• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst Title Reign

DD84

PWN
Throughout the history of WWE, there have been many terrible title reigns. From the WWE Championship to the Women's Championship. My question is, what is the worst title reign in WWE History. It can be any champ, any title. Explain why and how would of you fixed it, if at all.

I don't think this is the worst one, but it has been sticking in my mine because it is so recent. This is William Regal's most recent IC reign because he looked completely weak and they were trying to restore pride in that belt, so I thought they would have had him defend it on a PPV and didn't.

Your thoughts!

i can name you plenty, recent and old like cm punks recent whc stint and any ecw champ of late. One i always remember is sgt slaughters reign which although it had a few weak bad taste storyline spin offs it was shite.I guess we we always get weak champions as the storyline will always need them but when it is somebodey who has been built up like a punk or a slaughter and their reign stinks the place out it can be a real pisser.

The obvious one is the Kane 24 hour reign. Whilst it would have been ok if he got another reign, he didn't. That was it. He was brilliant when he first entered, and whilst he won the match in suspect circumstances, he could have been given til at least the next PPV, and Austin could still have looked strong.

William Reagal is a great example. He only won the belt cuz they were in england. Say what you want about Santino but he had a great gimmick going before he lost it.

Any batista reign, I would just simply not have him on my roster.

The great khali. Just cuz he is big he won a couple of belts but he is the worst I've ever seen. Him and batista would make a good tag team though.

Hawkins and Ryder's tag team title reign, they had the belt for like 3 months and never defended it once until they lost it to Carlito and Primo they were the definition of a horrible title reign.

although i am a jeff hardy fan i feel that his WWE title reign was a bit of a disaster. he missed 2 smackdown events and only competed in 2 matches between armagedon and the royal rumble. 1 was a victory by countout VS big show and the other was a tagteam match where the big show walked out on edge.

what about vince mcmahon and his ECW title reign that was a joke

I believe i would have to go with any of Edge's title reigns! Edge may very well be a good viable top heel, BUT HE IS NOT A VIABLE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP. Edge ruins and disgraces the heavyweight title which would explain one of the reasons why smackdown doesnt get very good ratings. Put the belt on someone who deserves it!!

I believe i would have to go with any of Edge's title reigns! Edge may very well be a good viable top heel, BUT HE IS NOT A VIABLE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP. Edge ruins and disgraces the heavyweight title which would explain one of the reasons why smackdown doesnt get very good ratings. Put the belt on someone who deserves it!!

Obviousely, Edge does a good job at being a heel, cause you have it all wrong. Edge is a great heel champion. One of the best in years. No one can work a crowd like him. Name another heel on Smackdown that would make a better WHC. I can't think of any.

Bad title runs though must include HBK/Cena tag champs run, it was just nonsense (as are most of the tag title runs are though)

Also, is everyone forgetting that Andre the Giant only held the WWF Championship for about 1 minute??

Also, any Batista run is awful.

Rey Misterio's is the first that comes to mind. I am a fan of rey, but he lost more times than he won as champ. Can anyone refresh my memory as to if he even won a match as champ. I remember him losing alot of non title matches to bigger men before dropping the title to booker t.

Ok You "rbacica" Do You Watch Wrestling? You Know Wrestling? You Think? I Don't Think You Do......... Simply You Re An Horrible Analyst, What A Hell Is That, You Said A Man That Is The Best Big Match Wrestler In The Industry Today And The Top Heel And A Man Who Has Won Every Single Title And Has Been With Wwe For More Than A Decade Is Not Deserving Of The World Title? You're A Shit!!!!!!!!

Edge Makes Every Opponent Look Amazing Strong And Good, That's He's Job Men, Look At Flair, He Had Short Title Reigns Too, And Just For That You Will Say He's Not Good? Come On, He's The Best, So Edge Simply Does His Job, He Just Makes Good Surprising Wins To Then Make The Top Faces In The Industry Look Good, That's It. You're A Missery.

Now Going To Talk Seriously To People Who Know About Wrestling Not Like "rbacica" Uhmmmmmmmm Maybe The Worst Title Reigns In History Should Be:

*kane Wwe Title Reign (that's A Joke) He Deserves To Win It Again And Hold On To It At Least For Some Months.

*santino's Intercontinental Title Reigns. In The Past This Belt Was Held By The Best Athletes In The Company, That Doesn't Happen Today.....

*david Arquette's Wcw Title Reign........ufffffff Horrible

There Have Been Horrible Reigns That's For Sure... Right Now I Don't Remember Any Other But I Think There Is No Worst Title Reign Than David Arquette's Wcw Title Reign, Men Is Not Even A Wrestler!, Or Maybe Vince Russo's Title Reign, Wcw What A Joke!!

