WWE Doesn't Have Much Time Left

It's time for the WWE to shake things up, make story lines that are worth watching, and ppv's that don't feel like a WAIST OF MONEY. the Royal Rumble had good and bad moments. The good being a decent match for the WWEC. and the end to the Rumble too was cool. The rest of it seemed like a Raw or SD show, and the first half of the rumble match was way too childish, although some kids may have liked it. I like the Punk, jericho story line, the Undertaker, Game one is getting interesting too. I'm pretty sure Sheamus will pick the WHC. to fight, now it's just a matter of will it be Bryan or Orton, or possibly both in a triple threat match which is what I think is going happen. The cena, Kane thing seems like a fill in for cena to have something to deal with til mania, i believe. I doubt he'll turn heel, it's just another storyline to get our hopes up. I hope the Rock embareses cena at Mania. So then, so far this year WWE is doing decent, but if anytime in the year WWE would be interesting, it would be Mania season. i hope it don't go all downhill after Mania. I don't think the WWE are going anywhere right now, but if they don't get it together soon I could see it happening down the road in 5 years or so.

No, the IWC marks wanted Jericho. Where are your facts? If no one wanted Sheamus to win this year's Royal Rumble, he wouldn't be as over as he is. And he's over HUGE.
I wouldnt say that the IWC marks (thats a completely incorrect term, btw) were the only ones who wanted Jericho. The fans went nuts when Jericho showed up. Even though sheamus has been over this past month hes no where near Jericho. Jericho was the logical choice, and everyone, both IWC and the casual TV fan know that if hes returning at this point in time and theres no other guy really competing for the WWE title, hes going to be involved in the title match at Mania.
He's over huge in India. He isn't Jinder Mahal with no fan base. Khali has a huge fan base in India. That's why he's kept around. If anything, that's good business.
But what does he add to the product? Hes not going to win another title, he cant do any sort of promo, his best days are past him. I think having a strong fan base in india is the last thing WWE should be worried about. There are other ways to make indian fans tune in without upsetting the fans back in the states.

Wasn't Raw up the last few weeks? Just saying.
Its common sense for RAW to do big numbers on the post RR show. Post PPV shows almost always draw huge numbers, it doesnt mean that ratings are generally increasing.

I don't see how this has anything to do with the WWE not having much time left.
Well I guess he didnt elaborate on his point but I guess he was touching on the fact that the current announcers have exhausted their purpose. WWE's announcers are involved in some ridiculous rivalry, they're not calling the matches like they're supposed to and other sports including TNA have professional announcers who dont make the show unbearable to watch.

Those types of prices aren't stopping anyone from filling up Madison Square Garden or Wrestlemania XXVIII.
MSG and Mania are special events. Of course people are willing to pay a little extra since they're supposed to be expecting a little extra.

Again, says you.
Again, I think its been the general opinion that storylines arent what they used to be. I dont understand how you can be so detached from what WWE fans think when you're regularly on this site.

No. We don't need anymore shitty factions.
You're a hypocrite. You call this guy out for making his opinions into general statements but yet you make a general statements like this and act likes its a fact. Factions are always regarded are some of the greatest things to happen to wrestling. The Four Horsemen and nWo made WCW what it was. DX led the Attitude Era in some sense. Evolution created two great stars in Randy Orton and Batista and made Triple H the ultimate heel champion. Sure, there were ups and downs but in retrospect these factions offered more good than bad to their respective companies.

----------------------------------------------------------
Now on to my opinion. Sure WWE will be "around" in the sense that it will always have stock holders and someone interested enough to run the day to day operations or perform on camera but the question is will it be relevant. Its always diminishing as one of the top forms of entertainment for young people to watch. They're either avoiding the violence or watching UFC. Its embarrassing to say you're a wrestling fan these days. When you walk down the street or into a bar you'll hear people discussing baseball, basketball, Hockey and sometimes boxing. Seldom will you ever hear someone having a conversation about wrestling. With WWE losing its core fan base its losing its purpose to entertain. Its going to end up being one of those companies that have huge amounts of money but arent on the top of people's minds. The whole point of American wrestling is to come up with a form of entertainment that incorporates fighting as well as making a cultural connection. It seems like WWE is trying too hard one day to master the fighting part that they forget the part about making a cultural connection and vice versa for the next.

Look here it is...

The WWE will NEVER go away.

Even though you have these complaints...your watching arent you? The WWE's ratings are dropping. But lets face it a 3.20 IS still pretty good. For every complaint wwe has..They have something good about it. Yes, Cole is annoying, Khali cant wrestle, and its PG.

Can we ever look at the cons of WWE? The future looks brighter than it ever has in the "E" Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett, and Sheamus are leading the way into a fantastic future! WWE is not terrible and will not go away any time soon. The WWE is not getting worse....They are going to get BETTER!

Respect your opinion....but the WWE will never go away and will always be the top dog in Pro-Wrestling buisness!

I think people need to stop assuming that just because someone dislikes the current product it means they want the attitude era back. I didn't see anywhere that the OP said he wanted the attitude era back. He brought up some truthful points. I mean he is complaining because there is alot wrong with the WWE at this point of time.

Brand-Split
This to me is what is killing the WWE right now. Is there a brand split or not? The only people who compete on raw are Main Eventers. How do you expect to build up any kind of tag team division or wrestlers if the Main Eventers from raw and smackdown only show up on raw? Either you have smackdown wrestlers just wrestle on smackdown and same for raw or just join the brands together.

