• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleZone Favorite Wrestlers

Vega

^______^
As you may have noticed, I held a tournament where people could send me a list of their Top 20 favourite wrestlers. I gave points accordingly to wrestlers' positions on the lists and added them to create an ultimate WrestleZone Most Loved Wrestlers List. You can read about it here.

Points were given as follows:
#20: 1 point
#19: 2 p. (1 more)
#18: 4 p. (2 more)
#17: 7 p. (3 more)
#16: 11 p. (4 more)
#15: 16 p. (5 more)
#14: 22 p. (6 more)
#13: 29 p. (7 more)
#12: 37 p. (8 more)
#11: 46 p. (9 more)
#10: 56 p. (10 more)
#09: 67 p. (11 more)
#08: 79 p. (12 more)
#07: 92 p. (13 more)
#06: 106 p. (14 more)
#05: 121 p. (15 more)
#04: 137 p. (16 more)
#03: 154 p. (17 more)
#02: 172 p. (18 more)
#01: 191 p. (19 more)
First of all, thanks to all of you who participated.

In total, ten people took part. Granted, that's not a big number and was my minimum goal. And of course that's not very representative, but at least it was enough for an interesting list.

I may held other contests of this kind, for example Greatest Wrestler or Most Hated Wrestler, but I need to be sure that enough people participate. Therefore, if you would like to participate in upcoming votings, let me know in this thread.

Anyway, let's come to the real part, here are your 20 Most Loved Wrestlers:

Pictures were made by cpt.charisma who creates mods for Total Extreme Wrestling (only ten pictures allowed... oh well...)
#20:

THE GREAT MUTA

The undisputed love of one member was enough to snatch a spot on the list. The Japanese legend ranks 20th with 191 points.
#19:

JOHN CENA

The most prominent superstar of this generation struggled to place his name in this list. In the end, three mentions and 195 points did the job.
#18:

EDGE

There Rated R Superstar leaves impressions. Often mentioned, but mostly too low to make a significant impact. #18.
#17:

EDDIE GUERRERO

No cheating was needed to conquer rank 17. The love of three member and 241 points were sufficient.
#16:

BRYAN DANIELSON

The American Dragon is famous for delivering highlights. Two high votes made the 16th rank perfect.
#15:

CHRIS BENOIT

Despite the horrible incident surrounding his death, the Rabid Wolverine is not forgotten and still has a lot of fans. #15 for many votes.
#14:

HULK HOGAN

The biggest legend of wrestling was able to get mentioned some times, once even on top. Place 14 is surely not what Hogan aims for, but this time it doesn't get higher.
#13:

JOHN MORRISON

Still waiting to make the huge impact, JoMo has already shown a lot of his unique skills which got him many fans. The Monday Night Delight flies to the 13th rank.
#12:

AJ STYLES

TNA's greatest talent gets love despite being booked very underwhelming. On the other hand, his maneuvers and style are all but underwhelming and #12 is the result.
#11:

CM PUNK

The Straight Edge godfather struggles to get big wins, but is always over nevertheless. This time, he slightly misses the Top 10 and lands on the 11th place.
#10:

brethart2.th.jpg

BRET HART

The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be. Not most loved, but enough to get his name into the Top 10.
#09:

kurtangle5.th.jpg

KURT ANGLE

A lot of people would argue he his the best active wrestler. The legitimate athlete gets 525 points and spot nine.
#08:

steveaustin.th.jpg

STEVE AUSTIN

Defining "badass", Stone Cold raised hell wherever he went. The wake of his actions leaves him at #08.
#07:

christiancageb.th.jpg

CHRISTIAN

Captain Charisma never managed to reach the highest regions, but the fans admire him nevertheless. Judging by fan love, Christian is a true Main Eventer and captures rank seven over some legends.
#06:

sting12.th.jpg

STING

The face of WCW. Surfer or dark hero, Sting was focal point of a decade and some of the greatest (and worst) angles ever. Ten years later, he managed to conquer another world title and place six in this contest.
#05:

mickfoley.th.jpg

MICK FOLEY

Some claim he's god. A sure thing is that he's a true legend and one - no - some of the most significant faces of pro wrestling. Voted nine out of ten times, Foley captured 674 points and a spot in the Top 5.
#04:

shawnmichaels22.th.jpg

SHAWN MICHAELS

Universally praised for his breathtaking performances, Shawn Michaels is a legend in his own right. Only one point ahead of Foley and one place behind the Top 3, the Heartbreak Kid lands at #04.
#03:

chrisjericho3.th.jpg

CHRIS JERICHO

Welcome to... WrestleZone... is... Jericho! This is where the dizzying heights begin. Jericho is a wrestler with no flaws, a legend on the mic and in the ring with a unique look, wether face or heel. A Top 3 spot is the reward.
#02:

undertaker10.th.jpg

THE UNDERTAKER

This is the Undertaker, a legend which dictated two decades and holds the greatest accomplishment in all of pro wrestling. Undefeated on the biggest stage and the most respected wrestler in the world. This time, that's only enough for place #02.
#01:

therock4.th.jpg

THE ROCK

Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner! The most electrifying man in all of entertainment is also the most loved wrestler on WrestleZone. He got more points than anyone else, so congratulations to a well-deserved victor!

Would you like to see this format return?

Any suggestions to make it better? For example, I thought about reducing the number of list items by participant to ten to reduce the effort in participating.

Any topics you'd like to see? I was thinking about "greatest matches".

I never saw this at the time, but looking back you did a very good job here. I'd be happy to participate another time. You had favourite wrestlers here so what about 'the best' wrestlers next?

I wish I would have seen this to participate. I would love to see you do this again sometime. I will say that I am shocked that Ric Flair wasn't in the Top 20.

This is a really awesome concept, but as you said would be much more effective if more people participated. Missed it the first time, but if you do another I'll try to keep my eye out for it. If you want, send me a PM or rep to remind me, but I'll try and look for it.

It's harder to rank matches, in my opinion, so if you were going to go with that I'd suggest a Top 10 instead of 20. Perhaps a Top Faces or Top Heels. Or maybe just a Top 20 of the 21st Century? Wrestling PPVs? I don't know, so many options available to you, but nicely done. I"m sure a lot of work went into this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back