The reason WWE doesn't care...

The reason why the Divas and Tag Team Divisions are shit is because WWE doesn't care about one of them. That's the tag division. Seriously, the Hart Dynasty is having problems, the dudebusters don't exist, Curt Hawkins and Vance Archer don't exist. So who are we left with? The Usos, Nexus and Santino and Kozlov? Really? And people say the Divas division is bad... don't get me wrong it is...but seriously? 3 Tag Teams and 1 on the brink of falling apart...WWE simply does not care about the Tag Team division.

The Divas Division...where do I even start lol. I think the Divas division became unwatchable in 2010. For lots of reasons but when you think about it, it got stuffed up.

Beth went out with injury a couple months after Melina was out with injury. What was WWE supposed to do? They had Gail and Natalya on RAW but they were/are both faces, Maryse had her 2 title reigns already who was the last heel they could give it too...Alicia Fox who had to beat Eve, Gail and Maryse in that Fatal Four because Melina couldn't face Eve or Gail. Obviously when Melina returned she needed to face a heel.

On Smackdown, Mickie left, Beth got injured leaving us with LayCool vs Kelly and Tiffany. Tiffany left/ had a thing with Drew and left Kelly to feud with LayCool. 3 Divas on Smackdown...4 if you count Rosa. That's probably why they made Kelly a pro on Season 3 of NXT mind you because LayCool needed to feud with Melina again to Unify the titles at Night Of Champions therfore leading to a RAW #1 Contenders match for the belt which Natalya won and everyone knows the rest.

Does this have anything to do with TNA? Well I haven't watched TNA in ages so I don't really know. Maybe TNA is feeding off WWE unluckiness (if that is a word lol).

My only link to TNA was people saying how much better it is, when they have no more teams then WWE does and other than featuring them more it's still the same 3 teams in the same match every week.

it is ironic though, how i mentioned what's Beer Money doing since they joined Fortune and a week later they actually get involved in Tag Division again :p
but thats still only 3 decent teams, Beer Money, MCMG and to a lesser extent and only based on ring work Gen Me. hardly an awesome Tag Division
Ink Ink are ******ed so don't even get them involved in the mix, least Santino is a comedian and carries that team

Face it Tag Division though not dead by a long shot is not a focal point of "entertainment" anymore. It's been about solo artists for ages, and yes i do agree that there is a severe lack of enthusiasm when it comes to storylines in TNA and WWE, occasionally there's a bright spark but on the whole it's the same thing every month, just different people involved. They need to get rid of the "Hollywood" script writers and involve more people that have a friggin idea of what works in wrestling based entertainment.

I was going to make a thread about why WWE doesn't care about their tag-team division, especially when you compare them with TNA's. Basically tag-team division in WWE consists of 2 guys who were just irrelevant single competitors and formed a tag team. In most cases they don't even have a tag team name, nor they have combo moves. Funny thing is WWE isn't even pushing the division, they are acting like they couldn't care less.

WWE's tag team division has absolutely nothing to do with TNA's tag team division. They're completely different and shouldn't be compared. I agree with you when you say that most of WWE's tag teams are just random singles competitors put together. Not every tag team needs a major name or a combo move though, they can be successful without either. CM Punk and Kofi Kingston, Shawn Michaels and John Cena etc.

WWE acts like they couldn't care less?...the last time I checked, you didn't have an experience in booking the biggest professional wrestling promotion on the planet. Just saying.

Then i started thinking, tag-team division is not the only one that WWE doesn't care about. Divas are not the best as well, we have been seeing Lay-Cool everywhere and whoever their opponent is, becomes a relevant diva thats about it. Coincidentally TNA is pushing knockouts in their show as much as they can. Coincidently.

WWE just introduced some brand new Divas and crowned a new Divas Champion whilst still keeping the best Divas on either brand, Laycool, in a formidable rivalry with the current champion. Whether you like it or not the Divas division is actually fine and Laycool are probably the best Divas in WWE. Yeah, again TNA's knockouts have nothing to do with WWE's Divas so they shouldn't be compared.

Another coincident was about the cruiserweights, WWE getting rid of the division whereas TNA pushed cruiserweights all the way until recently.

WWE hasn't had any cruiserweights for a long time. I don't see why you'd spend the time to create a WWE thread, only to be completely biased towards it and compare all of WWE's aspects to TNA's.

My question is are they all coincidents? Could there be a reason why WWE doesn't promote these divisions. Maybe it's WWE's way of saying "we don't care about TNA" and instead of making these divisions competitive, they don't push them at all. Or it can be some other reason. Maybe they don't want to push it in case they fail to attract. What do you think? What is your reason? Are these all coincidents?

