WWE Headliner wants in TNA

Chain Gang MVP said:
I agree with what has been said about Benoit, but I don't know about Lashley and Batista.

My guess is that the superstar is Shelton Benjimen. I mean seriously, the guy is now below the mid-cards. This man went from being the longest reigning IC champion in a decade to being the main eventer of Heat. After loosing the IC title, he stopped appearing on Raw regularly began to lose all of his matches on Raw. He is now simply used on Raw to put over Carlito or Jeff Hardy whenever they don't have anyone else to fight. Because of his bad mic skills, the only way the WWE has been able to keep Shelton on Raw since Unforgiven is by having him constantly say that he is overlooked for being black. And Shelton still loses his matches. If he went to TNA, he would do great in the X-Division. TNA isn't so big on mic skills like Vince is, which is why Shelton would probably be more successful there than he is in WWE.

shelton is not a headliner

idk who it is but im sure we will find out in the future

Hmmmm...when I first read this article I was thinking it was Benoit too, but since he has been US champ for almost his whole "new" run on Smackdown,I don't think it's him. He's about to get into a good fued with Chavo anyhow.....

My likely suspects are Edge, or Batista. Lashley is too new to complain about nothing to do. He's yet to prove anything, and it's really his own fault. he's been in enough high profile matches to leave an impression. Kane? No, he has enjoyed a big pay day due to WWE putting him in their lead off film. He's a company guy, so is Booker, and so is Benoit. Edge maybe looking to prove something by going, and Batista I could say the same about. Without HHH's support, I've heard he is butting headz with the smackdown locker room alot, namely the fight with Booker T.

I dunno...vince has made it so anyone who leaves, can't show up on TNA the next week anyway. We'll see what the Big Show dioes after he "retires" soon, cuz it could be him too. The no traveling is probably what is interesting to him.

nickybo said:
yeah if benoit did jump over to tna, the ratings would probibly jump high, but if it's like batista or posibly lashly, it would probibly jump higher because either of them would make a huge impact on it and take the tna world title, but if lashly or batista went to tna, smackdown would get extremly boring.

Oh boy, do I disagree. IMO, SD is BY FAR the best thing that the WWE has going right now and I think that its one glaring weakness is Batista. The guy is below average in the ring, below average on the mic, and doesn't have HHH to carry him anymore. King Booker is a perfect champion and taking the belt off of him for either Lashley or Batista would be a mistake.

All I would have to add about Booker is I agree. He's worked very hard throughout the years, and really has taken to the "better than you" king role with ease. Batsita with the belt would suck. It would be just another Cena on RAW type of thing. TWO face champions, both seemingly invincible, beating far more talented opponents night after night.....

Batista is O.K.....but as has been said...does he have the tools to have great Title matches on PPV? I don't think so. Don't forget the animosity he drew from the crowd while he was in evolution. It wasn't because he was in evolution, it was because he sucked. So the crowd cheered him when he tunred on the game...

Big deal. HHH had the belt so long at that point, that the crowd would have made Rob Conway over if he was stepping up to the Game. It sucks Mark Henry got injured, because I think that would have been good to get Batista to the next level, something HE WON'T be doing by beating King Booker IMO....

People will end up resenting the Animal again if he's given the belt on the strength that people don't like the current title holder, even if he is a better WRESTLER.

Having said all that, Batista may be the guy looking at TNA.

Maybe it is CM Punk wanting to return to TNA to work with his good buddy Samoa Joe who I have heard had amazing matches with in ROH.

Man I watched some old CM Punk matches on YOUTube and believe me he is good in ECW but he was 100 times better back in the day in ROH and IWF

So maybe he is already sick of the WWE stint and wants to go back to be showcased

punk has a great careere ahead of him in the wwe i dont htink it is him hea will be one fo the greats after this ecw project, wich i like, ends. We can also count edge out now as he has just added another world tage team title to his record setting title list. We dont know who it is hell it could have been a joke it could be eugene or vinny mac himself we just dont know.

all i got to say is tna sucks. more people watch wwe, and its more entertaining, and we have better wrestlers. would u rather come out of that dumpy entrance on tna impact, or the awesome raw one, and get the thrill of REALLY loud noise, and flashbulbs poppin ur eyes? WWE is my answer

this isnt the tna sucks thread its the who if anyonw from wwe would like to try tna. Im not an admin but iv seen to many wwe vs tna threads.

