WWE Backlash: WWE SmackDown Women's Championship - Six Pack Challenge

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Along with is tag team champs, the blue brand will crown its own Women's Champion at Backlash in the first women's six pack challenge match and features Becky Lynch vs. Nikki Bella vs. Carmella vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Naomi vs Natalya.

Given that Nikki Bella is back, I won't be surprised if she winds up winning the title because...well she's John Cena's squeeze toy and that was the main reason why she had such a long run as Divas Champion. If WWE actually listens to what fans are interested in, Becky Lynch is clearly the one that they feel should be champ.

For me, Becky makes the most sense as she's been in WWE busting her ass when everyone else, excluding Natalya, has just come back from injury or has literally just been brought up from the main roster. Natalya's a hard worker but, the girl has even more of a wooden personality as a heel than she did as a babyface. I was hoping that she could blossom as a heel, but I'd rather see her as a babyface than the drab, uninspired heel she is.

Nikki Bella wins because I've been reliably informed that she's the greatest of all time and, to be fair, is the only real option.

Why is Bayley on Raw? What about Nia Jax? Does WWE not remember the last time they had two female divisions?

Given that Nikki Bella is back, I won't be surprised if she winds up winning the title because...well she's John Cena's squeeze toy

Dude... seriously? What is it about Nikki Bella's re-la-tion-ship with John Cena that turns this board's adult population into a bunch of preteens? Criticize her with all the reasoning you want but when you come off like the proverbial neckbeard your 2 cents is shit.

Look at the pop she received from her return at Summerslam, how that noise reduced to crickets when she was out of the match (yes even when Becky was wrestling), and then returned when she got back in the match, and so on and so forth. It makes nothing but sense to have her directly in the middle of this championship picture. In all honestly this match is a great opportunity for the division as a whole but we really only needed Nikki v Becky at Backlash, but I guess they were pressed for time concerning a build.

Now as long as they're milking her return from injury as an angle (which seems to be the course) I personally don't care to see her with a championship because I don't find that interesting. It'll be a nice feel good moment for her little arc but I'd appreciate it more coming from Becky who's been busting her ass since... hell forever.

Carmella has really been missing that rub from being associated with Enzo & Cass so working with a baby face Nikki can help her get more of a reaction than she's been getting, which hasn't been much of anything. So Nikki and her should cancel each other out in the match, maybe tease Alexa winning but Becky should pull it out.

I like Naomi and it's a good sign that they're still giving her stuff to work with, but she's just not ready. You can't come out dancing to rave music and then sound like a mouse on the mic.

Nikki Bella is the only logical choice. Her winning the SmackDown Women's Championship gives it INSTANT legitimacy. She's the only female on either roster with mainstream appeal, and is insanely over with the female demographic. The NXT fanboys don't want to admit it, but the simple truth is that Nikki Bella is the ONLY diva who does the single most important thing for WWE - she draws ratings. Putting the title on anyone else would be foolish. Nikki is the best choice, the logical choice...the ONLY choice.

I can see them giving it to Becky right now. Nikki has just returned and I'm willing to bet they want to see how her neck is going to stand up, no pun intended. I'm sure the last thing they want is another champion having to give up the title because of an injury.

Nikki's injury was serious enough that it was give and take there for awhile if she would even come back. Another one like that might end her career. She will get the title, but personally I think it's too soon. Let her at least get back into it for awhile.

What does worry me is the fact that half of the division she's in are basically rookies. Must be frightening to go up against someone who might panic and accidentally cause something else to happen. She's fine in the ring with Nattie and Naomi, but I'm concerned about Carmella, Eva Marie and Alexa Bliss.

Nikki Bella is the only logical choice. Her winning the SmackDown Women's Championship gives it INSTANT legitimacy. She's the only female on either roster with mainstream appeal, and is insanely over with the female demographic. The NXT fanboys don't want to admit it, but the simple truth is that Nikki Bella is the ONLY diva who does the single most important thing for WWE - she draws ratings. Putting the title on anyone else would be foolish. Nikki is the best choice, the logical choice...the ONLY choice.

She needs to change her presentation a bit though. Her character and entrance song so pre-WWE divas revolution and she looks kind of out of place with the roster. Now nothing wrong with uniqueness but WWE wants to change the image their female talents and I don't know if coming out with an entrance song with the lyrics "You can Look but you can't touch" is going to help.