Gimmicks
People need gimmicks that stand out. Look at Brodus Clay, he has a character and people actually care about what he is doing. Look at Del Rio he is supposed to be a Mexican Aristocrat. But we NEVER see him do anything that pertains to his gimmick. Whilst he is injured right now he should be on TV every week buying out superstars to win titles for him and pissing off a top faces like John Cena or something.

Midcard
Cody Rhodes has done nothing for the IC title because he never defends it! He needs to defend his title regularly. Midcard titles are not like World titles where they are defended once a month. They should be defend alot. And Jack Swagger needs to be seen on RAW. I mean for god sakes how can your US champion have missed 2 weeks of tv time! And people like dolph ziggler, kofi kingston, wade barret, and the miz (yes i said the miz) need to be challenging for these titles. None of them are ready for the Main Event and if they are they need something to compete for whilst there not there.

Divisions
The WWE could easily get people to care about the tag division. I mean for the first few weeks they could show video packages that hype up the importance of tag team wrestling and bam they can introduce the 4 other tag teams in the WWE that compete on superstars and nxt. And all the Divas division needs is some lengthy matches. I wanna see people like Eve and kelly kelly pushed to there limits.

Commentary
Keep Smackdown commentary the same way it is. It's fantastic. Take Michael Cole off RAW and bring bacl Jim Ross. For whatever reason jr brings this big match feel to everything lol

Yeah these are my opinions. But i can't see how people can honestly think that the product the WWE puts out right now is good. It has its good moments yes(Like Sheamus winning the Royal Rumble).

I wouldnt say that the IWC marks (thats a completely incorrect term, btw) were the only ones who wanted Jericho. The fans went nuts when Jericho showed up. Even though sheamus has been over this past month hes no where near Jericho. Jericho was the logical choice, and everyone, both IWC and the casual TV fan know that if hes returning at this point in time and theres no other guy really competing for the WWE title, hes going to be involved in the title match at Mania.

Sheamus has been over for almost half a year now. Sheamus needed it a way lot more than Jericho did. Jericho can still be involved in a title match without needing to win the Rumble. HBK was the logical choice to win in 2007 but he didn't and he was still in a title match.

But what does he add to the product? Hes not going to win another title, he cant do any sort of promo, his best days are past him. I think having a strong fan base in india is the last thing WWE should be worried about. There are other ways to make indian fans tune in without upsetting the fans back in the states.

Khali isn't taking time away from anybody or taking a roster spot away. I can spot plenty of wrestlers who currently serve less purpose than Khali.

Just so everyone knows im speaking from a what if scenario.

If somebody told you ten years from now that the wrestling promotion we all know and love( and can sometimes hate) the WWE were to go out of buisness what would your reaction be? It wouldn't be taken over by TNA or any other wrestling promotion, Vince kept it all but just came to the conclusion that he just wanted it all to end? So here's my questions.

What if you knew ten years from now the WWE would just go away?

What would Vince Mcmahon/Mcmahons do then?

What would happen to the professional wrestling world?

WWE didn't want to waste a Rumble win on someone who'll walk away in the coming months. WWE made the right decision. Sheamus is over. The fact that he's over and not booed proves I'm right here.
Doesn't matter. He draws. If you draw, you deserve a spot on the roster. End of.
Its common sense for RAW to do big numbers on the post RR show. Post PPV shows almost always draw huge numbers, it doesnt mean that ratings are generally increasing.
Doesn't mean the ratings are decreasing. They're steady.
Well I guess he didnt elaborate on his point but I guess he was touching on the fact that the current announcers have exhausted their purpose. WWE's announcers are involved in some ridiculous rivalry, they're not calling the matches like they're supposed to and other sports including TNA have professional announcers who dont make the show unbearable to watch.
Announcers don't draw. Has nothing to do with WWE going under. Irrelevant.
MSG and Mania are special events. Of course people are willing to pay a little extra since they're supposed to be expecting a little extra.
And what evidence do you have that the WWE isn't drawing fans to live events besides a couple shows last year that did poorly?
Again, I think its been the general opinion that storylines arent what they used to be. I dont understand how you can be so detached from what WWE fans think when you're regularly on this site.
Says you. Because you say it's the general opinion means it true.
You're a hypocrite.
And you're a twat.
You call this guy out for making his opinions into general statements but yet you make a general statements
Like you? Oh, it's the general opinion :rolleyes:
like this and act likes its a fact. Factions are always regarded are some of the greatest things to happen to wrestling.
Yeah, the last couple of times the WWE tried to do factions they failed. I'm going completely off of facts here. If you would pull your head out of your ass, you'd see that.
The Four Horsemen and nWo made WCW what it was. DX led the Attitude Era in some sense. Evolution created two great stars in Randy Orton and Batista and made Triple H the ultimate heel champion. Sure, there were ups and downs but in retrospect these factions offered more good than bad to their respective companies.
What was the last successful faction in the WWE beside DX? My point exactly.

I'm not going to argue and have a quote by quote war with you again because is common knowledge around here that you are one of the most stubborn idiots on these boards. No matter what anyone says, or how much it makes sense, you'll never get it.

Look here it is...

The WWE will NEVER go away.

Even though you have these complaints...your watching arent you? The WWE's ratings are dropping. But lets face it a 3.20 IS still pretty good. For every complaint wwe has..They have something good about it. Yes, Cole is annoying, Khali cant wrestle, and its PG.

