• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Network = Look Inside For Answer

Will The "Network" be revealed as Dixie Carter

• Yes

• No

• Who Cares

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't really consider it a rehash. I mean the Network was Spike TV when it was called TNN. More like a continuation. If the person behind them turns out to be Dixie or Sting, I will be indeed disappointed. However if Mick Foley won't fill the role, who can fit it? Daniels? Sorry, but it seems all signs point to Sting or Dixie. Damn shame too, because this story I'm really liking.

Uh, you realize the "Network" angle was done by Paul Heyman years before the WWE ever came up with that ridiculous anonymous GM, right?

I suggest you know what you're talking about before you come in here trying to spout off TNA insults like you're educating the rest of us on something we don't know about.

If anything, this angle is a retooling of the angle Heyman ran, and welcome to the world of professional wrestling, guy. Everything is a rehash, and everything is a retool.

As for the topic, I wanted this so badly to be Mick Foley. It's gonna blow if this is just Dixie Carter again — we've already been down that road not but a few weeks back with the whole court-case power struggle.

Really sucks that Foley doesn't intend to re-sign.

I don't blame Foley, and i almost forgot that he was still with the company because the last time i saw him on television is when he got beat up by The Band. I won't be surprise if they going convince Foley to stay with the company who hasn't been use properly in the last year or so and what can they do with him, whats the point of staying there and wait for creative team to come up with something for him that doesn't involve him going back into the ring again. It makes perfect sense for Foley to do it, but he doesn't want to re-sign with the company

Foley leaving makes sense because he has nothing left to do in TNA and WWE would likely have him back with the lack of big stars with Taker/Rock/HHH all being part time and Edge retiring. Its funny how TNA didnt learn from the first failed storeyline involving guys who weren't signed long term.

Foley bailed TNA out when he agreed to work past the # of dates he signed to work for the EV2 angle. It is highly doubtful he will do it again, especially with all WCW guys running the show now and none of his old crew around. Can't wait til he jumps back to WWE and show's up with the Rock in Miami.

As for who will be revealed, unless its Heyman, Macho Man, or Bill Goldberg, this will be a huge let down (AGAIN). Per Usual. Par for the course.

Hogan says they are thinking like a wrestler so it's a wrestler, BUT it really hasn't been mentioned on this thread that Hogan has been wanting Macho Man in, maybe a few things per say but not really. I really want to see this a group that I may hate to say this, includes not only Dixie Carter, but also Vince Russo. Two people who are not wrestlers, surrounding them be the main person of the network and that be the Macho Man.

Hogan alluded it to be that the Network has a wrestler working for them, and it's some one working with them from the inside.. ooooooh...

Therefore I'll go with Foley. They are paying him a tonne of money for what excatly? I'll go with him.

this is a quote I got ffrom another site, which actually came from this site.
WrestleZone has learned that TNA was heading into this week's set of iMPACT tapings for Spike TV with the thought that Mick Foley was going to be revealed as the "Network Representative" who has been making Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff's lives miserable.

"The whole angle was a ripoff of the Original ECW and Paul Heyman's shoot on (then-TNN, now Spike TV) in 1999 and 2000," a key TNA insider told us this afternoon, "and then the angle also became a way for TNA to think to themselves they were one-upping WWE with the anonymous Monday Night Raw General Manager angle."

Sometime early this week, the plans with Foley fell apart. We have heard two different stories regarding this, both from credible TNA insiders. Obviously, only Foley, Vince Russo, Eric Bischoff, and Dixie Carter know the whole truth at the moment.

The first story is that Foley's contract is set to expire soon, and he let TNA know he was not bluffing when he said he didn't see why he would re-sign when his deal with the company was up.

The second story we heard is that Foley disagreed with the creative aspect of the reveal, and simply balked at being the "Network Representative."

Whichever is the case, we have heard there is a real concern over finding someone who can not only be a major shock to TNA fans, but also someone who can carry the role long term.

