• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wouldn't John Cena be one boring MFer if...

mont3818

Pre-Show Stalwart
He had no good heels like Edge, Jericho, or Orton to perform with?

I mean in a John Cena world, everybody respects everybody, everybody understands where everybody else is coming from. No conflict.

Cena's always like: What Edge did to me on Raw was necessary. The Board of Directors picked Vicki, so I guess I have to respect their position.

And the only reason the match at WM25 was triple threat was because they needed an actual impassioned rivalry for their main event, and Cena wasn't even a part of it. Or just barely.

Cena's too boring, PG watered down, and kid friendly. All he is is a good spokesperson for the company. And he has gotten good at cutting promos, I'll give him that. But his stance is too mild. That's why I think some of the people who boo him don't like him.

The same thing goes for every character in the history of the world. Everybody needs a foil. What if Austin didn't have Rock, Vince, and Triple H? What if Jack Donaghy didn't have Liz Lemon? What if Edge had no do-gooder to one-up? What if Orton... nah, Orton's a pretty boring motherfucker as it is. But you get the point.

Cena's stance isn't mild, especially when out in public denouncing the Rock or saying roid users should be in prison. How are those things mild stances?

Let's be honest though, Cena has been just fine in face vs. face environments with guys like Lashley, RVD, HBK, Triple H, and so on. Not everything needs to be good versus evil. Cena has risen above to the point where he can have a good match/interaction with anybody.

Cena was definately important going into WM25. He exposed how much the Edge-Show stuff hurt the title. He made that feud (just barely) worthy of the belt.

If anyone should be thanking their lucky stars when it comes to external circumstances making them main event worthy, it's Edge. Mediocore wrestler who got over on a real controversy with Lita/Edge, then got over on Cena hate, then continued to need Vickie to help his heat. Edge is the definition of right place/right time. Very overrated and a product of who he works with.

If he was an MF'r, he'd actually be more interesting (Mattitude Follower, silly)

But that's just his character: an all-around good guy who can do no wrong. The reason they have him be so passive is probably to teach kids to turn the other cheek...and then hit the other guy's.

That's why I have stated several times that if Cena was still the badass, loner rapper, he would be far more over today with a much greater following ... and likely be viewed as a pop culture icon, depending upon the quality of the writing with the programs he would be involved in and how he would be booked.

I dare say if done right, I could definitely envision that particular John Cena pretty damn close to a Modern Day Austin if his character was written and paced properly with the Rapper gimmick.

Cena was definately important going into WM25. He exposed how much the Edge-Show stuff hurt the title. He made that feud (just barely) worthy of the belt.

If anyone should be thanking their lucky stars when it comes to external circumstances making them main event worthy, it's Edge. Mediocore wrestler who got over on a real controversy with Lita/Edge, then got over on Cena hate, then continued to need Vickie to help his heat. Edge is the definition of right place/right time. Very overrated and a product of who he works with.

You serious? edge, big show hurting the title, that's the line that was shoved down our throats for months leading up to wrestlemania, there is no truth to that, it was nothing more than a stupid line, It was the script, blame creative for hurting the title, and don't credit cena for making the title "worthy", that's a crock of shit if I've ever read so.

I don't have to give you a history lesson, but right place right time is the definition of cena, I'm not saying edge didn't take advantage of right place right time, but cena is the king of right place right time, and to say edge has mediocre wrestling skills, where does that put cena's skills?? Lets be real here.

How is Cena the definition of right place, right time? He got over on his own merit, hard work, connection with the audience, and wrestling skill.

Edge got over on the Lita/Matt travesty, Vickie Guerrero being a heat magnet, and overrated, weak, midcardish wrestling covered up by a few gimmick matches and a once decent character.

Cena is far more deserving of his place on the top of the roster than Edge. To say Cena needs other people to get him heat is silly. It's the other way around. Cena is used to give others heat.

I'm not saying cena is not deserving at this point in time, but he got his main event push because of the lack of other stars, and the retirement of others, that is where I get the right place right time.

I also never said cena needs others to get him over, although sometimes I feel it wouldn't hurt. Cena has no problem drawing heat, but he draws it for the wrong reasons, he draws heat when he is supposed to get no heat what so ever.

Edge plays the heel to a point, at least in the present day, and I have no problem with a heel using others to get heat, the lita/matt/edge thing really has nothing to do with today's Edge.

Edge plays the heel to a point, at least in the present day, and I have no problem with a heel using others to get heat, the lita/matt/edge thing really has nothing to do with today's Edge.

O.K. I got to debunk this theory. The Lita/Matt/Edge thing has a lot to do with today's Edge.

Ever since the whole wrestling three way love triangle story developed with Crapitude, Punky Brewster on steroids & Christian's not so related brother, Edge has had a woman on his arm.

Personally, I love Edge as a heel and as a guy who only wins the belt because he takes advantage of a situation. BUT, he hasn't really been involved in an angle that doesn't involve a woman or a bitch (Orton) in several years.

From Lita to Alisha Fox to Vickie Guerrero - Edge needs to lose the female counterparts and stand alone as a true heel.

Edge is known for a guy who steals other guys women. His nickname - the ultimate opportunist - can actually mean more than just his way of winning titles.

The Rated R Superstar was born thanks to Matt's sloppy seconds and he has flourished ever since as a main eventer.

His entire career was shaped by Lita's penchant for wrestler dick, not just a dick of a wrestler.