Can we ever look at the cons of WWE? The future looks brighter than it ever has in the "E" Ziggler, Rhodes, Barrett, and Sheamus are leading the way into a fantastic future! WWE is not terrible and will not go away any time soon. The WWE is not getting worse....They are going to get BETTER!

Respect your opinion....but the WWE will never go away and will always be the top dog in Pro-Wrestling buisness!

Yea, people said that about the NWA from 1950- 1990. Lasted a long time but it eventually fell. It's still around and actually growing again, recovering some territories. However it isn't what it was.To say the WWE will always be the Top Dog when 14 years ago it was nearly trampled by the WCW's new NWO Faction for 84 strait weeks is a bit naive.

Right now as far as in ring performers go TNA and RoH both have the WWE beaten, it's not really close. Problem is that RoH doesn't have the tv deal and TNA's head of creative always seem to have us scratching our heads. What does the WWE really have that those two don't, life long fan loyalty. People are loyal to the brand and loyalty speaks volumes. What they DONT have is the loyalty of the seven million US citizens that were WCW fans, like myself. We watched the WWE because we loved wrestling, as they got more ridiculous we began seeking out TNA, RoH, local NWA events, and we now have 1.4 million former WCW viewers watching TNA and another million watching RoH. Others simply stopped watching all together, others found UFC to take the place.

In the last 12 years the WWE has lost millions of viewers and now are getting by largely off brand loyalty which can never be discounted. However unless the WWE can pull off something to make themselves main stream again they will be in trouble at some point.

The Mega Powers aren't around to make things interesting, the Horsemen aren't going to mug Dusty Rhodes outside Titan Towers and break his hand with a ball bat, quite frankly Vince has had big grapefruits in the past but with his wife in politics, with the network and FCC bearing down with political correctness, and all of the other stuff going on with television today, I think Vinces grapefruits are too shriveled up to make the call to do things that will make the WWE main stream again.

Remember, Pro Wrestling in a way started the Reality TV craze in the late 80's, as big as reality tv is now I am shocked that even CM Punk's reality angle fizzled. Why? Because Vince nor creative have the grapefruits at this time to throw all in on an idea, even one as basic as going back to the basics of wrestling reality. Maybe one day they will, but right now, they're boring and will continue to have a slowly declining fan base because of it.

Sheamus has been over for almost half a year now. Sheamus needed it a way lot more than Jericho did. Jericho can still be involved in a title match without needing to win the Rumble. HBK was the logical choice to win in 2007 but he didn't and he was still in a title match.
Sheamus' big push didnt start until a while ago, maybe it was a bit more than a month but definitely not half a year ago. Half a year ago he was helping Mark Henry look dominant by getting thrown through the barricade. Sheamus didnt need anything. Hes a former WWE champion. Jericho's career is almost over, it would've been fitting to give him this last honor. Imo Sheamus isnt even ready for the main event at Mania having lost all this steam in an idle rivalry with Mahal. WWE is looking for the biggest Mania this year, it would've been great to mention that the #1 contender for the title was so determined to make it to Mania that he won the Rumble, not that he lost to someone who doesnt have half the experience he has.

Khali isn't taking time away from anybody or taking a roster spot away. I can spot plenty of wrestlers who currently serve less purpose than Khali.
But those wrestlers are young and have a career ahead of them. What actual purpose those Khali serve by walking in and chopping a couple of people in the head? Wrestling was fine without him and hes just taking up time as far as I'm concerned.

WWE didn't want to waste a Rumble win on someone who'll walk away in the coming months. WWE made the right decision. Sheamus is over. The fact that he's over and not booed proves I'm right here.
People cheer for the moment. If Orton, Punk, Taker, Triple H, or even Jericho himself would've won people would have still cheered. The fact that someone is a little more relevant that they were last year doesnt automatically mean they should be awarded such a prestige as the RR win. Look at all the past winners. They've been big name established stars just like Jericho. Jericho isnt just walking away for the hell of it, his career is coming to an end and a RR win would've been a fitting end. Think about it, Sheamus has years to win a Rumble, Jericho is expected to be gone in months.

Doesn't matter. He draws. If you draw, you deserve a spot on the roster. End of.
He doesnt "draw". He makes a couple of Indian guys feel like theres someone on the roster thats the same as them. I'm pretty sure hes not the only reason those Indian people are watching.

Doesn't mean the ratings are decreasing. They're steady.
Ok, but you tried to use the past RR show as an example of the ratings going up, which they''re not. Accept when you lose in an argument, it makes things much easier.

Announcers don't draw. Has nothing to do with WWE going under. Irrelevant.
Announcers are still an aspect of the show. They set the mood for whatever match is going on, whether its a main event or a squash match. Many people agree that JR really sets the tone for the show. Theres nothing wrong with pleasing your audience. If someone is already unhappy with WWE and they see Jerry and Cole start punching eachother or talk about irrelevant shit, they're going to say its ridiculous and just change the channel. The whole Cole vs King thing is unnecessary.

And what evidence do you have that the WWE isn't drawing fans to live events besides a couple shows last year that did poorly?
Umm...that is the evidence. The shows with empty seats are the evidence that WWE isnt drawing as many fans to live events as they used to. And I wouldnt use the word "a couple" to describe the amount of live events that were a dissaster. This wasnt even my point, I was just saying high prices for Mania and MSG actually make sense because you KNOW something big is going to happen as opposed to a live event which is a gamble.

