WWE Cruiserweight Show - How would you book it?

Equimanthorn

Dark Match Winner
As we all know too well, there have been rumours about WWE creating a new Cruiserweight-exclusive show (presumably for this network they're damn set on launching) floating about for quite a while now. Alex Shelley's reportedly been signed and WWE scouts have been spotted at DG USA shows a few months back.

So I ask of you, Wrestlezone... How would you book it? The WWE already have a wealth of amazing Cruiser talent (Kidd, Tatsu, Hunico, Baretta just to name a few) and the hunt is on for new faces, so who would you bring in? Where would you have it based? Who would you have be the main players? Would you have titles?

With a 3-hour Raw wouldn't you just bring back the cruiserweight title and give them 15 minutes to work with. No point of them having their own show nobody will watch just for cruiserweights.

I'd book them for RAW/SD and give them 30 minutes on SD (multiple matches) and 15 minutes on RAW for two matches once the division has been established if the fan fair is behind it than do a one night 8 cruiser tournament on RAW (or SD special) to crown the Brand new WWE cruiserwight champion (or WWE Light Heavyweight champion) the division needs a champion to give the guys something to work for.

I really dont think WWE will establish a network anytime soon. It doesnt seem like a financially sound decision 2012. Hopefully I am wrong because it would be enjoyable. I am strong on the fact that the cruiserwieghts do not draw. There is a long history of this being the case. With that being said I dont think that a straight forward wrstling show would be the way to go. I would do it like a tournment/ reality style. Of course it would be scripted reality as it is all pre-determined. It would be a mix between the Ultimate fighter and RAW. Sell it as reality. The icing on the cake is the wrestling.

WWE has the best wrestlers in the world. There is no doubt about it. With that said, they need more cruiserweights so they are going to need to go to TNA and other INDY promotions to pick some jobbers- so that they can put their own guys over. Its the nature of the beast.

Well the rumor is that it will be your own show. I agree with others in the aspect they should just extend raw by one hour and give the cruisers about 30 mins to cut promos and have a quick match.

If they are intent on having a show I say you take 1hr show Pre Raw. To give the cruisers their own show to play up the cruiser title but mostly get like 4 matches in before raw. This does two things, the first is gets people ready usually cruisers are quick. 2 it gives people some actually wrestling, this way when raw starts with it's first 30+ mins of blah blah people don't feel like they missed wrestling.

If it works you go back to the old format if it pulls more people to watch raw because they are not searching for something to watch while waiting for raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back