The worst I can remember was the 20 Minute reign by Dean Douglas after shawn had to hand over the title to Dean because of injury or according to rumor he didnt want to lay down for him.... and then in the very next half hour Dean loses to Razor Ramon. This is far worse than anything else I can think of.

Lately there seems to be alot of reigns that could be called "the worse". It seems that the WWE doesn't see the titles as prestiges as they may have once. There have been so many reigns(now and then)that have seem to be bad and not really having any importance.

To me I define a crappy title reign as any reign that seems to have no purpose and reigns that really do not showcase or propelle the title and the champion. Since I think a champion should get elevated by the title as well as making the title seem important.

So with my criteras there are way too many title reigns to mention. Of course CM Punks WHC would fit it. The way Punk won the title was really well done, and it defenitly brought attention to the title and the champion but really after the initial shock wore of Punk's reign really wasn't too great.

While Punk was the champion, he wasn't even the star of the show or got the most promotion. His feud with JBL seemed like at most an undercard feud, which definitley didn't help the belt seem "prestiges" or of "importance". And Punk as champion really didn't seem like the best(which the title should indicate). He was made to look very weak and even though it was suppose to be a "underdog" reign/storyline it still didn't make Punk look like a worthy mainevent.

Punk should have been elevated by the regin and made to seem like a worthy contender to the mainevent, by really he was made to look like a "punk"(pun intended). The title was made to look weak aswell. It just wasn't memorable or very helpful in trying to make Punk look legit and made the title look second rate.

And of course there are many other reigns that were bad including tag teams(Ryder/Hawkins), womens reigns(Beth Pheonix's first reign and Mickie's last was bad imo), IC(Jeff's last, Regal, ect)and others. Then there are the vintage bad reigns also. So I can be assured that as time goes by, there will be many more "worst title reigns" to come.

rated r champion....What matches are you watching? How in the hell can you possible think edge is The Best Big Match Wrestler In The Industry Today? How the hell can you believe anything you just said about edge? The only thing edge is good at is being a heel (which doesnt make for a great champ. great champ needs to be more than just a good heel.) And the other thing hes good at is SCREWIN UP MAIN EVENTS. Nothing sucks more than seeing a great main event come to an end with edge runnin in and somehow walkin away with the title without even earning it or bein involved in the match

the eight day reign batista had as world heavyweight,that was just pointless

the one day reign bret hart did as wwf champ

and pretty much all of the wcw and ecw final days world titles,ecw just put the strap on midcarders and wcw jsut flopped theres back an forth until scotty

I don't get why this was moved. This is about the worst title reign in WWE history,why can't it be there? But whatever, since you guys moved my own thread I will add another one that comes to mind.

Samoa Joe's world title reign. Like many have said, he was just annoying. If he was a heel like Jericho, then it would have made sense.

Lately there seems to be alot of reigns that could be called "the worse". It seems that the WWE doesn't see the titles as prestigious as they may have once. There have been so many reigns(now and then)that have seem to be bad and not really having any importance.

To me I define a crappy title reign as any reign that seems to have no purpose and reigns that really do not showcase or propel the title and the champion. Since I think a champion should get elevated by the title as well as making the title seem important..

I 100% agree with you there, and with that in mind the one that jumps out to me is Batista's last reign. Batista won it against Jericho at Cyber Sunday, eight days later he lost it back to Jericho on Raw in a steel cage match. Then Jericho went into a feud with Cena...there was no need for Batista to hold it for those eight days in my opinion.

I think the Great Khali's run was the worst. You can't understand what he says and he can't wrestle either. It made the title look like a joke.

a-trian i.c. tittle run. it made no sence. they should of kept it on kane nd make him a dominate champion

edges first i.c. tittle run. he had it for 24hrs nd if he was a break out star they should of made his first i.c. tittle run a long one

How about Cena and Batista's tag title reign from this past summer? They beat Rhodes and Dibiase only to lose the titles to them a week later. Completely pointless.

Also, I would go with Mr. Kennedy's US title reign from mid 2006. He won it from Finlay and basically did nothing with it until he lost it to Benoit. I know it was must likely done to elevate his status before his feud with Taker, but it was just an easily forgettable reign.

I don't think this is the worst one, but it has been sticking in my mine because it is so recent. This is William Regal's most recent IC reign because he looked completely weak and they were trying to restore pride in that belt, so I thought they would have had him defend it on a PPV and didn't.

Your thoughts!

