WWE 2K15

With Sting being announced as the pre-order character would it be safe to assume he can be purchased like Ultimate Warrior in time for any non pre orders?

With Sting being announced as the pre-order character would it be safe to assume he can be purchased like Ultimate Warrior in time for any non pre orders?

Yeah, I think it's pretty likely that will be the case. He'll probably get added to the shop around the time the DLC is released- usually Dec-Jan time isn't it?

Having him as the pre-order character is just a way to encourage gamers to buy the game on release day, with the opportunity to play as Sting as soon as they get the game rather than having to wait a few months to get him.

I shall be pre-ordering as I have done every single year since WWF Smackdown! was released on the PS1.

I remember every year my mom wouldn't have to worry about getting me much for Christmas, because she knew as long as I got svr, I was going to be happy. Now, for the last four or five years I couldn't care less. These WWE games are so bad, its like they haven't had any good ideas, so every year they try something new. Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes The Pain storylines were perfect (for what it was) you had options to do what you wanted, (you had choices to choose from, you wasnt forced to win a match, if you wanted to lose the championship you could and you would just go into a new/different storyline)u could roam around and go to different places like Vince's office, the gym, the parking lot, etc. Svr 06 brought the creation of Gm mode which gave the player the chance to be WWE/Vince. You had to keep your wrestlers happy or they would quit, you had to keep them getting notice or they would loose popularity all while competing against the other shows gm (it was awesome). Universe mode isn't even a bad idea, but every since its been created it has changed up every year.
Also please no more themed games tag team theme, attitude era, 30 years of wrestlemania( cool ideas on papper but they were just boring)
Give me a broader, choice driven story mode, universe mode mixed with gm mode(superstar morals, show/match ratings, power 25), maybe even a nxt type side mode and I'm sold.

2K really have to deliver the goods this year. After picking up where THQ left off last year it was understandable that they didn't have time to add much of their own input. To be fair, they did a damn good job with getting it out in time for the usual October release date.

The last five years of WWE video games have been the same for me: About a month of loving playing the game, to instant bordem and no replay value for the rest of the year.

For me personally, this is a make or break game. I have purcahsed every wrestling game since the 'N64 Wrestlemania 2000' days. If this year is to disappoint, then I can't justify taking part any more.

2K NEED to bring this genre back to life. SAVE_US_2K15

I liked wwe13 Attitude Ara mode, I just played some of the Austin/ McMahon and Bret Hart/ HBK matches again and enjoy it every time I play. WWE 14 I really liked reliving the 30-35 Wrestlemania matches, 2 great modes year after year, looking forward to wwe 15.

Last I read Goldberg wasn't in the game, how do the contracts work, can WWE put him in same as 2k14 or do they not own the material?

Same for CM Punk, can they put him in if they want or not if he isn't in contract anymore after this summer? Likelihood CM punk is out?

I only do the story modes to unlock everything. And I love those cut scenes where wrestlers move in slow motion and they rety to recreate stuff from the past.

This year the storyline will be WCW based. Mark my words.

There could indeed be another WCW storyline like there was in WWE 12 or we might have to do the same as what we've done in the past two games; play matches that have already happened. Personally, I'm bored of that being the only feature. Replaying matches is actually fun, but when it's the only thing to do, the game is boring as hell. I mean, a WWE Universe cutscene for me is just a random stare down between two stars.

What I would like to see in this game is a fresh and creative storyline as well as the 'relive historical moments' mode. I would like for it to be something to do with NXT where you start out in the developmental system and eventually end up main eventing Wrestlemania. On the other hand, there have been all of these rumours flying around that it's about WCW. The Sting announcement pretty much gives us a bit more speculation that this is the case. I would be OK with that but again, I don't only want to replay matches. I want there to be a well developed story mode which could be about an invasion or whatever. I wouldn't mind that and I guess it would be very enjoyable given that the nWo, Sting, Goldberg and Flair are all likely to be in the game as opposed to playing against Arn Anderson, Vader and the Road Warriors like in WWE 12.

Edit: Make it possible for more than 6 guys to be in the ring already.

There could indeed be another WCW storyline like there was in WWE 12 or we might have to do the same as what we've done in the past two games; play matches that have already happened. Personally, I'm bored of that being the only feature. Replaying matches is actually fun, but when it's the only thing to do, the game is boring as hell. I mean, a WWE Universe cutscene for me is just a random stare down between two stars.

What was WCW related in wwe 12' I forget.

What was WCW related in wwe 12' I forget.