Becky is better at the hunter position at the moment. Becky can continue chasing the title and win at a big PPV, like the Rumble, for a big moment and a big face response.

Carmella, Naomi and Bliss are just warming up.

The real options for me are Nikki and Natalya. Nikki just came back from an injury and for me, coming back and just winning the big title just feels wrong.
Natalya on the other hand, has been part of the top feuds in the Women's division in the last months, first feuding with Charlotte and then with Becky Lynch and has the most momentum and the most exposure.

Natalya wins and it's been a long time coming since her last reign.

There was a six pack challenge match for the women in the past - more precisely, it happened in 2001 and it was Trish's first championship win.

I want Becky or Naomi to win, but I just feel is going to be Nikki. :shrug:

She needs to change her presentation a bit though. Her character and entrance song so pre-WWE divas revolution and she looks kind of out of place with the roster. Now nothing wrong with uniqueness but WWE wants to change the image their female talents and I don't know if coming out with an entrance song with the lyrics "You can Look but you can't touch" is going to help.

If anything I think it helps Nikki and gives her a unique character. All the other girls are calling themselves Superstars and talking about the Women's Revolution. I think they can use that to build Nikki into something different, by having her continue to refer to herself as a Diva. She's insanely over with female fans so she has to be a face right now, but let's say next year she gets drafted to RAW or Sasha goes to SmackDown, they could feud with Nikki as a heel, trying to bring back the Divas branding, which Sasha is against.

Why is Bayley on Raw? What about Nia Jax? Does WWE not remember the last time they had two female divisions?

Bayley went to Raw because they lost their two top babyfaces in the span of a week.

They would have had to push either Nia, Alicia, Summer, or Dana into a top face position when neither were ready. Bayley is already over, putting her in that spot took no extra work.

As for Smackdown, it has to Nikki or Becky, which will undoubtedly be their top feud going forward. I'd rather see Natalya get the title and continue her feud with Becky.

They may also be doing a double turn with Carmella and Nikki, so maybe Nikki is going to be a face? I only base that on some pretty vicious assualts from Smackdown and Talking Smack (which I only saw for that Miz promo everyone is talking about).

Face chasing the title draws. WWE prefers suprises. They also like to push injured returning talent, and Nikki left almost as soon as she lost hers. Bellas have a reality show coming up soon.

Whatever happens, it most likely boils down to Becky chasing the title. With a possible face turn for Nikki looming, I'd say Natalya could be a strong candidate. I am however biased towards Canadians.

Bayley went to Raw because they lost their two top babyfaces in the span of a week.

They would have had to push either Nia, Alicia, Summer, or Dana into a top face position when neither were ready. Bayley is already over, putting her in that spot took no extra work.

As for Smackdown, it has to Nikki or Becky, which will undoubtedly be their top feud going forward. I'd rather see Natalya get the title and continue her feud with Becky.

They may also be doing a double turn with Carmella and Nikki, so maybe Nikki is going to be a face? I only base that on some pretty vicious assualts from Smackdown and Talking Smack (which I only saw for that Miz promo everyone is talking about).

Face chasing the title draws. WWE prefers suprises. They also like to push injured returning talent, and Nikki left almost as soon as she lost hers. Bellas have a reality show coming up soon.

Whatever happens, it most likely boils down to Becky chasing the title. With a possible face turn for Nikki looming, I'd say Natalya could be a strong candidate. I am however biased towards Canadians.

Quite a l logjam on Raw once Sasha Returns that said they could have probably waited for Paige after she returns from suspension to return to fill Sasha's spot until she returns. Granted Paige will probably be in the "dog house" once she returns from suspension it's not like she will end up winning the title either.

Unfortunately Nikki Bella is probably going to win this. I really can't stand the Bella twins. They aren't good in ring performers. Nikki is in that spot because of who she is dating. I do not want to suffer through another year long Nikki Bella title run. I actually like Smackdown Live.

This match should go to Becky. But it doesn't really matter. The Womens division is stacked on Raw and light on Smackdown. They should have just made it brand exclusive. There isn't enough depth in the division to have it on two shows right now.

