• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE don't know how to create a good ppv anymore??

Are you going to order this ppv???

• Yes

• No!! Not a chance!!

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah I am definitely going to order this PPV, I dont get all the hate for it Cena vs Nexus is a great main event with massive hype surrounding it and it should also be a very good match I mean with Edge, Jericho, JoMo and Truth on one team you are all but guaranteed atleast a good match and add to that we have a mystery member and could very well see a surprise return.

Then there is Orton vs Sheamus which has also recieved good build I dont get the complaints over this match, it arguably the top face (in terms of pops) vs arguably the top heel (definitely the top individual heel, The Nexus as a group may be the top heels collectively) and I think it should be a good match, their Rumble match wasnt that bad and both men have improved alot since then.

Rey vs Kane has recieved good build also, it will more than likely be a Casket match which will help it also we are all but guaranteed to see The Undertaker in some way.

The Big Show vs SES is filler but it has some build and it could actually be a half decent match, same can be said about the Divas match. Add to that Kofi vs Ziggler who have put on very good matches for the past three weeks on SD, just think what they can don on a PPV and Harts vs Hawkins and Archer who are both proper tag teams and you have a decent looking card, sure it isnt amazing but it certainly isnt as bad as people make it out to be.

theres no making some people happy, your always complaining about the same people being in the title seen, now you have kane vrs rey, that fights not been done before for a wwe title if my memory serves me correct, altho admititly am not a smackdown fan, i only read the spoilers and download it if it seems worth watching, you have Sheamus vrs Randy orton, great match, orton is a legend in the making and Sheamus is quite possibly the best wrestler to ever come out of Ireland, to me its gonna be a good match, weve finaly got a good old Gaint vrs Stable match in Big Show Vrs SeS, weve got maybe my most anticapated match since HBK V Taker I, in Nexus Vrs Team WWE, basicly becuse with so many ways WWE can run with the nexus angle it will be fun to see who if anyone gose heel, then you have Alica Fox v Melina, Melina to me, is possibly the best women wrestler since Lita and Trish, Summerslam looks like such a good ppv,

i think that the way the wwe has built up summerslam which is the second biggest ppv of the year is a disgrace i mean theyve got 3 proper matches then a divas match and a boring filler. for instance in this ppv where is jack swagger, kofi kingston, evan bourne, drew mcintyre????? i shall not be ordering it as i think the wwe has totally screwed up on this ppv. something very big or unexpected is gonna hav to happen for me to change my mind.

Wow are you an idiot,how exactly is WWE going the way of WCW? They still make Money had over fist and still Draw Sellout Crowds 9 times out of 10. The only way they would go out of Business is if there Stock suddenly crashed and the Money started drying up.

I plan to get Summerslam and I think its been built up just fine. Im sure we will get a Full Card by Smackdown on Friday. By the way how is it no one cares to see Cena vs Nexus? Considering PPVs are used to usually finish off Feuds or keep them going a little longer.

Ironically enough, I'd consider myself a ****** if I had to defend myself against you. But I don't like leaving my critics in the dark so.....my reference to WCW is the recent decline in the WWE(2nd quarter Buyrates). Unless there's a good reason for them its obvious that poor booking and bad marketing of ppvs(gimmicks) are hurting the WWE. The Nexus angle is like the NWO. Its a drastic move meant to shock the WWE fans awake and provide controversy. In reality, its a cheap way of marketing nobodies from a failed concept on a failed show on SciFi.

The reference to TNA going the way of ECW is obvious as I'm comparing one hack company to another. And with the recent ECW angle, it should have been obvious. Also the fact that WCW was more popular than ECW I find it odd how you didn't catch my references.

And if your going to spend $50 on a "just fine" ppv, I'd reconsider calling people names. Summerslam is going to be worse than Fatal 4 Way. No build up besides Cenanation vs Nexus and Orton vs Pale Justice. If two matches is worth your $50 then by all means, but as for me, I'll stick to my previous comments.

But think about it this way...the reason there was only 5 matches was because there was a 1-hour long iron man match...had that been a normal match, they would have added a few more matches...

Same as above!!!

That 7 on 7 elmination match ought to be around 30 mins since it's an SS match w/ 4 extra people. The way it's sounding they'll add Kofi & Ziggler in an IC title rematch and that'll fill up the card w/ 6 matches.