There was this angle where WCW stars invaded WWE and you had to fight them off using Sheamus, Triple H, Jacob Cass (your own CAW) and others. WWE lost the Wrestlemania match but reclaimed the company when you get a rematch at Starrcade. The stupid thing was that it was 8 vs 8 or something in the final match but only 6 were allowed in the ring, so when one was eliminated, another entered.

Going to check it out tomorrow, just read a few write up's on it, I didn't do the 3 storyline modes in wwe 12. Thank you all.

Villain Story
Outsider Story
Hero Story

I just found this on "The Wrestling Mania" website.

Credit: IGN

Year on year, Yuke’s has consistently found ways to make their WWE games more dense and feature complete, and from the first details we’ve gotten on WWE 2K15, that trend is going to continue. Let’s take a broad overview of just what you can expect from this year’s outing in the squared circle – both on last-gen and current gen – starting with the new story mode, 2K Showcase.

Last year, WWE 2K14 electrified with its sprawling campaign mode, 30 Years of Wrestlemania. 2K15 is looking to tell a more focused, up-close-and-personal story than the broad historic view offered in 2K14. 2K Showcase will be broken up into two episodes, each one focusing in tightly on an epic rivalry from the WWE’s past. Think of them as mini-documentaries of a sort. Could it be Rock vs Austin? Undertaker vs Kane? 2K hasn’t spilled the beans just yet, but rest assured we’ll be the first to know, and when we do, so will you. If the excellent 30 Years of Wrestlemania was any indication, though, the authenticity of the presentation will make these rivalries a treat to play through.

In addition to reliving these golden WWE memories, you’ll finally have a true, discreet career mode for your created wrestlers in MyCareer. This mode has been lifted from NBA 2K14 and adapted to the WWE environment. While I didn’t think the mode had the right synergy with the NBA, the WWE seems like a logical place to apply it. Imagine replacing all those cheese-ball, amateur hour characters and cutscenes with authentically voiced and mo-capped WWE Superstars. You get the picture. Exact details of the mode are still forthcoming, but we do know that it will be on the current-gen version only. Sorry, 360/PS3 stalwarts.
No matter what version you play, though, you’ll get to enjoy the fruits of Visual Concepts’ involvement. Over 50 days worth of motion capture sessions went on at 2K’s state-of-the-art mo-cap facility, where WWE Superstars spent hours getting their signature moves digitally recreated. All told, WWE 2K15features five times (FIVE TIMES! FIVE TIMES!) the animation data of 2K14. Thankfully, just as much effort has gone into improving the way the game sounds, the color commentary in particular. Over four times as many lines were recorded this time around, which should go a long way towards spicing up what has consistently been one of the franchise’s presentational low points.

So that’s what you can expect in terms of new features and modes.

Read more at http://www.thewrestlingmania.com/ar...ry-career-modes-revealed/#ygzYj7RJTu01ZdMe.99

It sounds pretty cool, especially this "MyCareer" mode...I don't have an X-Box One or PS4 though, so I'll probably wait and see if this mode turns out to be any good, before deciding if this game is good enough to force me to upgrade to the next Gen console.

John_Cena_First_Screen.jpg

^ From IGN

First screen of 2K15.

Looks very impressive compared to last gen, check out the rendering on Cena's hair!

Very impressive image, Looking forward to the 1st game on next Gen xbox 1 and ps4. I've been counting down till October. :)

Bigger picture (click it). Shockingly, it doesn't look godawful. No, it actually looks good. Most fans, myself included, had given up hope and were expecting yet another coat of paint over the same old shit Yuke's churned out year after year. Of course, it could just be a particularly nice coat of a paint this year, but this looks different enough to suggest they might have actually made a new game, or a big chunk of one, rather than just rijigging the same broken, bloated thing they already had.

With Sting finally in the game, and hopefully adding all of the WCW SuperStars used in previous games, I’d like to see a story mode where they recreate the WCW / ECW Invasion angle, finally using the Stars that the WWE should have used. It’s time to right the wrong the WWE has done to us from July to November 2001!!

Bigger picture (click it). Shockingly, it doesn't look godawful. No, it actually looks good. Most fans, myself included, had given up hope and were expecting yet another coat of paint over the same old shit Yuke's churned out year after year. Of course, it could just be a particularly nice coat of a paint this year, but this looks different enough to suggest they might have actually made a new game, or a big chunk of one, rather than just rijigging the same broken, bloated thing they already had.

Ah well Sammy, they are going to next gen now. Everyone would have chewed them out if they'd done no revamping.

I think the game is gonna still be on PS3/360 though, and I haven't bought one of those since '12. How different that will be is what I am looking to see next.

Also, haven't they basically been on the Smackdown 1 engine from like 1999 all the way through the series?

Ah well Sammy, they are going to next gen now. Everyone would have chewed them out if they'd done no revamping.

