena/Orton many times before. Not only in regular matches but in Hell in a Cell. Moreover, they have faced off a few times this year. Plus, I'll happily wait for Ambrose/Rollins.

It will be a good match, of course it will, but it is rather underwhelming. I'll say Cena wins because he has had up and down few months and because I think Rollins will beat Ambrose.

At least WWE made the right decision in having Rollins and Ambrose in the Cell. I will gladly have Orton vs Cena again if it means we get Rollins vs Ambrose.

Although they did kind of dig themselves a hole with this one. It's pretty safe to say Cena vs Orton will headline, meaning it will get shit on hardcore by the audience and a lot of people will probably just stop watching. Not to mention there's virtually no chance that Cena vs Orton can follow Ambrose and Rollins.

Though if Ambrose vs Rollins headlines, then the Cell match between them might seem a bit tainted because we would have seen one earlier in the night already. While this has been the case in the past, there hasn't been a Cell match in the last decade or so that anyone really wanted to see besides Triple H vs Undertaker and that was on it's own on one of the best shows of all time.

Maybe they will do something different like inserting Kane and Cena beats them both then afterward Orton can RKO Kane cementing his face turn. Or Rusev interferes and costs Cena the match. There is a couple different ways to go and while none of them see likely and we are probably just going to sit through a subpar Cell match, at least we can have peace of mind knowing Rollins vs Ambrose will be amazing and well worth the show.

At least WWE made the right decision in having Rollins and Ambrose in the Cell. I will gladly have Orton vs Cena again if it means we get Rollins vs Ambrose.

Although they did kind of dig themselves a hole with this one. It's pretty safe to say Cena vs Orton will headline, meaning it will get shit on hardcore by the audience and a lot of people will probably just stop watching. Not to mention there's virtually no chance that Cena vs Orton can follow Ambrose and Rollins.

Though if Ambrose vs Rollins headlines, then the Cell match between them might seem a bit tainted because we would have seen one earlier in the night already. While this has been the case in the past, there hasn't been a Cell match in the last decade or so that anyone really wanted to see besides Triple H vs Undertaker and that was on it's own on one of the best shows of all time.

Maybe they will do something different like inserting Kane and Cena beats them both then afterward Orton can RKO Kane cementing his face turn. Or Rusev interferes and costs Cena the match. There is a couple different ways to go and while none of them see likely and we are probably just going to sit through a subpar Cell match, at least we can have peace of mind knowing Rollins vs Ambrose will be amazing and well worth the show.

Yeah I agree. It would make no sense to have cena v orton as the last match.

Regarding the match itself meh, we've seen it a lot of times, A LOT OF TIME, and honestly unless they do something clever with it (que laugh track) it will be totally uninteresting, especially because there's basically no heat between the two.

What in the blue fuck?

It's not Orton vs. Cena again that I mind, it's that it's in Hell in a Cell. Didn't these two already have one at Hell In A Cell 2009? What was wrong with a regular match or a small stipulation like No Holds Barred this time? They don't need the Cell, it was only set up last night. Never thought I'd see the day where the HIAC was being used as a filler match on PPV. If the plan was to put Cena in a Hell in a Cell match all along, it should've been against Brock Lesnar to finish up their feud.

Anyway, I reckon Cena goes over this time and Orton makes his official face turn at the PPV. Seth Rollins interferes and accidentally costs Orton his match with Cena, then later in the 2nd Cell match, Orton interferes and costs Rollins his match with Ambrose, setting up a feud between the two post-Hell In A Cell.

Well, as much as I really want to see Ambrose vs. Rollins in the main event, it will most likely be Cena vs. Orton, which further cements my claim that some combination of Cena and/or Orton has been in the main event of every single PPV and just about every Raw for, what, the past several years? Come on guys, let someone else try their hand at closing out the show. How is WWE ever going to establish new main event stars if they don't let them main event without facing Cena or Orton?

I'm surprised that this match is actually taking place. I really thought they were going to go with Cena/Rollins and Ambrose/Orton.

It should be a great match. It shouldn't close out the show. I'm hoping this won't be another Jericho/HHH over Rock/Hogan at WM 18 situation.

Cena and Orton usually put on great matches, they bring good matches out in each other each time they have a match, even though we've seen it all, Hell In A Cell would be something different, and even though we've only seen it one time, that's only one time, it'll still be different. My prediction is we get a nice little deja vu and see Orton punt kicking Cena again.

Boy, if there was ONE THING we needed to heat the WWE back up, its something fresh and new like John Cena Vs Randy Orton.

Not.

I hope this show is in front of a smark crowd, so they can utterly shit on this match. With all the great young talent who they NEED to put over, its sad that this is all they could do with these two.

Well, we've certainly got a consensus on this one, huh? Folks seem to feel that while it might be a great match, they find it about as interesting as a glass of water.

So be it. I'm hoping some kind of swerve will be thrown at us; possibly the Orton face turn.....or at least a part of one, as befits a switch to 'tweener status.

Meanwhile, I hope the two of them put on one of the best matches we've ever seen, just to prove all of us wrong for dissing the match-up. Heaven knows, both of 'em are capable of bringing a superior contest, no matter how many times they fight each other.

Orton by TKO in the 12th round. :p

This in the Cell makes NO sense. At all.

It's Cena v. Orton. They don't have a blood feud that's culminating here. They have a one off blow off feud that's eating PPV time in order to get to Survivor Series or whenever Lesnar comes back.

