wwe disappointment

W

wholef'nshow15

Out Of All Wwe Matches Which Match Got You Really Excited But Then When It Came To The Match It Was A Disappoinment
I Would Have To Say The Kevin Nash Vs. Triple H Hell In A Cell At Bad Blood 2003

Edge vs. Matt Hardy at SummerSlam, the match only lasted like 2 mins due to the amount of blood Matt Hardy had sustained, and if they didn't stop the match, I would of loved to see Matt Hardy hit the Twist of Fate on Lita, as retribution or at least see a huge "bump" take place, to end the match/fight.

yeah i was really looking forward to that hardy vs edge match but yeah.....

also the foley vs flair at vengence this year...i thought it was going to be alright but didnt last long and wasnt that good i thought...

Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg at Wrestlemania XX.

One of the most anticipated matches in Wrestlemania history was initially ruined by news of both guys leaving, then was made worse as both guys gave zero effort during what is the biggest disappointment in WM history.

I agree with peopleschamp i loved brock and hate goldberg so i wwanted to see a real good match but it jus sucked balls!!

i agree with everything peopleschamp said.... but another match that was a huge disapointment was the EC with hbk, hhh, goldberg, orton, y2j, nash.... that EC jus wasnt good at all.... i think its b/c goldberg was in it

The elimination chamber match last year that Cena won.God I had my hopes up that Cena would lose.Although he lost to Edge after words,I wanted either Carlito or Masters to win.I knew they would not win,but hell,I like when the underdogs win and as much as people hate Masters,he does have some talent and is as close to 80's old school as i've seen in a long time.

the ec was good actually. it had a good start with michaels/jericho then nash kicking everyones ass. goldberg spearing jericho through the glass, then hhh suprisingly pulling it out. i'd say the brock/goldberg was really bad. those two morons thought that testing strength could hold everyones interest

^^ no flames that match could never be called a dissapointment it was historic. mine would be a mixture of all the above matches especially matt vs Edge but also wresltemania 18 Jericho Vs HHH i was a big jericho fan and that match sucked u knew from the start he was gonna lose and that was sad really

I'm not saying the match is historic- it is. And if I was alive back in the 80's and had seen it live, I probably would have been hyped to see it. But, after hearing so much about it from other people, I expected it to be amazing but, when it came down to the wrestling I don't think there was one great move in that match.

Flames Out
Dragon

Yes there was only one great move in that much TRUE but the atmosphere inside that arena and what no was simply amazing, To this day most wrestling fans will choose that as the greatest match of all time just for that slam,

Hogan Vs Michaels

Flair Vs Foley

Hogan Vs Warrior (Halloween Havoc)

Hart Vs Michaels (Survivor Series 97 - forget the ending, I'm talking about the match, one of the biggest rematches of all time, and was complete pants)

Angle Vs Ortan (Mania 22 - think you can work out how that one was ruined for me)

But to reverse it, what matches did you watch, thinking they would be a crock of s**t and turned out to be fantastic?

The one that springs to mind for me is Foley Vs Edge - Mania 22

Eternal Dragon said:
I'm not saying the match is historic- it is. And if I was alive back in the 80's and had seen it live, I probably would have been hyped to see it. But, after hearing so much about it from other people, I expected it to be amazing but, when it came down to the wrestling I don't think there was one great move in that match.

Flames Out
Dragon

I don't think anyone expected it to be a wrestling clinic, it was more of a "battle" then a wrestling match between two Legends in this sport, and any great wrestling match could be better than Andre/Hogan however, nothing could beat the atmosphere & electrifying crowd of 93,000+ fans during that match.

lonely_god said:
Hogan Vs Michaels

Flair Vs Foley

Hogan Vs Warrior (Halloween Havoc)

Hart Vs Michaels (Survivor Series 97 - forget the ending, I'm talking about the match, one of the biggest rematches of all time, and was complete pants)

Angle Vs Ortan (Mania 22 - think you can work out how that one was ruined for me)

i though orton vs angle vs rey was the best match of the night given the time it got, it had the best spots and was much better than any other match, and you can't tell me that the orton/angle matches at vengeance and ecw one night stand were better than the match at wrestlemania.

I think the One Night Stand match was a fantastic match. The Vengeance match was not half as good.

I think a Angle Orton one-on-one match at Mania would have stole the show, people always raise their game for Mania, I think it would have been a very good, solid match to sell SmackDown.

Just a crying shame Orton couldn't keep himself under control backstage and that WWE felt they had to span out a cheep emotional storyline.

Haha this is pretty pathetic and it just goes to show WWE is wayy better than TNA.

The 8/10 edition of TNA iMPACT! drew a final 0.7 cable rating with a 1.4 share. That is a fairly significant drop after the show rebounded to a 0.9 rating last week and had been settling in the 0.8 range the last few weeks.

That is obviously not the best of news for TNA, considering the show this past Thursday was the "go home" show for the Hard Justice PPV tomorrow night. The last time iMPACT! hit a 0.7 rating was back on March 11 when the show was in its Saturday night timeslot.

Source: Dave Scherer @ PWInsider.com

i was looking forward to goldberg vs lesnar since the royal rumble, i was totally dissapointed, i thougth it was gonna be match of the night, haha

Goldbergs contract was gonna be up and Lesnar hated the WWE at the time, I knew it was doomed

Honestly, I wish Vince never paid those two, for putting on such a crappy match for the fans, they didn't even care, and Goldberg who I could hardly care about either, hopefully if he signs with TNA, I hope they humiliate him, and as for Lesnar he didn't care either because he was gonna make it in the NFL, right? well...today, I don't see him playing in the NFL and since he couldn't do that, and not come back to the WWE, he's now gonna be in MMA, from what I heard, so when he gets his a** kicked, i'll be there watching it on television and just laughing at his sorry a**.

yeah the battle of the balds( Goldberg v.s Lesnar, With Austin as ref), was what i expected i wasnt very hyped up for it, Id go with the punjabi prison, first khali getting pulled then the cage being stupid, i wanted 2 see taker manhandle khali, and mania x8 hhh v.s. Jehrico, i really wanted jehrico 2 retain, kinda boring match

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back