• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Three Shows on One Network

ThePeoplesChampion

Getting Noticed By Management
I know its been like this forever raw on spike or usa and smackdown on upn or cw or mynetwork......then throw in ecw on on its on station....now what i am proposing is what if all three shows was on the same network say usa?.....since not all people i get mynetwork or sci fy (im dumb i dont know how to spell) but would it help the ratings for smackdown and ecw.....tell me wat u think?

Reactions: OIL
I think that it would raise the ratings for Smackdown due to not everybody having My Network TV. I think that ECW will probably keep the same ratings as it does now & of course RAW will still have the same ratings as it does now. I think if anything this will help Smackdown more than any other show if this was to happen.

because usa is a cable program and smackdown is free to air(i think)

im not sure about American tv, but over ehre, all three shows are on sky sports, which is a paid "extra", ie you pay an extra 20 quid/40 dollers a month just for the sports packages, with afterburn on the "free" cable channel sky 1.

I could never approve of that. I live off free television considering there is nothing elsewhere in TV land worth watching other than Heroes and SmackDown. Granted I'd love to be able to watch RAW, ECW, and Impact, but SD! will do nicely. If all the shows went on one network like USA, a lot of penny pinchers like me would be pretty pissed. IMHO, I actually think the ratings would drop considering the large amount to TV owners that still don't have cable. And you thought not having MyNetworkTV would be a major factor.

Now if all the shows were on a national free channel, like NBC, however, that would be a different story. I would rejoice all week long!!!

I have to say that this would improve ratings, and its not as much as having them all on the same station, but rather having the shows on stations that most viewers get.

The sci-fi network for example, I have to pay an extra fifteen bucks a month to get a package that includes the sci-fi network, just so i can watch an hour of wrestling. lets say that ECW was on the USA network in the same Tuesday time slot, The ratings would double, and for no other reason that ECW would be available to a wider audience.

I would have to assume that Vince is making a little extra money, having three contracts with three stations, as opposed to 1 contract with one station.

If I had to pick a station to do it, I would give it to USA, they seem to do a pretty good job at advertising RAW throughout the week, as well as cross advertising with there own network shows.

* WWE has their own On-Demand T.V station, where you can watch all types of classic matches, and such. Now what if it was an actual station, they have more than enough programming to put a legit tv station together, a good selection of WWE D movies, classic wcw programs, old ppvs, they have the rights to it all, and its only a matter of time in my opinion before the next step is taken. (and even with this station, they could still have a contract so simulcast raw, or smackdown on the usa network.?)

I know its been like this forever raw on spike or usa and smackdown on upn or cw or mynetwork......then throw in ecw on on its on station....now what i am proposing is what if all three shows was on the same network say usa?.....since not all people i get mynetwork or sci fy (im dumb i dont know how to spell) but would it help the ratings for smackdown and ecw.....tell me wat u think?

I don't know why they haven't done that in the first place it would make sense to have all WWE programming on one network. I'm sure it would cause less of a headache for the WWE front offices but USA does own Sci-Fi but I see what you mean RAW, SMACKDOWN, ECW all on USA network it would certainly make sense.

We as fans can say it makes sense but I'm sure WWE offices already thought of this and crunch numbers and I'm sure they would have done this already if it made sense to them in a corporate sense its all about the money these days. But sense MyNetwork is going all reruns except SD I'd jump ship if possible but they have a contract.

I see this more of a network problem than a WWE problem. The trick would be finding a station that would give 5-6 hours a week to wrestling. USA has a number of different programs and would most likely have to cut some shows, most likely re-runs, and spend more money to have the WWE shows run. The only way this is going to happen is if WWE gets their own channel.

imo i feel that it is nice to hav all the programs on different channels 1 reason would be if they all was on 1 network one show would top the other shows in ratings and i would think vince lik havin all three shows being number 1 rated on scifi usa and my networktv

Well they aren't all in the same network, but you can find them all in one place. *link removed: no advertising - Slyfox* It plays all the shows and PPV's. I haven't paid for any wrestling or MMA PPV for months since finding it. But thats for another day.

If they were all on the same network it would help Smackdown the most. People could actually find it and watch. Maybe ECW a little bit, there really isn't anything to watch at that time besides ESPN.

Well they aren't all in the same network, but you can find them all in one place. *link removed: no advertising - Slyfox* It plays all the shows and PPV's. I haven't paid for any wrestling or MMA PPV for months since finding it. But thats for another day.

If they were all on the same network it would help Smackdown the most. People could actually find it and watch. Maybe ECW a little bit, there really isn't anything to watch at that time besides ESPN.

That place is cracking down on all live schedules, from wrestling to football, with people who run the channels getting letters from the companies who currently air the productds

But what network would want what 6 hours of first run wrestling a week? USA can't or don't want to fit ECW into their schedule which is why ECW's on Sc-Fi. I think it's a pipe dream but oh well.

yeah i wish there were all on one network provided it is a network i have as long as they don't all go on my network becuase for the past few years i have not been able to watch SD it's funny because i watched SD before when we had UPN here on guam and we didn't get spike now that we have spike we don't get either UPN or Mynetwork and i watch to follow triple h so when he was on raw we didn't have it and now that we got raw back on usa triple h got drafted to SD oh and we get spike now so i can try to watch tna but for some reason i can't make it to the end i always sleep on it

yeah i wish there were all on one network provided it is a network i have as long as they don't all go on my network becuase for the past few years i have not been able to watch SD it's funny because i watched SD before when we had UPN here on guam and we didn't get spike now that we have spike we don't get either UPN or Mynetwork and i watch to follow triple h so when he was on raw we didn't have it and now that we got raw back on usa triple h got drafted to SD oh and we get spike now so i can try to watch tna but for some reason i can't make it to the end i always sleep on it

No network in their right mind would have all 3 shows on their schedule. That would be like 5 hours of week in primetime (maybe except for ecw) devoted to wrestling. If this was the 80's or when wrestling was big in the 90's this could have worked, but definitely not now. When you look at any network, there is variety in the type of shows they portray (unless your the CW who just produces teen drama stuff). You need that mix of drama, comedy, action, whatever. Wrestling, on an excellent day, draws a 4.0. Look at something that is a hit everywhere else, like American Idol, and that can draw easily a 14.0. Most good drama shows in primetime draw 5.0-10.0. Maybe the problem is the station, but wwe gets some primetime on nbc (though its saturday night) and they draw worse. Makes absolutely no sense for a network to have all 3, even if it would increase viewership in one, ie smackdown.

It's interesting to see what the UK ratings are like...

Raw/Smackdown/ECW are all on Sky Sports which is a cable TV subscription where you pay extra a month. Smackdown used to be on Sky1 (which is one of the standard Sky channels) and I would always watch that.

I dunno how it works in the USA, but certainly a channel that reaches more people would put the ratings up.

Australia has ECW, Smackdown, Raw, Heat, WWE Experience, WWE Vintage Collection, Saturday Night Main Event (when it is on), And the Hall of FAme (once a year). All on the same channel, hell we have super saturday and Sunday of wrestling. Ends up being 6hrs a day, 12 hours over the weekend, all on Fox8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back