Would CMT Make A Good Home For TNA?

wrestlingfanusa

Occasional Pre-Show
So im watching wrestling last nite and it dawned on me. Tna will prob move sometime soon to a new network and wat better network than cmt to move to? I mean it fits there southern style and wrestling and the south goes together well. Plus they could partner up and actually help get the superstars of tna some damn new music. I dont know bout anyone else but that music fortune has is horrible. Who likes it fortune four being said bout 4 times in a row constantly. Now if they dont move the show to a new network they could have a new show on that network kinda like how raw is on usa and smackdown is on sci fy. I mean i dont see alot of popular shows on cmt and im guessing ratings are not through the roof so it could bring ratings up there. I dont think they will leave spike but if they did this would be a first choice im sure.

ummm......NO!

This is a terrible idea. Taking a horrible show, and placing it on a horrible network is like taking a gun, cocking it, and blowing your brains out. Impact Wrestling isn't a country show. What will all the good lil' cowboys think when they see it? I mean ODB would fit it. She looks like a drunk ****e, so that could work. But Abyss? Sting? Do they fit the country genre? Hell no. Impact wrestling doesn't belong on cmt, and it never will!

WWE was on The Nashville Network till it was changed to Spike. Hell Smackdown is on SciFi. I here my friends who watch SciFi bitch about wrestling being on the channel. I don't think it is much what is on the network. Wrestling fans will watch it no matter what channel it is on as long as they have the channel. What you are hoping for is that the other people watching the channel stay from the show they are watching or tune in early and see the show and decide to tune in next week.

If they are gonna change channels it needs to be one with more viewers than what Spike gets. I'm not sure on the numbers but I can almost bet Spike gets more viewers than the CMT.

Plus I don't know why you think they are changing networks soon. There has been talks about them teaming up with that new MMA company Spike is bringing in. Plus I am almost sure Impact is one of the higher viewed shows on Spike. So I can't see them dumping them.

I would say people like james storm,odb,mickie james, jeff hardy, jeff jarrett, matt morgan, and crimson among others fit in with the country scene. Plus u would prob get some lesser known bands to record some real music for some of the wrestlers. Imagine big and rich performing for james storm. Impact wrestling is like wcw in the way its more southern than anything else. If its not country then why are they mainly taping impact in places like alabama, georgia, and nashville tenn.

Dude, I rarely watch TNA on a weekly basis and I can even tell you this is a horrid idea. TNA is one of Spike TV's top shows and with UFC leaving, Spike TV will undoubtedly put more effort into TNA. Moving TNA to a less popular Television station is a foolish move. Face it, Country music isn't exactly in these days and with TNA's current targeted demographic, people would instantly turn away. Sure CMT is a fine home for some southern wrestling organization that hasn't exactly taken off yet, but like them or not, TNA is already a huge company. You should never fix what isn't broken. And TNA's relationship with Spike isn't broken.

Ok i know they are not getting bigger ratings than spike tv, but if they ever were to move networks it would be a good fit. I mean country music and wrestling go hand and hand. Plus being on the network im sure that they could get real music for the superstars. If not that then why not have xplosion air on cmt i mean it would bring cmt ratings up. Im also happy there teaming up with that mma company. If they were on cmt they could have the bands perform superstars music and imagine having a band play live for james storm at a ppv or a impact show. Im pretty sure that people would watch cmt if impact wrestling was on there. The only other thing i watch on spike is bar rescue and sometimes ufc besides wrestling.

Spike tv is the channel when i turned it on it was for ufc or a good movie. Tna seems alot like wcw to me, and not just with the way they push old guys. It seems like wcw was a more southern type of company and so does tna. It is from headquartered in nashville and has alot of mostly southern fans. Plus look where there taping nashville tennessee georgia and alabama. Basically sticking to the south bc they know that they can draw there bc wrestling is popular there. If they ever had to switch or got pushed out they could go to cmt and bring up the ratings there. I love that tna is on spike but i wouldnt mind them on cmt either. Plus u could get some music for certain superstars like the "cowboy" james storm.

Spike tv is the channel when i turned it on it was for ufc or a good movie. Tna seems alot like wcw to me, and not just with the way they push old guys. It seems like wcw was a more southern type of company and so does tna. It is from headquartered in nashville and has alot of mostly southern fans. Plus look where there taping nashville tennessee georgia and alabama. Basically sticking to the south bc they know that they can draw there bc wrestling is popular there. If they ever had to switch or got pushed out they could go to cmt and bring up the ratings there. I love that tna is on spike but i wouldnt mind them on cmt either. Plus u could get some music for certain superstars like the "cowboy" james storm.