Says you. Because you say it's the general opinion means it true.
No, its not because I say so, its because it is what it is. You cant shun down the truth and then cry fallacy. Thats immature. Any sane fan would tell you storylines havent been up to par with what WWE was doing a couple of years ago. You dont want to accept it, and you think that by closing your eyes and denying something its going to go away.

And you're a twat.
You're so mature. You understand I'm not calling you a name like some bully at high school, you're actually being hypocritical.

Like you? Oh, it's the general opinion :rolleyes:
But unlike what you say, the exaples I and the OP provided werent stupidly bashing something because they dont appeal to use while CLEARLY ignoring wrestling history.

Yeah, the last couple of times the WWE tried to do factions they failed. I'm going completely off of facts here. If you would pull your head out of your ass, you'd see that.
Give me the examples. Last faction we saw was Nexus, which ended bad but was originally good. It gave us Wade Barrett and basically saved the dull 2010 period of Cena winning every single match.

What was the last successful faction in the WWE beside DX? My point exactly.
The Nexus.

I'm not going to argue and have a quote by quote war with you again because is common knowledge around here that you are one of the most stubborn idiots on these boards. No matter what anyone says, or how much it makes sense, you'll never get it.
Oh shit man I'm shivering. Listen, just because an opinion is popular on a message board, it doesnt mean its scripture. Theres a majority on this site because these internet forums attract a certain kind of person. Its like why Star Wars conventions bring in more geeks than football players. Of course theres always a minority but that doesnt mean they're automatically wrong. I'm not going to sit here and explain to you one by ones the ideals that the IWC fans have about wrestling that are just plain ol wrong, or that theres no illuminati of the WZ forums looking down at me as some stubborn degenerate while I type. I'm simply going to direct you to my reps which show that there are others on this site that agree with me. Not a HUGE number, but as long as there are people out there who want an idea to get across on this site I'll be an ambassador to those ideas, no matter how much you or any of your little friends dislikes it.

To Mr. or Mrs. I'll ring your bell with da truth. The Attitude Era was dine by desperation and survival as WCW was kicking their butt by Stealing all the talent and putting on Crazy episodes of Nitro and Thunder. WWE will be around for a long time coming as long as tey have the drive and heart they will be still there. Go and watch the Monday Night Wars DVD or The Rise and Fall of WCW as them are the sources. As long as McMahon will making that "MONAY, MONAY, YEAH YEAH!" we will still be watching it. I really didn't care much for the Attitude Era as I was a Teenager during it. I didn't like all that blood as it was boring as everyone was blading then juicing it all out. That ERA also took one helluva toll on every Star then plus at least over 50 from that time have passed on from various things the most common were Heart Attacks or Overdosing. I love the more family orientated product over the hardcore adult based crap back then.

In closing: Great Idea but I whole-heartly disagree about the WWE Ending anytime soon.

Wow another person complaining about the PG Rating,how original. Like Headman says does nobody remember when Vince was on the verge of going out of Business when WCW was breathing down his neck? By the time Bret Hart was on his way out to going to WCW the WWF/E was in finacial peril as I remember Bret saying on Wrestling with Shawdows.

From about 1993-to Late 1997 the Company was in finacial trouble and losing Money despite still drawing well wherever they went. I get so tired of people wishing & hoping for the Attitude Era to come back. Yes that Era was good overall as were the 80's but right now is not as bad as some make it out to be.

WWE is still doing pretty well and making Money hand over fist right now. So stop with the Im trying to fix things thread.

You just make it too easy sometimes. I know you'll never understand anything that means anything, but...
People cheer for the moment. If Orton, Punk, Taker, Triple H, or even Jericho himself would've won people would have still cheered. The fact that someone is a little more relevant that they were last year doesnt automatically mean they should be awarded such a prestige as the RR win. Look at all the past winners. They've been big name established stars just like Jericho. Jericho isnt just walking away for the hell of it, his career is coming to an end and a RR win would've been a fitting end. Think about it, Sheamus has years to win a Rumble, Jericho is expected to be gone in months.
1. Jericho's a third teir superstar at best. Established, sure but he isn't as big as you think.

2. Jericho doesn't need a Rumble win. He could retire tomorrow and have a successful career.

3. LJL proved you wrong. Sheamus has been hugely over for the last year. He won and rightfully so. Jericho and Punk's feud didn't need the Rumble to start their feud. There's already something there - the right to be called best in the world.
He doesnt "draw". He makes a couple of Indian guys feel like theres someone on the roster thats the same as them. I'm pretty sure hes not the only reason those Indian people are watching.
Pretty sure. Hmmm. Khali is on tv in India. He's in movies, commercials and everything. He draws. Saying he doesn't makes you look dumb. Also, can you prove he doesn't draw. The fact that he's on tv and whatnot over in India proves youre wrong.
Ok, but you tried to use the past RR show as an example of the ratings going up, which they''re not. Accept when you lose in an argument, it makes things much easier.
They did go up. And they've been consistent for the last few years.
Announcers are still an aspect of the show.
But not draws. So it's irrelevant in how the WWE will go under.