I wouldn't mind a PPV card with fewer matches than normal. I expect the Nexus vs WWE match to receive a bulk of one hour (entrances and ending included) to hopefully showcase all the Nexus guys. This was actually my problem with the most recent Survivor Series booking, where too many guys were crammed on the card and eliminations occurred way too quickly. My hope is that Summerslam will have a well timed out card that uses the full 3 hours (or close to it) and each match doesn't feel rushed.

Each main title match should get a decent amount of time as well, with Orton vs Sheamus likely being the longer of the two. Between both, promos, entrances, and maybe the short-lived diva's match, that is two hours down already. Add in the potential of a Miz cash-in and there is a few extra minutes burned.

Finally, there is the Big Show vs SES match, which likely won't be too long, but will start to eat into the third hour. A Kofi/Ziggler rematch could easily be thrown in there as well, as it doesn't really need a build to be a good match. Maybe there will be something else tossed in as well, like a way to feature Nexus, the Tag Team titles, the Women's title, or the US title, and that would just about eat up the full 3 hours.

As to whether or not I'll be ordering, I don't know right now. I don't care about Kane/Mysterio unless it brings back Taker, and I don't care too much about Melina/Fox unless they get more than 5 minutes to work with. The SES is my favorite combination of stables and CM Punk, so watching them beat the Big Show interests me, as does Sheamus vs Orton. The big draw for anyone is obviously Nexus vs Cena and all the questions that arise with "bigger pictures" and potential betrayals. So, if I have the time to watch, sure I will.

I can't say this is the best booked Summerslam ever, but I do believe I will have seen worse. Cena/Nexus, Orton/Sheamus, Kane/Mysterio, and Big Show/SES all have been pushed to this point and have gotten a decent buildup, so I don't think this qualifies as terrible booking. Perhaps a bit predictable, but not a complete waste of time.

I am definitely ordering it. While not the "stacked" card come would like it still looks to me to have the potential to be good to very good.

Fox vs Melina, as Jack-Hammer says, looks to have the potential of being at least decent, which is more than can normally be said for Diva's matches since the like of Trish and Lita have departed.

SES vs Big Show I am not expecting a lot from to be honest, but could be surprised. Actually expecting the whole "we destroyed his hand" angle to backfire when Show shows up with a cast on :)

Kane vs Mysterio should be good for no other reason than seeing the Undertaker in a coma angle continue/get resolved. Plus, they are both good workers and should be able to put on a good David vs Goliath type of match (I know, I know...all Mysterio matches seem to be like that).

Sheamus vs Orton I honestly think will be very good. If them give them 20-30 minutes to really go at it we could see something out of them. Their confrontation on Monday really got me more interested in this one.

Team Cena vs Team Nexus should also be good as most people expect some kind of betrayal by one of the WWE guys but who it could be is completely up in the air. Just hoping for a big "Holy s**t" moment when it all plays out.

Also, as others have mentioned, it is likely we will see Zigler vs Kingston and The Hart Dynasty vs Someone added on Friday. The IC match would be good since Kingston seems to be ratcheting up the intensity lately. Not sure about the tag match though.

Ironically enough, I'd consider myself a ****** if I had to defend myself against you. But I don't like leaving my critics in the dark so.....my reference to WCW is the recent decline in the WWE(2nd quarter Buyrates). Unless there's a good reason for them its obvious that poor booking and bad marketing of ppvs(gimmicks) are hurting the WWE. The Nexus angle is like the NWO. Its a drastic move meant to shock the WWE fans awake and provide controversy. In reality, its a cheap way of marketing nobodies from a failed concept on a failed show on SciFi.

The reference to TNA going the way of ECW is obvious as I'm comparing one hack company to another. And with the recent ECW angle, it should have been obvious. Also the fact that WCW was more popular than ECW I find it odd how you didn't catch my references.

And if your going to spend $50 on a "just fine" ppv, I'd reconsider calling people names. Summerslam is going to be worse than Fatal 4 Way. No build up besides Cenanation vs Nexus and Orton vs Pale Justice. If two matches is worth your $50 then by all means, but as for me, I'll stick to my previous comments.

So Nexus are nobodies? In the span of 3 Months they have become the Biggest Heels in WWE. But I guess to you that makes NXT a failure,thats the whole point of NXT jackass is to get those guys noticed.

