WWE Capitol Punishment - The Miz vs. Alex Riley

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSWWE

Championship Contender
In the past Monday Night Raw, we heard from the RAW GM that Alex Riley will go one-one against none other than is former mentor The Miz...

After Alex Riley face turn, that he has shown some skills and being a very interesting character.
After being embarrassed by Miz, A-Ry beat the hell out of him for 2 weeks in a row and he already won a Tag Team Match with Cena against him and Truth...

What to expect from this match?

Im turning more towords a count out sorta finish if not Miz getting is ass kicked as he is the big bad heel.

I like this little push that Riley is getting, he's showing he has the skills and after the last couple of weeks of him pretty much handing Miz's ass to him, I really do want to see where this goes. Maybe have a double count out, or possibly have Riley win and having this go on. Riley is pretty entertaining, and he's proving it, hope that he continues shining though.

I dont think they will have Riley win yet. But i do think they will give him some sort of credibility in this Match to keep the feud ongoing. I hope this is the start of a push push for Riley. I find him very entertaining, and hes pretty decent on promos. Plus, his music is now my new favorite.

It will be another case of "Riley has all the momentum coming into this match" and then miz finds a way to cheat and win and then for the next few months we have a riley vs miz match on the ppv card.

I dont think they will have Riley win yet. But i do think they will give him some sort of credibility in this Match to keep the feud ongoing. I hope this is the start of a push push for Riley. I find him very entertaining, and hes pretty decent on promos. Plus, his music is now my new favorite.

Yeah might be a little too earlier for a win, but maybe have him push Miz to his limit and then have Miz win the match by skin of his teeth. Or just have Riley snap and get DQ'd or something like that, to push the feud even further.

Not a big enough star even with a push to beat miz on his first try on ppv it just wont happen maybe after money in the bank (im guessing 1 of them if not both will be in it.) but possibly at summerslam. I mean why not?

Not a chance that Riley wins this one. I dont even buy the DQ finish to this one. I think at the least that The Miz will win by doing something that is cheating like a low blow into the Skull Crushing Finale. I can see that happening more so that the Miz can justify him being better by saying he won and Riley saying he had to cheat which would lead them to a series of match over the next two months.

I don't see Miz fighting him still come SummerSlam though as that is one of the BIG PPV's for WWE

Despite the fact that Alex Riley has had alot of hype the last couple of weeks and he's looking good. Its going to take more to make people forget that he is the same guy who looked and talked like a complete tool in the Miz/Cena/Rock feud and got his ass kicked every time he was in the ring. Its a good start, but I think its more important to protect The Miz before pushing this guy to the stars right now. Best result would be a hard fought match with a win by the Miz. There is lots of time to build him up right, and not make him have much of an attitude. The sympathetic role seems to work well for him.

I don't think it's a long shot for A-Ri to win, it's possible, but if I had to pick I say Miz wins. I think the feud goes through Summerfest. Riley will probably screw Miz out of MITB whick will set up their match.

I think at Summer Slam they have a looser leaves brand match, and Miz wins with help from Cole and Riley goes to Smackdown.

I think we will see a Miz win at CP. As this does seem the most likely, but it will no doubt be a dirty win and for it to work for furthering the feud A-Ri will have to look the real threat for most of the match.
I can see him getting his first win over Miz at either the next PPV or the one following, as once Reilly gets the PPV Pin over Miz the Feud will end for the time being and then it will be up to Reilly to make his push really work.
I find that the weeks leading up to the Face Turn I was noticing Reilly a lot more for various reasons such as his ability to sell better then most mid-carders, which is key for a Superstar. And secondly he has the right look with his in-ring attire and like someone else said his new Music is 'AWESOME' (lol sorry the pun) and is now my favourite Entrance, however saying that I do think that Reilly isn't playing it up as much as he should be and this is probably a result of him being relatively green. There have been small moments in the past few weeks where A'Ri really could have gone that extra ten percent in 'working the crowd' and it could have taken those moments to the next level.How it stand though it's only a small gripe and one i believe he will pick up soon enough and once he does the crowd will pop longer and harder for him then they already are now.

Alex Reilly for me is the first guy of the rack to really have a chance and who is holding the attention of a good percentage of the WWE Fans, myself included. Its been a while since I've been excited about the future prospects of a new superstar like I am for A-Ry right now, I want to see him succeed if only to show the other new guys that it 'CAN' be done.

This is a match that I definately want to see at Capitol Punishment. Riley's face turn has been handled very well and the crowd has been popping huge for his beatdowns on The Miz. Miz is playing his part well as usual.

I would love to see Riley win what I believe will be the first match of the series. Maybe you could have Miz kick out of Riley's finisher but Riley rolling Miz up out of nowhere for the win. Even if Riley loses, it would be best if it isn't a clean loss. Maybe Michael Cole can interfere on Miz's behalf and cost Riley the match. Riley's act is hot at the moment and it would be foolish to make him lose clean at the PPV.

This feud will pretty much determine which way Riley's career will go. Riley definitely has some charisma but is somewhat of an unproven commodity in the ring. A good showing against his previous mentor could really propel Riley's career to huge heights.

Miz also has quite a bit at stake here. This feud will decide if Miz has really got it or is just another guy who needs to be carried to good feuds by superior talents.

