• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Divas Can't Act

Alittude

Pre-Show Stalwart
WWE's current divas are some of the worst actors I have see in wrestling and that's a huge statement. It's not only that they can't act but it seems like they genuinely have zero personality and don't even know how to try to get better. These girls are not wrestlers, they are models and they are excruciatingly hard to watch as they ruin any segment they are in.

The reason I started this thread is because of Eve and her horrible backstage segment with Cena which was really the worst I've ever seen a diva in a major angle. She nearly single handily ruined the whole segment and made it a joke (along with Cena's constipated face) with her horrible acting, especially when she was talking to Cena and got in the ambulance. She isn't the only one that can't act however it was just blatantly highlighted as she was in a big angle and not just a divas segment. The other divas like this are Kelly and the Bella Twins who all seemed to be plucked directly from a talentless modelling agency.

The worst part about all of this is I miss awesome divas being used in big angle's. People like Trish and Lita not only could handle these spots but even add to them in the past. I can't ever imagine the divas at the moment being anywhere close to this. If the WWE don't get some new women in who can actually act as well as wrestle, then the divas will remain a joke and they should never be used in bigger angle's than their division.

It saddens me to say this but it's true and I can't believe they let talent like Mickie and Gail go as they are so far ahead of WWE's divas its not even funny and they just recently main evented an episode of Impact and have been drawing.

I thought the exact same thing when I saw Eve backing up from Kane on RAW I found it hilarious. She didn't look terrified to me, just looked like a dog licking piss off a stinging nettle.

I totally agree with u both. Eve needs to take classes. I can not believe she sucks at that skill and she has been in wwe going on 5 years now and still has not caught on the program. She atleast should have sheaded tears for poor Zach and the only thing she was doing was talking as if she gave two shits about this angle. I mean Kelly Kelly could act better than that and she has never been in a major angle with the guys. Speaking of Kelly Kelly, she is another example. When she was divas champion awhile back she came out with this bad girl attitude where she would snap in the middle of a match and start screaming and trying to be more aggressive the divas. That moment alone made me hate kelly but she has more acting skills than eve. Maybe wwe should have used kelly for this angle. Keep kelly out the ring because she will never be taken serious. She would have been the perfect diva for this angle. When kharma was around she sold everything well with her and it had me on the edge of my seat as if she was in a horror movie.

Kelly is better than eve in the acting department and I think the wwe made a mild mistake by using eve. I know wwe was planning on building up kelly kelly as their #1 and this angle should be for your flagship diva.

I have to agree with the sentiment. I didn't have as much an issue with the fear she showed when being stalked by Kane, but it was the lack of emotion regarding Ryder that did it. Asking "Is he OK?". Um, no, he is on a backboard and hasn't moved a muscle the entire time (great selling by Ryder by the way). He isn't "OK". I was just hoping that she would slap Cena or scream at him or something more than calmly saying "This is all your fault. You have done enough. I am going with Zach." She delivered it like she reading the lines for the first time. It did really drag down an otherwise intense segment.

Kelly Kelly is NOT a better actress than Eve. That's ridiculous. Kelly looks like she just smelled something awful every time she gets "mad."

[YOUTUBE]l86KaWlCKbE[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, that's convincing.

Eve's performance wasn't that bad, to me. First of all, getting yourself to cry on cue on live television is not easy, so she deserves props for that. Beyond that, I thought her lines with Cena were okay. She didn't go too over the top with it and I kinda sorta believed that she was concerned about Ryder. I never would have believed that with Kelly.

I have to agree with the sentiment. I didn't have as much an issue with the fear she showed when being stalked by Kane, but it was the lack of emotion regarding Ryder that did it. Asking "Is he OK?". Um, no, he is on a backboard and hasn't moved a muscle the entire time (great selling by Ryder by the way). He isn't "OK". I was just hoping that she would slap Cena or scream at him or something more than calmly saying "This is all your fault. You have done enough. I am going with Zach." She delivered it like she reading the lines for the first time. It did really drag down an otherwise intense segment.
No, slapping Cena or screaming at him would have been too much. Remember that they're going with a slow build for this angle. Her concern at that moment should have been, and was, caring for Zack. I'm pretty sure most girlfriends wouldn't be going around slapping people who didn't actually do anything rather than taking care of their guy.

Kelly Kelly is NOT a better actress than Eve. That's ridiculous. Kelly looks like she just smelled something awful every time she gets "mad."

Um ... yeah ... she could tell she stunk!

I thought Eve's acting was terrible on RAW. The way she said "Zack, are you ok?", when he is obviously unconscious was ridiculous! :banghead: And why was it John Cena's fault at the end? He wasn't allowed near the ring ...

Um ... yeah ... she could tell she stunk!

