WWE doesn't allow fan to voice opinion for HTM

realblackhart

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Idon't know if this will generate a discussion or not but it can. On a RAW episode before Summerslam a fan had a sign saying bring back the Honky Tonk Man. Now the WWE and Honky have been having several problems about signing a legends deal with the former IC champion but he doesn't want to give up the rights to his name. Well, while on the air, the fans sign is taken away by security. I know the WWE has had to many times remove signs that said things about their competition and about wrestlers who were in other promotions, and I guess they do that to protect themselves legally and because they don't want to give anybody outside the WWE exposure. In the case with the HTM fan, he was excercising his freedom of speech, wanting a return of oneof the best IC champs we ever had. How do you guys feel about that, and what do you think about the WWE doing that to their fans and removing signs they don't like?

Watch the video at the HTM's website
http://www.thehonkytonkman.com/commentary/news.php?action=fullnews&id=88

The WWE want's to protect it's product and within their rights I would have to agree. Freedom of Speech or not, I feel they have the right to remove anything they want from their shows.

Now with this situation, the WWE have rights and again i stress that word, "RIGHTS"!!! and the matter of the fact is, is that wwe can remove and anti signs which will definately ruin, or even leak and ill say it again, leak, information about their current relationship with the HTM, Just image ur in Mr McMahons Shoes!!

i understand that, i know Vince don't want people knowing about behind the scenes stuff but wrestling is not what it used to be. you can find any news/rumor on the internet, its not like its something like with the Hebners or something serious. but i guess you're right, he protects himself that way

Lol. It's fine because just like any other businessman vince has a product to protect. But it doesn't make it right :)

Who the hell wants honkey tonk man back anyway? I wish I saw that that person get his sign taken away that would have been funny.

i have had signs taken away from me in the past....um, march 1998, WCW Nitro in Chicago...had a sign that said WCW FEARS THE ROCK they took it away...

went to Smackdown back in April 2002 right after Hulk Hogan won the Undisputed title from HHH...i had a sign that said BILLY (Gunn, during the Bily & Chuck angle) LOVES THE **** with a little cartoon picture of a rooster...we were in the 8th row from ringside...i seen security point at me so i started passing it around the crowd, it was pretty funny, security was pissed because they couldnt catch it for a few minutes

but i understand why they wouldnt want those on tv, but you also hear JR and such speak of the fans freedom of speech and how that makes WWE so great...still, i dont see how a Honkey Tonk MAn sign could ruffle feathers like that

ek2222 said:
my opinion is that its stupid, fans should be allowed to do what they want and have signs how they want,

So if a fan were to hold up a sign that says "I hate n i g g e rs" it's alright cause they should allowed to do what they want? (sorry if that word offends anyone, it's not one that I like to use but i'm trying to explain how they word "anything" is a major exaggeration, yet often used. )There are going to be limitations and while the HTM one isn't racist or anything like the one I mentioned, there's obvioulsy a reson that they don't want it. Freedom of speech only goes so far as restrictions will exist in almost all cases.

mr. krinkle said:
still, i dont see how a Honkey Tonk MAn sign could ruffle feathers like that

WWE do see it though so really, while we can have our opinions, we don't have a full grasp of why they made the decision, and therefore we can't truly judge it as fully being wrong. Say that one of you guys were trying to move past some bullshit in your life and getting it shoved in your face. You'd probably be annoyed too.

your right, im sure there's a reason why they wouldn't want a sign of the Honky Tonk Man out there, Vince and Honky are not the best of friends out there. Honky has trashed Vince and his product on his website multiple times so I'm assuming that the sign would have had people wonder where he is, google it or yahoo it on the internet and find the HTM's website. It's possible, regardless if HTM wants his name, give it to him, he is a WWE legend but maybe not a HOF although others probably disagree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back