What's the best wrestling autobiography you ever read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ric Flair: To Be The Man

I was always a huge fan of Ric Flair, and reading his biography was a real treat. He took some shots at Foley and Bret Hart, but the book was still a fun read. Some of Flair's stories were hilarious, and I had blast as I read about one of the most legendary careers in pro wrestling.

Also, I enjoyed Rock's book. The Rock was and still is one of my favorites, so I did have a good time as I read his autobiography years ago, but it still doesn't measure up to Flair's book.

Right now I'm in the middle of Jericho's 2nd book and its so good. I've also read his 1st book, Have a Nice Day, and Rock's book. I own all 4 of Foley's books and I also have Batista's but haven't gotten around to reading them.
Jericho's two books are my favorite so far, they just take you throgh nearly every emotion and I read it during a hard time and it had surprisingly helped me through it. Then I'd say Have a Nice Day was my next favorite, its a great book but just didn't get me as personal. Then The Rock's I suppose, it was ok but real annoying half way through when he kept changing from 1st to 3rd person.
I didn't know that Bret's book was so good, thank you forum people I'll have to check that out.

Jericho's books. Read them both. Seriously. The first one was really good, giving you some behind the scene stuff at WCW that Bishoff didn't mention. The second one was really well done as well, and since it was a WWE book, it was a surprise they allowed a whole section on Chris Benoit. This really was an emotion roller coaster of a book, with jokes that will probably make you actually catch yourself laughing out loud a few times.

Brock Lesnar's Death Clutch was a really fun and fast read. The only problem was that it was so short. Goldust's book Cross Roads was another fast read. I've have to say my least favorite autobiographies would be Hulk Hogan's book and Jerry Lawler. Lawler's had some good stories, but it was really boring. Terry Funk, Ric Flair, and Roddy Piper put out some good books. Edge's first book was in character so it wasn't that great.

My top 5 would be
1. Bret Hart: My Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling
2. Chris Jericho: Undisputed
3. Mick Foley: Have a Nice Day
4. Chris Jericho: A Lion's Tale
5. HBK: Heartbreak & Triumph

Bret Hart's book was really insightful and a book I could not put down. It covers everything in his family, his time in WWE and WCW. Also his thoughts on Owen's tragedy, the Benoit murders, and the Montreal Screwjob. Both of Jericho's books are very entertaining, but his newest book shared a little more information about his first and second run in WWE. He also shared his Fozzy career and other side projects.

Foley's first book is a classic and Countdown to Lockdown isn't bad either.

first of all let me say this is a pretty cool idea and i like it alot!

now ive read edge's book,1 of jericho's books,the dx book,both of shawn michaels books and mick foleys book and rey mysterios book and i must say the BEST ONE i ever read would have to be Shawn Michaels Heart Break & Triumph! it was really good,really intersting,i learned alot about my idol (yes i still idolize the showstopper i always have sense i was a little kid and always will) and it was really good info in it! he doesnt trash talk anybody in it like other people have and it goes from his child hood all the way up to a few years before his retirement and honestly i loved every chapter in it! a close 2nd would have to be "Adam Copeland On Edge" because that was also very good and edge is really funny in it i hope he writes another book in the near future

Bret Hart's is at the top my list, it's a great read. I recommend that to anyone who love wrestling it will not disappoint. I would say it's my number 1

Also both of Jericho books are phenomenal, Edge's book is a good read, all of Foley's autobiographical stuff is great, Eric Bischoff's book was great as well.

A forgotten one is the Ric Flair's book. It's insightful, opinionated and a fantastic read.

I think a 2nd book from Edge would definitely be worth a look, also one from Christian (not published by WWE), Undertaker, Glen Jacobs(Kane), I would even like to see a John Cena one.

I've read a lot of books, but the one that I love the most is Batista's. Yeah, the stuff in there can be kind of iffy at times, but the book itself is a very interesting read. I just never could put the book down when I read it.

And after that, I would have to say that Ric Flair's is the best autobiography in terms of read. I hate the fact that Mark madden had a hand in it, but the book was in fact a really great book... and when I got it signed a few months ago, it made it that much bigger.

I have only read 3.

mick foley-have a nice day
Jericoh-Lions tale
Shawn Micheals-Heartbreak & triumph

and i acyualy rank them in that order even thoe im a huge HBK mark.I guess its because i already had seen the heartbreak & triumph dvd and it was pretty much the same.But i read Have a nice day atleast 2times a year,and everytime i do it just makes me pissed an TNA for not letting Foley be Foley!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back