I'm not saying cena is not deserving at this point in time, but he got his main event push because of the lack of other stars, and the retirement of others, that is where I get the right place right time.

I also never said cena needs others to get him over, although sometimes I feel it wouldn't hurt. Cena has no problem drawing heat, but he draws it for the wrong reasons, he draws heat when he is supposed to get no heat what so ever.

All Cena needs is for the Creative Team to find a way to revert him smoothly back into his heel rapper gimmick, since that by far made his 2003-2005 period his absolute best of his entire career. Also, he definitely has the strength, without question, but he needs more moves...or he at least needs to be less predictable. >_>

He's the biggest fail as a face if I've ever seen one, but he did fine as a heel.

Why exactly does he need to change when he draws and is the most beloved star of the kids? WWE want money, Cena generates it more than anyone has since the bigger names have retired.

Sure he isn't that entertaining to watch to us and he gets booed by dudes, but he gets screamed at by kids and women and he's Vince's favourite. He won't change character until his career is on the down turn, I promise you that.

I'm actually going to agree with this statement. I have a great amount of respect for Cena, but I definitely agree that the only reason he was pushed at that time was because of a lack of other stars, and them being in trouble.

As far as Edge goes, I have problems with his name alone, with this particular gimmick. I can understand when he was first brought to the WWE why he was called "Edge". He was a very mysterious character, with a murky background, and seemed to possess a lot of inner demons. He had an intriguing feud with Gangrel, which I thought made for great Television ... but I wish it would have lasted longer.

But why is Edge called that today? How does he live life on the edge, so to speak? His name just doesn't fit him.

Furthermore, I become very annoyed when Vickie keeps constantly referring to her "husband" as "Edge". She should be calling him "Adam". Even when Stephanie McMahon was "engaged" to Test, she referred to him as Andrew. It just sounds incredibly awkward and out of place for her to be referring to her "husband" as "Edge".

I'm actually going to agree with this statement. I have a great amount of respect for Cena, but I definitely agree that the only reason he was pushed at that time was because of a lack of other stars, and them being in trouble.

As far as Edge goes, I have problems with his name alone, with this particular gimmick. I can understand when he was first brought to the WWE why he was called "Edge". He was a very mysterious character, with a murky background, and seemed to possess a lot of inner demons. He had an intriguing feud with Gangrel, which I thought made for great Television ... but I wish it would have lasted longer.

But why is Edge called that today? How does he live life on the edge, so to speak? His name just doesn't fit him.

Furthermore, I become very annoyed when Vickie keeps constantly referring to her "husband" as "Edge". She should be calling him "Adam". Even when Stephanie McMahon was "engaged" to Test, she referred to him as Andrew. It just sounds incredibly awkward and out of place for her to be referring to her "husband" as "Edge".

I have to disagree with you here. Edge still lives on the edge, seizing every opportunity he can, no matter the cost. However, Vickie referring to him as Adam would be better. He doesn't have any gimmick problems, as he is a walking heat magnet. If there is anybody with a gimmick flaw, it's Cena.

cena got over on his popularity during the rapper gimmick. lack of star power had nothing to do with it. his star was gonna shine whether they pushed him or not. he was born to be a star in the wwe. you know what makes him boring? pg rating. he is so entertaining when he has a free range vocabulary.

This thread made me laugh. You guys are still looking for something to pick on about John Cena? You better pray Slyfox doesn't come barging in this thread and destroying every single one of you. This thread is stupid. The only purpose it solves is attempting to making Cena hating "cool" again. This thread applies to every single wrestler in the WWE, not just John Cena. Cena gets picked on because he's not "cool" enough for the IWC. I'm 17 years of age. Many people my age hate John Cena. They boo him and think they are cool by doing so. In reality, it makes them look like a fucking idiot for not appreciating the most over and the most successful superstar in the entire company.

Of course Cena would be boring if Orton, Jericho and Edge weren't around. But, so would Triple H. So would Shawn Michaels and so would any other damn babyface on the entire roster. If the crowd doesn't hate any heels, the babyfaces mean fuck all. If the crowd doesn't dislike any heel a great deal, the babyface's role becomes meaningless. They are wrestling a superstar who isn't hated. So who the fuck would the crowd cheer and boo for? Oh, I've got a better idea...

Wouldn't Edge be one boring motherfucker.... if he had no good babyfaces like John Cena, Shawn Michaels and Batista to perform with?

Think about that statement for a second. If Edge attacked superstars that the WWE fans didn't give a fuck about, why would they boo him? It's like Edge attacking a debuting wrestler. Why would they boo Edge? They don't like the new superstar, so why would they be against Edge beating the living daylights out of him? At the end of the day, people want to see beatdowns and wrestling. BUT if a babyface is attacked by a heel, the people boo. Because they CARE about the babyface and they don't want him to be at a disadvantage, as they want him to win their matches. They idolize this specific superstar, and when they are attacked unfairly or are mistreated by another superstar, they don't like what is going on, thus they boo.

And the reason why you smarks think Cena is boring, is because he's a babyface. Do you expect Cena to randomly walk up to Randy Orton and say "I'm going to beat your fucking tattooed ass because you're a good looking motherfucker who thinks he's above everyone else". No Cena doesn't do that, because HE isn't the asshole. That's Orton's job.

So hopefully I didn't waste my time educating people that are older than me. If that isn't explained well enough to you, then I really don't know what is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back