• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If You Could Erase ONE Title Reign From Each Championship in TNA...

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
I'd like to know if you could erase one title reign from history for each championship currently active in TNA Wrestling, which would it be and why?

TNA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Mick Foley's reign in 2009. It lasted 63 days, but it just came off as a terrible move. Foley was hardly main event material anymore.

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Kevin Nash's 3 day reign in 2009. They could have just given it to Mick Foley ahead of time, like they ended up doing. Short reigns like that one are rather pointless.

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Abyss in May 2011. He is the exact opposite of what the X Division is supposed to be about, and this should have never happened.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Anarquia and Hernandez in August 2011. They were one of the worst teams I have ever seen and making them champions was a disgrace.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
This one was tougher to pick. I'll go with Tara's 1 day reign on 10/10/10. The match also included Madison, who won the belt the very next day. They should have just let Madison win it a day in advance.

KNOCKOUT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Tougher to pick just one since these belts are hardly relevant. I ended up picking Hamada and Awesome Kong. That was such an odd pairing and I never quite got into them as a team.

So what about the rest of you? Please explain why you would remove each reign and limit it to just one per belt.

Discuss! :)

Nice thread!

TNA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Either of Mr. Andersons completely forgettable title reigns. If the rules of this thread stated you could choose two different reigns to delete from history I'd still choose these two. This doesn't mean I personally didn't want him as champ, as I did but I still marvel over how oddly he was booked during his (very short) runs.

TELEVISION TITLE
hehe.. well I wish I could undo the current champ, but for the sake of the thread I'll gladly vote Rob Terry. Although it was the global title at the time the "Freak" held the belt for a cringeworthy 167 days. While it's a blessing nobody was maimed in the ring during this stretch it shows why the belt doesn't have much prestige currently. Why isn't this title being used to elevate Mid Card guys on the cusp??

X DIVISION TITLE
Robbie E. Simply put I hated every nano second of this reign. This was more go away hatred, I'm bored hate. However Kendricks reign was very obnoxious in a different way, where I certainly wanted him to be dethroned every match. The only reason I didn't say Abyss is because the X-Division has had guys who go against the "traditional" X-Division look or style, and he was there just to put over who would eventually defeat him, again unfortunately this happened to be Kendrick.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
The Band-Co Starring Eric Young: I hoped and prayed, but as soon as the reports surfaced where Hall was having panic attacks after seeing himself in the elvis costume I knew this couldn't work. Not even nostalgia could save this from being a trainwreck.

KNOCKOUT CHAMPIONS
Velvet Sky, reasoning: what a waste, the reign was so short why even do it?
She's certainly over, TNA really seems to get caught in this if we make them wait a year to finally triumph it will mean more philosophy. They should look at Mickie James to see why that doesn't always work.

KO Tag Title
I actually don't think I'd erase any of the reigns.

I think IW is starting to use better judgement when allocating these titles, 2012 looks promising. Fun thread

TNA World Championship- For the sake of argument, I'd go with the second World Championship run of Jeff Hardy. The reason I'd erase that is that Anderson would still be champion around Victory Road and the whole Sting-Jeff Hardy fiasco at Victory Road would have never happened. And even if Hardy was in the main event and did show up to work that whacked out, there would at least be Anderson and Sting there to salvage the main event of the show into something worth the audience's money. (In fact, to this day, it still bothers me about TNA that they didn't call an audible on that night and prevent it from happening.)

TNA Television/Legends/Global Championship- Rob Terry. He did nothing for the championship, and the belt could have been put on the shoulders of someone who was actually worth 2 cents in the ring.

TNA Tag Team Championship- Latin America- Same as Rob Terry. It did nothing for the championship and considering the level of tag team action the division had for several years before this, it was sad to see this team drag down the whole division.

TNA Knockouts Championship- Taylor Wilde- I never got Wilde's appeal period. Honestly, I'd let Kong hold on to the title for the period of time TNA gave Wilde the championship. It would have made Kong that much more dominant in the eyes of the viewer.

TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship- I don't think I'd do anything different with it in promotion or in title reigns. It's a championship mostly out of sight and mind with the audience anyway.

