WWE 2K15

Some strange but genuine news from IGN:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/11/wwe-2k15-featured-rivalries-for-2k-showcase-revealed-ign-first

IGN said:
Since we let the cat out of the bag on WWE 2K15's story mode, 2K Showcase, we've been speculating about what marquee rivalries it would focus on. From Andre vs Hogan to Rock vs Austin and beyond, the WWE has had no shortage of memorable showdowns through the years, which makes guessing a fool's game. Thankfully, we don't have to guess anymore – Shawn Michaels vs Triple H will be one, and the other will be John Cena vs CM Punk.

As far as heel turns go, it doesn't get much better than The Game's betrayal of his long-time friend, HBK. But by far the more surprising selection is Cena vs Punk. While it was one of the most popular rivalries from the last few years, Punk's less-than-pleasant split with the WWE makes it an unlikely choice given how protective Vince McMahon is of the brand. That said, both of these rivalries are more than worthy selections.

The two rivalries will be explored at near documentary-level detail across 33 matches, with tons of video packages and archival footage providing context. Much like last year's 30 Years of Wrestlemania, each match will feature historic objectives, rewarding you for your knowledge of, and your ability to replicate the key beats of the real-life matches.

While this is a sizeable chunk of content, we also know that more rivalries will be added post launch as DLC, though no details on pricing or exact timing have been revealed. Me, I'd pay good money for Rock vs Austin, as their bout at Wrestlemania X7 is still probably my favorite WWE match of all time.

So it appears that in some shape or form, CM Punk will be in the game. Holy fuck, someone reasonably high up at WWE has to have okayed this. I think I remember hearing that the roster etc has to be okayed by the E.

Now I hate the long-enduring Punk chants but for him to be in the game after he actually walked out shows how important he was and that WWE obviously feel they can still squeeze some monetary gain out of him (fair enough).

Personally not fussed on additional DLC story mode bits.

So some gameplay footage has been seen at Gamescom. Example vid (there are a few more on Youtube):

[YOUTUBE]C0g4z2vXhvE[/YOUTUBE]

This appears to be PS4 version.

So the animation is a lot smoother but unfortunately you can see the gameplay is pretty much the same mechanics underneath with some mild adjustments. It's cool to see Cesaro though, who looks spot-on.

There is however, a revamped grapple system which looks to have a much more "wrestley" feel as opposed to "input button, perform move".

I am still on the fence about getting this but may do (haven't bought a game since '12).

I skipped '14 when i knew 2k hadnt really gotten their hands on it but now this is a lock for me, pre-order and all. I'd imagine the creation suite will be amzing as well, previous nba2k games had a good create a player setup so i'm not totally worried just hope they give us give us good gear thats not the old generic tights and trunks that THQ gave us

I'm a mark for WWE stuff, so I'll end up buying 2K15 for the PS3 but I really don't expect much of a difference from '14. WrestleMania moments mode or whatever it was called was pretty fun but other than the roster and some unlockables, not much changes in an established series like this one.

I'll definitely be buying this game, probably pre-ordering so I get Sting although I will only be getting the console at Christmas. I definitely want to get either a PS4 or X-Box One so I can play this new "career" mode, which is apparently based on the NBA game one which is supposed to be good.

Can any PS4 owners tell me...are you able to add your own custom music to the game, as I always give my CAWs their correct entrance themes. I just think that adds more realism to the game?

I'll definitely be buying this game, probably pre-ordering so I get Sting although I will only be getting the console at Christmas. I definitely want to get either a PS4 or X-Box One so I can play this new "career" mode, which is apparently based on the NBA game one which is supposed to be good.

Can any PS4 owners tell me...are you able to add your own custom music to the game, as I always give my CAWs their correct entrance themes. I just think that adds more realism to the game?

I highly doubt it. The PS4 as far as I know doesn't support this, which is crazy considering the PS3 did. I personally think it stinks that my caws are going to have generic theme music. Perhaps a patch will restore the ability to upload music in the future.