We will continue to bring you exclusive behind-the-scenes information on this breaking story as it develops.

multiple things come mind.
typical TNA. going through with a story line before having everything locked up.
another copy? although I have said and think so much in wrestling has been done before.
trying to one up WWE? again TNA is trying to do something to beat WWE. TNA needs to forget about WWE. even if TNA was to reveal the network before a mystery GM on RAW, what does that prove? it's not going to get TNA more viewers just because of that.
Mick Foley would have been a good choice. he is good face now and could have been someone to stick going against Immortal. now who? Dixie? Hogan already said they were thinking like a wrestler. Ric Flair wouldn't fit because he just got beat to shit by Fortune at Lockdown. Bischoff? while Bischoff is a wrestling mind, I don't think he fits because Bischoff is a better heel. if Bischoff were to become the network, would that make him face to go against Immortal? I have seen the mention of Tommy Dreamer, but he isn't big enough and shouldn't end up with that type of power. idealy it would be someone who has had a some what long connection with TNA before Hogan/Bischoff came in.
at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see it be Sting.

The problem with both the GM/Network storylines at this point are that no matter who eventually comes out to be revealed it won't make any sense as well as the fact that I don't think any one cares at this point...

Yes companies recycle past plot points all the time you rarely see them so close to each other and if they do do it as in the case of DX/nWo, usually there is a slightly different edge to it that sets them apart...

The GM storyline has dragged on way too long so no matter who comes out something is gonna have to be ignored/retconed to make it work and now with news that Foley was supposed to originally be the Network its gonna make no sense when they do throw someone out there...

IMHO bad creative decisions by both parties...

WWE for not knowing when to say when and TNA for going through with a major storyline without locking up the talent to make it work ala MEM....

I've honestly stopped caring, completely. TNA's history suggest it's going to be someone who's been around the entire time, if they don't just go with the obvious choice, Dixie Carter. It'll be unsurprising, but they'll play it off as if it's the biggest surprise in wrestling history.

TNA has a major problem with making everything either a surprise or a swerve, and it's gotten to the point where they're completely unable to pull it off correctly anymore. Anybody who matters in that company has already been a part of a swerve, and for them to do it again would be redundant.

The entire "Network" storyline is completely vague in some parts, convoluted in others. They could make anybody remotely affiliated with TNA the voice behind the "Network" and have it make sense to some degree.

I've honestly stopped caring, completely. TNA's history suggest it's going to be someone who's been around the entire time, if they don't just go with the obvious choice, Dixie Carter. It'll be unsurprising, but they'll play it off as if it's the biggest surprise in wrestling history.

TNA has a major problem with making everything either a surprise or a swerve, and it's gotten to the point where they're completely unable to pull it off correctly anymore. Anybody who matters in that company has already been a part of a swerve, and for them to do it again would be redundant.

The entire "Network" storyline is completely vague in some parts, convoluted in others. They could make anybody remotely affiliated with TNA the voice behind the "Network" and have it make sense to some degree.

Dude, that's how all TNA booking works. You book extraordinarily vague so that no matter which direction you go, there is always SOMETHING you can point to saying "look, this has validity, it makes sense!" Of course, then you have to leave out 7 other things that were said or done because this style brings upon a lot of plotholes. Well that and the lack of promo prepation. When you have main event guys who are allowed to ramble (I'm talking to you Anderson and Hogan), you may say things that you didn't mean to say but if we watch them on our TV, they will be factored into the plot. To start, do a better job of keeping promos concise and you'd have less problems with causing plotholes.

As for this Network story, I really hope for TNA's sake that this isn't true. I fear that it is though and you know what they say: "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice........."

I mean, wouldn't they have learned their lesson after the Main Event Mafia debacle? Apparently not, because if this is true, it means they went ahead with an angle figuring Foley would be cool with it and now he might not be? Now, either he's pulling a Nash and saying "i don't like how this story has been written and I don't want to be part of it" which would be bad and is a sign that your writing stinks (twice having veterans that understand good stories saying your writing and booking stinks should hint at that), OR he was never really approached about the story even though he was pegged as the guy for the role and in the meantime of doing nothing for the company he works for, he decided it was time to go do something else so that by the time he was approached, it was too late. Either scenario is bad and show the flaws in TNA management (provided this is all true of course).