TNA X-Division Championship- Johnny Devine- From a long time ago, when Lethal and the Motor City Machine Guns were feuding with Team 3D and Devine over the X-Division. I personally hated that storyline and most of the matches that came out of that. Devine's win came as a result of that storyline, and since I'd rather forget that storyline ever happened, I'd rather have Lethal hold onto that championship for that amount of time and the time he got after the title reign.

I don't understand wanting to erase short title reigns. To me that's just typical IWC armchair overbooking. Short title reigns bring an air of unpredicability to the proceedings. People worry themselves too much with trying to think like Crocket instead of thinking like fans.

That said, Abyss' run with the X title was pointless. That didn't do anything for anyone. I also agree with the Nash one. Nash was never loyal to TNA. I understand giving Rhino the title as a kind of reward (even tho they misused him after that), but not for Nash.

What’s worse than 1 Day reigns??

If I could erase ANY (I only have 2) Title reign from Championships in TNA:

X-Division
Eric Young – December 7, 2008

TNA Tag Team
Super Eric Young and Kaz – April 15, 2008

One day reigns do bother me, but I wouldn’t erase those. Now the less than one day reigns, those should be deleted from the records similar to Jericho’s first WWE Title reign and the Rockers WWE Tag Team Title reign.

TNA World Championship-Mr Anderson's 2 Title Reigns from last year. He wins the 1st at Genesis from Jeff Hardy and then loses it the next month back to Jeff in the Ladder Match. The 2nd comes against Sting at Slammiversary in June and then back to Sting in July on Impact. Anderson to me seems like the Bret Hart of TNA (though not quite as good in the Ring) but no clue what to do with him.

X-Division Championship-I guess I will say Abyss's run from last year. I guess I see why they did it because Bischoff bascially wanted to kill it but overall just made no sense to put that Belt on Abyss.

Tag Team Championship-Kaz & Eric Young,sadly I remember this. Winning them from AJ & Tomko & being stripped the same night. Why?

TV Championship-Kevin Nash's 3 Day run,winning at Victory Road 2009 and losing it to Foley on Impact the next week in a Tag Match.

KO Championship-Mickie James & Winter from last year. Swapping them at Hard Justice and then No Surrender. Both Matches had the SAME FINISH :banghead:

KO Tag Team Championship-Not really sure because these Belts really don't mean a whole lot.

TNA World title--This is a tougher one, but i guess i have to go with Mr. Anderson's first run. it was too short and he had the Jeff Hardy belt which never went well with Mr. Anderson.
Tna X-Division Championship--Abyss, for the fact i felt he was booked wrong, instead of embracing the x-division, he wanted it gone, he should've taken that rule of no limits and made it like a hardcore rules match to suit his style then had him lose it in a hardcore style of match.
TNA TV Title--Do i have to pick one!!!! this title has been badly booked. when it became the tv title by Styles was when i liked it best, then went to Williams (not bad at all), then Abyss (didnt hate it), then it went to Gunner (uh oh), then it went to EY (NO!!!!) then to Robbie E. (NO again!). the worst champ was EY because the title was then a comedy belt, but Robbie E is a close 2nd with Gunner and Rob Terry right behind. this title needs someone like Daniels, Ray or another good wreslter and speaker to hold this title!!! there were too many bad reigns here.
TNA Knockouts Championship--any of the short reigns of Tara's and Angelina Love's who i felt were good people to hold the title.
TNA Knockouts Tag Team Titles-- Kong and Hamada because they never lost the titles.
TNA Tag Team titles--no doubt about it, Mexican America, they were just awful in the ring and on the mic.

TNA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
It's a toss up between either of Mr. Anderson's two reigns because they just didn't make ANY sense in the long term storyline and seemed to happen just because. The first reign seemed to happen only because they needed to put the title on anyone other than Hardy while they waited to find out how much, if any, jail time He would get on his drug charges. The second was especially annoying because it made even less sense than the first, because he made such a big deal about wanting a rematch, he wins the title, joins Immortal in order to keep it, because Immortal had all of the power, and then... loses it to the same guy that he won it from a few weeks after joining the super group that was supposed to help him keep it. WHY!?!?!?

LEGENDS/GLOBAL/TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Robbie E, because he has held the title for over four months and I just had to look up who the champion is... If you hold and active Championship for that long and people don't even know that you have it than that makes you a pretty bad champion.
HONORABLE MENTION: Eric Young's latest reign as Television Champion was AWFUL, but at least I was able to remember that he was champion...

