Favorite World Heavyweight Championship reign.

"Cool Guy" Jensen

Undertaker for Champ!
We all know that after Summerslam 2002, when Brock Lesnar won the WWE Championship, he opted to stay only on Smackdown and only defend the title against Smackdown superstars. This left Raw without a World Championship or World Champion. This forced then-Raw GM Eric Bischoff to create a World Title of his own. But instead of actually making a superstar earn the title, he awarded it to Triple H. Now, with the inspiration of fellow Wrestlezoner, Rob... I ask the question, what was your favorite World Heavyweight Championship reign since it's debut?

Triple H - 9/02
Shawn Michaels - 11/02
Triple H - 12/02
Goldberg - 9/03
Triple H - 12/03
Chris Benoit - 3/04
Randy Orton - 8/04
Triple H - 9/04
Vacant - 12/04
Triple H - 1/05
Batista - 4/05
Vacant - 1/06
Kurt Angle - 1/06
Rey Mysterio - 4/06
King Booker - 7/06
Batista - 11/06
The Undertaker - 4/07
Edge - 5/07
Vacant - 7/07
Great Khali - 7/07
Batista - 9/07
Edge - 12/07
The Undertaker -3/08
Vacant - 4/08
Edge - 6/08
C.M. Punk - 6/08
Chris Jericho - 9/08
Batista - 10/08
Chris Jericho - 11/08
John Cena - 11/08
Edge - 2/09
John Cena - 4/09
Edge - 4/09
Jeff Hardy - 6/09
C.M. Punk - 6/09
Jeff Hardy - 7/09
Current World Heavyweight Champion: C.M. Punk

My favorite reign would have to be Chris Benoit's one that lasted from Wrestlemania XX to Summerslam 2004. Him winning the title by making Triple H tap out was one of the greatest moments I've ever seen. His title reign was very well done, and I would have done anything to have seen him win the title just one more time. Every one of his title defenses were epic matches, and I think his title reign was quite underrated.

Coming in at 2nd would be "Vacant" from December 2004 to January 2005. This being because it led to an "Elimination Chamber" match with Triple H, Chris Benoit, Edge, Randy Orton, Batista, and Chris Jericho. The looks on all six of their faces when Eric Bischoff announced that Shawn Michaels would be the Special Guest Referee was priceless, especially Edge and Triple H.

How about you?

I am going to have to agree with cool guy and say Benoit's 04 reign.(favorite wrestlemania moment when he won). It was definately an underrated title reign and it dosent shock me because Benoit is one of the most underrated wrestlers of all time. Even when he dropped the title he dropped it with dignity and class at summerslam which leads to my second pick, randy ortons.

Orton definately paid his dues to the company and deserved this reign. I Also loved when he won the rematch against Benoit and evolution turns on him after the match leading to a nice little face run. The reign was short, but memorable(to me).

I'm going to go with Benoit's one as well. He had many great matches as champion from the triple threat at Backlash to the one with Kane at Bad Blood and HHH at Vengeance. You can't also forget his RAW Iron Man Match and his match with HBK. For some reason I would have wanted to see Benoit drop it back to HHH so that Orton can take it off him but with Brock Lesnar leaving, they need a new youngest champion. Benoit vs. Orton was great and it capped the end of a great championship reign.

I will also agree that my favorite has to be Chris Benoit. The buildup was done really well and it was good to see a guy who paid his dues have that special WM 20 moment with Eddie another guy that paid his dues. It's kinda weird though that he and Batista hold the record for the longest title reigns at 5 months (kinda sad for the WHC). In those 5 months though he did have really great matches with the Backlash match, the match with Kane, HBK Iron Man man his reign, etc. I wish Benoit could've had a longer title reign so he could've brought more prestige to that belt, although I feel like they gave it to Orton too soon and for what to hand it back to HHH a month later? Hands down Chris Benoit IMO the best WHC reign and it was my favorite.

I will go ahead and say Batista's first title reign when he was drafted to Smackdown I loved everything about it especially that great feud with JBL for the World Heavyweight Title those matches were amazing. Man whenever I look at some of the matches from this feud I wished he never got drafted to RAW.After this feud I will say the Chris Benoit Title run it was amazing as well especially with the return of Edge and them winning the Tag Titles.

My favorites are the vacant reign from december 04 to janurary 05 and randy orton's reign. That elimination chamber is probably my favorite I ever watched, at least it was the last good one. And Orton winning it was real exciting for me. I was real in to Evolution back then and when he won and got turned on it was a big change and something brand new. I also liked his face run, which didn't last that long, neither did his reign either. But I agree with the troop on orton's reign being real memorable for me.

I am going with Triple H's reign from 12/03 to 3/04. I liked his feud with Goldberg, the last man standing match with HBK at the Royal Rumble is one of my all time favorites, and then their was the epic triple threat at WM 20 where he tapped out to Benoit.

Chris Benoit is it for me. I was so excited to see him finally win a big one in the WWE. His matches with Triple H and HBK were second to none. Seeing him make Triple H tap at Mania XX was incredible.

Whoever said that Benoit had the longest reign, tying with Batista for 5 months is pretty ignorant. Batista's first reign lasted about 9 months. My personal favorite is Benoit's. Coming in at 2nd is Batista's first reign (what got me hooked to WWE). I did like Mysterio's reign though. Only because of the good feeling of it. Yes, it exploited Eddie's death, but it was the Ultimate Underdog feel-good story and ended perfectly with Booker's only WWE world title.

I would have to say Triple H 12/02. I started watching WWE at the end of January 03 and I remember how mad I got everytime HHH cheated to retatin... it was truly a great reign. He screwed over the likes of Scott Steiner, Booker T, Kevin Nash (coincidentally all part of the MEM) and several others.

i will have to go with edges first reign because he was a great heel than and very entertaining but then he go injured and had to surrender the title

second would be shawn michaels reign even though it only lasted 28 days it very well could have been his last world title run ever

Kahli's reign is the best in my opinion since this has awalys been a worthless belt. Why has his reign been the best you ask? Well it's because he should have never been given the belt in the first place proving that the saturation of having two major titles is wrong since obviously one champion is head over heels better then the other one. Unified belts need to be brought back and half of these guys on this list need to retire.

Kahli's reign is the best in my opinion since this has awalys been a worthless belt. Why has his reign been the best you ask? Well it's because he should have never been given the belt in the first place proving that the saturation of having two major titles is wrong since obviously one champion is head over heels better then the other one. Unified belts need to be brought back and half of these guys on this list need to retire.

i think they have two world titles so theres more of an oppurtunity for superstars to get a world title run, if there was only one world champion, cm punk would not have been champ yet, but it would be epic to see a unified match for the two world titles out wrestlemania next year because the title pictures are getting real staled, im sick of seeing hhh, orton and cena in the title picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back