Don't dance around it moron.
Umm...that is the evidence. The shows with empty seats are the evidence that WWE isnt drawing as many fans to live events as they used to. And I wouldnt use the word "a couple" to describe the amount of live events that were a dissaster.
List them please.
This wasnt even my point, I was just saying high prices for Mania and MSG actually make sense because you KNOW something big is going to happen as opposed to a live event which is a gamble.
And that proves how the WWE will go under?
No, its not because I say so, its because it is what it is.
Says who exactly? Where's this popular opinion you speak of?
You cant shun down the truth and then cry fallacy. Thats immature. Any sane fan would tell you storylines havent been up to par with what WWE was doing a couple of years ago. You dont want to accept it, and you think that by closing your eyes and denying something its going to go away.
Again, says you. They're fine. You don't want to accept that theyre fine, and you think by closing your eyes and denying something will make it go away. Yeah...
You're so mature.
Means nothing. Irrelvant.
[/QUOTE]You understand I'm not calling you a name like some bully at high school, you're actually being hypocritical.[/QUOTE]
Irrelevant. You're still a twat.
Give me the examples. Last faction we saw was Nexus, which ended bad but was originally good. It gave us Wade Barrett and basically saved the dull 2010 period of Cena winning every single match.

The Nexus.
Nexus failed because no one got over and remained over. I don't care about WWE writing and whatnot, each member failed to remain over. Same with Corre. The WWE doesn't need anymore factions when the last two proved to be failures.
Oh shit man I'm shivering. Listen, just because an opinion is popular on a message board, it doesnt mean its scripture. Theres a majority on this site because these internet forums attract a certain kind of person. Its like why Star Wars conventions bring in more geeks than football players. Of course theres always a minority but that doesnt mean they're automatically wrong. I'm not going to sit here and explain to you one by ones the ideals that the IWC fans have about wrestling that are just plain ol wrong, or that theres no illuminati of the WZ forums looking down at me as some stubborn degenerate while I type. I'm simply going to direct you to my reps which show that there are others on this site that agree with me. Not a HUGE number, but as long as there are people out there who want an idea to get across on this site I'll be an ambassador to those ideas, no matter how much you or any of your little friends dislikes it.
The WWE won't go under because of youre the minority and you like football and starwars and all this other crap i didn't read...which makes it irrelevant.

The OP listed no reason why the WWE is going under, just what he doesn't like about the WWE's current product. Then all you do is see my post and decided to spew out your bullshit. It doesn't matter. The WWE isn't going down anytime soon. There are always going to be low points in a sport, doesn't mean the WWE will fade away. Saying so makes you look stupid.

EDIT
I'm simply going to direct you to my reps which show that there are others on this site that agree with me.
Haha! Just saw this. I guess that's why you have one rep power, and I have 7. Rep is irrelevant dude. Don't use it as something to fall back on.

You just make it too easy sometimes. I know you'll never understand anything that means anything, but...

1. Jericho's a third teir superstar at best. Established, sure but he isn't as big as you think.
Did you not hear the pop when he returned? The crowd always goes wild for the first Undisputed champ. As far as how over I think he is, hes a notch under The Rock. The guy is big.
2. Jericho doesn't need a Rumble win. He could retire tomorrow and have a successful career.
No ones denying that but the RR would've been a nice way to close his career instead of giving it to a guy whos not at WM level yet and has many years to reach the status of the past few RR winners.

3. LJL proved you wrong. Sheamus has been hugely over for the last year. He won and rightfully so. Jericho and Punk's feud didn't need the Rumble to start their feud. There's already something there - the right to be called best in the world.
I never said it needed the Rumble to start the rivalry, I'm just saying it gives it a little extra thats going to make for a good legacy along the line. You dont want to be telling the story of what should be a great rivalry and having to add that even though Jericho was the more logical choice to win the Rumble, he lost to Sheamus.

Pretty sure. Hmmm. Khali is on tv in India. He's in movies, commercials and everything. He draws. Saying he doesn't makes you look dumb. Also, can you prove he doesn't draw. The fact that he's on tv and whatnot over in India proves youre wrong.
Its India. Companies there are taking advantage of his little notoriety in the sates to sell merch. That doesnt mean that hes a draw. A draw is someone like Punk, Kane, Taker, Cena....someone that makes people flock to the stands. Khali simply isnt that. Hes just that guy that we know is going to show up on SD whenever a guy whos too small is looking strong. It wouldnt hurt if they used him to push Mahal, if thats even possible.

They did go up. And they've been consistent for the last few years.
No, they havent been going up. RAW's stayed at around the 3.0 to mid 3 section for a while now. Ayways your example was wrong. You claimed that they went up these past few weeks when in fact they only went up the show after the RR because post PPV shows draw bigger numbers.

But not draws. So it's irrelevant in how the WWE will go under.
But they contribute to the overall appeal to the show. The current announcing situation is in poor taste. Thats like having a sign that says "Burn Blacks" on the titantron. Its in poor taste but as long as its not a competitor in the ring its not going to make people switch the channel, right?

List them please.
They were on the WZ home page but our course my top priority in life is not to remember the exact dates of unsuccessful WWE House Shows. Anyway I dont have to list them, in your previous post you just admitted that they exist. I'm sure a simple google search will give you that info, but I lack the time for that kind of research myself.

And that proves how the WWE will go under?
It doesnt. This was your argument, quoted "Those types of prices aren't stopping anyone from filling up Madison Square Garden or Wrestlemania XXVIII. " I'm simply pointing out the fact that WM and MSG prices are of higher value because they're of higher quality.