Cena in 25 or so minutes with his third AA, gets the win. While Ambrose and Rollins will probably go on last and tear apart the HiaC, this match will take place entirely inside of the cage.

Well the added stipulation that the winner gets a WWE Championship match makes this match a little more watchable for me.
I am really hoping that Randy Orton gets the title shot. We have all wanted to see Orton vs Brock for years. Plus, I can see an Orton face turn happening.
What does Cena and Brock prove again? Just another ego boost for cena.

With the winner receiving a future title shot at Lesnar, you have to believe the vast majority of the crowd will support Orton. You get the feeling WWE is finally setting the wheels in motion for his face turn, and Orton VS Lesnar is a refreshing match up. Add in the drama with Orton turning on The Authority (or vice versa), because Triple H snubbed Lesnar in favor of Orton, and you've got a must-see match up.

Although, I'll admit, before they announced the winner faces Lesnar stipulation the thought of another Orton VS Cena match wasn't enough to blow my skirt up.

There's nothing wrong the quality of past Cena/Orton matches (the Iron Man match was creative and a lot of fun to watch), but it's another feud in WWE that's been done to death over the years, and the biggest problem is John Cena is CLEARLY the superior competitor in the feud. He's the face of the company, and every time Cena and Orton step inside the ring, I'm not reminded of two rivals, who share a past filled with hate. I'm reminded of the fact John Cena is the #1 guy and the face of company, and Randy Orton is another #2 guy on a list with the likes of CM Punk.

I say Orton walks away with the win here, and somewhere down the line, The Authority sabotages Orton's match with Lesnar to complete the face turn.

20141013_EP_LIGHT_HIAC_Cena_Orton_HOME.jpg

Yeah, I cannot say I am looking forward to this match. I have never been a fan of #1 contendership matches taking place on PPV. The actual title matches are the ones that we should be seeing on PPV. I'm a big fan of both Cena and Orton, always have been, but I'm not interested in this at all. The main reason being that it looks as if we are not getting a World Heavyweight Championship match on this show. I cannot fathom how WWE could possible view this as acceptable. This match should be good enough for the one to close the show (since it likely will).... They have had several big matches against each other, including a Hell In A Cell match in 2009. I do not doubt they will be able to deliver a decent match, but I doubt it will be anything special. This show is lacking, it feels incomplete, and the fact that the biggest match on the card is a #1 contendership match is highly disappointing. Orton likely gets the win to close the show (unless we do get the World Heavyweight Championship match this show desperately needs) as him facing Lesnar would be something new. I have literally zero desire to see Cena VS Lesnar ever again, and that's coming from one of the biggest Cena marks on this forum.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Randy Orton will defeat John Cena.

Yup, I'm not into this match either. :D

However, I'm really coming around on Randy Orton lately, and not just because of the RKO vine craze sweeping social media. His matches of late have been good to excellent in my opinion, he's looking as sharp as ever, and I WANT to cheer for him, despite my boredom of his part in the Authority angle. I'm really hoping the face turn is in the pipeline, and I think he'll get a great reaction from the crowd again as a face.

To the actual match though, I think Orton will get it so he can move onto the title picture, which will obviously involve Rollins as well. I don't know how it'll end though. Forgive me for being "that guy", Cena fans, but I'd be highly surprised if your boy lost clean to Orton. Cena winning wouldn't surprise me either. Don't actually care too much either way, I just want something that can set up Orton's path towards Lesnar and Rollins.

I want Orton to win, as I think it generates stronger storylines. Have him turn face and feud with Brock Lesnar, with Rollins being a third wheel. It gives us some fresh matches, if anything.

But Cena will probably win. Rollins will probably screw Orton over.

Match of the night (since the main event ending was so fucking stupid). Cena winning was the right way to go. Orton doesn't need to feud Lesnar.

Cena yet again gets another title shot. I wonder how many title shots he has had. Its Probably a record...

Shows you just how bad current writing is.... this is all because they can't think of anything better or more creative and fail to build anyone into a contender...

so here we are again... Cena vs. Lesnar for a 3rd time and 4th in what, a year?

BORING AS HELL

Cena vs orton was a boring ass match like always. Shit was freaking terrible. Boring and forgettable just like the ppv.

:banghead:

Match was pretty good but, obviously we have different tastes when it comes to what makes a good match. The build up in the recent weeks wasn't there due to they only had enough time to throw a little something together. The two interacted with the cell, had some good spots, plenty of near finishes, and the "This Is Awesome" chant from the fans towards the end of the match.

Somewhat surprised with the result but Cena Vs. Lesnar is a go to money making match so understandable as to why they went with what they did. Hopefully, they hold this match at Survivor Series instead of the Rumble as the reports say. If it's a big enough PPV to have The Rock and John Cena team up for a night, it's big enough to have Lesnar make an appearance.

The match wasn't bad at all, although the amount of false finishes was a little OTT. I try my very best to be objective, but I can't help but be a smark after seeing Cena go over AGAIN. Orton FINALLY gets some momentum going with the whole RKO outta nowhere movement thing. A face turn and a feud with Rollins is likely coming soon, and the crowd are beginning to root for him again. But nope, lets book Lesnar V Cena again. Slow clap for the creative team. I'm sorry Cena fans, and I'm sorry to the people that are ok with Cena winning, but I've had enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back