What would you like to see from Hogan in TNA now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mont3818

Pre-Show Stalwart
I don't wanna know if you think its a good move or a bad move for TNA or the company. I just wanna know now that he's there what would you like to see from him??

First off I was suprised, but I guess this is a good move for Hogan personally. And it makes TNA look more legit. More people will start talking about it. Clearly Hogan won't be the #1 heel or babyface of the company, but we will give some things to the company. Like a more stable foundation and richer history.

Heres what I'd like to see:

-Hogan and Sting in the ring together one last time as a tag team.
These two in a singles match wouldn't be interesting. Yea they're both icons but they're old too. And a singles match seems beyond irrelevant at this point. The tag match could even be on Impact, just as long as it happens.

-Them put to rest the Jarrett/Hogan feud that barely got started in Japan.
I could see a good storyline for this: Jarrett shows up PISSED off because NOW Hogan signs with TNA now that he isn't owner anymore. Jarrett will call him out on it. And maybe even say "Hogans ego is too big to even allow him to work underneath me. And he waited til I was out of the picture completely to come in." He could taunt Hogan by speculating that he was too afraid to come in at the time cause of what he did to him in Japan. And it could culminate with one decent ppv match.

-Eric Bishoff and Hogan as a comedy duo.
Let's face it, they're long-time business partners and by now pretty good friends. I'd like to see them as some type of on-screen duo. Not comedy like "haha, they're worthless jackasses." or anything gimmicky atr all. But a genuine comedy duo. Not overly comedic or anything. And definintely not the megaheel group they were in WCW/nWo. Just something warm, upbeat, and nostalgic to ride Hogan through the older wonder years.

Things I would not like to see:

-Hogan vs. AJ
Are you kidding?? Hogan would look so terrible in that match. AJ already carries like 85% of the TNA roster when he's in a match with them. This wouldn't work at all.
I'd like to see him fight SOME of the younger talent just cause it wopuld be interesting. But it would seem too forced w/ AJ. And i'm looking forward to some new matches in general, they probably won't be classics but they wo9uld still be interesting. And who knows maybe they will, I'm open to a suprise. ^_^

-Hogan vs. Angle

We've already seen this, so whats the big deal? Plus Hogan might be too slow for a decent match with Angle these days.

-Hogan winning the TNA Championship
I know they might throw it at him anyway, just to give their belt credibility. But I say it gives the belt less credibility actually giving it to him. Imagine if TNA held off on giving him the belt simply because he isn't the best athlete anymore even when they could have given it to him. That would be a big statement and in itself would give the belt credibility. Because clearly Hogan can't work a match as good as he use to, so if he won the belt he'd be winning it just because of who he is.
I wouldn't mine seeing him get the Legends Championship or MAYBE the tag team championship.

To be honest, I'm not sure that I really want to see anything from Hogan in TNA.

As far as an actual wrestler, I truly have no desire to see Hulk Hogan in a match. If the reports about his physical condition and limitations are true, and there are so many of them out there that I believe there's a lot of validity to them, then the odds of him having an entertaning and competitive match that doesn't embarass himself and whomever he's wrestling against are slim to none.

My bet is that Hogan is going to have some sort of authority role within TNA and will probably wrestle quite sparingly. Basically, a role similar to that of Mick Foley I'm guessing. I might be interested in Hogan as some sort of "general manager" or something along those lines. Personally, I'd be more interested in seeing him as a manager with some young guys or something along those lines. However, since it's being reported now that Hogan has complete control over TNA to such a degree that he's only answerable to Dixie Carter's father, who knows what's going to happen.

I'd like to see Hogan in a suit. Not in the red & yellow, not in the black & white, not in ANY wrestling attire at all. EVER. I'd like to see him in some sort of authority-based role, ie: commissioner, GM, etc. I'd also like to see him cut that bozo the clown skullet he's got, and see him with an "adult" haircut.

Unfortunately, we'll probably have to see him wrestle. Not only wrestle, but give his buddies unfair opportunities as well. We can only hope that Hogan does what's best for TNA as a whole, and not what's best for his own ego.

I'd like to see Hogan put over a main event heel. Maybe someone like Samoa Joe or Kurt Angle, or an up-and-comer like Desmond Wolfe, or maybe even EY. I say heel, because I don't believe there's a face in TNA right now who would be cheered over Hogan in a match, regardless of skill level. The casual and hardcore-Hogan fans that tune in to see this will be more familar with Hogan and will be behind him all the way. Anyway, giving the rub to a top heel will allow them to do the same for the faces in the future....it's like the gift that keeps on giving.