I highly doubt it. The PS4 as far as I know doesn't support this, which is crazy considering the PS3 did. I personally think it stinks that my caws are going to have generic theme music. Perhaps a patch will restore the ability to upload music in the future.

You'll be able to use custom music on PS4 sooner or later, they're going to be adding it in a patch

I'll probably buy this game for my PS4. Excited for the My Career mode because I love the NBA version. That sold me on this game so hopefully it's good.

I think the update to allow custom music support is coming around December or some point after that.

I was very excited about getting this game right until i found out the career mode will be exclusive to the next gen consoles. I have neither the money or interest in purchasing a new console and new set of games for the sake of that and am pretty pissed off about it being an exclusive. the Universe mode doesnt get me going and their feud mode isnt enough for me to fork out a days wages. Id much rather take my own guy and live his storyline than previous feuds ive seen on tv.

I was very excited about getting this game right until i found out the career mode will be exclusive to the next gen consoles. I have neither the money or interest in purchasing a new console and new set of games for the sake of that and am pretty pissed off about it being an exclusive. the Universe mode doesnt get me going and their feud mode isnt enough for me to fork out a days wages. Id much rather take my own guy and live his storyline than previous feuds ive seen on tv.

Honestly, I don't think 2k had much of a choice. It's not like a basketball game where it's easier to port over to both gens... I'm sure there are a lot more codecs that have to go into it, and I'm even more sure that with the creation suite, the old gen consoles just wouldn't be able to keep up. Although, it does suck that we have to get a new console for the new feature... but I'm getting both new consoles soon anyway so I'm not that disappointed.

If you guys would like to see a hilariously useless developer interview, check out the one IGN has for this game.

I am quite concerned. It looks fucking incredible, but the new "sim style" game mechanics REALLY worry me. Not every match starts out with chain grappling. Because, you know, wrestling isnt real. Its entertainment. So if you want to go right out and throw someone 8 feet in the air and punch them on the way down (Ludvig Broga FTW), you should be able to do that.

If you guys would like to see a hilariously useless developer interview, check out the one IGN has for this game.

I am quite concerned. It looks fucking incredible, but the new "sim style" game mechanics REALLY worry me. Not every match starts out with chain grappling. Because, you know, wrestling isnt real. Its entertainment. So if you want to go right out and throw someone 8 feet in the air and punch them on the way down (Ludvig Broga FTW), you should be able to do that.

Dude, relax. It won't be like that. They won't make you have to chain wrestle to start out every single match. I saw a few videos at Gamescon and a few started with a bunch of punches and kicks and irish whips and knocking the guy out of the ring. Another one started with a running grapple and a quick neckbreaker.

The chain wrestling is a good addition to make the game MORE sim-like because, frankly, it was about as arcadey as WrestleFest. Plus, honestly, many wrestling matches do start out with some sort of lock-up.

And I already know from videos that even if they lock-up at the start of the match it isn't always a chain wrestling sequence that ensues, sometimes it is a quick push off into the corner and the match continues from there. There already seems to be many ways to start a match.

But, I don't know if you will be able to start a match and toss a guy up in the air and punch him on the way down because you could never do that before and it would be ridiculous to be able to do now. Of course, if you were exaggerating, I understand. Hopefully, you are meaning that if you want to start a match with a big clothesline or german suplex you should be able to and probably that will still be an option.

The ONLY thing I'm concerned about is CAW mode. Seriously. The only reason I bought 14 was because although they didn't expand THE CAW items whatsoever, it went up to 100 character slots, and I had 100 original characters to make. I don't have a next gen system and 360/3 users are getting shafted on certain things, and I probably won't be buying this one whatsoever because of financial problems and an inability to get online from home, thus being unable to buy the DLC, but I might take a second look if they drastically retool creation mode.