This would be true, only, well:

Also, haven't they basically been on the Smackdown 1 engine from like 1999 all the way through the series?

Yuke's and 2K knew they could still sell gangbusters with their rehash strategy - hence WWE 2K14 existing - so any departure from that plan will still be genuinely surprising.

This would be true, only, well:

Yuke's and 2K knew they could still sell gangbusters with their rehash strategy - hence WWE 2K14 existing - so any departure from that plan will still be genuinely surprising.

Every year what they do is basically the same, I agree; some graphical dressing up while underneath you can still feel this ancient dinosaur of a game.

But I think it is safe to say the dinosaur looks very slick this year. I am looking forward to a look at new characters such as Bray (was he in the last one, I have no idea)

However I'm disappointed that Sting is reduced to "Pre-order this game now!!" It sort of makes you give them your money before the game is out or you get not the whole game. It's misleading; they aren't lying but going "STING IS IN! if you pre-order" is basically like demanding some sort of weird arachnid deposit. It will lock me into the PS3 version if I do get it, and I'll feel like I have a lesser product if I don't pre-order.

I feel like this is not okay, am I justified in feeling that or am I just being a whiny little kent?

However I'm disappointed that Sting is reduced to "Pre-order this game now!!" It sort of makes you give them your money before the game is out or you get not the whole game. It's misleading; they aren't lying but going "STING IS IN! if you pre-order" is basically like demanding some sort of weird arachnid deposit. It will lock me into the PS3 version if I do get it, and I'll feel like I have a lesser product if I don't pre-order.

I feel like this is not okay, am I justified in feeling that or am I just being a whiny little kent?

Sting will almost certainly be released as a DLC character later in the year, as the other pre-order characters have been in the past, so chill out.

I can totally see why it's annoying to fans though as if they want to play as Sting (for the first time ever as an official character in a WWE game) they need to hand the money over before the release date, when there is always the possibility that the game may be absolutely terrible. It's a gamble you have to take if you want the pre-order character.

I reckon the game will be great though. I never get the criticism these games get every year. I've bought every one since WWF Smackdown! on the original PlayStation and play each one up until the next one is released. Sure, some aren't as good as others but they are all enjoyable.

I'm just waiting for General Manager Mode or some iteration of it to return. Why is that so hard to include. Increases the replay value of the game 10x.

That WWE Universe shit is a cheap knockoff smh. :suspic:.

This year's game was always going to crap on the recent ones. THQ was going broke and it hurt the game. 2k buying the license was always going to be great as Visual Concepts were going to get their hands on it, unfortunately the transfer happened too soon into 2k14, and you knew they were giving it the proper treatment when Cena said it was the first time the cover had been done in the studio. Add in that they are moving upto next-gen or the current gen as it is now known and it was always going to look better. The fact that wwe2k14 never went to next gen and nba did is going to be a blessing in disguise as 2k have now had an experience with the consoles and its not their first attempt

But I think it is safe to say the dinosaur looks very slick this year. I am looking forward to a look at new characters such as Bray (was he in the last one, I have no idea)

Bray wasn't in it last year, which I remember being really disappointing. I'm always interested to see the roster every year; not just for who's on it but the version of them included. This year the big question marks for me are whether or not we'll see any NXT representation and if we'll still see the SHIELD Rollins or the newer, Authority Rollins. It's practically impossible to keep the roster completely up to date, so it's really more of a question of who than if.

It's a justified feeling but I honestly wouldn't worry too much. Almost all of these preorder specials end up as DLC down the line anyways and I don't know why they'd change that now. Not to mention that it would probably be pretty easy to recreate him assuming they'll have his moveset/attire/music available, not to mention Community Creations. Either way, I doubt you'll have to wait long.

A further small update:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/08/wwe-2k15-first-in-game-shots-of-randy-orton-ready-to-strike-on-ps4-and-xbox-one-ign-first

Orton_1.jpg

Orton_2.jpg

More freaking amazing in-game screenshots, this time of Orton [Credit: IGN] Notice a very small slight scar & bald area which I hadn't noticed on Orton in real life.

Very detailed! New logo appears to be part of the game logo too. IGN says these screens are marked as being "work in progress" which may refer to the undetailed crowd. The facial expression on Orton in the second one is bang on to real life.

If that MyCareer mode is only available on next gen consoles then I'm debating not even getting the game. It's going to have to be really good for me to change my mind. Sting being in the game while that's cool will not change my mind.

With as little as I play the games from the last two years there really isn't too much of a reason for me to get this.

And I'm sure as fuck not going out and buying a next gen system for two games. The other would be UFC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back