Divas - Honest opinions

Not to sound like a complete WWE basher, because I'm not, but I am a bit surprised by the amount of people that are expressing their displeasure by the Divas ability to wrestle or perform in the ring. After all this is the same company that doesn't promote professional wrestling, but sports entertainment and doesn't promote wrestlers but Superstars and Divas.

I absolutely agree with the thought though. The most over "Divas" in recent years have always been the best in ring performers, Lita, Trish, Chyna, AJ, etc. It's one thing to show eye candy when you are having underwear matches or bikini contests, but quite another when you want to have a wrestling match with average sports gear or wrestling attire on.

I'd prefer a Divas "division" of fewer stars that actually got story lines. Right now it's always put eight to twelve random Divas together in a match and either have AJ lose or do commentary about how she is better than all of them (she is and her commentary is probably the most entertaining part of the division to me).

I think hoping for change is nearly impossible. Women will never be the top draw so it is highly doubtful that WWE will ever put the necessary time in to making the division watchable. I think they keep the division around on the off hope that it might draw in female viewers, to avoid backlash from women's groups, and to just set up a good cool the crowd down match. I totally understand the idea of cool down matches so it's no surprise that the Divas division is pretty much widely regarded as crap and likely will be forever.

I can't tell you cause I always get up to use the bathroom and get a beer when they're on T.V. Why did I miss them do something interesting? I remember hate for Michelle McCool back during her run on top of the Undertaker...er I mean.....The Divas Division, but its funny to think that at least they had a legit story going with Laycool and McCool was decent in the ring. It's PG WWE now so Divas aren't going to come out showing a bunch of skin and having Bra and Pantie matches, so if they can't do that then WWE needs to take the time to give them good stories for the crowd to care, but they don't do that. So you send the ladies out their and the crowd doesn't care to begin with, and its tough for the ladies to get them interested in the short time they have. Also WWE needs to get these girls trained right. There are way too many very green Divas wrestling on the main roster. Not all of them but most of them. AJ Lee, Natalya, and Tamina are all good in the ring and should be given good time to tell a story and put on matches. There is hope it will get better though. Sara Del Rey is very talented and is currently training Divas at the performance center in NXT. The just pulled up Emma is actually good in the ring. I remember seeing her at a live event back in January. She came out doing that stupid pointing dance or whatever that is and I thought oh my god this girl is gonna be horrible, and then she got in the ring and totally changed my mind. WWE needs to push the ladies who have talent and keep getting more Divas up to speed in the ring.

Also, in a kinda of related note I need to rant for one sec. At one point AJ Lee was SO over! When she was the crazy chick and was part of top story lines with CM Punk, and all of those guys, she was awesome. I remember that segment when she looked like she was going to throw herself threw a table and when CM Punk stopped her she pushed him though it. I loved that segment. But ever sense she became the GM of raw, and had an inappropriate relationship with john cena she's been losing steam. WWE gave here good TV time and direction when she was a part of the WWE Title picture, but when she actual starts wrestling and becomes Divas champ they stop giving two shits. It makes no sense. Anyways that was my quick and now that I look at it, pretty tame rant. Just had to get that out.

I hate how people say none of the divas can wrestle. All of the divas are being trained by Sara Del Rey who could out-wrestle most of the men in WWE. The majority of them can wrestle pretty damn well but most of you refuse to watch the b shows and think that you are somehow going to see the women pull a 5 star match out of their ass on Raw when all they get is 4 minutes to perform a 6 diva tag matches. Fucking ridiculous.

The problem is that WWE thinks we want to see hairpulling and screaming on their big shows and I for one think they are wrong. I wouldn't step into the ring with most of these women but at least I can admit that. To me, showing that the women can actually fight and take bumps would be more appealing than just using them as eye candy.

Raw isn't a wrestling show, it's a sports entertainment soap opera. Expecting to see wrestling on that show is like expecting to see wrestling on Total Divas.

Watch NXT Arrival, Paige vs Emma. That's what's actually possible.

Hey guys. What are your current, honest thoughts when it comes to the Divas division?

It's better than it was a year or two ago, and WAY better than it was 4 years ago. Ever since the AJ VS Kaitlyn feud it has improved overall. Why is this? Simple. The best girl they have is currently the Divas Champion and she has gone through pretty much the entire division now in terms of challengers. AJ has brought more legitimacy and importance to the belt than any other champion since back when the Womens Championship was still around. I haven't quite liked seeing the divas who aren't as skilled in the ring getting title shots, but much like the male champions sometimes you have to go through challengers that are less worthy in between the bigger feuds. AJ needs to remain a focal point in the division for the rest of her career and become a multi time champion.

As for the rest of the girls? They can either fit the roles of title contenders or jobbers.

Title Tier
AJ, Emma, Layla, Natalya, Summer Rae, Tamina Snuka

Jobber Tier
Aksana, Alicia Fox, Brie Bella, Cameron, Eva Marie, Naomi, Nikki Bella, Rosa Mendes

I put more of them into the jobber tier since there should be more focus on the more talented divas. I'll admit Tamina has improved a lot, I used to hate her more than any other diva. Working with AJ as her bodyguard has been good for her. If Kaitlyn was still there she would be in the title tier as well. Paige and Charlotte from NXT should be in the title tier once they get moved up to the main roster also.

Last but not least, it won't happen but a fan can dream:

Legends Tier
Trish Stratus, Lita

Obviously the legends tier would never happen, but if either of those two legendary divas would be able to return for a few matches then they would get their own tier and could receive title opportunities to further put over the divas in the title tier.

All in all, the division is in the best place it's been in years. The potential is there to improve even more if they push the right divas and put forth the effort. You can do it, WWE! Make the fans care about the divas again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back