KingMizzfit said:
I dunno...vince has made it so anyone who leaves, can't show up on TNA the next week anyway. We'll see what the Big Show dioes after he "retires" soon, cuz it could be him too. The no traveling is probably what is interesting to him.

Hmmm... thats an interesting thought, Big Show does live in Florida I beleive, Tampa I think. It would be interesting to see what TNA would do with him if they signed him

i dont know about show he looks like he is really in alot of pain right now thats why hea manily does run ins and squashmatches.

Its either Beniot or Kane,because both just signed huge extension contracts with the WWE.Chris signed one similiar to that of Bret Hart in the 90s,that will see him become a road agent after 5 more years of wrestling.But they would be making a mistake,because TNA is going choke on its own vomit pretty soon,and then they would be out of work.Kurt has already forfieted his Hall Of Fame induction,and it might have been the biggest mistake of his career!

tjhere said:
Maybe it is CM Punk wanting to return to TNA to work with his good buddy Samoa Joe who I have heard had amazing matches with in ROH.

Man I watched some old CM Punk matches on YOUTube and believe me he is good in ECW but he was 100 times better back in the day in ROH and IWF

So maybe he is already sick of the WWE stint and wants to go back to be showcased

Its been he's dream to be in the WWE for years,so I doubt he'd leave so soon(especially since he's being pushed at Survivor Series) I do agree though that he was incredible in ROH and IWF.The WWE has a bullshit stlye of wrestling that probably annoys him though

I can't believe RVD hasn't been thrown around as a more probable candidate. RVD not only recently signed a long-term deal but signed over his soul to Vince just before ECW was reformed. Vince secured the rights to the RVD name and all related likeness as part of the resigning.

Now for why. You know that RVD has got to be bleeding over not only his fall from grace over some bullshit (who hasn't done chronic) but also over the new ECW. RVD - as well as Heyman - must be hyperventilating into a brown paper bag when they read their dirt-sheets before the shows and while they watch the product of their sweat and tears on sci-fi.

You know that crap is not what they signed up for. And now that its settled in that ECW is never going to be what it was and what they wanted it to be again, you'd think RVD is wishing he could go back and do the shit different.

I admit that Benoit is more likely the guy at the centre of this, but I wouldn't rule out Rob either.

Considering WWE could have given RVD the boot for his drug charges, I'd say he's a jerk if he's talking that TNA ish. The thing about Benoit is, he has no real reason not to be happy. As I've said...he's been dominant on Smackdown, but just not in the Heavyweight title scene. You know he and Chavo are both about having a great match at Survivor Series, and if Benoit Dumps the belt to Chavo, Then maybe I'll give Benoit more thought as the TNA is better guy.
With Lashley gone though, the upper tier will need someone in it, and I can't see anyone but Benoit getting that spot.
I still think it's the Big Show, and like my guy said a page back, he does live in Florida. He is in pain a lot, but TNA would pay him, and he would be working light.

I saw both Kane and Big Show mentioned, but last I heard they were both considering retirement within the next 6-8 months. Does someone have info on them that I don't about them signing contract extensions within the company? I agree that the person it makes most sense with is Benoit, but I really don't see how he can complain considering the fact that Vince gave the guy 6 months off (and even PRAISED him for asking for the time off) and that Benoit has been doing so well since he came back about a month and a half ago. Same with Batista...what does he have to complain about?

Anyone know if Carlito has recently signed an extension? Or Benjamin? Not sure if they count as "top stars" though...

I would bet green money that the elimination chamber will be the last time we see show for awhile. Still, TNA would cater to his needs, and he would not be traveling as he does in the WWE. Shelton Benjamin is an interesting guess though......
This guy has been given NOTHING good for awhile now. I was hoping that his and Kryme times lil beef would be touched on RAW, but it was all but ignored. If anyojne has a reason to complain, It would be shelton. Carlito is in a transitional phase right now. I fully expect him to go along with WWE'S idea of him acting like the rock. I think Carlito will be blowing up in a big way pretty soon.

