• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would a New "Brood" faction work with a PG WWE on ECW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Crazy

CABS ARE HEEEERREEE!!
Well after coming across a video on youtube entitled The New Brood, do you think a stable such as The Brood would have worked in the modern era of the WWE. The reason I am putting this on ECW would be obviously due to the use of different ECW wrestlers from when the brand was started.

The leader would have obviously been Kevin Thorne, and Ariel would be in it too. Anyone else could really work as stablemates, as they would all just be " turned " into vampires, and become darker, sadistic versions of themselves. You could even bring back Gangrel in some form or another if you wanted to. With this being the new age and all though, instead of them going out in the clothing the original group would wear, they would all come out with suits and sunglasses on.

Just throwing this out there for a little discussion.

It's an interesting idea the concept of the brood itself is made to sound alot more menacing than it actually is.

Looking back they were not menacing to people at all but merely just have a vampirish gimmick.

It could have worked when we have Kevin Thorne, but I think WWE would most likely have avoided it as it might have encroached on the undertakers gimmick a bit, kevin thorne was even kinda pushing it.

It could of worked if WWE still had Kevin Thorne and also have Mike Knox plus Elijah Burke. Cause Kevin Thorne had that whole vampire gimmick going on along with Ariel, who would of been a good addition to the group too. You then have Mike Knox who could pull off a vampire gimmick, as he already looks nasty looking with that long beard. Elijah Burke would have the Black Pope gimmick which could work as a vampire gimmick to be apart of the Brood aswell. Even though WWE is PG, they could still have the Brood work if done right by the creative writers.

There's no reason it wouldn't work in the PG Era. PG does not mean PG as in movies, and even if it did, it's not a big deal. Vampires are insanely popular because of the Twilight craze, and vampires aren't all that edgy. I mean, they dress nicely and drink blood. Maybe they could rise out of a ring of fire. There's nothing about PG WWE that would limit a New Brood from forming.

As for whether or not one could form...sure, why not? We could have had Kevin Thorne and Ariel as the primary members, with Goldust as the leader and Mike Knox as an enforcer. Maybe throw in Hade Vansen. It could be fun.

Yeah, I think it could possibly have worked. Given how mainstream vampires have become lately (thanks to a certain movie series that I don't really like) they might have done something similar to the different type of vampire we have been seeing lately. Others have pointed out that Kevin Thorne should be the leader and Ariel should have joined too. I would have liked that because Thorne had a really cool gimmick. One thing is for sure though.... if they did a group like this.... I think it would have been different from the original Brood stable because its members would have had to live up to what Edge & Christian accomplished, plus there is also the PG problem. I think that a new "Brood" faction would be an interesting idea because it has the potential to be entertaining. It would come down to who is in the group though because like with any stable, who is in it could either make or break its potential.

There's no reason it wouldn't work in the PG Era. PG does not mean PG as in movies, and even if it did, it's not a big deal. Vampires are insanely popular because of the Twilight craze, and vampires aren't all that edgy. I mean, they dress nicely and drink blood. Maybe they could rise out of a ring of fire. There's nothing about PG WWE that would limit a New Brood from forming.

As for whether or not one could form...sure, why not? We could have had Kevin Thorne and Ariel as the primary members, with Goldust as the leader and Mike Knox as an enforcer. Maybe throw in Hade Vansen. It could be fun.

Why would you make Goldust even a part of this stable? He doesn't seem like the type for that sort of role. I know he essentially played a darker version of Goldust in TNA as Rellik but still, I can't see him in a vampire role. I'd much prefer to have Kevin Thorne as the leader of the group, and Mike Know, I can see him playing the vampire role well.

To really sell their " thirst for blood " instead of them taunting their opponent they could constantly tease biting them for their blood.

I would actually like a zombie group if its done right this time and not that debackle on ECW back in 2006. What they could do is get 3 superstars who are crazy insane, have them turn into zombies and go ape shit on people in the ring. Only way they can be controlled is by their manager, who is not a zombie he is a doctor who turned them into zombies for his own creation. But only he can control them. Anyways he would be crazy himself, but I feel that this could actually work if done the right way. The zombie superstars could come out in the asylum uniforms and ready to kick some major ass.

Why would you make Goldust even a part of this stable? He doesn't seem like the type for that sort of role.

I only chose Goldust because he was the best veteran I could see for the job, since Gangrel isn't coming back. Goldust is excellent at doing the "Dark, evil, bizarre" gimmick, and that's what I want this new brood to be. Sure, it would be based around vampires, but it could be a great stable focused on dark, bizarre characters. A little like The Oddities, but with more vampirism and less fail.

Well Goldust is great when it comes being dark, grity and brooding. Plus his talents need to be used somewere then jobbing on ECW everyweek or not being on the show. And yes Gangrel is not coming back so you need a leader who has expierence. On top of that I want to see dark Goldust again, no more comedy Goldust ever. That is what ruined his WWE career. He was an awesome upper midcarder with a cool gimmick. If he would of stayed that way it be great. But he can get back to them times. Go back to the darkside Goldust not goofy, cannot talk right Goldust. I like him to be the leader of the new Brood.

I'm all for another undead faction in the WWE as long as they don't go all "Twilight" and try to make them *shudder* sparkly. If it were a sort of vampire gimmick, Goldust returning to the "Prince of Perversity" gimmick would be a natural leader, but they would have to be careful how far they go in order to keep it PG. Who to put in there would be difficult. I think William Regal, if not actually a member, could forge an alliance with them. They'd also give a nicely comic book set of villians for someone like The Hurricane to crusade against...unless they got to him and turned him anti-hero, which might be interesting.

Personally, though, for a Brood type storyline, I'd like to see it on Smackdown with The Undertaker running the show the way he did with the Ministry of Darkness. (This is after he's no longer champion and someone else is fighting for it.) Have him even "kidnap" one or two and turning them to his side. Matt Hardy might be one, it'd at least give him something to do rather than jobbing. If Jeff is back by this time, bring him over as well. After all, these two both have history with 'Taker as well as both being part of the "New Brood".

No. The Brood was one of my all time favourite stables, but in all honesty, I don't think it'd work again. It worked the first time because Gangrel filed his teeth so he looked like an actual vampire, and was clearly well into it, and Edge and Christian looked like The Lost Boys. Gangrel or maybe Kevin Thorn are the only guys that you would find around that would make it legit, and I don't think that it is such a good angle that it would warrant hiring two guys that flatter to deceive like that.

The Brood Today yeah it will work. Just look at the movies that are toping out in theaters supernatural one way or another.Thanks to Twilight people are back to Vampires being cool. The key is using the right people. Kevin Thorn is a YES no question but who else would be good. Bring some people back and turn others. Have them mentored or lead by the original Gangrel. Till they turn on him and kick him out cause you cant just use a Name with out an original. Enless you can think of a new name for them that would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back