I want to get WWE 2K15 Hulkamania Edition for PS4, but apparently I didn't pay attention to the pre-order date for this version. (When was it exactly?) So now, it looks like it is sold out already on major retailers such as WWEShop, Amazon and Gamestop. I see that there are people charging at least twice the retail price on eBay. I'd rather not pay out that kind of money to people that I essentially consider to be video game scalpers.

Does anyone here know of any reputable people or places that still have the game available for a decent price? Also, do you feel that this is a true sellout for this edition of the game based on the pre-order or do you think there will be a "video game drop" similar to that of a "ticket drop" that is used to combat concert ticket scalpers?

The ONLY thing I'm concerned about is CAW mode. Seriously. The only reason I bought 14 was because although they didn't expand THE CAW items whatsoever, it went up to 100 character slots, and I had 100 original characters to make. I don't have a next gen system and 360/3 users are getting shafted on certain things, and I probably won't be buying this one whatsoever because of financial problems and an inability to get online from home, thus being unable to buy the DLC, but I might take a second look if they drastically retool creation mode.

Definitely have to agree here. The creation suite is always the biggest feature in WWE games, and if we're not going to get the MyCareer extra then we should at least get better creation suites. I'm sure we will though.

If I'm not mistaken, it would be a lot like the old Smackdown style pre-match simulations or even Legends of WrestleMania... only not as tedious. Even still, would be awesome to turn it off completely.

I want to get WWE 2K15 Hulkamania Edition for PS4, but apparently I didn't pay attention to the pre-order date for this version. (When was it exactly?) So now, it looks like it is sold out already on major retailers such as WWEShop, Amazon and Gamestop. I see that there are people charging at least twice the retail price on eBay. I'd rather not pay out that kind of money to people that I essentially consider to be video game scalpers.

Does anyone here know of any reputable people or places that still have the game available for a decent price? Also, do you feel that this is a true sellout for this edition of the game based on the pre-order or do you think there will be a "video game drop" similar to that of a "ticket drop" that is used to combat concert ticket scalpers?

Have you tried Best Buy or Walmart? Best Buy, I know, allows you to pre-order games whereas Walmart lets you by the game along with the pre-order specials if you get there early enough. I'm not sure if they'll do it with the Hulkamania Edition or not though, but you should definitely be able to get the Sting pre-order bonus.

---

As for me, I'm honestly contemplating buying this game until the price drops... maybe even wait until 2k16, who knows. I'm just not feeling the game right now enough to buy it right out of the gate.

[youtube]opjtRtB6kDg[/youtube]

[youtube]rqVWGU3roJY[/youtube]

A few cell phone vids of a display from the last convention. 2k has been pretty quiet on the press side of things. I don't know if that is their usual way of doing things or not since I don't play their basketball franchise. And they've been posting some screenshots of a commercial they are filming with the hash tag FEEL IT

It's probably going to push the game capturing the feel of the show and the feel of the events etc since so far they've posted pics of Reigns training, Bray driving a boat in the swamp. Which is awesome if you saw that one Bruce Willis movie with that girl and that Sam The Sham song and Cape Fear. And Hogan 'Reflecting' on his career, sitting in an empty arena.

But that's pretty much my take on it from watching. There are more videos taken on cell cams from various setups 2k has had. But it is an older build, probably very much so considering the frame rate drop noticed when the camera changes and lack of views of the audience etc.

Also there is a Korean site which has WWE 2k15 listed as waiting for approval on Ps3/4 Xbone 1/360 and PC.

PC would be so much win the internet would explode into confetti and the wars in the middle east would stop and the Steam logo would be part of all their flags.

Or at least that is a theory I may or may not support. :suspic:

The new look and My Career are going to be next gen exclusives which pretty much makes old gen buyers aware that they are re-buying 2k14 but that's not new, just want to make sure everyone knows.