Haven't you mad the "look where they are going to tape, new music" point a few times already? CMT will never be the home of Impact Wrestling. If they were to move, which I don't see for a very long time, they would either move to a bigger network..or they will move to your local channels like Smackdown used to be

For EVERYONE criticizing that idea. YOU ARE WRONG. TNA and CMT are a VERY GOOD fit for several reasons.

1 - Touring

The majority of the touring that TNA does is in country, rural and southern towns. TNA goes mostly to thier tier cities. You only have to look at the schedule. Macon, GA is about as CMT as you can get.

2 - Cross Promotions

CMT would allow TNA to tab into opportunities you can't get on Spike. The Country music awards, Reality Programming , the CMT tours and other programming.

3 - Viacom

CMT is owned by Viacom and Viacom has MORE money than Spike. If you don't know Viacom owns BET, MTV, VH1 and a host of other properties. They have deep pockets and a hit wrestling show would get more dollars to that network. TNA would instantly become the head honcho and ratings juggernaut.

4 - Country IS IN

Whatever that poster said about country not being in is just ludacris. Country never went out of style. It's like Gospel music, the music is evergreen , has a very dedicated audience that buys and is hot in other markets like Japan and Europe. OP do your homework, country music is big over seas and accounts for the new dollars coming into the industry.

So IF TNA were to leave Spike, I would make a pitch to CMT because that is a great fit. TNA is a southern promotion in every sense of the word. It doesn't matter if they are trying to target people outside of the south. It's the actions that matter and the last time I checked.

TNA tours the Rednect Circuit.

I guess it depends the type of viewer your going to be going after.
CMT doesn't seem like a good fit for me. CMT seems more like a family network. would TNA have to cut down/stop the swearing and blood? if so, forget about it.
the only shows I can think of that I've watched on CMT are old classic comedies like According To Jim, Home Improvement, Reba. nothing even close to what I would think of for a wrestling entertainment company.

I don't know the values of CMT compared to Spike, but that seems like a lateral move if not backwards. if your going to move you should be aiming higher.

IMO if TNA is going to be switching newtworks they should be shooting for a sporting/entertainment type channel with a well known name like MTV or ESPN. if not one of those then you should go after a network like WCW had with TBS.

there may be a lot of country music fans out there, but I bet there are more fans for the type of music they play on MTV.

3 - Viacom

CMT is owned by Viacom and Viacom has MORE money than Spike. If you don't know Viacom owns BET, MTV, VH1 and a host of other properties. They have deep pockets and a hit wrestling show would get more dollars to that network. TNA would instantly become the head honcho and ratings juggernaut.

LOfuckingL! Viacom owns such television stations/networks: Comedy Central, Logo, BET, TV Land, Nick@Nite, Nickelodeon, TeenNick, Nick Jr., MTV, VH1, MTV2, Tr3́s, CMT, and guess what...Spike fucking TV. That just totally throws your entire argument out the window. Why doesn't Viacom just use TNA on these networks? What would CMT do that Spike doesn't? Give me something besides your stereotypical response that all wrestling fans are rednecks that listen to country. By that logic, all wrestling fans are males and Spike features shows that target the male audience. Therefore TNA should stay on Spike...right?

I edited this bc I realized someone already informed that Viacom owns SPIKE.

I think that if TNA did a second show, they should also air it on SPIKE. BUT, I could see it fitting in with CMT for the reason someone stated earlier. WWF went to TNN (The Nashville Network) when it decided it wanted to become TNN (The National Network). After that it became SPIKE. I would never expect TNA's flagship show to be on another network, but if they could launch a second show on a new network, it couldn't hurt.

Maybe when they finally start filming all IMPACTS on the road, they could use the Impact Zone to start filming a second show. That would keep the cost down on the new show and make it easier to shop.

Hmm for those who dont think its a good idea your sadly mistaken. If the country stars had it on there network they would more than likely cross-promote with tna. Come on now wat would be better than having james storm invite big and rich to impact to play his theme song live for the crowd if they were on the road. It would give the fans a chance to see big and rich and also they would enjoy the show. Plus maybe a tna star or two mite get to be in a music video which would create more awareness for tna. Plus they could have james storm on the cmt music awards.