Also just because the 2nd Quarter Numbers were down that makes WWE going WCW's way? Wow is that a lame argument. If anything TNA is going the way of WCW & ECW with all the stupid shit they do.

I think Summerslam has been built fine and Im looking forward to the whole night not just the Main 3 Matches,im sure we will have a Full Card by Sunday like I said. If you don't wanna watch it fine I don't care,that won't bother me a bit.

That 7 on 7 elmination match ought to be around 30 mins since it's an SS match w/ 4 extra people. The way it's sounding they'll add Kofi & Ziggler in an IC title rematch and that'll fill up the card w/ 6 matches.

I hope your right BuckShot!!

I expect the match to get to atleast 40 mins..I'm all for long matches and this is a 14 man elimination match..I want all the Nexus guys to get good in-ring time as well..because this is the first time we'll see them actually in the ring altogether...

With this match taking up possibly an hour including entrances and ending...The Orton/Sheamus match hitting at least 20 mins..but I doubt it...I just hope Kane/Rey isn't a failure like their previous encounters...

They can make good use of their 5 or 6 matches...they can time the matches out evenly..as long as we don't see a 10 second bullshit match like we have seen in the past 2 years...
-------------------------------
This is what I would do..

Big Show vs Straight Edge Society - 10 mins

Alicia Fox vs Melina - 5-10 mins

Kane vs Rey Mysterio - 15 mins

Sheamus vs Randy Orton - 20 mins

(ppv card filler) Maybe an interconintal title match - 15 mins

Team WWE vs Nexus - 40 mins...

Here we will have a card with over 100 minutes of wrestling...thats equivilent to 1 hr and 45 mins approx.. that shouldn't be too bad..because they we have them promos before every match whcih can last up to 5 mins each, we have entrances with take away just voer 5 mins per match, endings of matches where we look at replays etc. we have the commentators talk after every match etc...I think it could work out fine!!

I ordering this PPV for sure, yes it may not have a stacked card but it looks decent enouhg for me to order.The WWE can make a decent PPV these days they just seem to slack off.The reason that they used to have 6 fueds going at once was because they were two brands which there still is.But they have all joint PPV which they didn't have back in 2006 or before.So they had to make more feuds.The average PPV has this a base:

Raw Presents; WWE Championship Match
Smackdown Presents; World Heavyweight Championship Match
Raw Presents; Divas Match
Smackdown Presents; Divas Match

Then maybe two or more feuds from each show and that is a PPV these days.Why, because they don't have to have multiple feuds anymore other than for the enjoyment of the fans.They have joint PPV which allows them to use less feuds.Plus the World Heavyweight Championship and WWE title are the most important things in the WWE so why shouldn' they put focus on them.Each superstar wants them and that is why bthey put the focus on that match.

Well i don'T see it like this, sure the build up was weaker then in other years but if you look at the card from top to bottom, you actually got a lot of good build up for most of the matches.

Randy Orton vs Sheamus: I never love Orton and i don'T necessarily care about this match but the build-up was great and make the fans believe that they Orton got a chance of winning on sunday.

Team WWE vs Nexus: Great build-up for this match and it showed that this is the focal point of the PPV. The whole will they be able to co-exist angle they did on Raw was just great and will have fan buying the PPV to find out.

Kane vs Rey Mysterio: Again really good build up and the fact they use Mysterio to start the reveal of kane being the attacker is just plain genius and i'm guessing that Undertaker will make an apparence on Sunday.

Melina Vs Alicia Fox: O.K. really short build-up and while Melina is the most popular diva on the roster you just knew she would get a title match at soon as she return. At less they try to do something with this compare to just trowing 2 diva in a match.

S.E.S vs Big show: this had a really stupid build up with the un-masking of both CM Punk and Joey Mercury but got saved by some great promos from Punk and the beat down was really well done.

Kofi Kingston Vs Dolph Ziggler: Probably the best feud going on Smackdown right and having Kofi lose the title to Dolph because of Vickie and the beat down Kofi gaves Dolph after the match was a great touch. It made me want to see the rematch.

So as you see, all six matches have been build-up feud so sure The Summerslam isn'T as strong as some of the other Summerslam card but they did the best they could with what they had and their some feud that make me want to see what's going to happen next and that the most important thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back