Wrestlemania 32 Dean Ambrose VS ???

mkw1962

Getting Noticed By Management
I know we are still 7 weeks away from WM32 and this thread might just be answered at Fastlane or it probably will be answered in the coming weeks but I am curious what you guys think. Who will Dean be facing at WM32 ?
The talk is Roman will win the match and face HHH and Brock looks to be facing Bray, so what about Dean.
Who do you guys think Dean will face and who would you like to see him face at WM32 for the Intercontinental Championship ?

Triple H.

I'm hoping that WWE calls an audible at Fastlane and Ambrose goes ovet. No doubt the Mania crowd would go apeshit for an Ambrose title win over Triple H and WWE can finally get an "audience approved" mega face. I can't tell you how many kids I've seen with "Ambrose Asylum" shirts. Never once have I seen anyone I know, or in passing, wearing a Reigns shirt.

What is more likely to happen, you ask? Probably a multi-person match for his IC title, or another face-off with Owens.

I am hoping Ambrose faces Trips, but I am no fool. VKM has spent million on trying to get Lex Luger 2.0 over. No way in hell does Ambrose Main Event WM32. So, who does he face? I could see Ambrose against Kevin Owens or Braun Stroman. I do not know who else they can build a program with that will stick in the short term.

Ambrose will most likely be involved in the main event -storyline- if not the match itself. He will probably be defending the Intercontinental title as well in some unique fashion...be it a fatal four way ladder match or whatever.

I could see on a RAW after Fastlane a match of Ambrose/Jericho vs New Day for the tag titles. During the match Jericho turns on Ambrose. Next week on RAW Jericho goes back to the suit wearing, cool, calm and collected Jericho. Maybe even throw him in the Authority not as "friends" but as "business partners" leading to some sort of a gimmick match between Ambrose and Jericho for the IC Title

Personally I'd love to see Dean Ambrose go up against the Undertaker seeing as the Undertaker doesn't have anything to do. The two of them could tell a story. Hell I could see Ambrose shooting a promo in a cemetery trying to summon the dead man with his "No Fear" attitude, or visit a funeral home. But, Taker might have his hands full with Kevin Owens, so I possibly see Ambrose going up against 2 or 3 other men in possibly a triple threat or fatal four way with some mid carders.

Another thought would be have him go up against a legend/part timer. A big name just to help put people in the seats in that huge stadium. I can't think of one right now off the top of my head in who would be a good candidate. Physco Sid? Nah, probably too old. :) I would say Jericho but something tells me his feud with AJ styles may go into Mania.

I'd like to see Ambrose defend the IC Title at WrestleMania in either a Triple Threat match vs Y2J & AJ Styles or a Fatal Four Way against Y2J, AJ Styles & Kevin Owens.

I think either match would be match of the night.

At worst a one-on-one match with Jericho. Possibly with Styles and/or Owen involved.

Jericho vs. Ambrose would be decent but, y'know, it's Jericho and Ambrose, innit. They're just blah.

I'd like to see Ambrose defend the IC Title at WrestleMania in either a Triple Threat match vs Y2J & AJ Styles or a Fatal Four Way against Y2J, AJ Styles & Kevin Owens.

I think either match would be match of the night.

Exactly Right. But I want a win by Kevin Owens, AJ Styles & Dean Ambrose each at Wrestlemania 32 so as to make potential main-eventers in form of these guys.

Therefore, I would like it to be:

Chris Jericho(Heel) VS Dean Ambrose (Face) for Intercontinental Title at Wrestlemania 32

where Ambrose Asylum rises.

A fantasy match would be:

Dean Ambrose VS Triple H for WWE World Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania 32:rolleyes:

:devil:

I have read they plan on Ambrose vs Jericho. I can live with that. I think a ladder match for the IC title could happen. Owens, Styles, Ambrose, Jericho, Ziggler, Barrett (healthy?). It wouldn't be the worst idea

I have read they plan on Ambrose vs Jericho. I can live with that. I think a ladder match for the IC title could happen. Owens, Styles, Ambrose, Jericho, Ziggler, Barrett (healthy?). It wouldn't be the worst idea

Pretty sure Jericho has said he's not going to be at Mania. Unless that's changed from a few weeks ago?