More videos are available on youtube, and I'll put the links below in case my youtube tags are messed up. I pretty much just gathered these videos and tidbits form the 2k forums if you want to scope for more but beware. Every other thread is someone complaining about something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opjtRtB6kDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqVWGU3roJY

All in all. If I was them I wouldn't start the press blitz until the middle of this month. The commercial will probably be on Raw on the 15th or 27th. Which is good because when it comes to the gaming community every site is Destiny heavy at the moment, videos, reviews, tips, etc. But that's winding down and next they will be flooded with Destiny community announcements and then things will open up more with multiple new and established IPs releasing games in October. But that's just my guess.

Because of CM Punk WWE 2k15 is now being pushed back to release November 18th in America and November 21st internationally on the PS4 and the Xbox One. PS3 and 360 will still get WWE 2k15 on the previously announced dates.

Source: WWE 2k website.

Why would CM Punk be an issue? He is in the PS3/360 version and that is coming out on the 28th of October still.

Since there is a delay it makes sense so little has been available to the public about the current gen versions of the game.

The trailer is confirmed for Monday morning.

WTErGXs.png

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?722696-WWE-2K15-Gameplay-Trailer-Coming-Monday-9-22

The fact that we're this close to release day and they haven't talked about create-a-character mode severely worries me.

The fact that we're this close to release day and they haven't talked about create-a-character mode severely worries me.

It was the same thing last time. I'm assuming that it's not much different than last year's.. and if it is, then it'll be a cross between last year's and NBA MyPlayer. I'm more interested in other Creation Suites... Create-A-Story, Create-An-Arena, and Create-a-Championship need improvements and need to stay in the game.

smty4l.png

Anyone else get the game yesterday, I got wwe 2k15 and I must say the gameplay is good but I am looking forward to the Next Gen ps4 edition.

WWE 13' and 2k14 had a great list of current superstars and Legends like Bret Hart, Yokozuna, Goldberg, Razor Ramon, Nash, Macho Man. 2k15 only came available with Ultimate Warrior, I need to complete the Showcase and NxT mode and unlock some guys but I believe the character count is down from last years.

Anyone else get the game?

It was the same thing last time. I'm assuming that it's not much different than last year's.. and if it is, then it'll be a cross between last year's and NBA MyPlayer. I'm more interested in other Creation Suites... Create-A-Story, Create-An-Arena, and Create-a-Championship need improvements and need to stay in the game.

According to IGNs review of the PS4 and XB1 versions of the game Create-A-Story, Arena, Title and believe it or not the ability to create Divas were all omitted. On one hand the game reportedly has better gameplay in terms of actual wrestling, like the stamina bar reducing strike spamming and running attacks and the visuals are gorgeous but the removed features are a bummer. Apparently the cap wasn't lifted on the amount of wrestlers on screen at once, and the XB1 supports 6 human players to the PS4s 4. I'm going to get it, but I'm not entirely thrilled with this and I'm assuming most of these features will be restored next year.

My Next Gen Copy of the Game arrived in the post this morning. I had a quick chance to play before leaving for work. I've only done 4 singles matches:

Taker vs HHH
Orton vs Lesnar
Stone Cold vs Cena
Hogan vs Sting

Just to get a quick feel of the game before I had to leave. I have to say upon first impressions this Game is going to be Incredible. Feels great, looks great, and I haven't even sunk my teeth in properly yet.

We are on the right track people. Already I'm wondering how 2K16 would improve this years version.

We've had endless years of lack luster games. We really are in good hands with 2K. and with GTA V also coming out on next gen this week, I am a very happy gamer right now

I have to say upon first impressions this Game is going to be Incredible. Feels great, looks great, and I haven't even sunk my teeth in properly yet.

Really happy to hear this, I was very VERY concerned after the debacle regarding the PS3 & Xbox 360 release which was completely unacceptable. My copy arrived this morning but unfortunately I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow night to play it.

Regarding the gameplay itself, I've heard (and read) that it plays more methodical and slow, somewhat similar to that of Wrestlemania 2000 & No Mercy. Is that true? If so then I'll be very happy, previous instalments began to feel far too much like an arcade title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back