Would anyone be interested in a Diva's Cage match?

PhoenixBuster

Equal Opportunity Poster
The title basically says it all, but in any case, as I watched Raw tonight, I sat staring half blankly at the Diva's tag match and it made me think...

For the last THREE WEEKS, there has been a Diva's tag match on Raw and I, quite frankly, have grown tired of seeing the same formula over and over. Granted, Diva's matches are seldom at or above par. So, that is when it hit me. I can't remember if they've ever done that sort of thing before, but certainly not recently. I wondered if there had been or ever would be a Diva's Cage match and if anyone thinks that that might be fun to watch, or at least MORE fun than a 6 Diva tag match that contains a lot of super sloppy mat work.

So, I now leave the floor to all of you. Would you like to see it? Would it improve the quality, entertainment wise, of the match?

Please step away from whether you think it would ever actually happen as part of your reasoning, however, feel free to toss in whether you DO think it would ever happen.

I'm sure it would be extremely entertaining... if you're entertained by one huge botchfest and a bunch of pretty girls battering themselves with bad bumps.

Fact is that hardcore-style matches in the PG-WWE are all but gone, and the last thing we'd see is the Divas going at it in one of these matches. If it didn't happen 10 years ago, and it didn't happen in ECW, it definitely won't happen now.*

*Maybe in TNA.

Have you seen any of their train wrecks....eh I mean matches on Raw and Smackdown?
Do you really want to see that in a cage? It would be the absolute worst piece of garbage ever witnessed by human eyes. First they would have to be able to put on a decent regular wrestling match, then we can progress into non swim suit, dance contests, or bra and panties matches, but until that time let’s stick to the basics that we know they can’t fuck up, well they always fuck something up but you get my point.

Firstly, I do think that women will have a cage match at some point, be it in two years or two decades. But that's just speculation.

Sure, I'd like to see a women's cage match. It would be something new, and refreshing. Depending on who was in the cage, it could be a fairly decent match containing some inventive spots. I mean, it couldn't make the match any less entertaining. So, yea, why not? It's something new that the women can have a decent match in, that could possibly contain some entertaining stuff and spots.

I'm assuming this is limited to the WWE roster since it's in the WWE forum (duh). I'd have a different answer if we were talking about TNA, but as the question stands, no, I wouldn't be interested in seeing a Diva's cage match.

I'm not someone who's going to sit here and put down the state of the women's division in WWE. I don't think they're as bad as you guys seem to, although I do think the creative staff could do a little better than a tag match with no associated storyline every week. I'm a fan of the bikini divas. They're eye candy, and I'm cool with that. I like looking at half naked chicks, I won't lie. That's not to say that little eye candy chicks in bikinis lends itself to cage matches, though.

...now, another pudding match? Sure. ;)

It happened about 8 years ago and was great. I think a cage match with Mickie James and Beth Phoenix would be amazing. Cus believe it or not, there are actually some Divas that can pull off a decent match.

Yeah i would really love to see a diva tag team match just because it would change evrything and the last time we saw a Diva tag match was between Victoria and lita and on many levels that was kind of lame, so to see a real divas cage match would be nice but divas i could see doing good is Mickie vs Gail or Mickie vs Beth Beth vs Katea lea that bout it....

I dunno about a cage match, but a women's ladder match would be good

IE: Check out Katie Lea vs Beth Phoenix in a ladder match from OVW on youtube and you'll see what I mean

I would be interested in a diva's cage match yes. But thats only if they are actually able to wrestle; not like half of the divas out there. I always thought they should have had a divas cage match or ladder match with Trish Stratus vs Lita, since they both were good in the ring I think it would be amazing. But half of todays divas can't wrestle without getting injured or botching a move sadly.

it was done once it was ok trish vs lita raw roulette a few years ago it was a good match but it was not great. would i like to see it again not unless they put mickie and beth in a feud right away then have a match at ss breaking point then have it to were loser leaves raw hell in a cell and have mickie go over and send beth were she needs to be sd at the hell in a cell ppv

I am for one would be very interested in seeing a Diva's Cage match. I would certainly freshen up the division immensly by adding something more than these regular single & tag matches, with the odd booty contest & something on a pole match. However, there are three things wrong with this suggestion... even though I would pay a lot of money to see it in today's era.

