The inevitable split of Cesaro and Kidd

kadroan

King Of The Ring
At Fast Lane, Cesaro and Kidd captured the tag titles from The Usos and retained them at WrestleMania. Over time they've became fan favorites. However, they suffered a shocking loss to New Day at Extreme Rules and failed to capture the titles at Payback and this past Monday Night RAW. Next Sunday they will compete in a Elimination Chamber match at Elimination Chamber for the tag titles, if they fail to capture the titles, is it time to split the team? WWE has split dominant tag teams before like Kofi and R-Truth and Team Hell No, etc. Thoughts?

And this is why the tag team division sucks. As soon as team loses the belts, off with their heads or split them up. I would keep them together. They actually perform well together, and it's put renewed life into both of them.

No one is saying they can't have a singles match here and there, but as a team they are pretty good. Considering how lax the tag division is, splitting up a good team, before you have anyone to replace them isn't a good idea.

Not sure I'd call Kofi and Truth dominant, but yes, WWE often puts guys together with the intention of eventually splitting them and having them feud. History seems to dictate that eventually this will come to pass. I honestly hope that this isn't the case. It would be nice to have more teams last a few years. WWE may have learned their lesson from the recent splits and reformations of Harper and Rowan and the Prime Time Players.

But this is WWE and splitsville seems to be the inevitable destination for all tag teams (it's the second right after suplex city). Elimination Chamber screams way too soon to me. If like to see Kidd and Cesaro last another year or more at the very least. I think they have a few more title runs in them. Their an odd team, in that they're not making up for the others deficiency. They're both gifted and talented athletes who lack microphone skills above all. They're over as faces based purely on their thrilling movesets.

It's way too soon to break them up. The singles scenes are overcrowded as is before you add a couple NXT guys that are likely on the way up. Kidd and Cesaro both get lost in the mix in singles action, whereas they're stars in the tag team division. They're my pick to win the chamber match and continue their feud with New Day through the summer.

You're right teams are made to be broken. I disagree with that concept personally, unless one guy is clearly meant for superstardom. Of the two, Cesaro could fit that bill. Eventually they'll split, but I don't see it happening until after Mania 32.

I hope not. When they split up, ideally WWE will have plans for both men. Part of the problem with Cesaro's failed single push is after the Andre the Giant Battle Royale, no one had any long turn plans for him. Before becoming Tag Team Champions, Tyson Kidd was pretty directionless, even though he was actually winning quite a bit. WWE just needs to focus and if they don't have any concrete ideas, they should just keep them together.

I think they'll be together for a minimum of another year. I don't see them splitting until after they've had another WWE Tag Team Championship run, sometime before next year's WrestleMania, where they'll lose the belts (no tag team title has changed hands at WrestleMania since 2001, it's about damn time for them to change hands at Mania) and then split. I think Antonio Cesaro will be in the Chris Jericho/RVD class of wrestler, where he'll get the occasional main event run but will spend the vast majority of his career in the upper midcard (nothing wrong with that, but I know a lot of people will whine that he's not headlining), and Tyson Kidd will be a solid midcard guy and will eventually get a run as either Intercontinental or United States Champion.

No! That's the answer!

They'll both get lost in the lower midcard section or in the Jobber's divisions which will be a dreadful injustice for a tag team which made everyone to sit in the corner of the seat for a tag team action.

In my verdict they should win the title at the Elimination Chamber. If they aren't gonna do it, then they probably should win it back at least at the MITB event. They're better as champions.

Cheers!!

Why would you think it's time split them? That makes no sense at all. Just because they won the titles and then lost them and didn't succeed at winning them back twice you're ready to break up a good thing? Good thing you don't write for WWE because off with your head too.

I'll admit I didn't like New Day getting the titles at Extreme Rules, but that was an absolutely brilliant move. They got the titles, the heel team, to gain some heat. Every single week New Day marches out to the ring, they gain even more heat which is perfect for tag champs. And every week, Kidd and Cesaro get better in the ring together and gain more support. There isn't a tag team that can actually hang with Kidd and Cesaro so they'll win them back eventually and probably hold the titles until the Usos return and we will get some great matches out of those two teams for a couple months.

Quit being so quick to pull the curtain on a team that's barely been around four months with the crowd insanely behind them. Plus... anything that allows me to stare at Nattie on TV for a bit every week is alright with me.

"Inevitable" is kind of a strong word don't you think...? They JUST lost the Tag Titles and are still on the road to getting them back, it's not as if they've lost matches for two months straight. Just because a tag team isn't in the title picture doesn't mean that they should just split... I hate this line of thinking, it's why the division lacks significant depth for more than 3 months. Every time a team is put together, the first topic people bring up is when and how they're going to split; and than they split; and than people bitch about the lack of depth in the tag division. Kidd and Cesaro are a great team and have amazing chemistry, I wouldn't mind seeing them as a permanent tag team to be honest. They've yet to breakout as single stars, why not let them try to become an all-time great tag team?