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Abyss. If Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan HATED the X Division SOOO much, and they wanted it gone, and they ran the show, why didn't they just vacate the title and send all of the X Division wrestlers home? This reign made zero sense.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Ron Killings and Adam "Pacman" Jones. Non wrestlers should NEVER hold wrestling championships, especially when they are legally prohibited from actually BEING INVOLVED IN MATCHES!

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
Tara's One day reign was just stupid. if she was going to just hand the title over the next night by laying down the way that she did why even win it in the first place? I have no problems with short title reigns, I don't really have a problem with throw away "matches" where one person obviously just lays down for another person (i.e. Shawn Michaels/Triple H in '97), but it was the reason that she laid down and gave away the title. out of gratitude for getting her job back? SHE WAS THE CHAMPION AT THAT POINT!!! She had the power to at least negotiate her way out of her contract with Rayne, but instead she just laid down?

Can I just erase this entire Championship from history?

TNA World Title-Rob Van Dam's title reign from April 2010 to August 2010- First off from the begining it was booked badly, he had two matches at Lockdown and then beat AJ the following day was hailed as the supercena of TNA, then vacates the title because Abyss attacks backstage with that supid 2x4 with nails making it look like a scene from a horror movie.

TNA X-Division Title- Amazing Red, this one I have a hard time saying because in the ring Amazing Red lives up to his name, he is amazing but outside of the ring, he couldn't do a promo to save his life so TNA decided of have a bright idea of putting Don West as his manager. What the hell was the point of that, the man talked way too much I didn't mind him when he was a commentator even though he over sold a move way too many times but when they pared him and red together i thought all right managers starting to make a comeback maybe they might make red heel but no all Don West does is not shut the fuck up and commentats the match at ringside, if they wanted the guy back to commentating a match put him at the table not ringside. I didn't know if he was a manager, a commentator, or a guy trying to sell me a brown bag special.

TNA TV Title- Booker T, get rid of the first ever reign of a title that nobody wanted then the title would never exist. Can someone tell me what is this title anyway. They call it the TV title but it still has the Legends Championship all over it, Jesus first it was the Legends title and it was Booker T's own personal title and would only be defended when he saw fit, then it was the Global Championship and Eric Young said he wasn't going to defend this title on American Soil against American Wrestlers okay thats fine now could be rid of the damn thing but ooooooooooooooo no TNA had another bright idea and thought lets make it the TV title, and it will be defended every Impact and every ppv well has it, NO then what the hell is this title anyway because it sure as hell isn't a tv title like the ones i remember.

TNA Knockouts Championship- For me two reigns really piss me off that TNA even thought this would be a bright idea. First off does anybody remember Cody Deaner..........allright same here i actually looked this yup when ODB was champion around the time of August 2009 through September 2009 there was a match and Cody pinned one member of the Beautiful People and tired to take the title claiming he was King of the Knockouts. The second one that was just a bad idea was the match that was the Lockbox. Here is the background story A match of there chosing, Knockout title, Tara's Spider, and a Striptease was all on the line you had to be a winner of a key to get it, the four were Daffney, Tara, Velvet, and Angelina. Daffney and Tara were fueding at the time Tara was the champion and Daffney sole her spider, Velvet and Angelina were fueding because Angelina felt betrayed for the Beautiful People replacing her with Lacy Von Eric because she had to leave TNA because of her work Visa. Now logic thing to do would be put the title of Daffney or let Daffney keep the spider to further her storyline with Tara, and give Angelina the match of her chosing because she was fueding with Velvet at the time and it only seemed right, I don't really understand what was the point of the striptease. Either way Tara gets her spider back, Angelina gets the title, Velvet gets the match of her chosing, and Daffney had to perform a striptease and gave us 10 minutes of uneasyness only to have Lacy Von Eric come out and stip down. Don't really see the point of that but was a very stupid way to start Angelina Love's third reign as champion

TNA Knockouts Tag Team Titles-Awesome Kong and Hamada this team looked awesome (no pun intended) but they looked good. You had the power of Awesome Kong and the speed of Hamada there just wasn't any teams for they to defend it too shortly after they didn't defend it for 30 days and were stripped of the title. Hamada and Kong left the company shortly after.