Though I feel that Santino should have only lost the title to someone that was up and coming, I had hoped the Punk/Regal match-ups would have been better. They were not.

i can name you plenty, recent and old like cm punks recent whc stint and any ecw champ of late. One i always remember is sgt slaughters reign which although it had a few weak bad taste storyline spin offs it was shite.I guess we we always get weak champions as the storyline will always need them but when it is somebodey who has been built up like a punk or a slaughter and their reign stinks the place out it can be a real pisser.

CM Punks, was a little lackluster. It started good, but got boring. He then lost the title without even being in the match. That was a poor end to it. Sgt Slaughters was poor, but only for the reasons surrounding the storylines. It could have and should have been bigger and better.

William Reagal is a great example. He only won the belt cuz they were in england. Say what you want about Santino but he had a great gimmick going before he lost it.

Any batista reign, I would just simply not have him on my roster.

The great khali. Just cuz he is big he won a couple of belts but he is the worst I've ever seen. Him and batista would make a good tag team though.

Batista draws, and is decent as champion. Khali's reign made sense, and actually made Khali look like a person who was able to go to the top. Nothing wrong with that.

The obvious one is the Kane 24 hour reign. Whilst it would have been ok if he got another reign, he didn't. That was it. He was brilliant when he first entered, and whilst he won the match in suspect circumstances, he could have been given til at least the next PPV, and Austin could still have looked strong.

I am saddened that Kane never made it big again. They could have given him the belt a few months later. The title switch made sense at the time, it was a poor title reign, but they could have given him another one to prove himself.

Hawkins and Ryder's tag team title reign, they had the belt for like 3 months and never defended it once until they lost it to Carlito and Primo they were the definition of a horrible title reign.

Great example. I hate when the title is not defended.

hornswoggles cruiserweight title reign. no explanation needed

Yes you do, or it is spam. Hornswoggle served to kill off the cruiserweight title, a belt that the WWE no longer cares about.

batistas most recent reign, he had austin and HBK on his side to win it, then lost it a little over a week later

This was a goo example, I still haven't fully understood why they gave it to him only for him to drop it. Was the injury there at the time?

although i am a jeff hardy fan i feel that his WWE title reign was a bit of a disaster. he missed 2 smackdown events and only competed in 2 matches between armagedon and the royal rumble. 1 was a victory by countout VS big show and the other was a tagteam match where the big show walked out on edge.

what about vince mcmahon and his ECW title reign that was a joke

Poor Jeff. I really think he could have held the belt for a little longer. If he were to win the belt in the fall, I suspect he would have been allowed to keep it longer, bot lost it when he was faced with the road to Wrestlemania.

Vince knew what he was doing when he won the ECW title. It would be the same thin Bischoff would have done if he got to buy out WWE.

Wow, you must be a true Mark. You hate Edge? Atta fan. That is what you are supposed to do. But he doesn't disgrace the belt at all.

Bad title runs though must include HBK/Cena tag champs run, it was just nonsense (as are most of the tag title runs are though)

Also, is everyone forgetting that Andre the Giant only held the WWF Championship for about 1 minute??

I dislike when two main eventers are in the tag team division together and plow over tag teams. That is poor writting in my books.

Andre The Giants 45 minutes as champion served a point though. It furthered Hulk Hogan and feud through Wrestlemania.

Rey Misterio's is the first that comes to mind. I am a fan of rey, but he lost more times than he won as champ. Can anyone refresh my memory as to if he even won a match as champ. I remember him losing alot of non title matches to bigger men before dropping the title to booker t.

Rey, should not be in the Heavyweight scene. He is smaller than every other wrestler and is forced into playing the underdog the entire way through his career. That is never a great role for a champion.

*santino's Intercontinental Title Reigns. In The Past This Belt Was Held By The Best Athletes In The Company, That Doesn't Happen Today.....

*david Arquette's Wcw Title Reign........ufffffff Horrible

There Have Been Horrible Reigns That's For Sure... Right Now I Don't Remember Any Other But I Think There Is No Worst Title Reign Than David Arquette's Wcw Title Reign, Men Is Not Even A Wrestler!, Or Maybe Vince Russo's Title Reign, Wcw What A Joke!!

Did you capitilize every single word? That makes you sound like an unintelligent poster. I advise you not to do that, nor to flame other posters. You bring up a couple poor reigns. David Arquette's reign was poor, and promoted a movie. (Vote Arquette for #143). Russo won was at the end of WCW's life.

Now Santino's reign. It was great. It made people remember there was an IC title on Raw. It takes me a second to even remember who the champion is now... It is CM Punk, right? I sure hope so. Santino loved the IC belt, and that is more than I can say about any wrestlers for years.