In regards to Ambrose's opponent, I really have no clue. I think it's likely we see some sort of fatal 4 way or triple threat match including Kevin Owens, AJ Styles, and ugh... Dolph Ziggler. That's the only reason I can see them turning down Owens' pitch for a match with Taker and subsequently having him lose to Ziggler twice in two weeks. Ambrose could be used much better, but I sound like a broken record when I say that at this point. It'd be a good match, I guess that's all you can ask for...

Pretty sure Jericho has said he's not going to be at Mania. Unless that's changed from a few weeks ago?
IIRC, that statement was prior to Jericho's latest return. I imagine he was just trying to muddy the waters. Nothing is certain, but I expect Jericho at Mania.

Ambrose vs Jericho would be a miscalculation though. As far as I'm concerned, it takes a great deal to get these large stadium crowds invested enough in a match for it to register on television. Love both guys, but putting them together is likely to fall flat at an event like this and would be a waste of two men better served elsewhere on the card. The arenas WWE normally runs are more conducive to getting a worthwhile reaction for this match. I'd pass on Ambrose vs Jericho for the time being.

Jericho's shown some fire in his latest return and really seems to relish working with Styles. I'd find a way to stretch their angle out until WrestleMania with both guys getting more short-tempered after each outing. AJ's going to be hot enough in front of that crowd to negate the relative staleness of Jericho. 2/3 falls or some similar stipulation to blow this off. Milk every last bit of pro wrestling out of Y2J.

But as to the topic at hand, there are only a few situations worthy of Ambrose at this point. The last couple Raws have made it clear that Ambrose vs Lesnar is a pairing with some sizzle. They aren't locked into Wyatt vs Lesnar yet, so it wouldn't be jarring for them to call an audible and go with the organic build for the cockroach Ambrose vs the nuclear holocaust Lesnar. Wyatt can find a home elsewhere on the card and square off with Brock at a later date.

Failing that, Ambrose should be in the main event. Three way with Reigns or one-on-one with Hunter while Reigns finds himself against Taker or Lesnar. The Mania crowd would gladly take Dean over Roman. I foolishly believe that should count for something.

I doubt any of these scenarios will occur. But those are the best options.

Really don't see Ambrose going over at Fast lane quite frankly. He's the Intercontinental Champion and WrestleMania already looks short of seriously good matches. Unless the WWE gives him the win and then goes down the route of shipping him of everything on the shows afterwards, I don't see him winning. Too much to do in too little time. Especially when Reigns seems like the better and more ready choice.

Getting onto the point however, I'm just hoping that it isn't Kevin Owens again. As much as I like both men, they just don't seem to be connecting the way they should be in the ring. Frankly, their matches are really boring. Both men would be better suited to doing something else. Perhaps the WWE will do the same as last year and have Ambrose defend the Championship in a ladder match. That or a match with AJ Styles would be perfect.

Well to answer my own question I see 3 choices and TDFG you pretty much are on the right track.
1. Intercontinental Championship Dean (C) vs. Chris Jericho vs. A. J. Styles
2. Intercontinental Championship Dean (C) vs. Chris Jericho vs. A.J. Styles vs. Kevin Owens
3. World Championship HHH (C) vs. Roman vs. Dean
I probably see number 1 happening but number 2 would be cool, but Kevin is probably going to face Undertaker or Dolph. Number 3 would be awesome only if Dean could figure a way to get in the Title match.
How about secretly HHH and Dean work together to get Dean in the Title match to make it a 2 on 1 handicap match, of course Roman does not know anything about Dean turning heel in the end to help HHH retain or Dean wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back