I'm looking forward to this match, should be very entertaining. You have Alex Riley who has been getting some solid pops for his attacks on The Miz. And a victory on PPV gives him a major win over a Main Event heel in the form of Miz. I hope they have a plan to continue the feud after the PPV. Really doesn't do much for Miz to win though, he beat a rookie, so what? For Riley, once again it gives him a solid win over someone who has been to the top.

here's my prediction:

Miz wins at Capitol Punishment, then makes a massive gloating speech on RAW the next night. Later that night, Riley attacks Miz during his match, and does it again the next week until he gets a rematch. They have their rematch at MITB (maybe a no DQ match), with Riley winning, making it 1-1. Then for Summerslam have a Loser Leaves RAW match with Miz winning, and Riley starting a singles career as a face on Smackdown, cause he'd make it into the title picture there. Both people will come off strong from this feud

Expect Riley to get his brains beat out. I think this is a one, maybe two PPV fued to put Riley in the spotlight (but not put him over yet) and keep Miz occupied while they prepare him for his next major feud (I hope it's Jericho). Remember, after he dropped the belt, Vince McMahon said that even though he dropped the belt, they still have "big plans" for the Miz. Feuding with Riley does not constitute "big plans."

This match is old-school WWE.

When was the last time a virtual nobody was one of the main guys on a PPV card and people wanted to see him? John Cena in '04. That's what Alex Riley has became.

I think Riley will win it, it would make more sense for Miz to lose to Riley so that A-Ri can be elevated to another step than for Miz to win, crushing Riley's push in the process. Miz can dust himself off from a lose, he has things to brag about, Riley doesn't. It hands Alex something to work with, which in-turn can see him come off this feud big.

Looking forward to this match.

I'm looking forward for this one, A-Ry has impressed me. And I mean taht I am REALLY impressed by him. Now is the time we will see his ring skills because after all he is facing a top dog. It could be a huge deal for him if he gets the win. I don't know who will win, but if the match is good, and after seeing the promos on RAW and the ass kicking done by Riley, I would like to see this feud go on.

Aw yeah! Now this match I am definitely looking forward to. Alex Riley has become one of my favorite Superstars overnight with a simple face turn. Everyone is backing Alex Riley and I’ll be the first to admit, he is pretty damn awesome. This match could go either way. The Miz could win, gloat about it and Riley gets a rematch or Riley could win, The Miz gets a rematch down the line; either way this is not a one pay-per-view feud. This needs to be done right as it is extremely important in putting Alex Riley over. The Miz can do it, but the WWE also need to take their time here. Alex is phenomenally over and that crowd reaction does not need to die off. If you’re gonna push him, push him hard.

Hamler's Prediction - Alex Riley

Alex Riley's face turn has impressed me. Riley is charismatic, and he does have tons of potential. Live crowds have fallen in love with this guy, and I think he will have a bright future in WWE.

With all that said, Miz should take this, and there's a good chance some foul play will take place here, because I wouldn't be surprised if Miz decided to cheat here. Miz lost the WWE Championship to Cena not too long ago, he was forced to squeal "I Quit!" and he's had his ass handed to him by Riley in a series of beat downs over the past couple of weeks. The Miz could really use a win right now, and I don't think this will be the first and only one on one match between these two. Riley and Miz should have a series of matches, and the apprentice will get his chance to triumph over his former mentor/boss.

Miz wins

I think that there is a chance for Riley however I do not see them continue to have Miz lose. Miz was on the push of his life and now it seems he is coming down hard. Also think of it like this, Miz was the champ before Cena. If Riley gets a pin on Miz then what should we think. Does Miz suck or is Riley amazing. Anyways, I'm expecting a good match out of these two and am hoping for a clean finish to this one. It's been a while since Miz has won clean and a clean win will help him here and not hurt Riley.

Since Riley has gotten the better of Miz in recent weeks, I venture to say that Miz will be winning this one. I think they will have another match down the road where Riley will come out victorious. A good test for Alex to see what he can do although I'm not too crazy about Miz on the offensive side of things.

Pretty good feud so far, only problem being that Riley isnt anything special in the ring. Both guys can be rather bland if not put with the right guy, which obviously doesn't work when both competitors are like that.

I suspect Riley will whip the hell out of the Miz, and the Miz comes up with a sneak way to win, ala "Taught you all you know, but not all I know"

Yeah, NorCal, you're in the right direction. Riley's going to work Miz over and Miz will sneak away with the win. I suspect someone to help Miz get the win, probably whoever Riley's going to segue into his next feud with. A guy like Ziggler would make sense, but it would be tough to set it up. It would probably work best if Miz rolled up Riley or used a dirty tactic to win.

This doesn't have to be the end of the feud though. If Miz wins then there's no reason they can't have one more blow off match to end it before Riley can finally join the midcard and Miz can jump back into the WWE Title scene.

This match rounds out my top 3 must see matches on this PPV along with the 2 title matches.

Miz is one of the best today and works good with most people he gets in the ring with and since this feud started has just gotten better which proves he does not need the title to be good. We didn't get to see much of Riley's work during NXT and his time as Miz's apprentice but he is without a doubt on the the best up and comers on the roster and has big things in his future.

I'm hoping Riley wins but I can see Miz pulling out the dirty win making this feud go on a bit longer which wouldn't bother me at all..

A-Rye will win and get a major push to the U.S. title feud with dolph after this would be the smart move to keep too mid-carders that can go main event relevant and interested in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back