Other than that, I would like to see Hogan get into some feuds for the legends title. Hogan/Sting and Hogan/Jarrett could happen in this context. There is definitely a place for Hogan on the card....hopefully just not in the main event. Edit: Just to elaborate on that...Hogan doesen't need to wrestle a five star match to give the casual fans what they want to see (he never has, anyways). As long as he is kept out of the main event and heavyweight title matches, I don't see anything wrong with him performing. Nostalgia acts can draw, and this is what the Legends title should be used for.

I don't want to see Hogan put over anyone. I want to see Hogan put himself at the top and bring anyone he wants with him. I don't want to see any of the 'children' of TNA get rubs from the guy who's going to launch the show with a mainstream audience. Someone tuning in to see Hulk Hogan who isn't used to TNA wrestling is not going to want to see him doing anything other than be in complete control. As much as I hate Cena constantly pulling himself up like superman and 'defying the odds to win', I would absolutely love for Hogan to come out of no where in a match and end it with a big boot. Assuming he wrestles of course.

I don't care what he decides to do, Hogan Knows Best, afterall. I'm just glad I get to see him again. :]

HOGAN VS ERIC YOUNG
BECAUSE IF U THINK ABOUT IT HE IS A WRESTLING LEGEND SO A LEGEND WINS THE LEGEND TITLE

To be honest with you, I have watched wrestling since I was 4. I have 22 years under my belt watching it now and to see Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff in TNA is like putting rocket fuel in a rocket. TNA is gonna go places. I'm excited to see how Hogan works with anyone in TNA honestly. Russo supposedly fired Hogan at Bash at the Beach 2000 when Hogan refused to job to Jarrett. Russo came out and cuss Hogan after Hogan already left the building. I don't really want to see Hogan face any of the young talent, I don't think it will be relevant for TNA in any way shape or form. I think TNA is doing things similar to how WCW did them when they were up and running. Small Disney MGM building, Hogan signs, then they go face to face with Raw. The ship is getting fueled right now and when they go head to head it may start out slow but WWE, it's on.

I would love to see some sort of feud with Hogan and Jarrett. Not only because of the rivalry they had in Japan, but how about WCW? I think it would make for a huge draw whether it goes for 1 PPV or 5 PPV's. Folk's, one way or the other, business is picking up.

I personally think the best direction for him to go in is to turn Heel. This time, however, he will be marketed as having both an Authority role in the company, as well as be made Champion.

All the pieces are in place for heel Hulk Hogan to make his return. Although, I don't think he should necessarily become "Hollywood Hogan", I do want to see a different Hogan. Being in an Authority role and plus being Champion will draw.

Although AJ is going to have to lose the belt, I ultimately want to see him battle AJ Styles with a "Young vs Old" theme down the road, with AJ capturing the belt.

Along the way, though, Hogan can feud with Sting, Kurt Angle, and maybe a couple others.

I absolutely do not want to see a return of an NWO-like group, and nor do I have an interest in seeing Bill Goldberg in TNA.

One quick idea would be for Hogan to be the proverbial wall for all world titled contenders.

Basically, if you want a shot at the world title you have to defeat hogan in a match. If you lose to Hogan- sorry you get no shot at the world title. This actually does a few things:

It keeps Hogan out of the ring, but for once or twice a month- making his matches important.

It lets him put over talent- in a big way.

It gives rubs to guys when they lose.

Basically once AJ needs a new #1 contender- example Matt Morgan, Morgan has to face Hogan in a match to even get a shot at AJ.

I'm ok with Hogan being in TNA but him having total creative control is something that I can't trust. He does have a reputation and history of politicking, being money-hungry, and just being an egotist. Guys like Austin, Triple H, and HBK don't really respect the guy because of these things like this. But to get to the point. Here's what I would want from Hulk Hogan:

I would like to see Hogan put a young guy over by being some sort of mentor or something. Kind of like what Taz and Samoa Joe would have been.

Him having a commissioner-type role wouldn't hurt.

Him and Sting working some kind of storyline would be alright for nostalgic purposes.

I DO NOT want to see him having the majority of TV time and leaving only a little for the future stars.

I DO NOT want to see him book himself as the TNA World Champion.

I DO NOT want to see his "hulking up" antics on the young guys and making them look like typical Hogan victims.

I DO NOT want to see another nWo-like group. We just had the Main Event Mafia.

