• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General "Too many ppvs" complaining / restructure the PPV schedule thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im with Ministryofdeath on this one.

I'd go one step further and just do away with all the ppv's except the big 4: Rumble, Mania, SSlam, and S.Series.

4 ppvs. One for every season. Rumble in winter. Mania in Spring. Summerslam in Summer. SSeries in the fall. The only reason they ever expanded to 12 PPVS in the first place was because WCW had a ppv every month. There's no WCW to compete with anymore, so why have 14 ppvs a year? It oversaturates the product.

To spice up S.Series, I'd add the old Fall Brawl:War Games match from WCW as the new S.Series tradition. They could use the Elim Chamber or Hell In A Cell for it. I'd except 6 ppv's a year. Maybe one every second month. But I still like the old 4 ppv format.

At the very least I'd do away with the 3 generic ppvs that follow Wrestlemania (Extreme Rules, OTL, Capitol Punishment.) April-June is the weakest time of the year for WWE. Mania has just ended and all the big storylines have been resolved. Or at least they should be.

I've always felt WWE needs an off-season. Every sports league and tv show has an off season. No one goes 365 days a year. I believe April-June should be the WWE's off season. Give the performers time to heal - which could save lives- and give the creative team time to come up with months worth of new feuds and characters for the coming season.

Fans would understand the need for these wrestlers to get 2 months off. And we'd all be anxious for the new seaons to start to find out what new fresh ideas they came up with while they were away. Start the new season with the Draft and go from there.

Bottom line: Vince thinks more ppvs means more buy rates which means more money. Unfortunately he's wrong. More ppvs doesnt necessarily mean more buy rates. The more ppvs you have the less special they become and the less inclined folks are to buy each one. You could make the same amount of money, if not more, and get more buy rates with 4 very hyped up ppv's that felt like a big deal.

I don't think this is an idea WWE would ever put in place, WWE will lose more money, more talented wrestlers will be cut and Professional Wrestling as a whole will hurt from it. Think of all the house show's they do and how much money they would lose by not doing them. A rotation policy could possibly be used for the house shows but it could leave a lot of fans dissapointed. Also the little kids will probably forget half the roster and WWE will have to build them all up again, something they don't always do so well. Whilst from a health point of view an off season is good, from a business point of view it is very bad and you know WWE, it's all about the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back