You have Charlotte, Bayley, Sasha, Becky, and Paige who can really work. Natalya is solid and Naomi is a great athlete with potential. Alexa, Carmella, Dana, and Nia Jax are not ready at this point. Nikki Bella is just not that talented. Sorry. Despite her being constantly shoved down our faces and told how great she is, she just isn't.

I would make Nikki Bella a heel manager who sometimes wrestles. I feel like that's what she belongs doing. But everyone knows she dates John Cena so I don't know if that would work in todays world. Plus the WWE has invested so much in her that they would probably be wasting their investment if she was just in a role like Maryse is or something.

I hope Nikki doesn't win this match and title.

Let the winner be a heel. So either Natalya or newly turned heel Carmella. Maybe Alexa Bliss. Then the heel could lose the title to Becky Lynch at Survivor Series. Let Becky reign until Wrestlemania where she loses the title to Asuka.

Still I am almost sure Nikki is going to win this title in 2016 itself.

Nikki Bella, other than Becky, is by far the most over women's wrestler on Smackdown, by a large margin at that. Alexa Bliss isn't ready yet but she's well on her way to being a top player in Smackdown's Women's Division. As for Carmella, it seems like the fans didn't know what to make of her as a face, she was almost literally receiving 0 reaction from the crowd her first few weeks. Turning her heel to feud with Nikki was a smart decision and should work to bring out more of her personality. She's got the skill and the charisma, she just has to put it all together. Naomi is likeable enough, but man is she ever dull. She's nowhere near ready to be the champion and I have doubts that she ever will be as a face. Natalya is solid. She's not the most exciting character, but she can go in the ring without a doubt and at least knows how to play her character decently well.

All that being said, it's obviously between Nattie, Nikki, and Becky. They're the only three truly ready enough to hold a championship. They may have turned Nikki face in preparation for a title win and a subsequent feud with Carmella although I'm doubtful they're just going to hand it to her after the neck injury. Natalya would be a decent option but it wouldn't really be that big of a moment and I have a feeling WWE wants this title win to mean something.

I think it'll go to Lynch and they'll put it over as Becky taking her rightful place as the face of the Women's division on Smackdown. Either that or Nattie will somehow steal it from her at the last second.

People hating on Nikki Bella are simply doing that because of who she is. She had improved light years in the ring before she got injured. Not to mention the best non submission finisher of the women in WWE, though I imagine since that caused her injury it'll probably change. And out of the women on Smackdown, only Becky comes close to being as over as she is. Natalya has the personality of a doorknob and would unfortunately have to speak if she won.

I'd be fine with either Nikki or Becky. Becky I feel has gotten hosed the entire Divas revolution. Then got really hosed when she was the only over name put on Smackdown. Frankly, Nikki coming back at least gives her someone worthwhile to work with.

Along with is tag team champs, the blue brand will crown its own Women's Champion at Backlash in the first women's six pack challenge match and features Becky Lynch vs. Nikki Bella vs. Carmella vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Naomi vs Natalya.

Given that Nikki Bella is back, I won't be surprised if she winds up winning the title because...well she's John Cena's squeeze toy and that was the main reason why she had such a long run as Divas Champion. If WWE actually listens to what fans are interested in, Becky Lynch is clearly the one that they feel should be champ.

For me, Becky makes the most sense as she's been in WWE busting her ass when everyone else, excluding Natalya, has just come back from injury or has literally just been brought up from the main roster. Natalya's a hard worker but, the girl has even more of a wooden personality as a heel than she did as a babyface. I was hoping that she could blossom as a heel, but I'd rather see her as a babyface than the drab, uninspired heel she is.

I agree about what you said about Nikki and Becky being champ but I'd say let Carmella be champ.

She's arguably the top female heel and she'd have more legit competitors like Becky and Nikki unlike Nikki where the only credible opponent she'll have is Carmella. In other words, there's not enough credible heels to have a face champion.

Otherwise, it's going to be Nikki/Becky dominating their opponents for months and Eva wins the title in a fluke way.

This match went above my low expectations easily.

Matches containing multiple competitors have been rarely good and this match comes under that category. Naomi surely impressed me a lot in this match.

Side Note: Natalya just didn't feel like being there. She was lackluster in this match while every other woman in this match impressed me with their work. Natalya was just there.

Becky winning was the right decision to add credibility to the new Smackdown Title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back