WWE Extreme Rules: WWE Tag Team Championship - Cesaro & Kidd VS The New Day

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After scoring a win via countout, due to interference from Xavier Woods, The New Day earns the right to face Kidd & Cesaro for the tag titles as part of the Extreme Rules kickoff show.

Comparatively speaking, Kidd & Cesaro are the babyfaces here as the crowd will be much more in support of them than The New Day. It should be an entertaining match, though it'll be a mistake if they take the titles off Kidd & Cesaro. New Day is coming along in my opinion, but it's too early into their heel transition for them to get the titles. Given how they screwed The Lucha Dragons last night, I could see them interfering in this match to cost New Day, possibly leading to some sort of threeway feud for the titles at Payback.

While it might seem an obvious statement, if there's to be a title change in this match, it will be because the company has decided to commit to a push for New Day. No, there's not much to recommend this except for their turning heel, but then, I never understood why they were being pitched as faces in the first place. There certainly was no specific plan since their introduction and they weren't given anything distinctive to set them apart from every other tag team.

I like Tyson & Cesaro (Kiddaro?) because the contrast in their ring styles makes for some entertaining matches. Yes, they're bad guys, yet their association with Natalya keeps the audience from getting down on them. I don't think their title run is finished yet, but they might lose anyway if the focus of this contest is to be the ascension of New Day.

Cesaro and Tyson Kidd are the best tag team in the current roster Fact
But putting them in just the Kick off show for the third consecutive PPV is asinine Fact
Glad that they didn't push The Lucha Dragons to the moon so soon and screw them up Fact
Turning New Day into a heel faction and the way they sneaked their way into the title match is good Fact

I would be glad if they had Fandango vs Adam Rose for the Pre-Show and Tag Team title match into the main PPV show..

Cheers!!

The actual card looks pretty good so one match missing out isn't a shock. This was probably the best choice even if Cesaro and Kidd deserve better.

Hopefully they get time. The WWE could really commit to the kick-off show and make it interesting. I'm not sure but if it is exclusive to the network then it could be a way to get new subscribers and these four could help start a precedent. They won't be it would be nice.

It should be a fun match. I like the new character for the New Day and Cesaro and Kidd are fantastic so I have high expectations. I can't imagine there will be a title change but it can still be a match of good quality.

Interesting timing of the New Day and Cesaro and Kidd turns. They both needed them. I'm surprised WWE went through it. I think Cesaro and Kidd will win the match but it won't be the last of Cesaro and Kidd vs. New Day

20150420_LIGHT_ER_Match_HP_Kickoff.jpg

Not particularly interested in watching this one. I like Tyson and Cesaro however New Day sucks and should not be getting a title shot. Kofi deserves better than to be stuck in such a stupid stable.... The match should be alright but it won't be anything special. Glad it's on the pre-show as I don't care about it. Seriously, it's a huge waste of everyone's time. The Lucha Dragons should have gotten the title shot instead, oh well. We will get this over with before the actual show begins at least.... Tyson and Cesaro retaining is what I predict will happen as The New Day suck and are not worth pushing into a Tag Team Championship reign. Tyson and Cesaro retain and then the real show begins afterward.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Tyson and Cesaro will retain the Tag Team Championship.

I think Cesaro and Kidd will win, but aren't turning face. I think this 'feud' is really there to set up the New Day snapping and turning completely villainous once they lose. I'd be really surprised/confused if New Day wins because while they're finally getting over as heels, they're still not actually over. But I'll reserve judgement to see how this plays out.

But if New Day wasn't the #1 contender team....

I personally wish the Prime Time Players were in their spot, as I don't feel it's time for Cesaro/Kidd to drop the belts and PTP can afford the loss. Lucha Dragons should win their first major PPV and I'd rather them wait a few months before putting the straps on them. They were hugely over in NXT, but Sin Cara's credibility on the main roster is still shaky. The good thing with Cesaro/Kidd is that they have personalities and don't need a lot of promo time to express them. I'd be interested in the Ascension chasing them belts in a three way feud of some sort.

So, due to the update on Daniel Bryan not being able to compete.... the replacement match of Barrett VS Neville is now being advertised as the Kickoff match instead of this one. It appears Tyson & Kidd will defend their Tag Team Championship against The New Day on the main card.

My thoughts on this match have not changed since last night, and I honestly wish this was still the pre-show, but it makes sense to bump it up to the main card and do the match they just announced today on the pre-show instead. The champions are sure to retain here so a loss can further fuel the heel turn New Day has been having even though they still suck. This probably goes on first or second if it indeed is going to be on the main card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back