I thought Eve's acting was terrible on RAW. The way she said "Zack, are you ok?", when he is obviously unconscious was ridiculous! :banghead: And why was it John Cena's fault at the end? He wasn't allowed near the ring ...
People ask "are you okay?" when the person is obviously not okay all the time. That's not an unrealistic thing. It's stupid in general, yes, but that is something that someone might say in that situation.

What else did you expect her to say, then?

The choice of a line is not bad acting. How it's delivered can be bad acting. But I can easily believe that someone would say something like that, even though it accomplishes absolutely nothing. Sometimes, in bad situations, people say things that are more to themselves than anyone else.

[YOUTUBE]l86KaWlCKbE[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, that's convincing.

Eve's performance wasn't that bad, to me. First of all, getting yourself to cry on cue on live television is not easy, so she deserves props for that. Beyond that, I thought her lines with Cena were okay. She didn't go too over the top with it and I kinda sorta believed that she was concerned about Ryder. I never would have believed that with Kelly.

No, slapping Cena or screaming at him would have been too much. Remember that they're going with a slow build for this angle. Her concern at that moment should have been, and was, caring for Zack. I'm pretty sure most girlfriends wouldn't be going around slapping people who didn't actually do anything rather than taking care of their guy.

I agree with you that Kelly is no better, but to say that Eve wasn't that bad...I mean come on really? She was absolutely horrible, her line delivery was deplorable and the way she kept looking back at the ambulance and then back at Cena like an idiot, while obviously struggling to remember her lines brought down the segment.

Honestly AJ did a much much better job with her Daniel Bryan/Big Show segments than anything I've seen from Eve, Kelly or most other divas and she isn't anything special in the slightest acting wise.

What was "deplorable" about her line delivery? The fact that she didn't yell her lines? And why does looking back and forth mean that she was struggling to remember them?

Honestly, the only reason people are nitpicking her performance is one, because she's a diva, and two, because her name isn't Beth, Natalya, or AJ. And all other divas on the roster today are viewed as talentless.

I've seen much worse from plenty of male performers.

Haha. This thread turned into critiquing Eve and Kelly Kelly. Not complaining, because it's hilarious.

The divas these days do suck. Pretty bad. Kharma, Beth, Natalya, and AJ were and are the only talented ones. The others are simply models to look at and oogle over. Maryse, Layla, and Michelle McCool were all amazing, and I feel like once Layla returns, the Divas might get a small boost, but nothing compared to the Diva's division 5 years ago. IE: Torrie Wilson, Trish, Lita, Michelle, Stacy, Beth, exc. I mean, this clearly isn't the only area WWE is lacking in, but having a steady Diva's division would probably make the matches less like lousy fillers.

The thing is, no current diva, outside of AJ, has ever participated in one of the primary angles in their brand. Therefore you can't really accurately say how well people like Layla and Maryse would do in that environment. Sure, they were good characters in their own right, but honestly, the arrogant mean girl thing is not hard to pull off. What Eve is doing now is a lot more difficult.

What was "deplorable" about her line delivery? The fact that she didn't yell her lines? And why does looking back and forth mean that she was struggling to remember them?

Honestly, the only reason people are nitpicking her performance is one, because she's a diva, and two, because her name isn't Beth, Natalya, or AJ. And all other divas on the roster today are viewed as talentless.

I've seen much worse from plenty of male performers.

Ok honestly watch the clip again

[YOUTUBE]6cQbEKBYfoY[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sorry but if you really think that isn't bad you know nothing about acting. She starts the same line twice, is constantly looking around everywhere while she is talking to Cena while she should be looking directly at him if she truly believed it was his fault, and has no emotion in her voice at all when she says it either. If she thought it was Cena's fault she should be sad,angry all types of emotions and she shows none. Listen to the tone in her voice, it sounds like she is reading straight off the script. It looks like she hasn't had an acting class in her life as she shows the biggest rookie mistakes you can think of.

You sound so ignorant when you say the only reason people don't like her is because blah blah. So you talk for everyone do you? No one can have an opinion if it's not the same as yours? There is plenty of validation behind people complaining, just because you can't see it don't speak for other people.

Ok honestly watch the clip again

[YOUTUBE]6cQbEKBYfoY[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sorry but if you really think that isn't bad you know nothing about acting. She starts the same line twice, is constantly looking around everywhere while she is talking to Cena while she should be looking directly at him if she truly believed it was his fault, and has no emotion in her voice at all when she says it either. If she thought it was Cena's fault she should be sad,angry all types of emotions and she shows none. Listen to the tone in her voice, it sounds like she is reading straight off the script. It looks like she hasn't had an acting class in her life as she shows the biggest rookie mistakes you can think of.

