Have you ever wished to get a good idea how the wrestling business works?

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Because some fuckstick in the WWE forums decided to plagiarize a book, I am going to post this thread before I was really wanting to. I hope he enjoys his week ban.

Anyways, I just finished reading a book called "Drawing Heat The Hard Way". It is written by a man named Larry Matysik (who also wrote Brody, a book I've been meaning to read for a while), with many successful years in wrestling. The book provides some GREAT information on the wrestling business, with some interesting and well-told stories to complement the information.

Some of the things he touches upon is successful booking, commentators, working, but most of all, making money. It is literally the Wrestling Business 101, and is a GREAT read for all you smark monkeys who think that a guy like Amazing Red is a better pro wrestler than Hulk Hogan because he can do a bunch of flips.

It is a great read, and I highly encourage any and everyone to read it. If you can find it in a library, I definitely recommend checking it out as opposed to buying it, as it really isn't a book you'll want to read a second time through. But, it is certainly worth a first time read.
51JkR6jeooL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Heat-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252773663&sr=8-1

Use this thread to discuss whether or not you have read this book, wish to read this book, or to give other examples of good books on the topic of the wrestling business. Do not use it to discuss Heartbreak and Triumph, Bret Hart's book, etc. Just books on how the business works. Thanks.

Cheers Sly, looks like it could be a good read. Might search the net and see if I can buy it, I'd love to learn more about the inner workings of wreslting, booking and everything else that happens behind the scenes.

So is it relating more to WWE or another promotion? Or is it just wrestling in general? And who is this Larry Matysik guy? Actually I'll wiki him and see what comes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back