• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would WWE Take Hogan Back?

LODemolition

Championship Contender
If he is leaving TNA, which seems like an almost certainty, would WWE be interested in putting him in a storyline in the months leading up to WrestleMania to get even more buys?

I can see them signing him to a deal up to a year, but not really any longer than that. Then if things go well, maybe signing an extension.

So what are your opinions? Do you think they'd take him back and if so, what would they do with him?

I could see him being the guy who calls the shots again if they decide to reform the NWO (God forbid, because it's not the NWO w/o Scott Hall as I've said a million times). I could also see them putting him in a GM role on Smackdown much like he is on TNA, only as a face.

Obviously with his never-ending list of injuries, he can't put on a match that would be worth 2 squirts of duck shit so the options would be pretty limited as to what they could do with him. However, I think Vince knows that the name Hulk Hogan still draws money and he might want him to be a part of WrestleMania which is already going to be a comeback for a legend like The Rock and possibly Steve Austin. Not to mention the rumor mills are going about Jericho and Batista returning to be a part of it. This could be one of the most memorable Manias ever.

I think Vinny was really pissed off seeing him join TNA in an effort to make it the top wrestling promotion and beat the WWE in ratings. But then again I don't think Vince would miss out on an opportunity like this.

Hogan would definitely be good for the WWE if they can acquire him. So I think they would take back Hogan for the obvious reasons you stated.

I think the WWE would offer him a legend's contract nothing more and nothing less. He would have a few occasionall apperances or maybe a GM type role but nothing that involves any active inring work.

I'd bet he signs a legends deal. Vince never lets feelings get in the way of business. Regardless of how much he is used, Hulk Hogan is still the biggest name in wrestling. Vince is trying to pull out all the stops to get his PPV numbers up. He's coming back to TV and having Rock wrestle at SS, so I certainly think he would want Hogan avilable if he needed him for something. Even an apperance at Wrestlemania would get a few people talking.

Yeah obviously getting in the ring is impossible for him at this point, but I don't think Vince will hold a grudge because deep down I think Vince knew TNA was not any major threat to him. I don't know when Ric Flair's contract expires, but I'd also love to see him come back as a manager/protege type role to somebody like Ziggler or maybe even Raw GM with him being tight with Triple H and all. That would be fun to see.

I doubt it.

Seriously Hogan kicked WWE in the balls going to TNA and the fact TNA hasn't scratched the surface since has only hurt Hogans stock with WWE. If the rumours are true that he's basically a cripple without a back brace Vince wouldn't touch the guy in case of serious injury that Hogan could sue WWE for negligence, which I wouldn't put it past him.

Hogan has fucked Vince over at least three times that I can recall (92, 2002 and 06/07)
Vince pretty much give Hogan one more run (3 weeks but still it was never planned) he give Hogan a HOF spot, nicknamed him the Babe Ruth of WWE and Hogan says FUCK YOU I'm injured then ends up in TNA??

Vince if he had any sense would say close the door on Hogan, he's damaged goods from a personal life standpoint to a professional standpoint.

Well it would also depend if there is a suitable role Vince wants for him. Vince wouldn't sign a guy who really can't wrestle anymore just for the sake of signing him. And not like he is this great actor that he could make money off WWE films with. Basically the only roles for Hogan would be as he new COO if Triple H loses or GM and as a Manger role with a guy like a Mason Ryan where he could help teach him the non wrestling parts of the business or anyone who needs improvements to get over as a top star.

I'd bet he signs a legends deal. Vince never lets feelings get in the way of business. Regardless of how much he is used, Hulk Hogan is still the biggest name in wrestling. Vince is trying to pull out all the stops to get his PPV numbers up. He's coming back to TV and having Rock wrestle at SS, so I certainly think he would want Hogan avilable if he needed him for something. Even an apperance at Wrestlemania would get a few people talking.

