Would you watch Smackdown if..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

uguess94

Dark Match Winner
I am sure some people watch Smackdown but to be honest who wants to sit home on a Friday Night while everyone is out to watch something where they find the spoilers online too. Now for one I actually used to enjoy Smackdown more for a couple of reasons

1- There where McMahons on it with Steph being the GM and Vince having the on screen character with Sable and Lesnar
2- The cruiserweights, by far the best matches on Smackdown
3- THURSDAY NIGHTS

I'll be the first to say when i 10 when Smackdown moved to Friday i was excited because I would go over friends house to watch but now im 17 and havent watched Smackdown since im 12 and I hate that I miss good Storylines such as a couple years ago with Jeff Hardy i missed his entire Smackdown run and i was pissed. They got it in the Friday Night Death-Spot and I think they should move it to Thursday or better yet why not make it live on Tuesday I wouldlove it and it would make things more interesting.

What do you think?

To be honest, I'm not sure what you're asking. If you are sad because you are missing out on storylines and wrestlers because Smackdown is on Fridays, just do what probably many people do who aren't in on Fridays...record it.

If you're not home on Friday then just record it or watch it on Youtube. There are various replays that air throughout the week for both RAW and SD. I dont think theres much that would make me watch SD anymore, I even missed it when Triple H was scheduled to appear. Thursdays isnt good either, I'm usually doing stuff that needs to be gotten out of the way so that I can relax and watch Jersey Shore afterwards.

If you're a wrestling fan you'll find a way to watch regardless (not that I'd call anything WWE does "wrestling" or even "entertaining" but saw this on the main site so figured I'd take a look and see if I could add a comment)

Examples:

* Ocotber 1998, my school went on a week long vacation to Spain to help with our Spanish classes (speak the lingo in the actual country) and I honestly panicked and hoped the hotel aired WCW Nitro. Luckily they did (up until maybe 2002 or 2003, WWF Raw and WCW Nitro were aired in the UK on friday nights since the mid 90s anyway with WCW Thunder on saturday nights from 1998 and when WWF Smackdown started in 99, that aired saturday mornings, only ECW aired during weeknights on Bravo in the 90s so yeah, Brits have gotten used to watching wrestling on friday and saturday nights for a decade and a half by now)

* Christmas Day 1998, I rushed home from a family gathering in time to see Chris Jericho on WCW Nitro after begging and pleading to come home earlier than usual to watch wrestling

* New Year's Eve 1999, while everyone else was partying and bringing in the new Millenium, I was sitting alone watching WCW Nitro until 11:58pm then had to dash to an aunt's to join the new year celebrations. Meaning that my last ever moments of 1999 were spent watching Scott Steiner turn on his brother to join nWo 2000 alongside Bret Hart and Jeff Jarrett then running along the quiet streets with the sounds of partying from inside the houses as I went.

Hell, me and my brother brought in the year 2011 by watching several weeks worth of TNA Impact we'd recorded on the Sky Player because that time we actually were stopped from watching wrestling over the holidays for the first time.

Again to reiterate, if you care about a show, you'll find a way to watch it regardless what day it's on.

WWE will not change its programming schedule they are happy with it where it is as it get SyFy's best ratings for the night so it won't b changed soon.

Now if you are pissed that you are missing Smackdown then just watch the replays on Hulu or Youtube or go get a VCR (remember those) and some blank VHS tapes (any warehouse store should have them) and record the episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back