WWE is not going to do much with Kidd and I see Cesaro getting lost in the shuffle again so... what's the point? It would be Harper/Rowan 2.0, and everybody would be begging for a reunion before long. There's a thought... have them feud with Harper and Rowan. Not every tag team feud has to be for the belts ya know.

According to you, if a team doesn't have the belts, it means they should disband.:lmao: I know they lost the title but that doesn't mean they are splitting anytime soon. They have just started portraying babyface. I believe they could have a strong dominant run as a babyface team. I like this team so much. They are entertaining as hell. They are having extremely good matches with The New Day. Tag team division has become deep in past few months and I have a lot of expectations for the Elimination Chamber match.

dominant tag teams before like Kofi and R-Truth

OP lost all credibility with that one.

I don't see Cesaro and Kidd splitting anytime soon, I think some know they have a good thing on their hands with that team. And the singles division isn't really hurting for another guy, with all the NXT call ups there isn't such a need like in the past.

Also I really think WWE has some plans for the tag division, the Chamber match is only the start, but who knows maybe they run a tag team MITB.

Let them remain a team. The contrast in their styles makes for some entertaining matches and I love the way they've developed routines used exclusively by them, such as Kidd timing the Cesaro Swing to deliver a drop kick to the opponent.....plus some other timing maneuvers that they execute to perfection.

Plainly, the super-strong Cesaro works better with a partner, yet it wouldn't be effective to give him a lumbering, Big Show-type counterpart; better to team him with a ring technician like Tyson Kidd, who complements Cesaro's unique repertoire.

Is their split inevitable? Sure, every tag team eventually parts, especially in today's pro wrestling.....but I don't think Kiddaro is anywhere near done yet.

I really don't see the need for WWE to split up the Cesaro/Kidd tag team in the near future. I hate that most tag teams in WWE are short term these days. Where are the teams that stay together for years, like The Road Warriors, Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boyz etc- genuine TAG TEAMS, not guys randomly teaming together for a couple of months. (I know the Duds broke up for a while, but they've been pretty much a career tag team).

WWE have broken up so many teams in the past before it was needed, looking for the "breakout star" when in the vast majority of cases it just doesn't work and the 2 guys are worse off than before (Prime Time Players, Hart Dynasty, La Resistance, Harper & Rowan, Cade & Jindrak- even the Dudleys when they temporarily broke up). This team is still in its infancy, neither member has "outgrown" it, they are over, work well together, are having great matches and could easily be a team for another year at least.

With all the talent coming up from NXT and the strong mid-card that WWE currently have, neither Cesaro or Kidd would be getting alot of a attention in singles competition at the moment, so this team is definitely the best thing for them now. Plus, there aren't that many teams in WWE anyway- who would replace them in the tag team division? Another randomly put together team that has a 4 month lifespan?! What's the point? I hope they stick together for a good while yet!

Great responses everyone! I'm glad to see there's conversation about my topic. I realized I came off a bit objective in my original post. In case any of you didn't know, I'm a huge fan of Cesaro and I like Kidd and I like the tag team. I'm not for the splitting of the tag but if splitting the tag team presents an opportunity for Cesaro to become WWE WHC I'm all for it and I guess Kidd would be a good look in the US title race, the US title picture isn't as deep as the IC title picture.

Also, when I referred to Kofi and Truth being a dominant tag team, I am referring to how they had a lengthy reign and nobody could beat them for the titles during their reign, not saying they're physically dominant, just the fact they were consistent in successfully defending their titles up until they ran into Team Hell No.

Anyways, if they win the titles at EC, great, I'd love for them to win their feud with New Day, feud with Rowan and Harper and then face The Usos when they return then split, I can't really think of any legit teams they'd have left to beat. I can't take The Ascension, PTP and Los Matadores seriously based on how they're booked.

Next Sunday they will compete in a Elimination Chamber match at Elimination Chamber for the tag titles, if they fail to capture the titles, is it time to split the team?

Absolutely not. The tag team division needs them, plus Cesaro and Kidd are better as a team than they are individually. I am a fan of both guys, but I seriously do not see Tyson getting further than a US Championship shot that he'd ultimately lose. As for Cesaro he was doing a whole lot of nothing from his separation from Heyman up until he formed the tag team with Tyson. While I like both of them would want to see them both succeed individually, they are better off being one of the focal points of the tag team division. I would never split them up. Let them remain dominant in the Tag Team Championship scene, give them an instrumental version of Tyson's song (that ambulance song has GOT to go), and allow Natalya to have a Divas Championship run simultaneously as a Tyson and Cesaro Tag Team Championship reign. That'd be great for all of them, whereas splitting them up risks them both Tyson and Cesaro getting lost in the shuffle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back