WWE Doing Another Live SD! Special

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It was announced earlier today by Syfy in a press release that there's going to be another "Super SmackDown!" airing live on November 29, which is on Tuesday, and the replay will be shown on Friday during the show's usual timeslot.

I'm not surprised that they've decided to do another live special as the one they did back in August did draw big numbers. Again, this could be a fun show as long as they don't try to have Raw dominate the show. Advertised for the show in the press release are only SD! stars at the moment: World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry, Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Big Show, Christian, Sin Cara, Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, Natalya and Alicia Fox.

I enjoyed the live show a lot, hope they can put on another good card. I believe the last live edition featured Orton vs. Christian in the Steel Cage and that was one hell of a match - as most of the Orton/Christian meetings have been.

Probably another test to see if going to a weekly live Smackdown would be the best choice for viewership and numbers. If the first one drew large numbers, they're probably thinking, "If the second draws around the same, we may have to look into this further." Also, the live Smackdown is better due to the simple fact it eliminates spoilers - something I personally have no problem with, but I know some can't help but read.

Yes! I really enjoyed the live smackdown back in august much more than I thought i would have due to SD usually being disappointing whenever they advertise it big. "Smackdown's premier on a new network!" those shows often are underwhelming and that is the way i predicted live SD in august would go.

I hope they put in more amount of effort into making this show better than the weekly smackdown every week, like they did with the previous live show. I can honestly say that it will bring in big numbers with the Raw stars making an appearance, and having the small # of spoiler fans tune in. I am looking forward to this.

Another trial to see how Smackdown does live?

I liked the the last live SuperSmackdown. Orton and Christian had a great cage match (best tv match of the year, imo), and they did the Punk and Triple H contract signing. Though, I wasn't too crazy seeing Cena basically have a glorified squash match with Barrett. :lmao:

Well, this is great news. They really seem to be laying the foundations for the real move to Tuesday Nights. Especially with the moves of NXT and SuperStars to different nights. Well, I think they've been moved, right?

Anyway, live equal ratings and Tuesday is a rubbish night on the telly so I'd be happy.

EDIT: Why do they keep advertising Alicia Fox as if she were a draw? Yeah, draw of semen out of male genitalia.

I like this, I don't watch SmackDown because I work Friday nights AND can read spoilers...I would actually watch if it were live on Tuesdays. So hopefully this becomes permanent

I don't know if another live SD is a good idea. I thought the last one was disappointing and the crowd seemed to have forgotten that it was a LIVE show. Oh, and that big rating was for the one last year, which was a 2.5. The one in August was more 'meh' then 'eh?'

I'm all for this. The most recent live SD was a nice show and was pretty exciting. The ratings were good and this is definitely a good move. If the rating trend continues to rise for a live SD I believe this could lead to a more consistent role of SD being live in the near future. At least I imagine that is what we'd all like to see happen though. I'm with Jack-Hammer though here. We need to have this one be less dominated by Raw and focused more on the SD side of things. Seeing as this is soon after Survivor Series though this will likely have some heavy Raw programming, but hopefully that isn't completely the case and we see a great night of wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back