• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE BLATANTLY rips off TNA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

god of thunder

go ahead, try me
Just in case nobody noticed it (and I presume nobody did since I haven't heard any discussion about it), on the March 10th RAW Melina referred to herself as "Not just another pretty face" before her match with Maria. This is a BLATANT rip off of TNA Knockout ODB's signature line "I'm not just another pretty face", which she has been using now for at least the last 2 months. Apparently, the WWE feels it necessary to counter the idea that TNA has real female wrestlers while the Divas are just attractive eye candy. Whatever the case, it was surprising to see the WWE so blatantly acknowledge the situation. Maybe WWE should stand for "Weak Writing Entertainment". :scratchchin:

Just in case nobody noticed it (and I presume nobody did since I haven't heard any discussion about it), on the March 10th RAW Melina referred to herself as "Not just another pretty face" before her match with Maria. This is a BLATANT rip off of TNA Knockout ODB's signature line "I'm not just another pretty face", which she has been using now for at least the last 2 months. Apparently, the WWE feels it necessary to counter the idea that TNA has real female wrestlers while the Divas are just attractive eye candy. Whatever the case, it was surprising to see the WWE so blatantly acknowledge the situation. Maybe WWE should stand for "Weak Writing Entertainment". :scratchchin:

This is nothing new. TNA and WWE have been taking shots at each other since the beginning of TNA's existence. TNA has two wrestlers ripping off ENTIRE GIMMICKS, with "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal and "Stone Cold" Shark Boy, btw...Just throwing it out there, since no one has discussed that yet...

This discussion most likely belongs in the "WWE vs. TNA" thread, if you ask me...

Just in case nobody noticed it (and I presume nobody did since I haven't heard any discussion about it), on the March 10th RAW Melina referred to herself as "Not just another pretty face" before her match with Maria. This is a BLATANT rip off of TNA Knockout ODB's signature line "I'm not just another pretty face", which she has been using now for at least the last 2 months. Apparently, the WWE feels it necessary to counter the idea that TNA has real female wrestlers while the Divas are just attractive eye candy. Whatever the case, it was surprising to see the WWE so blatantly acknowledge the situation. Maybe WWE should stand for "Weak Writing Entertainment".

^^

Says the mark who is the fan of a company copying off of argubly WWE's best superstar ever with a fucking fish gimmick. mocking Randy Savage, taking shots at the bigger company weekly, terrible shows, a roster full of indy and former WWE hacks, terrible creative team and the laughing stock of Pro Wrestling.

It's not that big of a deal. WWE took a shot at Scott Hall not too long ago and more than likely doesn't even know who the hell ODB is or what her catch phrase is. It was just a cocky comment from a cocky heel.

If WWE did this to take a shot at TNA, it wouldn't be a big deal because TNA has two characters on its show mocking former WWE stars.

Besides for that, its not like this is a very creative line, and I wouldn't doubt that somebody said this before ODB. It doesn't take a genius to think of this line, I would more lean toward this being something a heel diva would say, not a shot at TNA.

are you nuts? is there a trademark on the phrase not just another pretty face? people say this all the time. thats like saying WWE ripped off TNA because one wrestler said "and then" which was said a week before by a TNA guy. Come on. Its been said a million times in this thread already, but someone repeating a common phrase vs entire gimmicks being ripped off in TNA is hardly an issue of WWE lacking ideas.

For fuck sake, what is it with TNA fans?!?, dude you make it sound like it's some sort of big deal, nobody fucking cares, hardly anyone even pays attention to the Diva segments on Raw, so they probably didn't even notice, not to mention it's like everyone has already said TNA has to characters that are BLATANT ripoffs of popular WWE wrestlers with Sharky, and Machismo, so to be complaining about a diva "stealing" a line from a TNA knockout, just seems to be a bit of a stretch

Actually WWE debuted the term as part of WM 23 "all grown up". they say it in the opening promo, in relation to the divas in general. If anything TNA probably saw THAT and started using it for ODB or OBD or whatever the fuck her name is.

This is such a lame ass thread I thought it might be somethin serious how about you switch the tables TNA BLATANTLY rips off WWE example Shark Boy. Im sure Vince has no idea who the hell ODB hell I don't know who ODB is. I've got better things to do than watch TNA like getting drunk.

This is such a lame ass thread I thought it might be somethin serious how about you switch the tables TNA BLATANTLY rips off WWE example Shark Boy. Im sure Vince has no idea who the hell ODB hell I don't know who ODB is. I've got better things to do than watch TNA like getting drunk.

this is true. TNA just plainly sucks.
I had hope for this company, but dixie cater is a complete jack ass and doesn't belong in the biz.
if you wish to counter this claim, then think of this
TNA has a 2 hour slot, so does raw
TNA has a good roster, so does raw
TNA has a prime time slot so does raw.

the only thing that TNA doesn't have is a live show, which wouldn't be such a bad thing, at least they can edit there shitty matches.
which by the way is all of them.
I mean WTF, the TNA X division belt was held hostage?
what the hell is the point of having it.
seriously some people need to get fired from TNA for things to go a little better.
there creative team is just as bad as the half ass has beens from the WWE that think there superstars.
Kurt Angle is a douche bag.
as well a jeff jarrett, Douche bag.

I didn't realize that the WWE ripping off TNA excuse would be this pathetic.

Besides, at least when WWE rips off TNA or mocks them...it's actually funny.

I.E. Mr. Kennedy's "Thanks for coming, by the way" jab at "Razor Ramon" the night after the TNA PPV.

I think I can concur with everyone here also. TNA needs to get a clue and quit copying everything WWE does. Does anyone really care about ODB? Uh No except for 900 people in a freaking shack who attend TNA's Shows. TNA SUX

I think I can concur with everyone here also. TNA needs to get a clue and quit copying everything WWE does. Does anyone really care about ODB? Uh No except for 900 people in a freaking shack who attend TNA's Shows. TNA SUX

and what are YOU a fan of? I'm pretty sure your the kind of fan that will do whatever Dave Meltzer tells you to do. TNA DOESN'T suck. and yes ODB was an Ohio Valley Trainee before she went to TNA. Awesome Kong was discovered by All Japan Pro Wrestling. also Christie Hemme: FORMER WWE diva and playboy cover girl... I suggest you get your head outa your ass because its coming out with bullshit boy.

TNA actually does suck. Using former WWE superstars and using them in non-interesting storylines doesn't really help their cause. For heaven's sake, Curry Man is carrying TNA right now.

And what's this Shark Boy gimmickl?? Give me a break!!!!

ODB is a lame ass. I didn't know her catch phrase, and Melina prob didn't know either. Coincidences do happen. And I don't mean that Shark Boy and Austin are coincidences, either. Fucking rip-offs

What is TNA going to do next, have a superstar who rips off Macho Man??

Wait....

I mean WTF, the TNA X division belt was held hostage?
what the hell is the point of having it.

The fact that Hornswaggle, who's character is a childlike midget that gets beat up by his "father", was / is the crusierweight champion is much worse.

How many times has a WWE title been held hostage or stolen? or tossed into a river? or retired and brought back? or Unified and UnUnified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back