The worst I can remember was the 20 Minute reign by Dean Douglas after shawn had to hand over the title to Dean because of injury or according to rumor he didnt want to lay down for him.... and then in the very next half hour Dean loses to Razor Ramon. This is far worse than anything else I can think of.

Transition champion to a tee. Made Razor a popular man though, so it served its point.

rated r champion....What matches are you watching? How in the hell can you possible think edge is The Best Big Match Wrestler In The Industry Today? How the hell can you believe anything you just said about edge? The only thing edge is good at is being a heel (which doesnt make for a great champ. great champ needs to be more than just a good heel.) And the other thing hes good at is SCREWIN UP MAIN EVENTS. Nothing sucks more than seeing a great main event come to an end with edge runnin in and somehow walkin away with the title without even earning it or bein involved in the match

It makes you a good heel. That is what Edge is. And as the best heel on Smackdown, he deserves about 50% of the heel reigns. And obviously you don't understand Edge's Character. The Ultimate Opportunist. That is what he does!

the one day reign bret hart did as wwf champ

It served to further the Bret Hart storyline with Austin, having Austin cheat Bret out of the title. Led to a great match at Wrestlemania.

shane douglas's whole second duration in wwf was a mistake

Maybe his first one too.

Samoa Joe's world title reign. Like many have said, he was just annoying. If he was a heel like Jericho, then it would have made sense.

Joe will probably go down as one of the most hyped and the biggest failures as a champion for TNA.

the reason batista lost his title was due to a drug test i think. and injury. but i have to say the worst title reigns *tied in my opinion* are

1. Great Khali- WHC
2. Randy Orton's first WWE Championship at No Mercy 07
3. Gillberg
4. Undertaker after the last WM
5. Spirit Squad
6. Vince in all of his

Batista and drugs. No Way.

Randy Orton was put down by Triple H. It was a shame.
Gillberg was the light weight champion in a time when that meant nothing. Not a bad reign, just a bad division.
Undertaker got hit with the injury train. Luckily Edge was there to pick it up.
Spirit Squad worked great I thought. 5 men defending a tag team title. Great idea.
Oh Vince McMahon.

Yokozuna 1st title reign he beats Bret by having Fuji throw salt in his eyes and then jobs to Hogan less then 5 minutes later.

Got the title back on Hulk Hogan and buried Bret a bit. Perfect for Hulk, a shame for Bret.

I think the worst title reign was Triple H's in between Randy Orton's title reigns last year. All it did was boast Triple H's title count.

[youtube]qgkNS5fPLig[/youtube]

Godfather's Ho wins the Hardcore Championship

Yes. This is the WORST title reign in history. What was once a somewhat respectable and interesting championship...this title reign sums up what the title had become...a side show that had a Jerry Springer (thanks NorCal) kind of shock factor. What did this title change accomplish during it's less than 30 second existence? A lot. It totally devalued the belt and paved the way for a future classic...KOTR 2000: Hardcore Title Evening Gown match. If WWE was trying to capitalize on ECW hardcore television, they failed miserably with this move.

Yokozuna 1st title reign he beats Bret by having Fuji throw salt in his eyes and then jobs to Hogan less then 5 minutes later.

This is definately the first worst title reign I could think of but the fact that it was on a PPV doesn't make it as bad as the next one. Bret has done this a couple times. He has lost the WWE title and the champion who defeated him lost the belt in less than a week after that. There is this one at WM with Yokozuna and Hogan and there is Bret losing to Bob Backlund in a throw in the towel match and then Backlund loosing to Diesel less than 7 days later at a house show.

Not considering any of the typical one month reigns, or any tag reigns that include two single wrestlers put together as a team (Rock N Sock, Austin/Dude Love, Cena?HBK, Batista/Rey, etc.), or any that had the champ lose within the first 5 or so defenses, I would have to say, that despite him being one of my all time favorites, Chris Jericho's first World Title run was awful. How bad is it when the heel champion plays a supporting part between the challenger and the challengers estranged wife? Jericho was basically a toss in on the HHH/Stephanie feud of the time. And this was for Wrestlemania, probably the worst hyped Mania main event ever. Even before that, he was not booked to look strong against his opponents. There is a point when a heel cheating is no longer acceptable, and just makes them look weak. Jericho was booked to look weak, rather than as a strong heel champion in that run.

I think the Great Khali's run was the worst. You can't understand what he says and he can't wrestle either. It made the title look like a joke.

The only thing that made that reign really awful was the manner in which he won it. A 20 man battle royal? Come on, that was lame. Battle royals are good for determining challengers, not champions. If they would have done it so the last two remaining had a title match, I could have swallowed it a bit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back