1) There has already been a cage match featuring the diva's a long while back when the WWE had diva's who has a chance of pulling it off being featured on the same brand. Not a good idea to replicate, it seems best to keep the cage match for a speciality male's match. It might be more worthwhile to create a falls count anywhere match or a submission match before making another cage for the girls [unless they are suspended from the ceiling & dancing in revealing clothes]

2) It's the PG era. So, I am going to suggest that Cage's matches in the Diva's area is now a no no. No matter what happens, until the PG rating is lifted then you can say good bye to diva cage matches.

3) The only Diva's Cage match that I could foresee with the current roster split would be a Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James for the Diva's Championship. Having this type of match would bring prestige to both the title & the division but the interest isnt' there. Some might like it as it was the feud-ending match that never-was come to life & others would complain that the diva's division is even more stale as they are re-kindling an old feud.

I would love to see more speciality matches in the diva's division yes, but a cage match would not be happening anytime soon for the women. By my calculations, no male that sits down to watch the diva's would want anything between their eyes & the hot, sweaty women wrestling each other. Not even I.

It depends who was in the match. Only a small group of Divas could pull it off
Also, Victoria defeated Lita in the first ever divas steel cage match in WWE history defeating Lita on the November 24th 2003 Raw Roulette.

I wouldn't object to a Divas cage match but the problem is, as has been pointed out, there aren't currently enough women in the WWE who could pull it off...maybe Mickie James and Melina but at the moment they are'nt on the same brand for that to happen.

Lita and Victoria had a decent cage match, but again that was because both new exactly what they were doing in there and without question both of them could wrestle at that time. So, yes I would like to see another Divas cage match....it could regenerate interest in the division again and put some life back into wwe divas wrestling...I think one of the problems now with the divas matches is that there is not enough variety...so I suppose a few gimmicks such as the cage couldn't hurt from time to time. But it's all about finding the right women who could pull it off and at the moment there are not many in my opinion.

it was done once it was ok trish vs lita raw roulette a few years ago it was a good match but it was not great. would i like to see it again not unless they put mickie and beth in a feud right away then have a match at ss breaking point then have it to were loser leaves raw hell in a cell and have mickie go over and send beth were she needs to be sd at the hell in a cell ppv

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually it was Lita v Victoria on a Raw episode where they had Raw Roulette.

I think that this is an area where TNA have an edge. They have Knockout Ladder Matches, Hardcore Matches, and their knockouts usually have a match inside a cage at the "Lockdown" PPV.

I hope that this "Hell-In-A-Cell" PPV that the WWE is planning soon has a divas HIAC match (especially if all matches are fought in the structure).

For one, no.

The Womans division is WWe is a joke. Where boobs and pretty faces are more "worthwhile" than an actual wrestling match.

Maybe im old fashioned, but I like in-ring action that is entertaining to watch(not big guys chopping each other or some plastic slappers pretending to fight.

It tickles me, the WWE is supposed to be PG, yet they have skantily clad women parading around to appeal to the horny fanboys.

Anyway, back to the cage thing. Its already been done in TNA(Gail Kim vs Jackie) and nothing that the WWe could attempt would even come close to that matchup.

theres been a womans cage match. in 2003 i think, raw roulette. eric bish was still gm. im pretty sure it was victoria vs lita. it was different. look it up online. yep. lita just returned from a broken neck. faced victoria.

No, I would not like to see a Women's cage match. I'm not going to siren off and say that the entire Diva division needs to leave forever because I don't believe that. That said, the Diva's division has some boundaries. One of those is extreme matches, i.e. a steel cage match. One reason is that there simply is not enough diva's who could physically pull the match off. Another is that I think just the thought would be a decent draw, and the choreography of the match would not back up any implied promises.

The bigger problem I would see is that I can imagine the match simply being executed in terrible fashion. If half the divas can't sell a punch, do you think they'll be able to sell getting thrown into a cage? I can imagine the majority of the match just being irish whips into the cage wall. Again and again. I'm sure there would be a couple good spots with the more athletically gifted divas, but the match would be a terrific bore in the middle of a PPV.

