• Hulk Hogan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Bruno Sammartino
bruno8x10.jpg

The Longest reigning WWWF Champion in history he held the title 2 times over an 11 year period. His first reign came when he beat The Original Nature Boy Buddy Rogers in 48 seconds. He held the title for seven years, eight months the lognest reign in Men's wrestling history, a record which still stands today. His second reign came when he beat Stan Hansen and he held the title for three years, four months, and twenty days. In addition to being the longest reigning Champion in Men's wrestling history he has held many other titles and won numerous awards for Match of the year (1972, 1975, 1976, 1977 and 1980), Most Insperational Wrestler of the year in 1976 and the wrestler of the year award in 1974.

Hulk Hogan
hulk_hogan_2.jpg

What to say about Hulk Hogan. He is the man that brought professional wrestling to Main Stream America. He has held numerous titles spanning almost 20 years. He's a member of the WWE HoF and has been granted many awards by both Pro Wrestling Illustrated and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. They are way to many to name them all but they include Wrestler of the Year, match of the year , most popular wrestler, most hated wrestler and most insperational wrestler.

Bruno is something special, but the problem is, he was something special to a region. Bruno Sammartino, I could make the argument, was more popular in the northeast then Hulk Hogan was in the Northeast, but Hulk Hogan did that on a national scale. Bruno was probably bigger in that region, but this isn't a regional tournament. Hulk Hogan put the WWF, Wrestlemania, Vince McMahon, all of that, on the map nearly by himself.

I have to agree ^^^

Sammartino deserves all the credit in the world for that title run, but Hogan left people speechless and cheering all at the same time...

Maybe it's just my youth showing, but I don't remember him ever having a bad match, and I don't ever remember him on a PPV in anything less than one of the main events.

Hulk Hogan in a walk. The problems Bruno has have been listed, but the big one for me was he had very limited charisma. To say Hogan oozed charisma is the understatement of the year. he had so much that he never knew what to do with it. Sammartino just went out there and wrestled. Hogan put on a show every time he went out there. I can almost guarantee you you will never find a boring Hulk Hogan appearence. Seriously. Name a single one. Now name an exciting Bruno match. See my point?

Hulk Hogan
I'm not a Hogan fan anymore because of all his politicing but the man made wrestling popular to the world. He was a symbol of wrestling and still is. He gave the WWF the launching pad they needed to be able to expand and was the big reason the WWF conquered all other small promotions back then. Without him i dont know if Wrestlemania ever leads to the creation of Summerslam, Survivor Series, or Royal Rumble and the eventual monthly ppv. Definitely an interesting thing to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back