You sound so ignorant when you say the only reason people don't like her is because blah blah. So you talk for everyone do you? No one can have an opinion if it's not the same as yours? There is plenty of validation behind people complaining, just because you can't see it don't speak for other people.
So you get on me for making assumptions, and then you assume I know nothing about acting because I think she wasn't that bad. Notice that I never said it was an Oscar worthy performance. I said it was okay.

So what if she didn't go over the top with the "sad/angry emotions" when talking to Cena? Is crying on the ramp and the whole way backstage not enough emotion for you? Her character probably wouldn't really think it was Cena's fault, but rather, would just be looking for a scapegoat to feel better about it. Of course her delivery wasn't perfect, maybe she could have raised the tone in her voice a bit. But I'll take this over the Kelly screaming route any day of the week.

Again, I see worse from male wrestlers every week. Is there a thread on Laurinaitis' complete lack of reaction when Punk got him up for the GTS? If not, then yeah, people are overreacting to this.

So you get on me for making assumptions, and then you assume I know nothing about acting because I think she wasn't that bad. Notice that I never said it was an Oscar worthy performance. I said it was okay.

So what if she didn't go over the top with the "sad/angry emotions" when talking to Cena? Is crying on the ramp and the whole way backstage not enough emotion for you? Her character probably wouldn't really think it was Cena's fault, but rather, would just be looking for a scapegoat to feel better about it. Of course her delivery wasn't perfect, maybe she could have raised the tone in her voice a bit. But I'll take this over the Kelly screaming route any day of the week.

Again, I see worse from male wrestlers every week. Is there a thread on Laurinaitis' complete lack of reaction when Punk got him up for the GTS? If not, then yeah, people are overreacting to this.
When did I say she has to go over the top? She showed ZERO emotion in her voice. Fake crying on the way to the ramp? So the rest of the segment she should have no emotion in her because she cried it out on the ramp? What a horrible argument. Her delivery wasn't not perfect, it was absolutely horrible. I wouldn't take this over Kelly as I wouldn't have Kelly in it either, unless you have a Diva who isn't atrocious don't have her acting in big angles.

There has been plenty of comments about JL's lack of emotion when being held up, I also jump on people (such as Swagger) when they absolutely stink up the screen with their horrible acting performances at times. Cena was horrible with his angry face after as well but he atleast he delivered his lines well, Eve was all round terrible. Her expressions, her tone, her lack of emotion it was an all round terrible performance. I see no reason to defend this at all for you to say the only reason people are bagging her is for other reasons is just moronic.

WWE shouldn't have let their most talented diva's leave in replace of models who can't act or wrestle worth a damn, and until they change this formula the divas they will remain a joke.

First of all, I don't see how "fake crying" is a criticism in a scripted segment. Also, she didn't leave the emotion altogether. She still clearly had tears in her eyes when she was talking to Cena. It's possible to use a relatively calm tone of voice and still show emotion. I'm not saying that was the best direction to go, but it's possible.

But anyway, it's a wrestling segment, you're not going to get Hollywood acting. The fact that you're nitpicking this badly about it makes me think that you should be watching some other form of entertainment.

I will give you that the angry face was gold for all the wrong reasons.

One other point: WWE had no control over their "most talented" divas leaving, so you can't fault them for that either. Trish, Lita, Torrie, Stacy, etc. all chose to retire for different reasons. Obviously, WWE does not dictate what their performers do once their contracts are over.

First of all, I don't see how "fake crying" is a criticism in a scripted segment. Also, she didn't leave the emotion altogether. She still clearly had tears in her eyes when she was talking to Cena. It's possible to use a relatively calm tone of voice and still show emotion. I'm not saying that was the best direction to go, but it's possible.

But anyway, it's a wrestling segment, you're not going to get Hollywood acting. The fact that you're nitpicking this badly about it makes me think that you should be watching some other form of entertainment.

I will give you that the angry face was gold for all the wrong reasons.

One other point: WWE had no control over their "most talented" divas leaving, so you can't fault them for that either. Trish, Lita, Torrie, Stacy, etc. all chose to retire for different reasons. Obviously, WWE does not dictate what their performers do once their contracts are over.

Wow you are a bit slow. I didn't criticize her fake crying but you asked me if that wasn't enough emotion for me, please try to keep up.

She didn't use a calm voice, she used a normal voice meaning she didn't act in the slightest. How the hell am I nitpicking, it was obvious to nearly everyone how bad it was and then you came and defended her saying it wasn't bad so I explained to you why it was bad.

WWE had control over Micke and Gail leaving and used Gail like crap in her last run. These two might not be as good as the golden generation of divas but they are miles and I mean miles ahead of WWE's current ones.

Just found it funny that you used the adjective "fake" to refer to something that is obviously fake. Redundancy FTW.

Did Mickie get released or did she choose to leave? I don't remember. As for Gail, when has she ever shown acting talent? Do you honestly think she would have pulled that off better than Eve did? Come on.

