Favourite WWE Championship reign of the decade.

John Cena. Most people won't pick him because apparently he can't wrestle and has no skills, I beg to differ. Let's take a look at some of his PPV matches from his 06-07 championship reign.

vs. Edge - TLC - Unforgiven - ****1/4

vs. Umaga - LMS - Royal Rumble - ****

vs. Shawn Michaels - WM 23 - ****1/2

vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge - Can't rate, I haven't seen it but people say it was phenomenal.

vs. Bobby Lashley - Great American Bash - ***3/4

vs. Randy Orton - Summerslam - ****1/4

All this from one title reign and I'm not even counting his matches on Raw like his one hour match against Michaels or his steel cage match against Edge.

I have to go with Cena's year long reign. I thought that it was extremely entertaining. He had great feuds with a list of different men. It was a shame that he had to get injured, because I was looking forward to see how they had to take the title off of him It really was a great reign when you think about it.... Cena did an amazing job holding the belt for a year...

Edge's first reign was pretty important to me. I was with my only other wrestling friend at the time, and us being a couple Canadian marks were ever so excited at the result. It was New Years Revelation when it happened, and it was due to John Cena's beat down in an Elimination Chamber. I was a huge fan of Carlito, and I was ever so proud of how well he did in the chamber, finishing last. At the end of the match, knowing Michaels was not the champion, knowing that Carlito was not the Champion, it was an okay of a match.

But than Edge, cashing in his title shot was on of the biggest mark out moments of my life. Edge finally had a chance to win it, and when he did it was amazing. Finally Edge had won the title!

But it only lasted 3 weeks. But nonetheless, those three months showed something. Edge could be champion, and John Cena could become defeated. Wrestling was getting better.

I'm with many others. Cena from 06-07. The reign had you on the edge of your seat during each PPV match he had because you truly didn't know when his reign was going to come to an end. Those were the best matches Cena has had in his career IMO and he has yet to top those. I hope he gets another run similar to that one because it brought actual excitement to the WWE Title that we haven't seen in a long time. I am not a fan of John Cena the character but when he's champion... it's just like... Cena? Yeah... well... why not? GO CENA!

For me, a few of those are great choices.. I mean, I loved seeing Jericho beat the Rock and Stone Cold in the tournament for the Undisputed title. I, like some of you, even pined at the thought of someone dethroning Cena from his year-long reign. But most importantly, was that Randy Orton, after months of chasing his dream, finally succeeded. My favorite was in October of '07 Randy Orton was awarded the WWE title.. No Mercy that year was insane, when he lost the belt to Triple H, and then he regained it.

I would have to say the late Eddie Guerrero because of his demons he went threw personaly in his life god I miss EG but yeah thats my favorite WWE Championship reign of the decade.

i am with you i grew up a big fan of the mexican style wrestling, when i grew up those were the wrestlers i idolized, and to see the wwe give someone of eddie's stature a run with the belt was awesome, same thing with y2j, he deserved that guy is a hell of a preformer

I'll go for Cena's and probably WWE's last long reign from 06-07. What made this reign so fucking good was everyone even smarks into it. Really when is the last time everyone cared a title reign. Even it made smarks excited they wanted Cena to lose the title as soon as possible but marks wanted Cena to keep his title. It was a hell long title reign and it's a shame that Cena was injured. I don't even need to talk about his damn fine matches. Not only he didn't look strong but at the same time his opponents looked like gold.

Unfortunately this reign was the biggest reason of the born of Cena hate. Even some of his fans started to turn on him because of this long long title reign but I think it made the whole reign much more exciting. Because everyone in the crowd was reacting to Cena %50 percent wanted him to keep his title the other %50 percent wanted him to lose. Smarks ordered PPVs to Cena lose,marks ordered PPVs to see Cena win. It was for me without a doubt the most exciting title reign on RAW and I really wanted to see who could take the title from Cena.

I’m going to go with Chris Jericho’s Title run at the end of 2001. To me, the Undisputed Title meant more than the WWE and WCW (World) Titles combined, literally and figuratively. It also showed that Jericho could run as the Champion Main Eventer in the company, if given a chance.

With the “Undisputed” reasoning behind my choice, I also think that Triple H’s, Hulk Hogan’s, Undertaker’s, Rock’s, and Brock Lesnar’s runs as WWE / WCW World Heavyweight Champion were also great. They were showcased as the best of the best and displayed it on both the Red and Blue show, at a time when the Brand Extension started. From December 2001 to August 2002, The Champ was really the “Man”.

I gotta go with Stone Cold Steve Austin's 'Demonic Heel' Title reign from 1st April 2001 until September 2001. He lost to Kurt angle but then won it back again a week later and held onto the Title until Decembers Vengeance losing it to Jericho in the Undisputed Championship night. So basically he held the title for the majority of 2001 which is by far one of the best years in WWE history. This Title reign for me personally was magic, I loved his unexpected heel turn, his match with The Rock at Wrestlemanis 17 is still my favourite match of all time, the way he turned his back on all his allies like Triple H made you wana hate him more (The Power Trip Tag Team was Sweet too)..He also eventually turned his back on Vince McMahon who he had 'sold his soul' to in order to get the Title in the first place..and then he even turned his back on the entire WWF Roster and its fans during that swerve face turn by joining The WCW/ECW Aliiance. It just got better and better! He had some damn awesome matches with The Rock, Jericho, Angle and Benoit and It truly was DTA 'Don't Trust Austin' - Plus it was with the Attiutde era WWF Title which is by far the best! Anyone agree with me on this reign??

Call me crazy, but I'm gonna go with Orton's first (Well, techinically second. But his first proper reign.)
I just found it really enjoyable. I personally prefer heels as champions too, faces seem to be more entertaining when chasing the title. But anyway...

To win the belt, Orton defeated Triple H clean in one of their best ever matches (with each other).
He then went into a nice little feud with HBK, and pinned Michaels (sort of) clean at Survivor Series after getting DQed at Cyber Sunday.
He had a great match at Armageddon with Chris Jericho, which was ruined by JBL...
He then had a good feud with Jeff Hardy, punting Matt and beating Jeff clean at the Royal Rumble.
After that he had a lackluster match with Cena at No Way Out. Despite the average match, he was still playing a heel really well at this point.
I think the fact that everyone thought he would get destroyed at Wrestlemania 24 showed how good he'd been as a heel up until this point. A good heel is one that is somewhat of a coward, does anything to win, but is awesome when he needs to win a match. That's what Orton was. And he beat both Triple H and John Cena in a good match at Wrestlemania 24.

So, yeah. Judge me all you want but that's been my favourite title reign this decade.

I'm gonna go with what the majority have been saying, it is John Cena's year long title reign from September 2006 until October 2007.... I actually think that another long reign like this one would benefit the wwe right now. It kept people watching to see who finally beat him, until he got injured by Orton and had to give up the title. Orton's title reign that started right after that, was the second best. It had the same feel of making you wonder who would finally beat Orton. I hated that title reign at the time, but looking back on it, it was awesome. Almost as awesome as Cena's year long one.
_

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back