TNA Tag Team Titles- Matt Morgan's solo title reign, this was a storyline that just stopped dead in its track because the Band was doing a renioun tour and they put the belts on them. The start of this storyline was Matt Morgan refering to himself as we and injuried his partner Hernandez. Management said he needed a partner and he kept taking out his partners.

TNA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
ill go with Jeff Hardy's run that begin at against all odds last year and ended with victory road anderson should have beat him in the ladder match and gotten rid of that god awful belt they had for hardy the fact anderson carried that title around proved hardy would get the title back shortly to me.

TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
"Kevin Nash's 3 day reign in 2009." thats what i was going to pick too EY's was bad so was rob terry's but a 3 day reign was pointless

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
id love to get rid of Abyss and Robbie E's runs both were pointless and horrible the only good thing that came from either run was abyss put over brian kendrick to give him his first x divison title and i enjoyed him as champion alot personally.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
hmm i was gonna say The Band or Kaz & EY's but seeing as both have been said a few times ill go with the reign Booker T & Scott Steiner had way back in the Main Event Mafia days i loved the stable but this team was just horrible and they only got the belts because both were part of legendary teams back in WCW.

KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP
gotta agree with the original poster on Tara's 1 day run that was pretty stupid if they were gonna do that madison should have just gotten the title at Bound For Glory (speaking of Madison shes 1 of the best champs this company has had and i cant wait till shes champ again)

i maybe the only one in this forum who actullay likes the KO tag titles but id say the run of Angelina Love & Winter it would have been much better for the beautiful people to just get the titles here or for their opponets madison & tara to win them.

TNA World Heavyweight Title - I will have to go with Rob Van Dam. Nothing personal here, but he had the title for 113 days before he got injured and had to vacate. To be honest, the reason is that it was quite a forgettable reign. At the time I thought the company were done giving the title to ex-WWE guys, and then this happened. If I can be honest, I don't even remember any of his defences, because his wrestling style got a little bit stale.

TV Title - Going to go with Rob Terry here. It was the Global Title then but my God, I look at Terry the same way I look at Mason Ryan. They should form a boring tag team and call themselves Roid Rage or something. Very forgettable wrestler, terrible on the mic, and not much better in the ring.

X Division Title - I would have to go with Suicide here. Again nothing personal, but I wasn't really a fan of the whole, he's in the game so lets bring him to life gimmick. His entrance was kind of cool but that is the only thing I remember about his reign.

Tag Team Titles
- I'm going with Crimson and Morgan here. I get it. They wanted to face each other, so they were put together as the monster team. Crimson is still not getting over and Morgan, as over as he is didn't get anything from teaming with Crimson. Did not work in the slightest for me. I was at the Wembley tapings and they got very little reaction from the live crowd. Mirrored my thoughts exactly.

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Going to have to pick Mick Foley.
Don't get me wrong, Mick is one of all time fav's. But this reign didn't really do anything for him or TNA and wasn't really memorable. If booked correctly then I wouldn't of picked Foley at all.

X-DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Abyss

COMPLETE opposite of what the X-Division is all about. I just hated the fact Abyss was the champion. Sure Kurt Angle isnt an X-Division wrestler, but at least he didn't devalue the title or it's credibilty.

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Adam "Pacman" Jones & Ron Killings
Good god Jones was awful. Not even a wrestler.. Didn't even get involved in anything physical! His association with Killings hurt and nearly ruined Killings' career.

KNOCKOUT'S CHAMPIONSHIP
Velvet Sky.

Just a terrible reign and a waste. At least give the girl a chance to see if she carry the gold instead of slapping it back straight on Gail Kim as soon she walk's back through the door

KNOCKOUTS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Belts are useless so no need for an opinion on it

World Title- Theres a few but I will choose James Storm. I just do not see why they gave him a short run with the belt only to put it onto Roode.

Television- Probably Eric Young because basically he sucks and I dont get what TNA see in this guy. He looks and sounds like a cartoon villain.

X Division- Abyss. Just didn't look right at all. Devalued the title.

Tag Team- Ron Killings and that footballer who's name I forget. Celebrities should never hold titles.

I have no opinion on the knockouts titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back