WWE.com Article: Legend of The American Dragon

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/history-of-daniel-bryan-part-one

Many of you know a bit here and there about the former Bryan Danielson prior to his WWE career; you know he was trained by Shawn Michaels, had a short run in WWE before being released, toured Japan, worked the indies and helped establish Ring of Honor as one of its top guys, but even I, who has watched Bryan since early '04 didn't know some of the little anecdotes found in WWE.com's article highlighting his career.

As a journalism student I often find WWE.com's writers to be lackluster but this I like, I like because it acknowledges life outside their kingdom for the second time, it credits a smaller company for helping develop what is now one of their top guys, it gives said company being ROH some exposure as a lot of casual fans who wouldn't even know TNA existed unless you showed it to them know little of wrestling outside WWE and it's just something different.

Just read it, absolutely loved it. It really put over how good Daniel Bryan is as a wrestler and the struggles he overcame. It's something many of us already know but to many WWE viewers it is new to them. I also loved that it put over Seth Rollins and Antonio Cesaro's past works too with slight mentions. Maybe WWE will let him use the name "American Dragon" in the future?

I'm not surprised by the mention of ROH, WWE seem to not mind promoting them with articles like this, CM Punk's DVD and with promos on Raw (CM Punk's famous pipe bomb and Matt Hardy shoot on Edge). Maybe it's because WWE takes a lot of their talents?

Great article. Hopefully this gives some of Bryan's misguided and uninformed haters a new perspective on just why he deserves to be where he is.

Pretty good read.
There's definitely stuff in there I hadn't read before.
Hopefully I remember to check back when they get to part two.
I like that they're giving him this spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back