Says who exactly? Where's this popular opinion you speak of?
I dont know man, maybe on this site, amongst the conversations of wrestling fans. Everyone knows Austin vs Vince, JBL vs Cena, Batista vs Triple H, Orton vs Taker (I could keep going with this) are way better than Punk vs Ziggler, Cena vs Del Rio.

Again, says you. They're fine. You don't want to accept that theyre fine, and you think by closing your eyes and denying something will make it go away. Yeah...
Geez can you just have one ounce of maturity. You know who say? People on this site, all the goddamn time. You on the other hand think that because YOU dont enjoy factions while a lot of people on this site DO enjoy factions (see the factions thread that was circulating not that long ago) that factions shouldnt be around anymore. Thats why you're a hipocrite, because you bash this guy for listing his personal idea as to why he thinks WWE will go under yet you add such a bias observation of factions. There are plenty of people who enjoyed Nexus, DX, Four Horsemen, and nWo.

Means nothing. Irrelvant.
Irrelevant. You're still a twat.
You know I thought it would because typically people who try to prove a point should be aware that the ones who stick to the truth instead of personal attacks are the ones that emerge successful.

Nexus failed because no one got over and remained over. I don't care about WWE writing and whatnot, each member failed to remain over. Same with Corre. The WWE doesn't need anymore factions when the last two proved to be failures.
They got over for the time being and provided an interesting storyline for the time being. Of course it wasnt going to last forever but I bet people would rather have watched the Nexus thing over Cena beating more people throughout the rest of 2010. Also, saying that the WWE should give up on factions because the past couple of them havent been complete successes is like saying WWE should give up on the concept of a tag division because its been shit for a while now, and we know thats a rather hasty approach to a not so serious situation.

The WWE won't go under because of youre the minority and you like football and starwars and all this other crap i didn't read...which makes it irrelevant.
You speak like a drunk. As far as who the WWE caters to, I'm the majority, the TV fan. They dont work to please the 10%. I'm a minority on the IWC because the IWC attracts certain kinds of people. Also, you not reading what I posted shows just how eager you are to claim that you're right and escape the truth.

The OP listed no reason why the WWE is going under, just what he doesn't like about the WWE's current product. Then all you do is see my post and decided to spew out your bullshit. It doesn't matter. The WWE isn't going down anytime soon. There are always going to be low points in a sport, doesn't mean the WWE will fade away. Saying so makes you look stupid.
I NEVER claimed WWE would go under. Read my original post. I just read your argument which had a couple of errors and decided to point them out since its so fun to see you act like a child when the truth is presented.
EDIT

Haha! Just saw this. I guess that's why you have one rep power, and I have 7. Rep is irrelevant dude. Don't use it as something to fall back on.
Literary ability is a virtue. I used the rep as a way to show that there are people here who I admitt are the minority (so it makes sense that you have more rep than me) but I wont turn my backs on them because if we keep quiet just cuz people like you cant accept a new opinion on things then our point will never get across.

I NEVER claimed WWE would go under. Read my original post. I just read your argument which had a couple of errors and decided to point them out since its so fun to see you act like a child when the truth is presented.
No. You saw it was me, decided to try and prove something. That's all you did. If you think the WWE won't go under anytime soon, say so and move on like I did. You quoting my post has absolutely nothing to do with the WWE going under at all. If you never claimed the WWE will go under, this entire argument is pointless. The WWE won't go under. The OP listed reasons he's dissatisfied with the current WWE product (LIKE YOU) not why the WWE is going under. Continue this argument in the WWE general complaints thread, not this one. None of this has anything to do with the WWE going under, why continue dude?

Face it, the WWE isn't going under. Their fan base is still reletively huge. No matter how bad or good the ratings are, they're still one of the most popular entertainment companies in the World. You're arguing just to argue; no reason to it at all.

I couldn't even finish reading that dribble, but I'll say this......the WWE is a global company worth more than any pro basketball football and baseball team combined(look it up). Secondly, they are about to put on one of , if not the greatest Wrestlemania in history. They'll be just fine buddy, just sit back and enjoy the product.

I agree that people need to stop thinking it was all about the attitude era. Looking back, it was only better because of a FEW stars, and without the internet being all huge, everything wasn't over analyzed and spoiled early. They are still one of the highest rated weekly shows and they are pretty consistent when it comes to ratings. I also agree that they aren't very creative but you have to admit that the roster now is a lot better than it was back then as far as in ring talent goes, and the matches in ring are a lot better too. There isn't much of a difference between TV14 and PG anyway. Unless you wanna see dudes in thongs and such, and saying cuzz words that are gonna be bleeped anyway

I kind of agree and disagree with you.
The Attitude Era only had a handful of MAIN EVENT stars, like Austin, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Mick Foley and Vince as the main guys, but WWE had more stars as well like Owen, The Outlaws, X-Pac, Edge, Christian, Hardys, Dudleys, APA etc etc also WWE had the Hardcore division that opened up the low carder guys to shine, Blackman, Raven, Bossman, Al Snow, Holly (Crash and Hardcore) Test, The Meanstreet Posse for example.

What WWE did in the Attitude Era was space tv time equally so everybody got some time, matches were only 2-3 minutes at most. WWE had the Hardcore title mostly opening up the show and use the physicality and the shock value to wow the crowd, then they let guys like Edge, Christian, Test go out and have a few minute match with someone like Kane and they moved up the card to the bigger names, most of the guys didn't wrestle every week as they taped one RAW and have the other live so the whole roster got a chance to for tv time unlike todays product.

