Alex Riley

Hourani777

Wrestlezone......is gonna get GOT!
Watching Raw as all the MitB contestants came out and had a few minutes on the mic each except Alex Riley , all Riley did was do a run in and try to attack The Miz and I couldn't help but think 'why don't they give him much mic time?' They gave Evan Bourne some mic time ( shockingly wasnt that bad) so why cant they give him much mic time and even when he gets some mic time it's usually one liners except when he broke away from The Miz and did his promo. It seems weird how they won't give him mic time what I've seen he has been pretty good on mic when he was The Miz and on NXT but since he split from Miz he has had close to none when it comes to mic time.

What are your thoughts on this?

I actually think its ridiculous that Riley went from being a total loser to being able to beat a former world champ. I like Riley, but I think that RAW booking is horrible. He should be on Smackdown competing with the midcarders there.

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, I think Riley really butchered some mic time about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Another reason could be that R-truth, miz, and a few others had spoken and to have Alex Riley speak last would have been a little odd. Don't really have a "for sure" answer though.

Because he was just beaten pretty bad last week by the Miz, and logically why would he just want to talk? It furthers MITB and the Miz/Riley at the same time.

Funny, immediately after this happened i posted on WWE's facebook "must not trust Riley with the mic". I was wondering the same I guess it just made more for him to run Miz off. Either way, R-Truh was classic during that segment talking about arachnaphobia because everybody knows he's scared of heights and there better not be no spiders either. "If I open up the briefcase and a spiders in there, all grits gonna hit the pan - that briefcase gonna get got" classic moment.

I don't think Riley's said more than 10 words on the mic since he's left Miz' side. My reaction was the same as others, I was wondering why he wasn't given a chance to talk. I think him trying to attack Miz was enough. He really didn't need to do anything else. Guys like Kofi, Bourne, even Swagger don't have much else going on but the rivalry with Miz/Riley has been going on for quite some time. Continuing to build that in this match works.

Side Note: I was surprised by the Wrestlezone poll the other day where Riley came in 3rd place (if I recall correctly) for winner of MITB. REALLY? People see him as a future champion at this point? Wow.

Because he was just beaten pretty bad last week by the Miz, and logically why would he just want to talk? It furthers MITB and the Miz/Riley at the same time.

I would agree with this.

Also, why have EVERY guy in the match come down and talk at the SAME time? This ALWAYS happens! It's annoying and lazy booking. Some of the guys should come down not to talk, but just because they want to fight.

I liked it that they at least switched it up by having Riley not talk, but everybody in MITB coming down and giving us a couple talking points has gotten pretty lame. More physical confrontations between three or four at a time, in the back and in the ring, would be better.

Don't give Alex Riley much mic time?? Don't trust him with a mic?? What show have you people been watching? Riley's been getting regular mic time from day one. A few weeks ago, right before the face turn, they gave him the opening segment of RAW to cut a long promo in which he called out John Cena. That's not something they do with, say, Evan Bourne.

Just because Riley didn't do any talking in this segment hardly means he's being kept off the stick. Heck, he almost stood out more in that segment just because he was the only guy who didn't talk.

I think its more his character is a strong silent man that lets his actions speak for him. Thats where I see him. They had him break from the Miz, let him say why he was pissed, then from then on, he just shows us physically what he means. Its like because he was mistreated by the Miz, he is out to show the world how different he is from the Miz, that he rejects everything the Miz embraces, so that means no cheating, no whining, no cowardly moments, and no trash talking when a clothesline sends the message.

Or I'm over analyzing again

He is good on the mic, and needs work, but who doesn't? Yeah...the MITB segment was pretty lame, I'll agree on that. IDK...a lot of people say he's "over" but he doesn't seem that over. His crowd reaction isn't that great. I like the guy, but his in ring work leaves something to be desired. He still seems pretty green, but hopefully he'll improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back