They fit really well on Spike right now. Perfect demographic that wrestling should generally be aimed at, and about the best ratings they'll pull on a taped Thursday show.

CMT is actually not the first network that comes to mind. I don't think that TNA fans are as country as people like to think, TNA has a large diversity of fans, and dedicating most the show towards the country demographic would lose interest in the other portions of the viewership.

Heck, a month ago, you could of put it on TV Land with the roster.

If they were on cmt they could go on tour to places some of bands go. Plus spike tv is more well known then cmt so cmt would prob do more since it would give them more awareness. Prob have cross promotion i know people where i love love country music and if someone like big and rich or garth brooks or jason aldean appeared on tna they would go nuts and love it.

Hmm for those who dont think its a good idea your sadly mistaken. If the country stars had it on there network they would more than likely cross-promote with tna. Come on now wat would be better than having james storm invite big and rich to impact to play his theme song live for the crowd if they were on the road. It would give the fans a chance to see big and rich and also they would enjoy the show. Plus maybe a tna star or two mite get to be in a music video which would create more awareness for tna. Plus they could have james storm on the cmt music awards.

Boy you don't know when to give up do you? Well when just about every single person disagrees with you maybe it's time to rethink your idea.

I get what you're saying about TNA having that southern feeling to it, I agree that some of their talent has that same feeling. Hell I even agree that it'd be cool to have someone like Aldean come on because I'm a huge fan of his, but that would be playing to too small of an audience. That would be a bad idea even on Spike but on CMT? I have nothing against CMT but that is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard, that would be such a massive step down it isn't even funny.

On top of that with the UFC's contract almost up with Spike, TNA is going to be the going to be an even bigger deal to Spike and they're gonna boost that show like there's no tomorrow. They also have Bellator coming to Spike soon but that is not even close to the promotion that the UFC is and it should take a back seat to Impact. The main point here is that it is just plain stupid to think that TNA should go to CMT, it would be a step down from where they are and they would lose tons of their viewers because your generalization that most wrestling fans are rednecks is BS and it's fans like you that give everyone else a bad name.

LOfuckingL! Viacom owns such television stations/networks: Comedy Central, Logo, BET, TV Land, Nick@Nite, Nickelodeon, TeenNick, Nick Jr., MTV, VH1, MTV2, Tr3́s, CMT, and guess what...Spike fucking TV. That just totally throws your entire argument out the window. Why doesn't Viacom just use TNA on these networks? What would CMT do that Spike doesn't? Give me something besides your stereotypical response that all wrestling fans are rednecks that listen to country. By that logic, all wrestling fans are males and Spike features shows that target the male audience. Therefore TNA should stay on Spike...right?

My mistake in not knowing TNA was owned by Viacom DOESN'T THROW OUT ANYTHING. My argument was based on the benefits and fit of the demographic.

You show your lack of the TNA Brand or business because any person that watched the show five minutes can see the MATCH with CMT.

And like I stated before TNA travels the Redneck Circuit. It started there, caters to them and always have been. Yes they want to expand and I am totally for TNA doing that but TNA actions show what type of company it is. CMT wouldn't diminish the TNA Brand, It would allow stars like James Storm to get over in other markets. Isn't that what hogan was bitchin about anyway ?

If the stars aren't getting on reality tv, doing public appearances and the like on Spike, then CMT could provide that opportunity. If you want people to get over you have to get more publicity and Spike 2 Hours per week isn't getting the ratings up. CMT I think would be a great long term move because it could get those indy style stars face time with people who can identify with them.

My mistake in not knowing TNA was owned by Viacom DOESN'T THROW OUT ANYTHING. My argument was based on the benefits and fit of the demographic.

You show your lack of the TNA Brand or business because any person that watched the show five minutes can see the MATCH with CMT.

And like I stated before TNA travels the Redneck Circuit. It started there, caters to them and always have been

Which is a better targeted audience? The few people who listen to country or the male audience? I'd go with the male audience. When's the last time you sat down and watched Spike programming? It's focused on the male demeographic. The male audience that Spike receives is far better then the country audience that CMT receives.

You mention that opportunities would open up because CMT is owned by Viacom...well Viacom owns Spike. Where are these opportunities that you speak of?

Spike is more widely available than CMT.......this could raise views for the CMT channel itself but could hurt views for Impact.

