• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Battleground: WWE Intercontinental Championship - The Miz (c) VS Darren Young

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So Darren Young won a battle royale at today's Raw to get a shot at The Miz's InterContinental Title.

I am seriously surprised that Young is even getting a title shot. But still I am expecting Miz to retain his title. And he surely should too.

Darren Young hasn't done anything impressive enough in his singles career to win this title off Miz.

It seems like we are going to get Corbin Vs. Crews soon.

Miz should lose it to either Cesaro or Sami Zayn at Summerslam. Bray Wyatt could be a good choice too.

And I thought O'Neil vs. Rusev was going to be the most unappealing PPV title match of the year.

I would normally dismiss Young's chances, but did Backlund come back to life coach a loser into losing?

Backlund is what's making this team work right now. That being said, Darren Young did kind of impress me last night even though he didn't do shit. He did a good job with his attitude and facial expressions and finally showed some real intensity. I doubt he wins, but if he can put on a good match with Rusev, there might be some potential for a mid-card run in the future.

Backlund is what's making this team work right now. That being said, Darren Young did kind of impress me last night even though he didn't do shit. He did a good job with his attitude and facial expressions and finally showed some real intensity. I doubt he wins, but if he can put on a good match with Rusev, there might be some potential for a mid-card run in the future.

This is how I see it. I was initially underwhelmed with Darren Young winning though, at the same time, I did kind of like how they changed up the battle royal formula just a bit. I agree that Young showed good intensity and emotion, but Backlund is what ultimately won he over as his enthusiasm was off the charts and I think he's helping win over the minds of other fans. Sure he was a little whackadoo, but that's a big part of what's enjoyable about it.

I don't see Young picking up the win, though I'm not necessarily opposed to it. I'm just not at all convinced that he's ready. I think some of it will depend on how Young is built over the next little bit and whether or not he can hold his own with Backlund without being overshadowed by him.

Just like they gave Titus a chance, now they're giving Darren a chance. That's all there is to it. Battleground is a filler PPV and this match is a nice way of giving The Miz a decisive victory before Summerslam.

It's history repeating.... Young wins the title next week and then loses it in seconds to someone... Possibly Corbin, possibly Owens or maybe a new draftee... It's what happened to Backlund - he snaps on Darren and they have a match at Summerslam...

It's a way to get the title off of Miz without having him destroyed badly... Neville is due back quite soon, so he'd be a good shout to be the one to upset Young.

I'm hoping they put on a good match. However, just give The Miz the win and have him face somebody like Corbin or Zayn at Summerslam and lose the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back