I have to agree with Tuffy54 here, put it this way if Bret can return then anything is possible, business is business at the end of the day and no-one knows that better than Vince, so if Vince thinks it will make him money which it probably will then a legends contract would not be a shock. I don't think anyone wants to see Hogan in the ring in a physical capacity, for his own sake really but I'm sure plenty would be happy to see Hogan on WWE programming in some form even if just for a short period, to the casual wrestling fan Hogan is still the most recognizable personality and Im certain Vince will be able to turn that into $$$$$$$$$$$

Why would WWE want him? And the better question why would anyone care? He's done nothing for TNA, and I actually watch the show. He could bring little to nothing to WWE at this stage of his life. I find it funny that everyone shits all over Hogan for going to TNA but now everyone seems interested in what he will do next. Guess all anyone needs is the letters WWE involved and opinions change?

Again, never believe half the hype you hear about the acrimony that goes on in the world of professional wrestling, a lot of it is just there to fuel storylines for when these guys actually do come back. The only guy that I could possibly think is truly on the level about how much animus he has for people in wrestling is the Ultimate Warrior because his comebacks are always short lived and abrupt.

Hogan's repeated returns have actually served their purposes and the only time I can actually think of there being any TRUE contention is when he left as Mr. America. But even then who really knows? I am not saying that there isn't tension with The Hulkster and Vinny-Mac, but I think a lot of its overplayed just for the sake of working the fans. That's just my opinion but again like I have said in other posts, considering the nature of pro wrestling, I'm not inclined to believe just anything.

I doubt it.

Seriously Hogan kicked WWE in the balls going to TNA and the fact TNA hasn't scratched the surface since has only hurt Hogans stock with WWE. If the rumours are true that he's basically a cripple without a back brace Vince wouldn't touch the guy in case of serious injury that Hogan could sue WWE for negligence, which I wouldn't put it past him.

Hogan has fucked Vince over at least three times that I can recall (92, 2002 and 06/07)
Vince pretty much give Hogan one more run (3 weeks but still it was never planned) he give Hogan a HOF spot, nicknamed him the Babe Ruth of WWE and Hogan says FUCK YOU I'm injured then ends up in TNA??

Vince if he had any sense would say close the door on Hogan, he's damaged goods from a personal life standpoint to a professional standpoint.

I have to question your stance on that and I'll explain why:

• 1993 - Hogan's contract from what has been said was fulfilled and it was time to move on, he lost the title to Yokozuna and fulfilled his on air obligations, he went out the same way Bruno Sammartino and Bob Backlund did when their World Title runs were finally through once and for all. So therefore I can't see where that's screwing the company over.

• 2002 - He lost to Brock Lesnar in what was a brutal affair within the script, something I heard Steve Austin had refused to do. Again that could all be part of a work considering that WWE Confidential, the program that delved into Austin's repeated walkouts was in my view just another piece of glorified kayfabe. But if we want to hold Hogan accountable for stuff that we're not sure is true or false then Stone Cold should not be exempt from being placed on that same standard. Anyway, Hogan did the job to Lesnar and Lesnar got to destroy a legend in the process. In fact I would say that Brock Lesnar was just as much a legend killer in those early days of his push than Randy Orton ever was. Considering that Lesnar within a year's time frame crushed stars like Hogan, The Rock and The Big Show and happened to win the World Title in the process. Whether I thought that was a good move or not considering Lesnar's short time in the business is not for me to say but I will say this much it did the job and I definitely think Hogan's brief involvement in being one of Lesnar's victims definitely helped the character's credibility. Considering that Hogan sold the brutality of Lesnar so well, I'd again say that was hardly screwing anyone in WWE over.

• 2006 - Now when people say that Hogan screwed WWE over in the 2006/2007 time frame, are we referencing the whole Randy Orton-Hulk Hogan feud now? I am just curious, because again if rumor had it that Randy Orton's behavior and antics were less than professional. I mean if Hogan's going to be held under the microscope of rumors then we can't exempt anyone else in that business. I don't know what's true and false with Randy Orton's personal life, however if what they say is true, maybe he really didn't deserve to go over Hulk Hogan and again at the end of the day from what I know, it is Vince's say on who's going to win and who's going to lose.