Yeah, maybe they could have kept those two around, but I find this assumption that they could stick anyone in Eve's place and have it be better to be quite funny. Mainly because most divas have never been in a storyline like this before, so you have absolutely no way of knowing how they would perform.

Just found it funny that you used the adjective "fake" to refer to something that is obviously fake. Redundancy FTW.

Did Mickie get released or did she choose to leave? I don't remember. As for Gail, when has she ever shown acting talent? Do you honestly think she would have pulled that off better than Eve did? Come on.

Yeah, maybe they could have kept those two around, but I find this assumption that they could stick anyone in Eve's place and have it be better to be quite funny. Mainly because most divas have never been in a storyline like this before, so you have absolutely no way of knowing how they would perform.
Yes I honestly believe Gail could pull that off better and she isn't a grat actress by any means , but that's how bad EVE is. Gail has also shown acting ability especially in TNA with her feud with Kong so yes she definitely could have been better.

Eve's performance was horrible people and most people agree as it was quite obvious, if you don't agree that's fine but don't start talking for people and saying people are bashing her for other reasons.

If she just broke down or screamed his name a little - I would have believed it more ...

Yes, I agree with that. If you're going to have a hysterical woman on hand to pretty up the scene, at least let her get hysterical. Eve is supposed to be portraying a woman with more than a casual interest in Zack (there's no accounting for taste, I guess) but she came across as just another bystander witnessing a train wreck.

Someone mentioned Trish Stratus as being able to play a part in a scene with someone else.....and I agree. As I see it, she wasn't a particularly good wrestler, although lots of people seem to think she was. Actually, she didn't wrestle in the classic style, but rather, hit spots that would never have worked in a shoot fight. (You remember that back bend she did to avoid an onrushing opponent? Oh, please! But it looked pretty, and that's the point)

But Trish was a better actress than wrestler and it made her whole ring countenance look more believable. Those "gay" scenes she played with Mickie James were terrific; it added spice to their fights in the ring.

Yes, WWE needs some better actresses. Someone like Gail Kim might want to do more wrestling and less acting, but that's not the way the diva division operates. So be it.

Eve's performance was horrible people and most people agree as it was quite obvious, if you don't agree that's fine but don't start talking for people and saying people are bashing her for other reasons.
I just don't see threads being made for the weekly acting blunders made by male wrestlers. Laurinaitis' no reaction didn't get a thread, Swagger's "dead meat" line didn't get a thread, and somehow Del Rio never gets a thread for his piss poor microphone performances.

You might criticize them, but the fact that you actually took the time to make a thread about this means you care about this more. Which I don't get.

Yes I honestly believe Gail could pull that off better and she isn't a grat actress by any means , but that's how bad EVE is. Gail has also shown acting ability especially in TNA with her feud with Kong so yes she definitely could have been better.

I know I was one those individuals that thought Eve's performance was beyond horrible. Ive been sitting here doing some thinking and I thought to myself maybe her performace was to suppose to pan out like it did. Nooo lol maybe not. If Eve is to turn heel, I would have somewhat taken her serious but thats jus not going to happen.

Eve and Kelly Kelly had no time to take class because the two were called up to the main roster with no experience in wrestling or acting. I know Eve won the 2007 diva search but she should have taken a year off to get her wrestling and acting skills up to par. Not saying she cant wrestle because she can. If she had all of that down packed then she would have been an all around talented diva. As for Kelly kelly, she was quickly called up to the main roster with no experience and wwe made her work in ovw parttime and that failed and ruined her overall. Thanks John Laurinatis. The guy that has no idea what talent is. He is starting to remind me of Vince Russo. Get rid of this brick.

They to make sure ALL of their TV talent gets acting lessons, not just Divas. I've been saying this forever. Guys like Kofi Kingston, John Morrison....if they could actually talk and project and interesting character they'd be superstars in reality and not just in "title".

And...no matter how many acting lessons they give Gail Kim, she'll still have Gail Kim's face.

I think it's funny because I was thinking the same thing when this segment was on. Wow, that is terrible acting! I did think Swagger was bad too, but we are talking majority vs. minority here. The reason Eve is being singled out & not the men is because she is in a major storyline with Cena, Ryder & Kane. She is in the forfront right now. Why would there be a thread every week about how bad swagger, Morrison or Kingston give their lines? Thats redundancy & even though wrestling is "fake" you still try to make it believable as possible! Otherwise, why do we all watch it?

I've always thought this, but I don't think it's worth discussing. The Divas aren't recruited for their acting or wrestling ability. They're simply eye candy. Nothing more. I'm more surprised that people see the current Diva division as something more than an intermission from the show.

For the record, I think Eve's acting is somewhat better than most other women's acting. Remember Maria?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back