Like I said earlier, you don't have any booking experience, yet you're still complaining about WWE not pushing some of their divisions. Yeah, some of the divisions may have lacked certain things over the past few years, but comparing everything to TNA is only going to make your life harder. WWE do infact care about TNA, they just don't show it and take shots at them because they don't have to. They're already the most successful wrestling industry and have been one of the best since the 50s. I'm not being biased towards TNA, I'm just telling you how it is. Comparing WWE to TNA is only going to make your forum life harder.

Hi everyone,

I was going to make a thread about why WWE doesn't care about their tag-team division, especially when you compare them with TNA's.

Uhmm, why bring up TNA? Different promotions.

Then i started thinking, tag-team division is not the only one that WWE doesn't care about. Divas are not the best as well, we have been seeing Lay-Cool everywhere and whoever their opponent is, becomes a relevant diva thats about it. Coincidentally TNA is pushing knockouts in their show as much as they can. Coincidently.

Again...This is NOT TNA!

Another coincident was about the cruiserweights, WWE getting rid of the division whereas TNA pushed cruiserweights all the way until recently

Wow you are consistently annoying.

Maybe it's WWE's way of saying "we don't care about TNA" and instead of making these divisions competitive, they don't push them at all.

Hey, DUNCE, the WWE had all these divisions before TNA was even a thought in the heads of Jeff and Jerry.

The WWE has a complicated situation here. TONS of potential tag teams, low interest rate. The marks don't wanna see great tag teams like us REAL wrestling fans. They wanna see...John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Orton. They wanna see one guy fight another guy with a huge storyline stuck to it, and they want to see this repeated over and over and motherfucking over until they die of repetition. NOT US! We want diversity! But WE are the minority. The requirements of the many out weigh that of the few. Face it, little kids and dumb adults fucked the life out of our great sport.

BUT THERE IS HOPE! And it lies within the comical abilities of one man and one man only. Santino Marella. Santino is going to make the TT division interesting for the little dumb fucks and the grown up dumb fucks while they build other teams, credible teams, BADASS teams(Hawkins & Barreta....Just throwin' that out there). Only then will the Tag Team division be able to pander to the marks and the real wrestling fans all at once.

Aside from a brief period in the late 80's, the WWF has never cared much about Tag Team wrestling. They went with a lot of teams that came in but were never dedicated toward growing a future. They use the belts more as a way to get singles guys over more than anything else.

As for the crusierweights, WWE never cared about them. I thought they tried in the late 90's simply because they felt it was a trend. They had one of the best ever with Taka Michinoku but no one to put against him.

Aside from a brief period in the late 80's, the WWF has never cared much about Tag Team wrestling. They went with a lot of teams that came in but were never dedicated toward growing a future. They use the belts more as a way to get singles guys over more than anything else.

Aside from the brief period in the late 80s....and the 90s and the 00s, the WWF has never cared much about Tag Team wrestling.

I seem to recall WWE caring about tag teams in the 80s that were formidabally dominated by Demoltion, British Bulldogs, Wild Samoans, Can-AM Connection and the Hart Foundation.

I also recall the tag team division of the 90s and the 00s being dominated by The Nasty Boyz, Money Inc, Steiner Brothers, Men on a Mission, Shawn Michaels and Diesel, New Age Outlaws, APA, Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boyz, Edge and Christian, Rock n' Sock Connection, La Resistance, Evolution, Big Show and Kane, Morrison and The Miz; the list goes on.

WWE have always cared about their tag team division.

As for the crusierweights, WWE never cared about them. I thought they tried in the late 90's simply because they felt it was a trend. They had one of the best ever with Taka Michinoku but no one to put against him.

The cruiserweights have nothing to do with the point you're trying to make about WWE 'not caring about their tag teams'. You're right though, Crusierweights were a trend in the late 90s, simply because of ECW, then WCW taking ECW's cruiserweights, and finally being passed on to WWE.

However, the Cruiserweights were also treated fairly and were cared about when they were around. They had greats such as Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Billy Kidman, Paul London, Taijiri, Matt Hardy, Shannon Moore, Funaki, Gregory Helms, Kid Kash, Spike Dudley, Nunzio, Chavo Guerrero, Ultimo Dragon; WWE did care about their Cruiserweights. I can never recall seeing a bad Cruiserweight match-up from WWE. They were always top-notch.

They don't care about the Cruiserweight as their are a few amount. Tag tams because the are irrelivant and because the people in the tag team they had hope of him being solo or had other plans. Womens because they just aren't the best.

I must say, I was hoping for a Cruiserweight DVD set, once they retired the belt. (Maybe "High-Flyers" is the closest I'll get.) As TRE said, they always had great matches.

I started to wonder about tag teams when Evolution came in. They brought up Orton & Batista almost together (I know he'd done "Deacon", but still,...) I knew they eventually wanted to make these 2 solo stars, & wondered what such things would mean for the Tag Division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back