The Usual Suspects

Heres why:

RVD = Is a TNA Style wrestler (high flying,entertaining,inovative), who is ceartinly a main eventer. Although im not sure if he has recently sighned a new contract, he is ceartinly disilusioned at the wwe at the minuite, especially now vince is almost dead against his EVER regaining the title.

Edge = i remeber before his initial title victory, and just after christian had jumped ship, he was alledgldyl wanting out of wwe and into wwe. 2 titles later, it would suprise me if this still was the case. However, he has good links down in florida (christian,rhino,angle,possibly lita in a few months) and his character seemingly is just cena fodder to mcmahon.

Kane = The least likely surely,as he is approaching retirement, but after years of jobbing and a pathetic title run, maybe he wants to screw vince? However, unless there is some serious pent up anger within glen jacobs,i just cant see it happening. He has been offred title runs and legend making oppurtunites by management (takers streak) and has to my knoweldge never been in any sort of trouble with managment, so i just cant see it myself.

Benoit - Is he a main eventer anymore? I cant remeber the last time he was in the title hunt, even though i love him, i really cant. A strong candidate especially after seeing a succesion of wrestlers overtake him in the title hunt, especially considering that he was the one who most likely put them over. Could also be ready to take on a lighter schedhule with age and family, and may be annoyed at the storylines involving eddies death. The favourate in mye eyes.

Guys like shelton benjamin, no matter how popular,are not main eventers, and names like batista and lashley, whilst plausable, are unlikely,especially with lashley, who has only been on tv for over a year, and would be stupid to leave the wwe now, as he is surely big with management.

However, there is two more possible candidates who haven been mentioned. Hbk And Randy Orton.

Orton - Possibly annoyed with his inability to get over in the main event picture,even with the drug issues,and may see TNA As a fresh star. He would be instantly a top draw down south, and with the sacking of his father, he may seek to try and screw over vince. However, the wwe may be just as pleased to let him go.

HBK - Suprised he hasnt been mentioned. With his age,and willingless for a lighter schedule (especially with his health issues), The 'sting' deal may sound good. Besides the fact he has family ties within the company, the Contiued dx angle, which he allegidly been dead against, may finnally have made him want out, and the wwe's often immoral angles may be against his christian beleifs. Also, the years of tension with vince may have finnaly made him want to get one over on his boss.

I can see it being RVD as Vince will probably never put a belt on him again. It's funny how Hogan the steroid junkie of the 90's got to hold the World Title for so long, but other guys are punished for life for making a few mistakes. I know RVD is not Hulk Hogan, even though he has 100-200 times the wrestling skills Hogan has. Vince will always forgive a guy who is bringing in a lot of money. I'm a huge HHH fan, but he could get caught selling drugs to 8 year olds outside of a school and Vince would do nothing.

RVD is a great possibility because after the drug issue he knows that ain't going to be on the main role anymore, and in TNA he has the liberty to do what he wants in the ring
I am afraid that is Edge. Neither of is titles reigns has been long and he may think that Vince only sees him as temporary solution. Besides that he has many good friends in TNA and the liberty to do what he wants in the ring, just like RVD.
Kane is not a possibilty since he plans to retire at WM.
Altough he has the reasons for it I don't think that Benoit wants to move out. He has stabilty in the wwe know and after his wrestlin career is over.
Orton knew that is father would only work temporarly with him, so I don't think he his gunning for revenge. And i don't know if it's just me but i see him as a Mxmahon product.
As for HBK I don't think it's him either. In spite that he his not working on a storyline that he aproves, he has always been loyal to wwe and I don't think in this stage of his career he wants a move.
Batista might be the one. It is known that he is unhappy on sd!, but he specificly asked to be moved to raw, wich could mean that his only desire is raw, not TNA nor ecw.

It was interesting to see Ortons name thrown in the hat. WWE has done everything for this guy. When he says his list of accomplishments is endless...it's true.
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned that he has been the SOLE survivor at the last THREE survivor series PPV'S on RAW yet......
Anyways...my point is...I highly doubt he is till bitter about being "suspended" since he is right back in the upper tier, and doing big things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back