That's it.

The fact is that Andre the Giant passed the torch to Hogan. Hogan has yet to really pass it on. I would like for him to pass the torch to someone younger.

well ive heard his son was training to wrestle so maybe they could work in an angle with hulkamania living forever and manage his son for a while. then his son could turn on him. or have hogan big e and foley cause the mafia to break up since booker is rumored to leave and nash is suspended and kurt is going through legal issues maybe this would be a good time to disband

I want to see Hogan put Hernandez over. I think that Supermex, more than anyone else on the roster, need this epic win. Morgan is a freak, AJ is already the face of the company, and Hernandez just festers, with an assload of talent, at the uppermid card.

After he feuds with Homicide, Hernandez is going to be ready to take the leap. There would be no better way for him to credible than to go over Hogan. It doesn't matter if Hogan is 100 years old, in a walker, and dead, pinning Hogan is currency in the wrestling world. To the eyes of a fan, if you beat Hogan, you are somebody.

Right now Hernandez is "that Mexican guy that throws people and jumps over the ropes." With a win, he can be "that guy that beat Hogan." That is a promotion in the industry.

What I want to see:

Eric Young coming after Hogan. Why EY? Because he's holding the Legend's Title so he ciuld use it to 'bait' him. He runs World Elite and a Pro USA Hogan vs. World Elite can actually put W.E. over while Hogan still seems relevent. Just being taken out by Terry and Magnus would draw sympathy for him and he can take them out without pushing down talent. IMO I don't think the British Invasion guys are long for this company as World Champions (individually). So at this point I wouldn't mind Hogan winning the Legend's Title.

What I don't want to see:

Is complete utter bushleauge NO-SELLING. If they push him to the World Title, me personally, I wouldn't care. But he has to wrestle more realistically (I know it's grown men 'fake' fighting).

But he is a 56 year old man. He joins a company where the talent goes all out all the time, putting their bodies throught tremendous pain. He can't come in and make everyone's power/finishing moves seem like nothing. HE HAS TO SELL!!!!

If Kurt Angle, TNA's MVP, can make a broomstick seem like a Hall of Famer. Then Hogan can at least not make TNA's future 'Hall of Famers' look like broomsticks.

I want to see Hogan put Hernandez over. I think that Supermex, more than anyone else on the roster, need this epic win. Morgan is a freak, AJ is already the face of the company, and Hernandez just festers, with an assload of talent, at the uppermid card.

After he feuds with Homicide, Hernandez is going to be ready to take the leap. There would be no better way for him to credible than to go over Hogan. It doesn't matter if Hogan is 100 years old, in a walker, and dead, pinning Hogan is currency in the wrestling world. To the eyes of a fan, if you beat Hogan, you are somebody.

Right now Hernandez is "that Mexican guy that throws people and jumps over the ropes." With a win, he can be "that guy that beat Hogan." That is a promotion in the industry.

The same can be said about Rick Flair too. Beating Flair is a big notch in the belt especially in the southern usa. That is something not even Kurt Angle or Sting can do. I really do think that Flair is going to follow hogan.

I personally would like Flair or Hogan to put over AJ and for TNA to bring in Ken (Mr Kennedy) Anderson to feud with AJ. Ken Anderson was on the verge of being one of the elite few in the WWE until he ticked off one of Vince's son in laws boys (Randy Orton) and he mysteriously tests positives for steroids while the other steroid freaks get away with it. Ken was going to be one of Vinces select few and if TNA gets ahold of him before the WWE gets him back... It would be another major kick in the nuts for Vinny Mac...

The fact is that Andre the Giant passed the torch to Hogan. Hogan has yet to really pass it on. I would like for him to pass the torch to someone younger.

I have to disagree here. Its not his fault they either failed or left the business, look at who he has tried to pass the torch to, The Warrior, Goldberg, Rock, Brock, and even Angle. He has tried to pass the torch.

Look we can't have it both ways if Hogan goes to TNA we have to accept the whole Hulk Hogan package. If the rumors are true about a TNA monday night show then they will need Hogan to be the face of that show because as much as i'm a TNA fan I understand that they do not have enough credibility to compete witIhout him. Whatever compacity TNA decides to use Hogan in will lead to much more interest in the product then the company has ever experienced. I find the whole thing kinda funny Jarrett was soooooo anti-Hogan and now Hogan is the man who may save the company Jarrett started. It just goes to show you though Hogan is the man and will always be the man until he dies.

