Wrestlers' looks that you like but are hated by others

Ever since "It" happened, I've seen a lot of hate for Sheamus' new look. I personally believe that this attitude is completely stupid.

Alright so he looks more like a cariacature of an Irishman than an actual Irishman, but he looked like that beforehand anyway. Sheamus has a ripped, muscly look while retaining the comic-book-like appearance necessary for a wrestler. He could be a supervillain. It's a bizarre look but you're not going to forget it quickly. He looks like a damn viking or something, a true ancient warrior. His beard makes him look like he belongs in the company of Thorin Oakenshield or something, it's freaking great. In other words, Sheamus looks exactly how a wrestler should look.

I won't deny that the booking surrounding Sheamus has been hit-n-miss for 2015. But his look is a strong point in his favour.

Are there any wrestlers whose looks have been decried that you personally thought were good?

Well after his de-masking years ago revealing he had very little hair I'll pick Kane. I never understood why they still add the wig with his mask now when we clearly see he has short hair. Apart from that I believe he is a good worker, even as he climbs in age to his latter 40s. I've always wondered why the wig still?

Tyler Breeze. I didn't like the look on John Morrison and my opinion still hasn't changed. Never cared for the faux fir look.

Jesus fucking Christ. I swear that I was thinking exactly the same thing just earlier, since I have been watching Battleground '15 and I wondered/pondered on the aspect of the "you look stupid" chants during the Sheamus-Orton match.

I even vaguely decided to create a thread about it, "Does he really look stupid? " because I just didn't see anything stupid about his look. The haircut may not exactly have lent a demonic/dangerous/scary semblance to him to the extent that The Undertaker's Ministry look might have, but IMO it's just a mohawk, nothing more nothing less. If anything, the "you look stupid" chants from Battleground and God knows since when(and from thence)..are what is stupid.

I agree that it does resonate somewhat with Vikings and all that. Those stupid chants and his booking throughout 2015 really ruined what could otherwise, quite plausibly, have been Sheamus' year as WWE's resident destroyer, analogous to those fierce European savages we read about in history- from the barbarians to Angles, Saxons, Vikings, and all that. (Wish I knew more about it!)

I can't think of any other wrestler who suffered on account of his stupid look. Jeff Hardy made a fortune out of looking stupid(drunk, dazed, dumb hair colours) in 2009. I think in the good ol' days, there used to be these big guys in the WWF with a similar gimmick/portrayal as warriors- Ultimate Warrior for one, Berzerker, Warlord, Akeem(Adam Bomb?) and Tatanka. I loved Tatanka!

William Regal! That's the name that came to my mind when this question was asked. He never had that physique which Vince McMahon would adore. But I always think that it suited his gimmick. Being the British Street Brawler, Ambassador of Goodwill, General Manager, The Best Technical Wrestler, regardless of those gimmicks I never had complained about his looks. Some people might not see that as a necessary look of a WWE Superstar but I think the otherwise.

I'm a big fan of Sheamus' look. He himself pitched it when he first came to WWE, he always wanted to do the braided beard and mohawk, but was told no. Now he's at a high enough level where he can do whatever he wants with his look.

As for my own pick, I'd have to go with Batista's full beard and head of hair he had for a few brief periods (most recently in the latter part of his 2014 return). I thought it looked awesome, but all I heard was "go back to shaved head and clean-shaven!". He looked much more intimidating with the beard to me.

Stardust? I think he looks cool...
Also Jeff Hardy looks badass.

Ziggler's new look, trying to be HBK 2.0. Not that big on.

Sasha Banks, she annoys the shit out of me in media interviews, sounds like a little kid on crack... but i always thought she had a unique look that i hear most people don't care for.

Sheamus is another one. He doesn't look stupid at all, he has the most badass look in WWE.

William Regal! That's the name that came to my mind when this question was asked. He never had that physique which Vince McMahon would adore. But I always think that it suited his gimmick. Being the British Street Brawler, Ambassador of Goodwill, General Manager, The Best Technical Wrestler, regardless of those gimmicks I never had complained about his looks. Some people might not see that as a necessary look of a WWE Superstar but I think the otherwise.

Regal grew into the look over time - his attire was goofy but as he aged with the longer hair, it worked better for him - he was more like an aging dandy than the snob of the past.

A lot of the late/80's and early 90's looks get stick but weren't bad at all... even going back to guys like Repo Man, IRS, the look itself wasn't bad - just the execution of the character.

The one I always thought deserved better respect was Davey Boy's dreadlocked look - it fit him perfectly and it was a sad day when he came back with an odd cut... then he cropped it and that's the look most associate with him now... shorter trunks etc...

But that classic look with the cape, dreads and Winston was really strong. The only downer was the cape did show his lack of height, as he'd outstretch almost as wide as he was tall.

Personally, I always preferred the Skip Sheffield ring attire rather than the Ryback ring attire. When I think big but not overly giant guys in WWE, I think of guys like Hulk Hogan or Ultimate Warrior who had a physique to showcase. And Ryback has that same physique. I don't know why he chooses the singlet, but it annoys the mess out of me. Personally, I would rather him go back to a modified version of the Nexus attire he had.

Chris Jericho with short hair, short tights, and a lackluster physique. Particularly when he was World Heavyweight Champion and wearing the belt made it seem like that was the only thing he had on.

Talk about heat. That was the most top heel look of all time.
CenaSU23.jpg

Ever since "It" happened, I've seen a lot of hate for Sheamus' new look. I personally believe that this attitude is completely stupid.

Alright so he looks more like a cariacature of an Irishman than an actual Irishman, but he looked like that beforehand anyway. Sheamus has a ripped, muscly look while retaining the comic-book-like appearance necessary for a wrestler. He could be a supervillain. It's a bizarre look but you're not going to forget it quickly. He looks like a damn viking or something, a true ancient warrior. His beard makes him look like he belongs in the company of Thorin Oakenshield or something, it's freaking great. In other words, Sheamus looks exactly how a wrestler should look.

I won't deny that the booking surrounding Sheamus has been hit-n-miss for 2015. But his look is a strong point in his favour.

Are there any wrestlers whose looks have been decried that you personally thought were good?

I'm one of the few that dig Sheamus new haircut. I think it was completely badarse when he came back with it. I just wish he wouldn't ruin it by braiding his beard. That's the part that looks stupid to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back