• 2007 - Now moving onto 2007, I heard something about Hogan getting one of Vince's secretaries to leak Hall of Fame names on the air of Bubba The Love Sponge's radio show. Yeah I can't say that was the nicest thing to do, but I wouldn't consider that screwing a company. Was it tactless, I guess so? Could Vince have put Hogan up to do it anyway just in the name of a little controversy, who the hell knows, I wouldn't bet against it. It's not like he was giving away insider stock tips for Christ's sake. Plus before 2007 was over, Hogan made yet another appearance on WWE television. I heard a couple years later there was a big disagreement about trademarks or something like that and Hogan decided to take business elsewhere, fuck it, that's his prerogative. It obviously didn't hurt WWE any. Who cares?

Long story short, we don't know the extent of Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan's relationship. Anyone claiming to be able to is full of shit. if Hogan and Vince don't agree on a deal or have had disagreements where in the hell is it our place to judge? And that goes for either side because even I am sure that Hogan can't be right in every situation and neither could Vince. But the only two people that are really in any position to discuss who's right or wrong in a situation like this one is Hogan and Vince themselves, most definitely not us.

It's very possible Hogan could go back to WWE and to say that Vince would never take him back is ludicrous. And as far as Hogan's time in TNA goes, let's be honest ratings might not be great by WWE standards, but to say that Hogan hasn't done anything for TNA is just something I have to question too. They went back to the four sided ring, their production values are definitely better looking, and the company's gotten some more attention. Unfortunately, there's only so much someone in Hogan's position can do at this time but to say that his presence has absolutely done nothing, well I think you can make an argument against that any day. Am I going to say I prefer Hogan in TNA? Not necessarily, but I am not going to just agree with the majority of haters on what Hogan has done in TNA. Nor do I think WWE will absolutely ever refuse bringing Hogan back. He'd have to pull some major league Chris Benoit style stuff for WWE to never see the value in the Hulk Hogan name.

It would be great to see Hogan return "home" to the WWE, and I think both parties would get a lot out of them reuniting. WWE can put out the biggest draw ever again and help them carry WM28's buys even more than the Rock would while Hogan feeds his ego by performing in front of 80,000 fans instead 1,000. Win-win right? Maybe Hogan can screw Cena and help The Rock win, and Cena will turn heel complaining how all the legends are against him or something. I know, that's a terrible idea but that's why I'm a consumer, not a member of the Creative team

Hulk Hogan appearing on WWE TV is money 100% of the time. I think it would be pretty cool if he turned out to be the anonymous RAW GM or even HHH's replacement if he loses to Punk Sunday.

Apparently Vince is coming back and being unable to be COO, bringing Hogan to do it for him, and with Cena and Rock teamming up at Survivor Series it would be pretty cool to see Cena, Rock, Kofi, Bourne, and Morrison/Riley fighting for HHH to stay as COO while a team of Punk, Nash, Miz, Truth, and Del Rio fighting for Hogan to take his place

Hulk Hogan appearing on WWE TV is money 100% of the time. I think it would be pretty cool if he turned out to be the anonymous RAW GM or even HHH's replacement if he loses to Punk Sunday.

Apparently Vince is coming back and being unable to be COO, bringing Hogan to do it for him, and with Cena and Rock teamming up at Survivor Series it would be pretty cool to see Cena, Rock, Kofi, Bourne, and Morrison/Riley fighting for HHH to stay as COO while a team of Punk, Nash, Miz, Truth, and Del Rio fighting for Hogan to take his place

Now I like this idea better than most I've heard, but I'm still completely against The Rock being involved in any kind of tag team or elimination match his first time back. It's too predictable that him and Cena would be the survivors.

Rock vs. Punk would be a huge draw at MSG and beat any other match they could come up with.

Hogan will and forever always be the main reason wrestling is were its at today. He has been used like a sweaty towel you just keep ringing dry to keep using it. He needs to be washed. retired from the ring 100 percent. He could be a special attraction like Wrestlemania 28 host, or a special guest referee nothing that has physical contact besides shaking a hand. He can still be a GM or manager but cant take any bumps. Hulk Hogan is the reason i started watching wrestling when i was 2 back in 1990 and he will forever be my favorite wrestler but you dont see nolan ryan try to step on the mound to try to help his ball club out. What they should do is make a wrestler type movie about Hulk Hogan, have him narrate it don't beat around the bush and tell everything the drugs, the real relationships and i bet that would be the pinaccle of WWE Films..stop making shitty comedys and make documentaries about your best wrestlers, do an Eddie guerrero movie or Vince McMahon triumph to power. WWE is about wrestling and should have wrestling in its movies

