Wrestling Books

TheSportsGuy1014

The Anonymous General Manager
I am looking for some good wrestling books to read... some of the previous titles I have read are

Controversy Creates Cash by Eric Bischoff
Countdown to Lockdown by Mick Foley

and am in the process of reading Undisputed by Chris Jericho

Wondering what books you have read that you found enjoyable and would suggest to someone else to read?

HELP ME OUT!

Bastista the animal unleashed is pretty good. He doesnt hold back and isn't afraid to speak his mind about wrestlers he disagreed with in his time but also is able to admit when he may have been in the wrong. Not as well written as Undisputed but still pretty good.

If you like Undisputed then definately read "A lions Tale" by Chris Jericho.
Foley is good is also a worthwhile read.

Chris Jericho A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex is good. I believe it's the book before Undisputed. Anyway it's very enjoyable to read and it's fun to see what Chris did as a kid. Chris is a great author to be honest, I'm going to start reading Undisputed soon, I brought it a couple of days a go but haven't read any of it yet.

yeah sure i can suggest a couple to you that i read and really enjoyed.

Shawn Michaels Heartbreak & Trimuph (i might have spelled that wrong) but this book was 1 of the best books i ever read i really enjoyed it and it kept my interest all the way through.

another one i really enjoyed was...

Adam Copleand On EDGE: great book,edge is a really funny guy and i learned alot about him that i never knew before plus there was some good stories about his childhood that made me laugh.

both of those books were great i highley suggest reading them

alright well the wrestling books I have read are..

Mick Foley
"Have a Nice Day....A tale of blood and sweatsocks"
"Foley is good"
"the Hardcore Diaries"
"Countdown to Lockdown"

Chris Jericho
A Lion's tale (I'm tired of quotation marks...)
Undisputed..

Shawn Michaels Autobiography
Bret Hart's Autobiography
the Rocks autobiography
Ric Flair's Autobiography
Golddust's autobiography
Wrestlecrap's "the death of WCW" and the "Book of lists"

I'd suggest in all honesty to avoid the Rock's Book... I hated it.. A) its not a current book and thus misses a lot of his career, but also B) it just doesn't flow... He continually types in the 3rd person as the rock, and doesn't really explain anything personally.... It literally was just a cash in on the popularity of Mankind's bio at the top of the Rock's popularity and thus doesn't really capture the personality of the rock...

Anyways... my suggestions..

Mankind's first book (Have a nice day) was my favorite wrestling book I've read.... It's amazing... You need to get it the first chance you can..

Jericho's first book (lion's tale) also a great book... my 2nd favorite wrestling book... If you're reading undisputed, it's more of the same but even better...

Mankind's 2nd book "foley is good" Another great book detailing some more in foley's history... You can skip the additional part at the end where he talks about some of the trouble WWE got into with the whole PTC scandal....

wrestlecrap's death of wcw.... Great retrospective on the death of WCW and what/who caused it... interesting read..

Mankind's Hardcore Diaries..... It was intersting if not slightly angtsy due to everything that happened with them..

Wrestlecrap's book of lists.. A great "toilet" book.. Something to read in short spurts... Interesting and nostalgic...

Shawn Michaels autobiography... A pretty in depth look at his career with some rose colored glasses, but not over the top... he admits his faults and glosses over some other faults... good read regardless...

Dustin Rhodes (golddust's) book... Amazing read just due to some of the things that went on in his life... Id reccomend it..

Mankind's Countdown to Lockdown... It's an interesting book. just not filled with enough "substance" compared to his other ones...

Ric Flair's book... A pretty fair and unbiased (sorta) look into flair's life... A pretty good read, but nothing over the top awesome...

Bret Hart's book... A book that was pretty good, but just know that you're getting the Bret that was never going to forgive Vince for what happend at Montreal, and thus you're going to get something skewed at that portion... Other than that its somewhat interesting, albeit different than I thought Bret Hart was going to be.... If you loved Bret as a kid, you will lose all faith in your childhood idol..... just warning you...

Far and away the top two for me are Mick Foley's first two, "Have a Nice Day" and "Foley is Good". Mick is just a great writer and when you combine his storytelling of various matches throughout his entire career including his beginnings, Japan, etc. all the way through his WWE career it makes for a couple great reads...the first a little more than the second since it obviously has more backstory. His witty humor and perfect mix of life in and out the ring make those two the measuring stick for all others. Obviously people would agree since as how they're both New York Times Bestsellers.

I've actually not read a wrestling book in years, but there are a few that I'd really like to pick up which are Bischoff's "Controversy Creates Cash", Jericho's two, and Edge and Dustin Rhodes' autobiographies. Getting some insight into some of your favorite stars growing up is pretty cool and shows you how hard it is to achieve the success that those guys have.

Ive read Bret Harts book, thought it was a very interesting read.

Ive also read Hulk Hogans 'my life outside the ring', which, although I am a Hulkamaniac, I didnt find that interesting.

Ive read Death of WCW and thought that was great.

Also read the 'Rise & Fall of ECW' book, which has pretty much the same info as the dvd.

Ive listened to the 'Have A Nice Day' audiobook if that counts.

And Ive recently purchased 'Countdown To Lockdown' which I plan to read after I finish my current book

I enjoyed reading Bobby Heenan's book. He doesn't talk a lot of crap about everyone... more interesting to read about his background, his road stories with Andre, and transitioning from wrestler to manager to commentator.

A little older but a good read :)

Glad you're reading Undisputed, it's by far my favorite book by a wrestler that i've read so far. I've read Shawn's autobio, Foley's Have A Nice Day and both of Jericho's. Definitely read Lions Tale, if you're reading Undisputed it's a must and it's just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back