I wouldn't mind seeing this kinda match. Just throw in the best in ring performing diva's into a cage match. It would be a fresh change and I think it would actually add some more interest into diva's matches, which to me have been pretty boring for a while. I don't see the harm in trying it out, but have like atleast 4 divas in there or maybe 6 even, a one on one wouldn't be ne good. If the match was scheduled at a pay per view and had a good build up then it could definately get alot of interest, I say go for it.

might lead to some controversy which the brutality of it. But saying that cage matches aren't brutal anymore, the cage is hardly eva used and i thought Mccool ramming her knee into diva's faces was pretty hardcore so, i'm torn i spose.

So, I looked up the ladder match between Beth Phoenix and Katie Lea and it was actually pretty good, so I'd be willing to see a Diva's ladder match between a couple of the modern Divas if they could put on a similar performance.

I do agree that there are many of the Divas today that are just that, Divas. They can't wrestle well and it just hurts to watch them try. But there are still the girls that could very well pull something like this off in a decent forum. I hadn't really seen Katie Lea do her thing before, but after watching the ladder match, I'd be cool with her being in there. Then there are Beth, Mickie, Melina, Natalya, Gail, and McCool to name a few. So, there are actually more divas that know what they are doing than most people let on.

Nevertheless, with the PG rating, I realize that the odds of such a match happening are slim unless done on PPV. Even, as has been said, something smaller scale like a ladder match would have a similar effect. TNA does have the advantage on that in the fact that they are worried about being PG and will let their women have brawls in a cage and the like.

I had more to offer to the topic but have drawn a blank.

speaking about cage matches

what about you get the six best divas which would be beth, mickie, gail kim, mccool, melina, and eve in a elimination chamber?

:worship:

A Diva's cage match would, indeed, be something completely different and unexpected. I can't ever remember a time when women competed in a steel cage in the WWE. Of course, to make it even remotely successful, there would have to be a well developed storyline leading up to it. Cage matches are sometimes overused to begin with and throwing women into a steel cage without reasoning would be an utter failure.

With that being said, the current WWE Diva's roster isn't exactly packed full of talented wrestlers. In order for a cage match to be done right, the participants would have to be women who were skilled and willing to take a bump. In my opinion, Gail Kim, Beth Pheonix, Mickie James and Melina are the only names that could even be considered for such a match.

It depends who was in the match. Only a small group of Divas could pull it off
Also, Victoria defeated Lita in the first ever divas steel cage match in WWE history defeating Lita on the November 24th 2003 Raw Roulette.

Right on! You have a good memory! Alot of people don't remember that match/RAW?

Victoria defeated Lita in the first ever divas steel cage match in WWE history defeating Lita on the November 24th 2003 Raw Roulette. But the (first time) heel Matt Hardy interfered in the match, costing his (then real-Life girlfriend) Lita the match, to start there "on-screen" fued with each other.

It's just to bad we can't have ladder diva matches. But I see why not.

Well of course I would, but I'm a huge diva's fan. Regular Fans probably could give to shits. I suspect alot of the older male fans could care less if the divas can wrestle as long as they look hot.

Anyways after watching Melina Vs. Michelle at NOC, I think these two diva's could pull off a very solid cage match. These two are my favorites so I might be biased by oh well. Not only was there match miles ahead of the Mickie/Maryse borefest, and lauded as one of the best divas match this year it also showed that these two could be very physical.

Mickie, Gail, Nattie, Beth, & Katie could all pull off a cage match two imo, but I think with Melina & McCool doing it, it could stand out more. I mean people expect Natayla & Beth to be able to pull off such a match, but if McCool & Melina were to succeed at putting on a cage match, I think people would be more impressed(seeing how McCool is a so called Diva reject, who's only getting ahead because shes banging Taker--rolls eyes).

Like I said there match at NOC was very physical and the crowd reacted to alot of there spots(DDT on the barricade got a small "Holy Shit" chant, and everytime Melina or McCool hit the mat(hard)there were some cheers. I think these two could pull it off and it would be a great way to end the feud. I would take any Cage match for the divas, but right now with how things are set up, Melina/McCool is the cage match I want to see personally.

I think it would be cool to have another Diva's cage match. It can only work with the right divas. I can see McCool, Melina, Mickie, Gail, and Beth are ones that are capable and maybe Maryse. If they do it again, I want to see Beth vs. Gail as a battle of speed vs. power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back