There would be a strong possibility of him signing the legends contract, I'm pretty sure. He could potentially come back to WWE television, at least just for an appearance. If it's anything more than Hogan just coming on and saying, "hello," I would hate it. The man simply can't perform, anymore. I hate to put it this way, but I'll probably order Bound for Glory just to see the train wreck that will be Sting v Hogan in 2011. Even if he doesn't wrestle, even if he just acts as a manager, I would still hate it. Hogan's personality, the, "Hollywood," personality, I always just despised. He was the uber cocky heel that never really got his just deserts, and it was a completely spoiled gimmick, after WCW. So, no, I would not like to see him come back and get involved in an nWo angle, if HHH went that way. Also, that's precious airtime that a young star could have had, and Hogan isn't going to sell PPVs in 2011. I wouldn't mind to see Hogan do PR work or hear that he's just signed to the legends contract, but other than that, I just think that gravy train has been tipped and milked for all that it was worth.

Vince McMahon allegedly said that he would never take Hogan back after he went to real competition in the form of WCW in 1994. You remember what happened, right? Hogan came back and became the Undisputed WWE Champion at the age of 49. Why did this happen? Because Hogan made money. He still makes money (although not nearly as much as he did even a few years ago). It doesn't matter if he "can't perform". He could still make a fair bit of money in and for WWE. If that's the case, McMahon would have him back in a heartbeat.

I personally don't want to see him back but I can see him coming back. He'll make money for Vince and Vince loves money so I'm guessing Vince will put feelings aside and have him back so he gets even more money than he already has. I don't know how Hulk will come back though, I highly doubt that he'll just come back to say hello but if he can't take any bumps whatsoever what storyline could he fit into? Maybe he could have a storyline with Miz and Truth because it'll be the conspiracy going against the biggest name in wrestling history, it would make sense but would he manage a team to go against them? That's just a suggestion, not a very good one but I just don't know what storyline he could be in.

I think WWE could benefit from having Hogan in some kind of Legends deal... But I honestly don't think they need him much at all, especially now with The Rock, Stone Cold and Triple H floating around. I'm not saying Hogan isn't a Legend; He most undoubtedly is. Regardless of how you feel about him, he was and in some ways still is, the face of Pro Wrestling in popular culture (For better and for worse). That being said, he's not gonna be able to wrestle. Period. Like a lot of other people have already, on TV he could be some kind of GM figure. But he wouldn't wrestle. Honestly tho, I think Hogan needs to retire and finish his wrestling career in the company that helped make him, and the company he put in the public's eye. There could be a lot of licensing opportunities, and Hogan would make a shit-ton more money. In the end tho, we don't know what Hogan wants to do... And it'll be up to Vince. I think the better question is do we really want to see Hogan back with WWE? My answer would be yes, as a Legend, with minimal TV involvement

We'll see the red & yellow in WWE again. Either as a guest host, special Wrestlemania spot, inducting someone [ hopefully macho man ] into the hall of fame.

If hogan is leaving TNA and it due to TNA not wanting him its great news for Vince.

Hear me out i remember a 5/6 years back Vince and hogan getting very close to Vince buying everything Hogan name, Likeness, Personal footage etc and in the end hogan wanted to much.

Now hogan has been let go by a 2nd rate company has a ex to pay and kids a new bimbo wife and no major income. Vince fly's in with a offer that hogan will probably take as he wont get anything better as his name is worth less then it was 2 years ago and a lot less then it was 5 years ago.

If hogan is leaving TNA and it due to TNA not wanting him its great news for Vince.

:lol:

Ok, care to explain why TNA does not want Hogan, or do you just care to let your posts speak volumes for the asswad you seem to be? You might have said if but judging by the rest of your post you seem to be in pretty solid belief that this is the case.

Hear me out....

