WrestleZone Fantasy Baseball League

My bad, converting fantasy names to WZ on the fly can be a little iffy.

Lahair is currently a top 75 ranked player, where Avila is floating around 400 or so, Avila has only had one good season, which was last year; Lahair is getting his first opportunity and is tearing it up. Just seems like a really unbalanced trade.

The mix of projections I use would lead me to prefer Avila to LaHair, but we're all entitled to our own opinions. If we all thought of the game the same, fantasy baseball would be boring.

The mix of projections I use would lead me to prefer Avila to LaHair, but we're all entitled to our own opinions. If we all thought of the game the same, fantasy baseball would be boring.

Ain't that the truth.

My experience has lead me to believe that you if you bank too much on last years stats, well, that's exactly where you'll end up, in last.

The reality of Alex Avila lies somewhere between his 10'-11' stats, and valuing him at his 2011 rank this far into the 12' season is just not smart fantasy baseball. I mean, I may have been willing to part with Molina (especially with Ellis being on the waivers at the time) if he had sweetened the pot a little but. Instead Jglass gets to dump a cold bat, adds the hot hitting AJ Ellis and gets Lahair to boot, While LJL loses power from Lahair and now has no option but to start Avila everyday and hope he's at least half of what he was last year, when he probably could have just added Ellis himself and kept Lahair; but what do I know, I've only won the WZ fantasy league on back to back years. ;)

Maybe I picked up AJ Ellis so I could use my powerhouse catchers to leverage a sweet deal for myself.

Fantasy football tactics FTW!

Maybe I picked up AJ Ellis so I could use my powerhouse catchers to leverage a sweet deal for myself.

Fantasy football tactics FTW!

I don't blame ya! I was back and forth on Ellis for a couple days before you snagged him. I still think Lahair for for Avila straight up is a terribly lopsided trade, but It seems I'm really the only one who thinks so... so more power to ya.

Yeah seems like JGlass keeps getting some lopsided deals in his favor. This one currently is a tad lopsided and the other one he had was ridiculous (Carpenter/Bedard for Cespedes/Young/Hudson, aka 3 starters for 1 guy that's still gonna be out for a while and another guy that can barely stay on the field).

Fuck, guys, if you want trades hit me up. I'll be willing to take your better players off your hands.

6470.haters_gonna_hate_29.jpg

Anybody out there interested in dealing a closer? Just gauging interest in who might be available.

Also, I have 4 pitchers that are starting today. Ridiculous. But if all 4 of them have good games, I should be able to rally and beat that lousy Canadian, Showtime.

That was you. For some reason I thought you were Huntington Liquors. Meh... all I can say is you got lucky. My hitters went ice cold and decided to put on white garbs or something cause all I saw on my scoreboard were K, K, K's.

In actually, I feel very fortunate to be where I am in the standings. My pitching has been unbelievable and I think I made the two best free agent pickups for pitchers in Peavy and Zambrano. Aside from Jamie Garcia, I knew of no one else on my pitching staff after the draft.

Anybody out there interested in dealing a closer? Just gauging interest in who might be available.

I've been holding onto Drew Storen from Washington all this time. Should be back playing by the beginning of June. If you're interested make me an offer.

Alright since my season is pretty hopeless at this point, & I'm having a hard time giving a shit, I figure it's time to make things a little more interesting. I'm (The Balking Dead) willing to entertain serious trade offers for ANYBODY on my team, anybody want to make a trade, I'll probably do it, as long as it isn't something completely ridiculous & one sided.

Being in last place with little to no hope of making the playoffs gives me the luxury of being a little crazy., BTW Mr. Commisioner, maybe if he had more than one fucking DL spot I wouldn't be in such a shitty spot:glare:

:lmao: So everybody wants Hanrahan huh...

I'll have to take a closer look at all trade offers when I get home in a few hours.

You want to try and do something against the Boston Red Skulls and give me some breathing room against them.

I'll make a trade with you for Chase Utley. What are you in desperate need of?

Alright since my season is pretty hopeless at this point, & I'm having a hard time giving a shit, I figure it's time to make things a little more interesting. I'm (The Balking Dead) willing to entertain serious trade offers for ANYBODY on my team, anybody want to make a trade, I'll probably do it, as long as it isn't something completely ridiculous & one sided.

I feel some people seem to being missing that part in the bold.

I just wanted to brag about picking up Ben Sheets off the waiver wire.

I was worried about how to replace Strasburg. I think I'm okay on that front.

Apparently, I went with bare minimum pitchers. Oh, and pick up as many people as possible that will end up on the DL (but Justin beat me in that category)

Hey Justin, could you have at least thrown a dinner at the Olive Garden into that deal? I'm just asking because I like to be wined and dined before I get FUCKED.

Trying to take my only active second baseman...

:lmao:It's not like I'm trying to dump all my DL players on you, in exchange for a couple healthy stars & a guy coming off DL, besides you're the one that put your only second baseman on the table initially. I willing to work with you here, is the fact the he's your only second basemen the issue? We can fix that, I have a second basemen or two I'm willing to part with, I'm sure one of them would fit your team nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back