Also WWE allowed guys like Dlo and X pac more so to feud over the European title and that went on for months with the title going back and forth, something that doesn't happen nowdays.

WWE seemed to nail the tv time/matches/excitement much better back then than they do nowadays, take out the blood and the smut but use the magic they had back then.

No. You saw it was me, decided to try and prove something. That's all you did. If you think the WWE won't go under anytime soon, say so and move on like I did. You quoting my post has absolutely nothing to do with the WWE going under at all. If you never claimed the WWE will go under, this entire argument is pointless. The WWE won't go under. The OP listed reasons he's dissatisfied with the current WWE product (LIKE YOU) not why the WWE is going under. Continue this argument in the WWE general complaints thread, not this one. None of this has anything to do with the WWE going under, why continue dude?

Face it, the WWE isn't going under. Their fan base is still reletively huge. No matter how bad or good the ratings are, they're still one of the most popular entertainment companies in the World. You're arguing just to argue; no reason to it at all.
I'm not here to bully you dude, as evident from my lack of personal attacks as opposed to ur abundance of personal attacks. You came at the OP with bullshit that doesnt have to do with the argument. Then you derail our argument into an attack of character. I saw errors and I pointed them out, I have a right to do that. You dont want me to do that, then maybe you should stop acting so childish on the internet and I'll do like I do many times on this site and just ignore it. I agree, our argument is pointless if we agree on the major topic. Case closed, argument over.

I couldn't even finish reading that dribble, but I'll say this......the WWE is a global company worth more than any pro basketball football and baseball team combined(look it up). Secondly, they are about to put on one of , if not the greatest Wrestlemania in history. They'll be just fine buddy, just sit back and enjoy the product.

The greatest Wrestlemania in history is a huge stretch. WWE doesn't have enough star power to make it the greatest but the Trips/Taker match should be great. Never excited to see a Cena match, even against The Rock. Other than those two matches I dont see anything that could top Wrestlemania 3, 4, 5, 14, 18, or 20. Now I will say it will top the WM6, 7, 15, and a few others there, but the greatest? Hardly.

I've said this before in other threads WWE will not die but it will change. It's not going to happen until Vince is gone. The company is pulling further and further away from wrestling and moving more toward a multimedia company. I think the wrestling will always be there but will not be the focus.
The fact is Empires fall. WWE is not the company it was for both the better and the worse. They seem to have lost sight of what made them the power that they are. Maybe they will rebound like they have before but in ten years I think the WWE Universe will be a very different place.

The WWE, the greatest wrestling company in the world. The invincible, giant empire, the house that the McMahon's built. They are going to be around forever, or so that's what many people think. Am I calling for the head of WWE? Absolutely not, because realistically, unless you have major access to the indy circuit or international wresling, you really don't have a choice, because TNA, well is TNA. The point is that WWE is simply running out of time, how you ask? They don't have any competition. Your right they don't have any competition, but their biggest competition, if any, is themselves. They are their own worst enemy.

I know I will get some compelling arguments about this, but here's the bottom line:

1. The WWE has a dwindling roster, and don't give me that you have to work the young talent bullshit. You may have to work the young talent, but not at this rate. Sheamus winning the Royal Rumble may have been a huge surprise, but once again, it wasn't what the fans wanted to see, they wanted Jericho. Once again, the WWE has screwed the fans. I don't want to see The Great Khali wrestling anymore, along with Justin Gabriel, David Otunga, and more of the youngsters at this point in time. They are boring as hell and I literally almost fall asleep during every episode of Raw and Smackdown. The biggest thing the WWE has done lately is bringing back Taker and bringing back HBK this coming week. The feuds are getting old, the characters are getting stale, and if the writing team doesn't get creative genius soon, the ratings will keep sinking to the bottom of the sea.

2. The WWE has to take a step back and look at the broadcasting situation. Jim Ross is still employed and is constantly blogging about how he wants to be back behind the table. If the WWE knew what a correct business decision was, they would put him back in the saddle. He can announce like no other and him and the king would be a whole hell of a lot more interesting than freaking Michael Cole. Also, bring back Joey Styles, he is a broadcasting genius, I miss it, bring it back.

3. The prices have to drop, yeah sure, the arenas may be packed show after show, but that is the illusion that they put on. I have read several personal blogs about being at a previous WWE Raw or Smackdown show and they blog constantly about all the empty seats and how they increase from show to show. I browsed the prices of the shows, and they are utterly ridiculous. Why in the hell am I going to pay over $100.00 to sit ringside with all these tacked on ticketmaster fees, when I can sit at home and watch front row on the tv. Come on WWE, pay back your fans for supplying the billions you have made over the years. Another price that has to drop is the PPV's, I know for a damn sure fact that it does not cost 54 dollars to put out a PPV in high definition, get your shit straight.

4. Last but not least, they have to get creative, the story lines have to explode, they don't have that "it" factor anymore and they better step it up, or the fans will eventually drop this product and it will be left in wrestling ruins. My God, create a faction that actually features big names so it will work, everyone hates Cena, turn him into a fan hating heel, tired of seeing all this baby face bullshit. Kane's current angle isn't evil enough, make him meaner than hell, ditch the PG shit, go rated freaking R.