I have to disagree here. Its not his fault they either failed or left the business, look at who he has tried to pass the torch to, The Warrior, Goldberg, Rock, Brock, and even Angle. He has tried to pass the torch.

He should've put Bret over in 93' it left alot of holes in Brets illustrious career imo.

He should've put Bret over in 93' it left alot of holes in Brets illustrious career imo.

Lot of wrestlers should of put over other people. Hogan has done his job pretty well and has proven he is still a draw and will do whats right for the business. I still think he was right to not put over Double J cause in what world should Jeff Jarrett beat Hulk Hogan?

I'd have to say that a Hogan vs Sting would be cool, but a clean IRON MAN MATCH with NO DISQUALIFICATIONS...and then after that, one retires, the other manages or something...both gain mucho grattitude from the fans, and just make it the ultimate match with NO interference...But to be honest, whichever way they decide to go with Hogan whether Manager role, Heavy Hitter Matches...the begining at least....HULKULMANIA IS GOING TO RUN WILD ON YOUUUUUUUUUU BROTHA!!!!

I`d like him as a TV character but please not as a wrestler. WE know he`ll be involved in booking anyway, TNA should avoid at any cost to have him as champion. I mean come on, some moths back he said he was too much in pain. It would be killing some great talents and making the same mistakes as WCW. Hogan as champ should not be an option.
However, a good TV character, some some of GM would be pretty good. He`ll be on TV, bringing attention to TNA but not hurting it.

Hogan should have some classic matches again like Hogan v Sting or Hogan v Angle or even matches against the younger talent on ppv and actually putting them over.

I also think his role as a regular charachter should not involve the show revolving around him and actually him giving just as much airtime to the younger talent.

A run as TNA Champion is inevitable which i would like to see to be honest. How much prestige would that add to the belt knowing that Hulk Hogan was once was the TNA Champion. A massive amount.

My guess is that, if TNA is indeed debuting a Monday night show, Hogan puts the title on himself to launch it. The sad reality is that Hogan is a household name, and having the belt on him when the new program kicks off will generate interest.

A side note: since one reason Hogan is doing so much promotional work, including signing with TNA right now, is to sell his book, a heel turn is not currently in the cards. Heels don't sell books like faces do. Period.

Now what would I like to see from Hogan:

1) Hogan provides a perfect opportunity to build up a couple great heels. In fact, there has never been a wrestler better able to make his foes instant mega-heels than Hogan. Just think how over guys like Randy Savage and Paul Orndorff became when they turned on Hogan. Think how absolutely despised guys like King Kong Bundy and Earthquake were after attacking Hogan. TNA could really put over some of their younger heels here.

2) I'd like Hogan to begin talking about his involvement with TNA a LOT, like constantly! If the company is giving him complete creative control in exchange for publicity, Hogan needs to make good on his end of the bargain. He's been on a flurry of major media outlets during the last couple days. He needs to be talking up TNA at every turn!

3) I'd like for Hogan to determine a couple of key younger guys to put over and then do his best to make certain they get that rub. Having Hogan job to guys left and right does nobody any good. Then he just looks like the weak geriatric he really is rather than the legend capable of "pulling out the big one" on any given occasion.

4) Please bring in Flair! Since it's apparent "The Nature Boy" is going to disrespect his WrestleMania send-off, at least it can be done to the benefit of TNA! Personally, I would MUCH rather see A.J. vs. Flair than A.J. vs. Hogan. Let Flair take the TNA strap, then drop it to Hogan. It would add both legends' names to the belt, boost its profile immeasurably, and perhaps even allow one of the current roster of TNA contenders to pick up a rare title win from Flair!

its a really good idea to have hogan in tna but is not a good iidea to let him have creative control or any sort of power. now eric bischoff having a little creative control wouldnt be a bad idea but limited. think of the other big names that might come to tna now who wouldnt before thinking that they were bigger than the company. my only concern is they wont build around styles and the younger talent who helped get the company to where it is now. lets just hope that dixie carter knows this and carries on building up and around the stars she got and not get star struck by having hogan on the scene. oh and he is only there promoting a book. which in the end is wrong he should be there to help build this company up like he did with wwe/wwf. tna is by far a really good company with such great talent be shame if he didnt help it out

I would be happy for him to be in a commisioner role of some sort.

However the moment he steps into the ring I want Homicide to come in and hit the Gringo Killer on him and break his freeking neck!

I love TNA, and I feel Hogan will ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back