Oh this is so rich, it's fattening, I shouldn't dignify this tripe because it's masochistic of me to do so....but oh well fuck it. I'm all eyes on this one and I just so have to rip this point apart. Dipshit.

i remember a 5/6 years back Vince and hogan getting very close to Vince buying everything Hogan name, Likeness, Personal footage etc and in the end hogan wanted to much.

Care to cite the source where you got this from? Yes, I have heard that Vince was trying to strike a deal with Hogan for something related to a WWE Legends setup, which I think Hogan more or less has. This is considering that he's been in WWE video games following his departure from WWE. So I think, remember I don't know for sure but I think Hogan has some sort of Legends deal already in place with Vince. Again if you know something we don't, prove it. Because without any proof it could very well be bullshit.

Now hogan has been let go by a 2nd rate company has a ex to pay and kids a new bimbo wife and no major income.

Again, this is still a rumor and is in no way confirmed. To say Hogan has been let go when we know nothing of him even leaving in the first place, for all we know there could be contract negotiations going on at this very moment. Again sounds like we got another dumbass troll that just wants to say something without having any proof to back it up. What a shocker! :eek2:

Vince fly's in with a offer that hogan will probably take as he wont get anything better as his name is worth less then it was 2 years ago and a lot less then it was 5 years ago.

Bottom line, I am no wordsmith here nor am I the most grammatically gifted SOB on this planet. However, I know one thing, I sure as fuck would not want some stupid asshole like you typing any legally binding documents with the way you compose your thoughts, fucking moron.

Yes we know that Hulk Hogan has had a myriad of controversies, he has had financial difficulties, no one is denying that. However believe it or not there are still a lot of fans outside of our little IWC World who could give a flying fuck about all the stupid shit you just said. There is still something about the name Hulk Hogan whether your personal bias is allowing you to see that or not.

It's either you're just a very good troll or a really stupid and naive fucktard. It's anyone's guess....:shrug:

Anything is possible, but I hope not. Hogan was great in the 80's, 90's, and possibly early 00's. But ever since his reality show, he became an embarassment. Not to mentioned his failed attempt with TNA.

The old Hogan was great. The current Hogan is not.

Hogan and Vince seem to have a love/hate relationship. However they both know what is good for business and Hogan and Vince McMahon go hand in hand. Both are the biggest key contributors in wrestling becoming what it is today. Hogan has burned bridges in the past with Vince, yet Vince always brought him back. No matter how you slice it Vince would take Hogan back in a heartbeat. Just in merchandise sale and other selling entities would pay off. The WWE has a new action figure deal with Mattel and Hulk Hogan is an action figure any collector would love to have. They could make a slew of figures and collectors would buy. Video game deals, t-shirts, movies, tv shows, and whatever other projects the WWE sees fit, Hogan could participate. It all makes perfect sense and if Hogan truly leaves WWE I think he'll be signed to some sort of Legends deal that sees him making appearances occasionally on TV and doing publicity stunts for the company.

If something could be booked right, then yes I think Vince would take Hogan back for a little while given the right situation. Especially at Mania. You already have the most anticipated match of all time with Rock and Cena. Throw Hogan into Mania in the correct fashion and it might garner even more buys this year.
Does Vince NEED him? Hell no. But at the end of the day, he's Hulk Hogan. Hogan in the WWE is far different than Hogan in TNA. You can bring him out to the "Real American" music. Bring him out in the red and yellow. Have him come point that finger at somebody. Call somebody "brother." Anything. Again... he's Hogan.

Yes there's a lot of people that just want to see Hogan go away and ride off into the sunset of his career. But you can't deny the fact that man is always good for a good surprise pop. I've never seen Hogan live in my life and would mark the hell out if I got that chance. I'm sure other people would too. This is one of the strange times that Hogan needs Vince more than Vince needs Hogan. Back in 07 or somewhere around there, you had Hogan popping up here and there. The Raw's 15th anniv. celebration show he showed up and I think there were a couple others. People loved it.

Yes Hogan is old. Yes Hogan is washed up and will never wrestle another match. Yes Hogan may have overstayed his welcome in wrestling. But when you think professional wrestling, YOU THINK HULK HOGAN. That will never change. So i don't think the question would be so much "Would WWE take Hogan back?" but moreso "Would the WWE WANT to?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back