Enough said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, big surprise! Another thread about the decline in WWE. Don't the IWC ever get tired of writing these posts?

1. If WWE has such a dwindling roster, then why do they have two brands still. In fact, there are too many people. I mean, Kaitlyn has done nothing for months, why keep her?

Also, you say that WWE don't bring up young guys, but then bag Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater etc. Isn't that bringing up young guys, you moron?

"The feuds are getting old, the characters are getting stale" etc

Gee, how original, never heard that before. Every freaking muppet on this site repeats the same points over and over, don't they? The fact is you, like many others, can't get over it no longer being the over-rated "Attitude Era", can you? If there isn't one of your old faves you grew up with on-screen, you refuse to care. It's not that the feuds get old and stale, you are getting boring and stale.

2. I agree about the broadcasting situation. Jim Ross should be back in the saddle, and I would have had Michael Cole turn out to be the anonymous "Raw" GM, and play a "21st Century Mr McMahon" character. But Jim Ross needs to stand up to Vince McMahon once and for all, and tell him to stop mocking him, or he will join TNA and call for them. Vince is a businessman, and if he rates J.R. at all, he will relent, and start using him again. J.R. just needs to grow a set and call the boss out, and remind him of his contributions over the years.

3. Why go to a show when I can sit at home? Because it is an "event" to be there, that's why! Nothing beats being there live. What would you rather, watching Wrestlemania, or being in the front row at WM?

You say it costs too much, but so do concerts by your favourite music artist or a season ticket to the baseball or football. If you really care and want to be part of the "experience", you have to pay big bucks, or miss out. That's how it rolls.

You say it doesn't cost that much to stage a PPV. No, it costs millions more. Have you seen their staging set-up during PPVs, or their production values. You're lucky to only be paying $50. Again, if you don't like it, don't pay it, but expect to miss out. But then, you seem to not care about WWE anyway, since you want it dead and all, so it shouldn't bother you the price of a PPV you have no interest in anyway.

4. I agree about getting better writers. Don't get sitcom or soap writers, but they should hire wrestling writers. Paul Heyman would be perfect for this (but I can't see him going back to WWE). Mick Foley could probably write some interesting stuff as well.

However, your argument then degenerates in the old "Get rid of PG, and bring back R-Rated" shit I read all the time on this site. The fact is, advertisers are more open to advertising on "PG" friendly shows. Advertising makes WWE money. Money keeps it in business. The WWE WOULD die if you ran it, since you have no business sense, and want to appeal only to some bottom-feeding degenerate smarks who only want wrestling if there are swear words and boobies.

Also, it's simple arithmetic. If you appeal to kids, and a kid wants to go to a show, they need to take a parent. Instantly, you have sold two tickets, instead of one. A family of five makes the WWE more money than five "Attitude" marks who thinks that wrestling owes them something, when all they have done is run down the product for years. Kids are easier to sell to, and many industries do this now. The WWE wouldn't last three weeks , if idiots like you ran it.

Also, it's simple arithmetic. If you appeal to kids, and a kid wants to go to a show, they need to take a parent. Instantly, you have sold two tickets, instead of one. A family of five makes the WWE more money than five "Attitude" marks who thinks that wrestling owes them something, when all they have done is run down the product for years. Kids are easier to sell to, and many industries do this now. The WWE wouldn't last three weeks , if idiots like you ran it.

Good on you! So you know 1+1=2
How about this... Just a year ago, before this reality era, in the middle of PG, smackdown drew 3000 in attendance, and half of them didn't even pay to see the show. Have you ever seen 3000 in attendance in 98? 99? 00? And even now it's not like they are sold out week after week. In the years of AE (quoting you "the show only consisting of boobies and swears") WWE was breaking records in the number of sold out arenas. I don't know how you can beat that, regardless of what you do... If you can reach a number of 8-9 million watching a show, advertisers will run after you regardless of who you appeal to. When you are throwing dirt to Attitude Era make sure you make more calculations than 1+1=2

I enjoy WWE and have done for years but lets not kid ourselves. Wrestling is 'uncool'. It is glorified ballet with a 'figthing' elemant thrown in and the bumps and scrapes are scripted, it isn't real.

MMA has really taken off and as a legitimate contact sport, it is the 'cooler' of the 2. I would feel much easier at my age walking down the street in a Anderson Silva or BJ Penn shirt than I would Undertaker or Dolph Ziggler.

Wrestling caters for kids now and the Attitude Era is something that will remain in the past.

they cut the throat of every upcoming talent in favour of the established stars and older "legends" (and I use that term loosely, HHH)

Off topic from the op, but I couldnt agree with this statement ANY MORE. The past few weeks before HHH came back we finally started seeing Johnny Ace catching some traction and it seemed like Punk was back in his old "pipebomb" form.

BUT.....

Just like the summer time as soon as things started rolling in the right direction here came HHH to make sure the spotlight was all on him and no one else.

Im sorry, but im going to say it. The Taker\HHH match and Wrestlemania WAS NOT THAT GOOD.

I won't even go into a long argument into why most of you're points make no sense and you're just a mark that hates the product because of the little PG in the top left hand corner. All I'm going to say is this.

How is the business supposed to grow without pushing the younger talent?
Sheamus is one the most over people in the company
Otunga and Gabriel were major parts of the nexus storyline which marks like you drooled over, so now you're just contradicting yourself. The business will never grow and will eventually tube if you where running it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back