Also, sponsors will be more likely to want to put adds on Spike rather than CMT due to CMT being a very segregated channel in terms of its theme.

Not a smart move for them at all.

Impact on CMT, sounds good to me. It would fit with Country Fried Videos, and Pimp My Truck, and wrestling is seen as a red neck thing, so it isn't really a bad marketing move. Plus it does travel to more rural areas, vs large metropolitan areas, Hammond IN vs Chicago, Southern Illinois vs Chicago.

I think that TNA could benefit alot by having a secondary program on CMT. It wouldn't be all that bad they have a demographic there that likes professional wrestling.

What they really need to think about is getting a big-time PPV like program on Showtime. They've got 12 pay-per-views that generate probably 2-3 quality PPVs while the others are just fillers.

With Showtime they can show that it's possible that now TNA could put on a commericial free PPV type program and use it to build up their PPVs and generate bigger PPV buys. It's possible because TNA already generates 2 million fans weekly on their flagship. I think they could do well drawing maybe 1 million viewers would be the hope.

Showtime has Boxing, MMA so why not add wrestling and to have it commercial free would be a big bonus.

I think that TNA could benefit alot by having a secondary program on CMT. It wouldn't be all that bad they have a demographic there that likes professional wrestling.

What they really need to think about is getting a big-time PPV like program on Showtime. They've got 12 pay-per-views that generate probably 2-3 quality PPVs while the others are just fillers.

With Showtime they can show that it's possible that now TNA could put on a commericial free PPV type program and use it to build up their PPVs and generate bigger PPV buys. It's possible because TNA already generates 2 million fans weekly on their flagship. I think they could do well drawing maybe 1 million viewers would be the hope.

Showtime has Boxing, MMA so why not add wrestling and to have it commercial free would be a big bonus.

sorry but no.
TNA barely generates interest in Impact how is adding another programme gonna change anything? 2 million fans was the most they ever had and that was when Hogan returned, it has since declined considerably according to the ratings, which admittedly isn't a true reflection as they only cover by there own words at most 40% of the worlds viewing.

So im watching wrestling last nite and it dawned on me. Tna will prob move sometime soon to a new network and wat better network than cmt to move to? I mean it fits there southern style and wrestling and the south goes together well. Plus they could partner up and actually help get the superstars of tna some damn new music. I dont know bout anyone else but that music fortune has is horrible. Who likes it fortune four being said bout 4 times in a row constantly. Now if they dont move the show to a new network they could have a new show on that network kinda like how raw is on usa and smackdown is on sci fy. I mean i dont see alot of popular shows on cmt and im guessing ratings are not through the roof so it could bring ratings up there. I dont think they will leave spike but if they did this would be a first choice im sure.

Just when I think your ideas can't get any worse...you make another thread. Haven't you learned from your other hundred failed threads? Ok let's see. Let's put TNA onto a Country...yes..a Country station..Let me get back to that one...No wait I'll just answer it now. Putting a show with low ratings on a network with equally as low ratings just doesn't make sense what so ever. That would really put TNA in the minor league situation. They need to be thinking of BIGGER networks, not SMALLER. Dude seriously you can't really think any of these ideas are good. Nobody has their head that far up themselves, do they?

Fortune's music is great for them. If your beef is about their music then you need to stop watching wrestling period. Their music suits them. What do you want? Them to come out to some hardcore "alll my exs live in Texas" stuff? Are you TRYING to turn them into the West Texas Rednecks?

TNA doesn't need to focus on getting into a country music network. They need to focus on getting viewership even higher and being a hot commodity. Once they are a hot ticket they will have opened doors. You really need to learn business and the way things work before you start suggesting ideas kid.

I don't see IW going to cmt, I do like the idea somebody said about putting a 2nd show in the impact zone on cmt

I don't see IW going to cmt, I do like the idea somebody said about putting a 2nd show in the impact zone on cmt, that could work.

On a side note, to whoever said "the few who listen to country music," you're braindead. I don't really listen to country music, but country music is much bigger than you think. Country music albums are always near/at the top of the charts.

Tna doesn't need a new network.Tna needs big ratings. Stuff like the jersey shore is pretty cool but they need controversy cause controversy creates ratings. I think tna should make a new super hero character and call him the "green blazer". It would ruffle the feathers of a few people but wouldn't be that big of a deal. It would get a few more people to watch so after you do the green blazer skit, you bring out joe and aj for a classic which hooks more people onto tna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back