You can look at things now and over the span of a few months, you had a major storyline fall through, a main eventer leave due to embarrassing the company by abusing drugs and performing under their influence, and now ANOTHER major storyline might have been compromised? This doesn't say anything good about the company and it comes off to me very much like WCW in that it's uncontrolled chaos over there.

TNA better find a solution to this "network" problem, though I don't think this story ever had a great solution. Foley would have been ok, but any person only works if they help get Dixie back in power. That's the story that's underlying everything so it only works if this person is working WITH Dixie. Despite what you think of her, they made her integral to the plot and she has to be involved. As long as she is, this can work. Otherwise, why the hell would a network employ a wrestler or former wrestler just to overrule decisions by Hogan?

But then who would you pick then...I mean who is there really to come out and be revealed...

For me, to make sense it would have to be...

A) someone high up that could get the stroke needed to pull that kind of power play
B) someone that has been off TV for an extended period of time to make it meaningful
C) someone that dislikes Hogan

who could they credibly put in that position...I only know of one man...one man that could come from out of the shadows...the one man Hogan has never cleanly pinned...

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!

no seriously...who would you pick...

1st choice - Macho Man
2nd choice - Roddy Piper (Segments between him and Anderson would be awesome lol although I think he's employed with WWE)
3rd choice - Jesse Ventura

The whole storyline with "The Network" is just annoying. I don't care who "The Network" is and the more they mention him/her/them/it onscreen, the less I care about who it is. Yes it's been done before. I didn't like it then either. I see it as TNA bringing back this type of storyline just to have something to play off of Raw's GM. I hope it doesn't end up being someone like Dixie. She's terrible onscreen and cannot be taken seriously as an authority figure. I hope that TNA can find a way out of this storyline and back to things that matter because the overwhelming majority of fans probably couldn't care less about "The Network".

Dude, that's how all TNA booking works. You book extraordinarily vague so that no matter which direction you go, there is always SOMETHING you can point to saying "look, this has validity, it makes sense!" Of course, then you have to leave out 7 other things that were said or done because this style brings upon a lot of plotholes. Well that and the lack of promo prepation. When you have main event guys who are allowed to ramble (I'm talking to you Anderson and Hogan), you may say things that you didn't mean to say but if we watch them on our TV, they will be factored into the plot. To start, do a better job of keeping promos concise and you'd have less problems with causing plotholes.

As for this Network story, I really hope for TNA's sake that this isn't true. I fear that it is though and you know what they say: "fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice........."

I mean, wouldn't they have learned their lesson after the Main Event Mafia debacle? Apparently not, because if this is true, it means they went ahead with an angle figuring Foley would be cool with it and now he might not be? Now, either he's pulling a Nash and saying "i don't like how this story has been written and I don't want to be part of it" which would be bad and is a sign that your writing stinks (twice having veterans that understand good stories saying your writing and booking stinks should hint at that), OR he was never really approached about the story even though he was pegged as the guy for the role and in the meantime of doing nothing for the company he works for, he decided it was time to go do something else so that by the time he was approached, it was too late. Either scenario is bad and show the flaws in TNA management (provided this is all true of course).

You can look at things now and over the span of a few months, you had a major storyline fall through, a main eventer leave due to embarrassing the company by abusing drugs and performing under their influence, and now ANOTHER major storyline might have been compromised? This doesn't say anything good about the company and it comes off to me very much like WCW in that it's uncontrolled chaos over there.

TNA better find a solution to this "network" problem, though I don't think this story ever had a great solution. Foley would have been ok, but any person only works if they help get Dixie back in power. That's the story that's underlying everything so it only works if this person is working WITH Dixie. Despite what you think of her, they made her integral to the plot and she has to be involved. As long as she is, this can work. Otherwise, why the hell would a network employ a wrestler or former wrestler just to overrule decisions by Hogan?

Couldn't agree more JJ,TNA does seem like a Company thats in uncontrolled chaos. From the MEM Storyline falling through to Jeff Hardy coming out on a PPV high as a kite to now this "Network" thing which reminds of when ECW did it and the RAW GM storyline.

Im sure this "Network" deal will turn out to be Dixie Carter or Mick Foley's 200th comeback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back